The Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer eternal feud wrestling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halo05

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
The recent ECW video released by the WWE got me back into thinking about the old ECW and some of my favorite moments from the fed. To this day, the rivalry between Raven and Tommy Dreamer stands as probably my favorite, long-running feud in pro-wrestling. Their feud was so violent and bitter that I found myself wondering where the line between reality and acting lay. At any rate, here's a quick tribute to the feud and a few of the better matches that I found on youtube. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find their match from ECW's 1995 "Holiday Hell" show which is allegedly very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llwMmLlU8Wc&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL7FC387C29841C13D

Raven defends the ECW Title against Dreamer in Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oXnmbkA3vM&feature=related

Dreamer and Funk vs. Cactus Jack and Raven. (Parts 1 and 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ear2tc33eU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AThjM1Q2jwA&feature=relmfu

Raven vs. Dreamer - This one is a number one contender's match for the World Title. (Parts 1 and 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCKP_FaSYyM&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfbDYsCNbkg&feature=channel&list=UL

Enjoy

[quote name='Genocidal']Good, because I was about to make a thread that people wouldn't have enjoyed.[/QUOTE]

This makes me smile - I am always amazed by how much people will complain about a topic subject, but spend the bulk of the thread ignoring it and talking about the current tv product anyway.

Soooo...live Impact tonight with A Double's debut as champeen. Like I said on Tuesday AM, they're getting my undivided attention tonight on account of what they're doing right and WWE is doing wrong. DVR delay, for sure, but I'll watch it nevertheless.

I haven't really watched wrestling in awhile, and I think the lack of lengthy good feuds is why-nobody has one for more than 2 months now forget about a year.

[quote name='Erad30']I haven't really watched wrestling in awhile, and I think the lack of lengthy good feuds is why-nobody has one for more than 2 months now forget about a year.[/QUOTE]

Really difficult since all those feuds have come and gone and 1 if not two or three more feuds have already taken place since then. Add on the average match having no more than 5 minutes and you have a history that would give even the sharpest and attentive of minds fits. Also doesn't help that the format feels like 80-20 talking to wrestling at best.

WWE is gonna release a dvd/bluray based on the Attitude Era late this year.

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/breaking-wwe-the-attitude-era-dvd-released-later-this-year/25250/

Just last week we broke news of the nwo wwe dvd, yesterday wwe brock lesnar dvd and today we can reveal that another title planned for release this year is… WWE The Attitude Era!

The set is scheduled for release in late November or early December and will be available on DVD and Blu-ray, just in time for Christmas.
icon_wink.gif

This one has been rumoured for most of this year with Mick Foley and Booker T revealing they have been interviewed for the release.

At the moment we don’t have details on the number of discs, but we hope to have much more information; including its confirmed release date in the coming weeks.

Dont know if I'll get it if they're just gonna be blurs all over the place to cover the scratch logo.

[quote name='Scorch']This is the best thread title we've ever had. I approve, even if it is the second time around. It's better because it's not tainted with random Randy Orton in the OP.[/QUOTE]

I think IIRC Orton was injured at the time of that topic. That's as much as I remember off hand.

Yeah, he was. I think that was back during the RTV thing where he also came out and did the bit asking the crowd to send get well soon cards.

anyone else here that first week of SEPT will tell the fate of the WWE NETWORK ... at least that is what my local comcast rep told me.... what they are hearing 14.99 per month with nothing else packed in (best of luck selling it)

last i heard it was going in the sports package for 9.95 a month

but then again early rumors that ALL PPVS (besides the major 4 rumble ww summer and SS) will be free on the network

[quote name='slidecage']anyone else here that first week of SEPT will tell the fate of the WWE NETWORK ... at least that is what my local comcast rep told me.... what they are hearing 14.99 per month with nothing else packed in (best of luck selling it)

last i heard it was going in the sports package for 9.95 a month

but then again early rumors that ALL PPVS (besides the major 4 rumble ww summer and SS) will be free on the network[/QUOTE]

Good lord man, spell check that shit once in a while would you.....

[quote name='Spyder187']Good lord man, spell check that shit once in a while would you.....[/QUOTE]
Only thing I see he may have messed up on is putting WW instead of WM for Wrestlemania. Otherwise the rest is ok, minus the missing capitalization on Comcast and the capitalization of all the letters for Sept.

[quote name='mykevermin']Blur-Ray.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but the blurs will be in Hi-Def and you can count how many they missed.

Kharma was being reported to be on the WWE Alumni page but I checked and she's under Superstars.

[quote name='mitch079']Yeah but the blurs will be in Hi-Def and you can count how many they missed. [/QUOTE]

The other day, I was watching the HBK/Undertaker casket match from the 98 rumble that's on one of the Michaels DVD sets. During his entrance where the live cuts are spliced in with the DX Titantron, there's a chick in the crowd with her shirt pulled up, shaking her tits. They're blurred, so they obviously knew they were there. I'm just uncertain as to why they left them in at all. :lol:

[quote name='pitfallharry219']The other day, I was watching the HBK/Undertaker casket match from the 98 rumble that's on one of the Michaels DVD sets. During his entrance where the live cuts are spliced in with the DX Titantron, there's a chick in the crowd with her shirt pulled up, shaking her tits. They're blurred, so they obviously knew they were there. I'm just uncertain as to why they left them in at all. :lol:[/QUOTE]
There's an uncensored but grainy as fuck uploaded version of that match on YouTube and unless I missed it I didn't see any chick with her shirt pulled up.:razz:

Oh, you!

