GGT 185 gives bad tips

linkpwns

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
8.jpg

Joel and Hank get the biggest tips imaginable. :cool:

That looks like a great tip to me!

I'm still pissed that I missed out on Silent Hill HD collection and Sonic Generations (and maybe LEGO Harry Potter 5-7) during that gamefly sale.

Just the tip, just to see how it feels.

Restarted my WoW subscription for a month. Too bad my computer is a laptop bought off the shelf at Best Buy for cheap a couple years ago. 11 FPS bay-bee!

But WOW is also like what, 8 years old now? Even shit laptops should have no problem running it.

[quote name='Erad30']But WOW is also like what, 8 years old now? Even shit laptops should have no problem running it.[/QUOTE]

I know, my mind is blown.

EDIT - even messing with stuff within the game, I can't get it to consistently run above 19 FPS.

there's a lot of new particle effects and people running around, so yeah, you kind of need better hardware to keep up with it.

i dropped out at WotLK, but it's probably only gotten more demanding.

[quote name='panzerfaust']there's a lot of new particle effects and people running around, so yeah, you kind of need better hardware to keep up with it.

i dropped out at WotLK, but it's probably only gotten more demanding.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I started back in 2005 and played through TBC. Stuff in Outland ran significantly slower than the main game. Same story with Lich King (played about 2 months of that back in 2009).

Overall it's basically a completely different game.

My wife played up until like a month ago. I got into really heavy years ago for about 6 months but kinda got bored when I hit endgame.

Aye that's why I left. Vanilla and BC were by far the best MMO experiences I've ever had though. In terms of PvE.

Always wanted to go back, but it's just not practical for me anymore.

I played the free trial, died out in some field, never went back.

Yeah buddy.

My laptop is a 2006 Dell Latitude D620 with Nvidia Quadro 110 GPU, guarantee it would choke on WoW. It choked on Super Meat Boy, but only during some effects like after level transitions. Otherwise, it ran decently well.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']That looks like a great tip to me!

I'm still pissed that I missed out on Silent Hill HD collection and Sonic Generations (and maybe LEGO Harry Potter 5-7) during that gamefly sale.[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel any better, I hear the SH Collection is a wreck. I've seen almost nothing but complaints about the thing.

I give up on MMOs, especially the ones that still insist on charging monthly subscription rates. I'll play the free ones or the ones that offer lifetime subs, if anything.

[quote name='whoknows']It's an arcade style score game I think, so it's meant to be played more than once.

I think I read that it's not possible to unlock everything in one playthrough.[/quote]

This.

I don't remember how long it took me exactly, but probably around 6 to 8 hours or so? If you're looking for a cinematic experience like Uncharted, then it's probably best to look elsewhere. Shouldn't be too hard considering that's what most games seem to be going for these days.

[quote name='IanKazimer']If it makes you feel any better, I hear the SH Collection is a wreck. I've seen almost nothing but complaints about the thing.[/QUOTE]

It was a train wreck HD port, unfortunately.

[quote name='gunm']I give up on MMOs, especially the ones that still insist on charging monthly subscription rates. I'll play the free ones or the ones that offer lifetime subs, if anything.[/QUOTE]

What? You are suppose to succumb to the monthly fee!

They screwed up the fog on the original Silent Hill in the HD Collection. I mean...HOW? It's the entire game. It's just another nail in that series' coffin that Konami just can't take a hint on.

Oh, and Xenoblade Chronicles is probably the best thing to come out of Japan this generation besides Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. And even then it's up there.

[quote name='KingBroly']Oh, and Xenoblade Chronicles is probably the best thing to come out of Japan this generation besides Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. And even then it's up there.[/QUOTE]

I disagree; I'd say it's BlazBlue, Mahvel, or Bayonetta. Yes, I've played the super mario games and xenoblade chronicles is an RPG.

[quote name='distgfx']I disagree; I'd say it's BlazBlue, Mahvel, or Bayonetta. Yes, I've played the super mario games and xenoblade chronicles is an RPG.[/QUOTE]
I agree.

Anything by Platinum Games is probably the best thing to come out of Japan this gen (minus Madworld).

[quote name='KingBroly']They screwed up the fog on the original Silent Hill in the HD Collection. I mean...HOW? It's the entire game. It's just another nail in that series' coffin that Konami just can't take a hint on.
[/QUOTE]

SH1 is in the HD collection?

Also double post.

[quote name='whoknows']I agree.

Anything by Platinum Games is probably the best thing to come out of Japan this gen (minus Madworld).[/QUOTE]

I'm calling it, the best thing to come out of Japan this gen will be MGR.

[quote name='whoknows']SH1 is in the HD collection?

