Best Buy Ad - 6/10/12 - 6/16/2012

Taco5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
New Releases coming out Tuesday, June 12, 2012:

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/j...-buy-ad-scan-prices-for-dvd-and-blu-ray-deals

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows:
  • DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $14.99
  • Blu-ray (Movie-Only Edition with UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $12.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $22.99
  • SteelBook Combo Pack (includes Blu-ray, DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $26.99 *Best Buy exclusive*
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance:
  • DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $16.99
  • Blu-ray (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $19.99
  • Blu-ray 3D (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $24.99 *Best Buy exclusive includes 20 minutes of footage going behind the scenes with "Vehicles of Vengeance"*
Superman vs. The Elite:
  • DVD (with UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $14.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $19.99 *Best Buy exclusive includes Manchester Black figurine*
Tyler Perry's Good Deeds:
  • DVD - $16.99
  • Blu-ray (includes Digital Copy) - $19.99
GCB: The Complete First Season:
  • DVD - $19.99 ($9.99 after coupon)
Coupon: $10 off GCB: The Complete First Season DVD *coupon coming soon*

Scandal: The Complete First Season:
Coupon: $10 off Scandal: The Complete First Season DVD *coupon coming soon*

Missing: The Complete First Season:
Coupon: $10 off Missing: The Complete First Season DVD *coupon coming soon*

Entourage: The Complete Eighth Season:
  • DVD - $29.99
  • Blu-ray - $34.99
Tosh.0: Hoodies:
  • DVD - $12.99
  • Blu-ray - $14.99
Episodes: The First Season:
  • DVD - $19.99
Meatballs:
  • Blu-ray - $7.99
Tyler Perry's Aunt Bam's Place:
  • DVD - $11.99
Too Big to Fail:
  • DVD - $11.99
  • Blu-ray - $16.99
Demoted:
  • DVD - $11.99
  • Blu-ray - $15.99
Grace Potter & The Nocturnals: The Lion The Beast The Beat:
  • Regular Edition CD - $9.99
  • Deluxe Edition CD + Exclusive DVD - $19.99 *Best Buy exclusive*
Available Now:

Sherlock Holmes:
  • DVD - $4.99
  • Blu-ray SteelBook - $9.99 *Best Buy exclusive*
Act of Valor:
  • DVD - $14.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $19.99
Safe House:
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $19.99
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol:
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $12.99
Chronicle:
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $12.99
$5.99 Blu-ray:
  • Robocop
  • Rambo
  • Sin City Recut & Extended Edition
  • Office Space Special Edition
  • AVP: Alien vs. Predator
  • The Terminator
$9.99 DVD / $14.99 Blu-ray Combo:
  • Moneyball
  • Warrior (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
  • Immortals (Blu-ray includes Digital Copy)
  • The Sitter (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
  • Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy) (DVD: $4.99 after coupon; Blu-ray: $9.99 after coupon)
Coupon: $5 off coupon for Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes on Coupons.com

• The Descendants (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
  • Cowboys & Aliens Extended Edition (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
  • Drive (Blu-ray includes UltraViolet Digital Copy)
DVD and Blu-ray Gift Sets Sale:
  • The Godfather 4-Disc Blu-ray Set - $29.99
  • Transformers Trilogy 3-Movie Blu-ray Set - $39.99
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy Extended Edition Blu-ray Set - $49.99
  • The Pacific DVD - $39.99
  • The Pacific Blu-ray - $49.99
  • Band of Brothers DVD - $39.99
  • Band of Brothers Blu-ray - $49.99
  • Lethal Weapon Collection Blu-ray Set - $49.99
  • Star Wars: The Complete Saga Blu-ray - $69.99 *Lowest Advertised Price*
  • Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy (Episodes I - III) Blu-ray - $39.99
  • Star Wars: The Original Trilogy (Episodes IV - VI) Blu-ray - $39.99
THANKS TO ANNIE CHU @ EXAMINER.COM

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FlamedLiquid']If Sherlock Holmes steel book is still $9.99 next week is it safe to assume the other WB steelbooks will be $9.99 next week too?[/QUOTE]

They're all $9.99 this week, I doubt they will all be $9.99 next week too.

[quote name='Scorch']They're all $9.99 this week, I doubt they will all be $9.99 next week too.[/QUOTE]

If they are good luck finding them in stock.
All the steelbooks at my BB are gone except for a lone Green Lantern and Goodfellas.

Definitely picking up Game of Shadows Steelbook.
I kind of hope the steelbook is a little bit better and they bothered with art work on the inside case.

Wait, so what's the 34.99 option?
3D?

[quote name='iduncurr']If they are good luck finding them in stock.
All the steelbooks at my BB are gone except for a lone Green Lantern and Goodfellas. [/quote]

I went on Sunday at opening, thankfully they had them all. There were only about three of each at my store, though, except for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. There were at least 7 or 8 of those.

Will buy Sherlock steelbook if I see it. Actually just bought the DVD as a FSSS filler on Amazon but cant pass up a steelbook at that price.

[quote name='Taco5']That is the steelbook version.[/QUOTE]

So is the 26.99 one...so why would you pay pay $7 more?
Unless it is 3D...which I guess I answered my own question
>_>

Whoa, I'm definitely in for the Chronicle BR+DVD+DC combo pack at $12.99.

How's the show Missing? Is it worth $9.99 (even though for some dang reason, I can't get the coupon to work :bomb:)?

[quote name='iduncurr']So is the 26.99 one...so why would you pay pay $7 more?
>_>

I think it might finally be time to pick up Star Wars. I don't see it going much lower anytime soon, maybe 59.99 around the holidays.

