Best Buy Ad - 6/24/12 - 6/30/12

Taco5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
New Releases coming out Tuesday, June 26, 2012:

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/j...-buy-ad-scan-prices-for-dvd-and-blu-ray-deals

21 Jump Street:

DVD (with UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $16.99
Blu-ray (with UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $19.99 *Best Buy exclusive includes free Bottle Opener and Party Whistle*

Mirror Mirror:

DVD - $16.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $22.99

Wrath of the Titans:

DVD - $14.99
Blu-ray - $17.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $22.99
Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack (includes Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $27.99 *Best Buy exclusive in collectible SteelBook packaging*

The Artist:

DVD - $16.99
Blu-ray - $19.99

A Thousand Words:

DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $17.99
Blu-ray (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $22.99

Dr. Seuss’s Green Eggs and Ham and Other Stories Deluxe Edition:

Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD ) - $14.99

Christopher Nolan Director's Collection (Batman Begins / The Dark Knight / Inception / Memento / Insomnia):

Blu-ray - $29.99

DVD and Blu-ray Sale:

Fast Five:
DVD - $9.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $14.99

Despicable Me:
DVD - $9.99

Bridesmaids Unrated:
DVD - $9.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $14.99

Cowboys & Aliens:
DVD - $9.99

The Adjustment Bureau:
DVD - $7.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $9.99

Robin Hood Unrated Director's Cut:
DVD - $7.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $9.99

Death Race 2 Unrated:
DVD - $4.99
Blu-ray - $9.99

Your Highness Unrated:
DVD - $7.99
Blu-ray (includes Digital Copy) - $9.99

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels:
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $9.99

The Dilemma:
DVD - $4.99
Blu-ray - $9.99

Scarface:
Blu-ray - $9.99

The Big Lebowski Limited Edition:

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World:
DVD - $7.99
Blu-ray - $9.99

Get Him to the Greek Unrated:
DVD - $7.99

The Change-Up Unrated:
DVD - $7.99

Knocked Up Unrated:

Superman vs. The Elite:
DVD - $14.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $19.99

TV on DVD and Blu-ray Sale:

Breaking Bad: The Complete Fourth Season:
DVD - $26.99
Blu-ray - $29.99

Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Complete Eighth Season:
DVD - $26.99

Entourage: The Complete Eighth Season:
DVD - $26.99
Blu-ray - $29.99

Falling Skies: The Complete First Season:
DVD - $26.99
Blu-ray - $26.99

Louie:
Seasons 1 & 2 2-Pack (Season 1 - DVD/Blu-ray flipper disc; Season 2 - DVD disc only) - $26.99 *Best Buy exclusive*

Tosh.0: Hoodies:
DVD - $14.99
Blu-ray - $14.99

True Blood: The Complete Fourth Season:
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $44.99

The Amazing Spider-Man Bonus Movie Cash:
Free The Amazing Spider-Man bonus movie cash with purchase of one of these movies (up to $10 value; The Amazing Spider-Man in theaters 7/3/12; offer expires 8/13/12).

$9.99 Blu-ray (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy)
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3

The Dark Knight Rises Bonus Movie Cash:
Free The Dark Knight Rises bonus movie cash with purchase of one of these movies (up to $5 value; The Dark Knight Rises in theaters 7/20/12; offer expires 8/5/12).

$9.99 Best Buy exclusive Blu-ray SteelBook
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Free Spider-Man on Blu-ray Deal:

Buy The Amazing Spider-Man video game on Xbox 360 (on sale for $59.99) or PS3 (on sale for $59.99) and receive your choice of one of these Spider-Man titles on Blu-ray ($9.99 value):
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3

THANKS TO ANNIE CHU @ EXAMINER.COM

Last edited by a moderator:
Just frickin great. Just literally came back from BB and paid $12 for Spiderman 2, now gotta drive back (30 min drive for me) to get a price adjustment.

21 Jump Street will be mine. Debating on Your Highness, although that'd be an instabuy if U&S was still going on. Also debating on the Nolan set.

Glad that I held off on buying the Spider-Man blu-rays. Now I can pick up all three and the third season of Breaking Bad for $53 and get the $10 bonus.

[quote name='TheRock88']Just frickin great. Just literally came back from BB and paid $12 for Spiderman 2, now gotta drive back (30 min drive for me) to get a price adjustment.[/QUOTE]
You sure it's worth driving all the way there just to save $2? Gas alone might cost you more.

