The Summer OTT Extravaganza!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried offering some budget attorney services to my friend for his child support case, but he said no. :whistle2:(

Hell, I was willing to do it Pro bono for him.

What about Pro cher? /jake

Pachter making an interesting prediction on Bombcast Day Zero - he thinks smart glass will be a way to control the Xbox 720 which will basically be a cable hub subsidized by Comcast/Time Warner/etc much how the iPhone was subsidized by ATT.

I bought a $50 Target gift card off of my son for $30. Teens love cash money!

What's the likleyhood my wife bought it for him, and I just paid $80 for a $50 Target Gift Card? He is sneaky like that...

I saw the new Snow White movie the other day and really want to see Prometheus next week. I don't know how I feel about 2 movies starring Charlize Theron in a row though.

Well, first I saw a guy getting chased by a swarm of zombies. I helped him out and even offered him supplies (didn't take any), he said thanks and we went our separate ways. I felt pretty good about it, but then I went into a building to scavenge supplies and I happened upon a guy standing guard at the top of the stairs. I think he thought I was coming up the stairs and was preparing to kill me, so I killed him. He counted as a "murder" for me, so I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have done it? I'm pretty sure he was going to axe me.

Anyway, took a ton of awesome shit from his body. Then, I ran into another guy. I pumped him full of lead, and he was bleeding out, but then the fucker logged out. Then, not five minutes later, I run into two more guys and I open fire. They took off running. I then snuck around back and found one of them and killed him. It too counted as a murder. His friend was nowhere to be found.

I feel icky about it, but trying to outsmart them was, no joke, the most intense feeling I've ever had playing a game. I had to quit soon afterwards because I was exhausted. I really didn't want to die.

Dayumn man .. I was gonna team up with you when I got this game but now I don't know. You sound unhinged. And even if you don't kill me you'll have a bounty.

I was reading about 'bandit skin' on GAF. That sounded like a cool/helpful feature for people who want to avoid being PKed. Too bad they got rid of it already.

Well come on, I was 99.9% sure that if I hadn't killed them, they would have killed me. It's just the feeling I got and I couldn't risk it. I was fresh off a respawn after trying to befriend somebody and getting murdered for my efforts.

If you get the game, we can team up because I know (well, at least I'm pretty sure) that you won't kill me, so I have no motivation to kill you. We stand to benefit much more as a team.

I think they'll bring back the bandit skin. A lot of people want it back.

Now, one of you has to play with me soon. I want to go north to one of the airfields and see if we can't snag ourselves a chopper. I can't make the trip on my own, because as they say, people hunt you in the north...

I'm down when I have some time. I couldn't find the server you were talking about so I popped into a random one but it glitched out on me.

Got around to playing Arkham City: Harley's Revenge, somehow its not having the same impact I had while playing through the main story line. Its like I'm over it. :/

Part of it could be that I forgot most of the controls.

So Borderlands was played through, but I found myself underwhelmed with it. Didn't even feel like going through another playthrough and thought it was good in the beginning, boring in the middle and fun (and quite challenging) at the very end. I see a lot of people playing it through for hours and hour and hours on multiple playthroughs, but I didn't think it was deep enough.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']So Borderlands was played through, but I found myself underwhelmed with it. Didn't even feel like going through another playthrough and thought it was good in the beginning, boring in the middle and fun (and quite challenging) at the very end. I see a lot of people playing it through for hours and hour and hours on multiple playthroughs, but I didn't think it was deep enough.[/QUOTE]

Have u played all the dlc? At least another 10hours of solid gameplay and it's always better with more people ;).

I played through the whole game with another person, but IMO it didn't feel like a truly "deep" game. Of the hundreds of thousands of different weapons, it seemed like I sold 95% of them. Half the time I was strong enough to just use whatever weapons I felt like just for fun, so long as they were halfway decent. Not bad, but a little too much of the whole "mission to mission to mission" forumla.

On a somewhat related note, who is getting the Skyrim DLC? Not a fan of Microsoft always getting it a month earlier then anyone else, but nonetheless, looks like some great content in there.

You guys should make a pose of, like, 8 or 10 guys and just murder peoplez.

You know, I'm wondering why they changed Catwoman's outfit in Arkham City Armored Edition. I'm curious if the original was too overtly sexualized for Nintendo to allow it on the WiiU, but that runs counter to their claimed movement towards taking back the hardcore market.

Quite the change though, a leather catsuit to full bodyarmor.

Reading No Country for Old Men and the movie was pretty much 1:1 but there is a part in the book I dont remember from the movie where Chigurh explains why he was arrested at the beginning ..
he killed a guy and let himself get caught just to see if he could escape from the jail by force of will.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Well come on, I was 99.9% sure that if I hadn't killed them, they would have killed me. It's just the feeling I got and I couldn't risk it. I was fresh off a respawn after trying to befriend somebody and getting murdered for my efforts.

If you get the game, we can team up because I know (well, at least I'm pretty sure) that you won't kill me, so I have no motivation to kill you. We stand to benefit much more as a team.

I think they'll bring back the bandit skin. A lot of people want it back.

Now, one of you has to play with me soon. I want to go north to one of the airfields and see if we can't snag ourselves a chopper. I can't make the trip on my own, because as they say, people hunt you in the north...[/QUOTE]

I might get it today. I'll keep you posted.

[quote name='Maklershed']Reading No Country for Old Men and the movie was pretty much 1:1 but there is a part in the book I dont remember from the movie where Chigurh explains why he was arrested at the beginning ..
he killed a guy and let himself get caught just to see if he could escape from the jail by force of will.

I might get it today. I'll keep you posted.[/QUOTE]

By all means,wait for the sale. I'll be playing this game for a longggggg time.

[quote name='munch']Durrrrrrrrr[/QUOTE]

Hahahah

Playing LA Noire:

Lie -> Present Wrong Evidence.
Suspect Laughs..."You got nothing!"
Congratulations! Case Solved Correctly!

I'd like this game so much better if it just gave me a Game Over and made me do it again. Byt I'm progressing by failing.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I hate how, when I'm at work, I see something on Amazon that I want and when I get home to buy it, the price is $10+ higher. What the fuck?[/QUOTE]

Why did you wait to get home?

----

Just scored $400 in Best Buy GC with trading in a bunch of games that were gathering dust...feels good!

Hmmmmm...

Since I'm so hooked on Gears 3, I'd have to say Gears Judgement for the best...probably tied with Tomb Raider and Halo 4.

Worst....

Wii U...totally disappointed and not impressed. I'm more looking forward to what XBOX Smart Glass has in the works.

You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back