[quote name='skiizim']Is the Sherlock Homes steelbook going to be a G1?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iduncurr']So is the 26.99 one...so why would you pay pay $7 more?
>_>

Can't help but wonder if the BBY exclusive for "Ghost Rider" will be like "Red Tails" exclusive with having to use an access code to get the bonus material online since it is not specifying any bonus disc.

[quote name='bzchanboy']That is the $34.99 version[/QUOTE]

I'm confused, the OP says the steelbook is $26.99. Is there a $34.99 version too? Has anybody seen the new Sherlock? Opinion? I would'nt be asking but since I picked up the 1st one in steelbook form I'm interested in this one. Glad they did it G2 size.

Will be picking up Ghost Rider, pre-ordered it to get the free steelbook.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Sweet I can proce adjust MI:GP![/QUOTE]

Depends on which version you bought. I think it's the regular combo pack (not the BB exclusive one) that's on sale next week.

[quote name='sdcranford']I'm confused, the OP says the steelbook is $26.99. Is there a $34.99 version too? Has anybody seen the new Sherlock? Opinion? I would'nt be asking but since I picked up the 1st one in steelbook form I'm interested in this one. Glad they did it G2 size.

Will be picking up Ghost Rider, pre-ordered it to get the free steelbook.[/QUOTE]

Good Lord! I guess I need to intervene. The 34.99 priced Sherlock Holmes GOS is the steelbook version. More than likely when Sunday rolls around it will drop to the sale price of 26.99 online.

I will have to check my receipt, but I think it's been too long for me to price adjust Ghost Protocol.

I don't think bzchanboy actually got it, I think he just copied gnm's pictures from here and here. He said it was accidentally put out early, it was on display w/ the first movie.

[quote name='sobishop']Good Lord! I guess I need to intervene. The 34.99 priced Sherlock Holmes GOS is the steelbook version. More than likely when Sunday rolls around it will drop to the sale price of 26.99 online. [/quote]

Nope. Steelbook is already listed at $26.99. $34.99 version is something else completely.

Maybe it's an accidental double entry? Who knows.

[quote name='sdcranford']I'm confused, the OP says the steelbook is $26.99. Is there a $34.99 version too? Has anybody seen the new Sherlock? Opinion? I would'nt be asking but since I picked up the 1st one in steelbook form I'm interested in this one. Glad they did it G2 size.

Will be picking up Ghost Rider, pre-ordered it to get the free steelbook.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected. They already have those prices listed for pre-order on their site.

Sherlock Holmes GOS steelbook BB exclusive pre-order $26.99

damn that is a steep price for the final season of Entourage, esp on DVD. Usually release week they are less than $25..promised it as a gift to my sister, but damn, don't want to spend $30!! wanted a copy for myself too, but jeez..

definitely will get that Chronicle for $13. I would have already redbox-ed it if it was available, been contemplating paying to rent a streaming copy, but this is even better!

[quote name='token2k6']damn that is a steep price for the final season of Entourage, esp on DVD. Usually release week they are less than $25..promised it as a gift to my sister, but damn, don't want to spend $30!! wanted a copy for myself too, but jeez..
[/QUOTE]

Looks like Target has the Blu ray for $24.99 and the DVD for $19.99.. just do a price match.

Updated the links to the correct site for the coupons on GCB, Scandal and Missing.

Coupon isn't live yet, though should be over the weekend. The coupon for The River worked the same way.

Coupons are now live for the three shows listed in the OP.

Happy Endings coupon that's there is Canada-only, so don't bother printing it.

I think I may just cancel my pre-order for Ghost Rider and get my $5 back. Can I do that without returning the Steelbook? Don't really want the movie anymore ;)

[quote name='doubledown']I think I may just cancel my pre-order for Ghost Rider and get my $5 back. Can I do that without returning the Steelbook? Don't really want the movie anymore ;)[/QUOTE]

Buy the movie. Then return it. Use cash if possible.

[quote name='doubledown']I think I may just cancel my pre-order for Ghost Rider and get my $5 back. Can I do that without returning the Steelbook? Don't really want the movie anymore ;)[/QUOTE]If the terms and conditions are like the last ones they've done, you'd have to wait two weeks after release date (date would be on the back) and then you can cancel the pre-order to get your money back.

[quote name='doubledown']I think I may just cancel my pre-order for Ghost Rider and get my $5 back. Can I do that without returning the Steelbook? Don't really want the movie anymore ;)[/QUOTE]

I think I might be missing something? Is someone offering a ghost rider steelbook ? If so I want it and how do I get it .

I think my question got buried, so I'll ask it again: Any thoughts on the show Missing?

EDIT: Other than the fact that it's most likely cancelled and ends on a cliffhanger?

[quote name='Vigilante']I think my question got buried, so I'll ask it again: Any thoughts on the show Missing?

EDIT: Other than the fact that it's most likely cancelled and ends on a cliffhanger?[/QUOTE]

Missing is very much cancelled.

DAMN YOU BB Why does thou temp me to spend $100/week? Come on & make a the damn Movie/Music/Media club just like the gamers club so these purchases stack RZ points faster. I used to rarely/never pay cash for DVD/BlU's since the old GC had $10 for $150 spent on games & that was enough to pay for these.

It was available for pre-order for a few weeks now, good luck finding it now.

--------

Got Sherlock 2 SB pre-ordered with in-store pickup...those bastards better not dent or scratch them.

Alabama never got ghost rider steelbook. I went every week for a while and nobody in the area knows about them. Hoping they magical appear on tuesday.

boo, like I said checked 4 local best buys in the birmingham area and I know someone in the memphis area and to my knowledge the steelbook never hit at all around here. Kind of odd.

bread's done
Back