[quote name='DarkZion']You sure it's worth driving all the way there just to save $2? Gas alone might cost you more.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably pick up Spiderman to go along with S2 and S3 already in my collection. I'm just hoping there's some good video game deals to make the drive out there worth it even more.

They dropped the price on the MIB blus a few weeks back and I was suckered in at release. Glad I waited on the Spidey ones this time.

I don't think my store has any copies of the Scarface steelbook left, but I'll check.

For those asking, it's the same SKU, there's not a separate sku for the steelbook version.

Woo, picking up Spider 1-3 (Since I returned the original set I bought @ $11.99 after I found out the $10 saver coupon promo)
as well as Wrath of the Titans for the steelbook since I did pick up Clash on Steelbook during the $9.99 sale.

Over $50 so $10 Saver Coupon.

Is this release of Spiderman 3 any different than the release from few years ago? I already own Spidey 3 on Blu-ray but not the others.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I might get the Nolan Collection depending on the packaging and such. I only own TDK so it won't be that big of a double dip.[/QUOTE]

51HwySfWktL._AA300_.jpg

There's a pretty good review on amazon. Basically, it's a box with amaray cases for all 5 movies, plus a small 40 page book, 10 photo cards, and $8.00 movie cash to see The Dark Knight Rises. There aren't any new special features.

I'd get it, but I already have the Batman Steelbooks, Memento Steelbook, and Inception (amaray).

I've never seen Insomnia. Any good?

[quote name='WingsDJY']
51HwySfWktL._AA300_.jpg

There's a pretty good review on amazon. Basically, it's a box with amaray cases for all 5 movies, plus a small 40 page book, 10 photo cards, and $8.00 movie cash to see The Dark Knight Rises. There aren't any new special features.

I'd get it, but I already have the Batman Steelbooks, Memento Steelbook, and Inception (amaray).

I've never seen Insomnia. Any good?[/QUOTE]:shock: DO WANT. I didn't know about the movie cash, so that's more motivation to pick this up; I only own Inception already on Blu-ray, so this would be a pretty good purchase IMO.

Now I just need to find an additional $20.01 worth of stuff to get the $10 coupon...

Also, I liked Insomnia (a remake of a Scandinavian film FYI).

[quote name='WingsDJY']
51HwySfWktL._AA300_.jpg

I've never seen Insomnia. Any good?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if that person reviewing it actually owns it. I'm not entirely convinced these come in individual amaray cases yet, which is what I'm looking to find out. Either way, I'll probably still get it since I'll be able to use the movie cash too.

[quote name='WingsDJY']
51HwySfWktL._AA300_.jpg

I've never seen Insomnia. Any good?[/QUOTE]

Wow. Definitely gonna grab this for collector purposes.
Will also be jumping in on the Batman movies to get the movie cash.

[quote name='mpaullin']21 Jump Street worth a blind buy?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. I haven't laughed this hard at a movie in years.

Great price on the Nolan set, too bad I own 2 of them on blu already and 2 of them on standard.

Might pick up Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels for $10 though! Brilliant movie!

[quote name='TheRock88']Just frickin great. Just literally came back from BB and paid $12 for Spiderman 2, now gotta drive back (30 min drive for me) to get a price adjustment.[/QUOTE]

Same here, AND I used 2 rz certs which always seems to confuse the price adjust process.

[quote name='argyle']Same here, AND I used 2 rz certs which always seems to confuse the price adjust process.[/QUOTE]RZ certs will drop the item price, so it'll confuse it, yes.

The certs do get distributed across the items in the purchase equally, if there's more than one item. If you had a purchase for a $20 item, a $10 item and a $10 item, the total amount of the RZ certs would be broken up as 50% of the value on the $20 item and 25% of the value on the other two items.

The register is normally smart enough to figure it out on an in-store purchase, so it might not be as bad as you think it is. Then again, it's not foolproof either.

[quote name='fishphoenix']Great price on the Nolan set, too bad I own 2 of them on blu already and 2 of them on standard.

Might pick up Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels for $10 though! Brilliant movie![/QUOTE]

I love Lock Stock, but I wonder if this is the second Blu release and if it's an improvement over the first one.

[quote name='Tsel']Absolutely. I haven't laughed this hard at a movie in years.[/QUOTE]

Really? I actually though it was pretty lame.
I think the only real funny moment for me was when they were tripping on drugs.

[quote name='iduncurr']Really? I actually though it was pretty lame.
I think the only real funny moment for me was when they were tripping on drugs.[/QUOTE]

That was the best part of the movie, but nah that movie is perfect. I loved the suprise cameo at towards the end of the movie:lol:. 21 Jump Street and someother blurays are going to be mine.