Also double post.[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='IanKazimer']If it makes you feel any better, I hear the SH Collection is a wreck. I've seen almost nothing but complaints about the thing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. But for $15, I was willing to take a chance it'd get the promised patch by the time I got to it. Plus I was going to say fuck it and grab Sonic (and maybe L:HP) at the same time. When SH was gone, I was too lazy to order the other games.

[quote name='distgfx']I disagree; I'd say it's BlazBlue, Mahvel, or Bayonetta. Yes, I've played the super mario games and xenoblade chronicles is an RPG.[/QUOTE]

Marvel, BlazBlue, Bayonetta, etc.
Agree totally -- I couldn't even stand to play the Galaxy games past the initial levels... the new controls and the powerups and shit just don't do it for me anymore. I can't speak on Xenoblade Chronicles, since I haven't played it though... and I know, I know, you hate RPGs, so it's fine. 8)

I think Dark Souls in the best game to come out of Japan this generation. Despite being the source of constant WRPG vs. JRPG wars, it's neither. Other than Demons Souls, it's pretty much unlike anything I've ever played.

I think Bayonetta has major pacing issues. I mean, putting the worst level in the game before by far the best boss fight in the game? Horrible. And the bike level was terrible as well. Also, the aesthetic design was pretty bad.

Mahvel and BlazBlue...I played Vanilla Mahvel, and it was broken, so I didn't play Ultimate Mahvel that Capcom decided was good to cash in on. BlazBlue...I've heard good things about, but they fell into the same Capcpom trap of releasing a new version every 10-12 months or so. It hurts the uniqueness of the brand as well as branding it as special.

Xenoblade Chronicles basically shits on every JRPG this generation and says 'NO WONDER NO ONE LIKES YOU ANYMORE!' because they have shit on their face.

I liked Demon's Souls, but I hate Dark Souls. I really don't understand why, but it's probably because of the uniqueness factor being gone. It also feels more cheap for some reason. Never had that problem with Demon's Souls.

Pikmin 2 Update: 60% of Debt Recovered, 8 Days Down.

[quote name='j-cart']What? You are suppose to succumb to the monthly fee![/QUOTE]

NEVER!!!

[quote name='distgfx']I'm calling it, the best thing to come out of Japan this gen will be MGR.[/QUOTE]

Y-you...you...may be absolutely right about that!

[quote name='Halo05']I think Dark Souls in the best game to come out of Japan this generation. Despite being the source of constant WRPG vs. JRPG wars, it's neither. Other than Demons Souls, it's pretty much unlike anything I've ever played.[/QUOTE]

I liked Demon's Souls more than Dark Souls, so your opinion is wrong. :cool:

[quote name='panzerfaust']Final Fantasy XIII

sup[/QUOTE]

The game so good they made it twice.

I play RPGs all the time and Xenoblade just happens to be a great one, but BlazBlue is probably my favorite thing to come from Japan, because it got me back into fighters.

Real fighters, not that sidestepping nonsense.

[quote name='KingBroly']I think Bayonetta has major pacing issues. I mean, putting the worst level in the game before by far the best boss fight in the game? Horrible. And the bike level was terrible as well. Also, the aesthetic design was pretty bad.

Mahvel and BlazBlue...I played Vanilla Mahvel, and it was broken, so I didn't play Ultimate Mahvel that Capcom decided was good to cash in on. BlazBlue...I've heard good things about, but they fell into the same Capcpom trap of releasing a new version every 10-12 months or so. It hurts the uniqueness of the brand as well as branding it as special.[/QUOTE]

Bayonetta still plays better than most games this gen, which puts it at the top for me. Vanilla marvel 3 was broken, but UMvC3 fixed those issues and it's a solid game. Your complaints on BlazBlue apply to the entire genre since updates are a part of the genre's nature. Just because a game gets updated doesn't make it bad and certainly doesn't disqualify it from being one of the best games to come out of Japan. Oh, btw, BBCS and BBCSEX released about two years from each other. They updated BBCS to BBCS2 for free, so it's getting better.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Wait, wasn't marvel panned at release for it's online implementation on DLC shenanigans?[/QUOTE]

I have no clue what you're talking about, so probably not.

[quote name='gunm']Y-you...you...may be absolutely right about that![/QUOTE]

But of course. :cool:

[quote name='KingBroly']I think Bayonetta has major pacing issues. I mean, putting the worst level in the game before by far the best boss fight in the game? Horrible. And the bike level was terrible as well. Also, the aesthetic design was pretty bad.[/QUOTE]

For me, Bayonetta is just so good most of the time that it completely makes up for the couple of bad levels and other issues. I can put up with a little bit of bad if it means getting to enjoy what was to me the most fun action game this gen. Just my opinion of course.

Also my opinion, best game from Japan this console gen...

