GGT 185 gives bad tips

I played Other M, but I
hated the controls
and found the game
boring
overall. The storytelling was awful (please, no more cutscenes in Metroid games), the over-the-shoulder walking parts were dull, and the pixel hunting was frustrating at best and nearly game-quittingly bad for me at worst.

The worst part about Other M was not being able to skip the cutscenes. I don't give two fucks about samus or whatever bullshit you came up with to give me a reason to fight. Let me play the game, fuckers.

Metroid Fusion had cutscenes and it was great.

I like it when games have a story. I would have been surprised Other M had a story since it's a Nintendo franchise, but since it wasn't made by Nintendo I'm not.

[quote name='whoknows']Metroid Fusion had cutscenes and it was great.

I like it when games have a story. I would have been surprised Other M had a story since it's a Nintendo franchise, but since it wasn't made by Nintendo I'm not.[/QUOTE]

Except that Nintendo had a lot of influence in how Other M was made.

I find it funny when people say that it ruined Samus as a character, since Samus was never much of a character in the first place. Just a blank slate for people to put their own conceptions of what she should be.

One of these days, I should get back to playing it.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Except that Nintendo had a lot of influence in how Other M was made.

I find it funny when people say that it ruined Samus as a character, since Samus was never much of a character in the first place. Just a blank slate for people to put their own conceptions of what she should be.

One of these days, I should get back to playing it.[/QUOTE]

Whether true or not that they did, it's kind of hard to believe since Nintendo doesn't put out new and different things, they put out the same games over and over.

That's pretty much how most of the Nintendo characters are. I can't think of many that have a personality except like...Slippy :p

[quote name='whoknows']Whether true or not that they did, it's kind of hard to believe since Nintendo doesn't put out new and different things, they put out the same games over and over.

That's pretty much how most of the Nintendo characters are. I can't think of many that have a personality except like...Slippy :p[/QUOTE]

Most of the evidence points to Sakamoto writing the story, and he was in charge of the whole production.

Girl-dirt-bike-ramp-lake.gif

Other M, Other M, Other M, Other M, Other M, Other M, Other M, Other M, Other M, Other M, Other M, Other M.

Team Ninja Dog, Nintendo, Other M.

I'm with Broly on this one, too much Other M discussion going on here, I haven't been on as much lately due to work, and the current topic of discussion will not convince me to come on more often... in fact maybe I should start looking into getting a NeoGAF account... ;)

[quote name='Erad30']Yup I'm pretty sure the only reason it survives is it's connection to gamestop, it's too bad they couldn't have just bought an awesome magazine like Gamefan...[/QUOTE]

In actuality, they give you the 10% discount for subscribing to the magazine, thus creating the impression people are actually buying it.

I decided to get this (ended up getting it on PS3, since it seems there is a delay on these games getting released for PC on Steam, and it is local multiplayer only so I considered that too in-case someone comes over and wants to play):
433px-LegoBatman2DCSH_Batman.jpg
389px-Legobatman2DCSH_WonderWoman.jpg

bread's done
Back