Superman vs the elite was a great movie if you want to own a copy. Its Short (72 minutes), but its a great adaption of the awesome comic.

I kind of wanted to get the Amazing Spider-Man game anyway, and with the free movie with free movie cash, I might be in for it. Got nothing else new to play for a while so I might pick it up next Saturday. The free $10 for in-store pickup is just a kicker.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's this with the Dark Knight SteelBooks? Are they the same as the Japan-only ones I've seen floating around for ridiculous prices, or something new entirely? Extremely interesting for a steelbook lover like myself, and the $5 movie cash wouldn't hurt.

I don't know much about movie cash, though - can anyone give me a quick rundown on how it works?

[quote name='Deserter Goose']What's this with the Dark Knight SteelBooks? Are they the same as the Japan-only ones I've seen floating around for ridiculous prices, or something new entirely? Extremely interesting for a steelbook lover like myself, and the $5 movie cash wouldn't hurt.

I don't know much about movie cash, though - can anyone give me a quick rundown on how it works?[/QUOTE]

I was at Best Buy today and I actually like those steel cases. Def. worth picking up for 10 dollars if you don't have the movie.

As for those coupons, it's pretty much going to a site, enter the code it has, and then it'll tell you to pick which theater you want to go, you select whatever on that list, and then print the coupon code. Very easy.

It'll be different for Spider-Man, you'll have to use the blu ray disc and it'll give you a code from using the movie. The sticker doesn't give you a code to redeem.

I'll try and stay up till 2am today and see if I can place those orders then. I was going to go for that Nolan collection but I'll just get those steelcases for the first two Batman movies and get the first two Spider-Man movies too. Perhaps get something else that catches my eye.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']I was at Best Buy today and I actually like those steel cases. Def. worth picking up for 10 dollars if you don't have the movie.

As for those coupons, it's pretty much going to a site, enter the code it has, and then it'll tell you to pick which theater you want to go, you select whatever on that list, and then print the coupon code. Very easy.

It'll be different for Spider-Man, you'll have to use the blu ray disc and it'll give you a code from using the movie. The sticker doesn't give you a code to redeem.

I'll try and stay up till 2am today and see if I can place those orders then. I was going to go for that Nolan collection but I'll just get those steelcases for the first two Batman movies and get the first two Spider-Man movies too. Perhaps get something else that catches my eye.[/QUOTE]

Remember the 10 instore pickup code you get for spending $50. I want to grab both Batmans but cant decide on 30 more dollars worth of stuff. And im not sure if the theater near me (small town theater) would accept the coupons, but I could still use the movie cash.

Might grab a Spiderman 2 and Big Lebowski.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']I was at Best Buy today and I actually like those steel cases. Def. worth picking up for 10 dollars if you don't have the movie.

I'll try and stay up till 2am today and see if I can place those orders then. I was going to go for that Nolan collection but I'll just get those steelcases for the first two Batman movies and get the first two Spider-Man movies too. Perhaps get something else that catches my eye.[/QUOTE]

The code to put in the sonymoviecash.com/asm website is on the back of the sticker on the shrink wrap for the bluray case for 2 and 3. Redeemed both without needed to use the bluray.

I only saw the V for Vendetta and Dark Knight steelbooks at my store, but they were both marked $19.99. They'll still ring up $9.99, right?

I was planning on getting the Spider-Man blu-rays and Breaking Bad Season 3 for the $10 coupon deal, but the price of Breaking Bad went back up to $35. Also, I thought they had to have stock of whatever was advertised. My regular Best Buy doesn't have Spider-Man 1 in stock so I had to go with another one.

[quote name='Tsel']I only saw the V for Vendetta and Dark Knight steelbooks at my store, but they were both marked $19.99. They'll still ring up $9.99, right?[/QUOTE]

Only the Batman ones are on sale for $9.99.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Only the Batman ones are on sale for $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Actually, according to the website V for Vendetta is $9.99 as well.

Calling in CS to price match stuff is usually a pain in the ass (mostly cause of the wait time)
but apparently the CS who was handling my price match didn't calculate tax...so I got $12 bucks back on Spider-man 1-3. Yay, for extra $2?

They actually did the same my game order too...so woo no tax :lol:

Gah. My store only had Spider-man 1 and 2 and I can't order #3 for in store pick up. I guess I could pay for shipping.

EDIT: Apparently shipping is free.

bread's done
Back