4ac93431_FrancisYorkMorgan2.jpg

[quote name='ihadFG']Also my opinion, best game from Japan this console gen...

4ac93431_FrancisYorkMorgan2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I... actually do not disagree with this.

[quote name='distgfx']Bayonetta still plays better than most games this gen, which puts it at the top for me. Vanilla marvel 3 was broken, but UMvC3 fixed those issues and it's a solid game. Your complaints on BlazBlue apply to the entire genre since updates are a part of the genre's nature. Just because a game gets updated doesn't make it bad and certainly doesn't disqualify it from being one of the best games to come out of Japan. Oh, btw, BBCS and BBCSEX released about two years from each other. They updated BBCS to BBCS2 for free, so it's getting better.[/QUOTE]

For Bayonetta, I hate to ask this, but what's the closest comparison this generation anyway for technical action games? Devil May Cry 4? A game that is only half a game, but has the series' best combat? Ninja Gaiden 2 was a broken, unbalanced shitfest of a game, and NGS2 was nerfed, not balanced. NG3...yeah, let's not go there. Saying Bayonetta is the best action game this generation makes it sound like there was an actual competition for it, when in reality it wins by no one else even trying. I'm not saying Bayonetta is a bad game, but it's pretty overrated.

I'm not trying to hate on BlazBlue specifically, but it's just an observation that a lot of fighting games have had this generation, and it deludes the fighting genre, just like Capcpom did back in the 90's with Street Fighter. I don't think "following Capcpom's lead" for fighting games does the genre any favors.

Man, the second time agreeing with KingBroly. I just couldn't get into Bayonetta. Everything's just too silly. I'll play through it at some point, but I don't feel any hurry to get back to it.

Another game to put in potential best from Japan this generation: Valkyria Chronicles.

As for fighting games, just not into them.

[quote name='KingBroly']For Bayonetta, I hate to ask this, but what's the closest comparison this generation anyway for technical action games? Devil May Cry 4? A game that is only half a game, but has the series' best combat? Ninja Gaiden 2 was a broken, unbalanced shitfest of a game, and NGS2 was nerfed, not balanced. NG3...yeah, let's not go there. Saying Bayonetta is the best action game this generation makes it sound like there was an actual competition for it, when in reality it wins by no one else even trying. I'm not saying Bayonetta is a bad game, but it's pretty overrated.

I'm not trying to hate on BlazBlue specifically, but it's just an observation that a lot of fighting games have had this generation, and it deludes the fighting genre, just like Capcpom did back in the 90's with Street Fighter. I don't think "following Capcpom's lead" for fighting games does the genre any favors.[/QUOTE]

DMC4 was good, it just was kind of silly to make you replay all the levels as Dante. NG2 had very competent gameplay, it just wasn't technically competent in comparison to NGB. I didn't even realize there was an NG3, it sounds like "DMC2" when I say it. Bayonetta feels more underrated than overrated to me, but their only competition does seem to be themselves at this point. That still doesn't take away from the fact I consider it to be one of the greatest games from Japan this gen. Not just best action game, but best game.

Would you prefer no updates for fighters at all? How would you propose we treat the genre?

----------------------------

Speaking of fighters, before I forget, 3sO patch details!

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...online-edition-title-update-plan-and-details/

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm not trying to hate on BlazBlue specifically, but it's just an observation that a lot of fighting games have had this generation, and it deludes the fighting genre, just like Capcpom did back in the 90's with Street Fighter. I don't think "following Capcpom's lead" for fighting games does the genre any favors.[/QUOTE]

You make it sound like they're Activision and are releasing the same game every year.

I like Activision because they're efficient at releasing the same game every year, unlike Nintendo who takes longer to release the same game.

[quote name='Indignate']You make it sound like they're Activision and are releasing the same game every year.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what my best friend said.

Reminds me of mikey's marvel 3 comment on skype, "isn't it just the same game with 8 more characters?"

I rewrote this D3 review in its entirety 3 times, in hopes I'd come across less harsh. A 5.5 is as high as I could go, though.

Freedom from that game at last.

I had to look over my collection of games, but I'm confident that my favorite game from Japan this gen is:
I think I put 100+ hours into this game, and had a total blast playing with one of my friends online.

Monster_Hunter_Tri_Box_Art.jpg

And my most hated game that I bought this gen:
I almost never trade games in, but this game was so bad I didn't want to ever see it again, I traded it in and got Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the PSP.

0.jpg

I'm drunk, so Oi'm not readying anything that's been posted.

most of a bottle of Kraen has been consumed by me. Whooo.

That's Kraken, I'm not oging back to fix it.

Whooo I gotta be up in 8 hours.

No More Heroes 1 & 2 were really different and fun, that might be the best time I've had playing anything from Japan this generation.

bread's done
Back