I think his whole Johnny Polo/Scotty the Body/Scotty Flamingo personas were what made "Raven" work so well. At least when he wasn't getting jobbed out to Goldberg the night after concluding a great feud against DDP.

That Bobby Roo / Austin Aries promo reminds me of old school Ric Flair losing his shit when he lost the belt to Dusty, Sting, and others. Good shit. Bobby Roo is the best modern version of Ric Flair out there.

Was it just me, or did the fat kid wearing the death wish t-shirt in the front row completely take anyone else out of some of the matches?

[quote name='Survivalism']So Kharma's been released.[/QUOTE]

Been released, not been released, allegedly someone fucked up and put her on the alumni roster a day early, still on the roster according to Meltzer as of right now.

I'll be watching TNA in some fashion, which, outside of Destination X clips, is a first since— I can't even recall the last time. I hope TNA knows how much interest has been generated about Austin Aries and their night of competence. I had friends, who belittle TNA like water falls from a waterfall, praise TNA for putting the belt on Austin Aries and belittle WWE for not signing Aries. And these are friends who are blindly aligned with WWE. Crazy.

And bring Awesome Kong back to TNA. I'd actually be interested in her return.

If Awesome Kong has been released, what does this say about Triple H?

HHH's first two big signings (or at least they were credited to him) were Kharma and Sin Cara. Sin Cara was full of botches, was injury prone, had to have someone else wrestle under the mask for him, and is a Wellness Violator. Kharma came in, got pregnant, then either creative had nothing for her or she quit. While I have no idea what Sin Cara's merch sales are like, Triple H is on the verge of being 0-2 with this "new" and "different" talent he has signed and sorta-pushed.

Plans may have changed regarding Kharma, now that the news leaked. She was due to be released tomorrow. Who knows what'll happen now.

Looks like Charlie Sheen may be out as the "Social Media Ambassador" for Raw 1000.

Just two weeks before Charlie Sheen, star of the new FX sitcom, Anger Management, joins WWE as the Celebrity Social Media Ambassador for the historic 1,000th episode of Raw SuperShow, the award-winning actor plans to give the heave-ho to social media.

TMZ.com reported Thursday night that Sheen plans to shut down his Twitter account within days, or possibly hours, due to his belief that he's not getting anything out of the social media platform.

During the three-hour milestone event July 23 at 8/7 CT on USA Network, the "winning" actor is scheduled to entertain his 7.7 million Twitter followers and the WWE Universe all night long with his unique 140-character analysis of the action.

@kodave: ...and Sheamus has been about as entertaining as watching Transformers: Dark of the Moon on Netflix. Clearly, it means the H can do whatever the hell he wants! He's also gonna to go on to main event Summerslam and win against Brock Lesnar soon. ...maybe then he'll main event WrestleMania again this year too. :)

Sheen probably had no idea his people sold out his Twitter for WWE. Hopefully WWE set up the contract for this to get paid if Sheen did anything stupid - like saying he quits Twitter.

[quote name='Survivalism']So Kharma's been released.[/QUOTE]

dumb, dumb, dumb.

didn't wwe have gail kim and kong under contract at the same time and fail to do a single thing with them?

The 180º turn in my attitude towards TNA and WWE since Sunday still astonishes me. (but i have yet to watch last night's impact, fwiw).

[quote name='mykevermin']The 180º turn in my attitude towards TNA and WWE since Sunday still astonishes me. (but i have yet to watch last night's impact, fwiw).[/QUOTE]

It's not just you, I think it's everyone around here lately. I didn't pay attention for a week or two and suddenly we're all loving TNA and hating WWE.

With Pac's signing, and Sara Del Rey's potential signing, I'm hoping the actual wrestling product improves soon in the WWE.

Regarding Kharma.. it could've been an error, you know how one slip of the finger can result in crazy things happening. Kharma's can be pretty sarcastic on Twitter, so her tweet could've just been in a joking tone or something. I'll believe it when it's on WWE.com. Surely they couldn't be stupid enough to release her.

This is honestly one of the best and funniest headlines I have seen on PWInsider in a long long time.

COMPLETE IMPACT WRESTLING REPORT: JOSEPH PARK'S UNDEFEATED STREAK COMES TO AN ABRUPT END, CRACKHEAD CLAIRE REVEALS THE TRUE FATHER OF HER CHILD, THE MYSTERIOUS GANG OF POKER ENTHUSIASTS STRIKES AGAIN

I put it in spoilers for those of you who dvr impact or have Directv and cant watch it yet.

[quote name='bhk']Punk/Cena from MITB is up in full on wwe.con

http://www.wwe.com/videos/money-in-the-bank-2011-john-cena-vs-cm-punk-7172011-25059007[/QUOTE]

Watched it again. Such a fun match. I feel obligated to post this, though. Quickly became one of my favorite moments in wrestling history, and it didn't even happen in the ring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NAvDqglbAE

From another source:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w6iviBEQDA

I didn't know Triple H said "Don't worry, Punk, I'll just call Beth and get it from her" until I watched the WWE.com version

[quote name='Scorch']It's not just you, I think it's everyone around here lately. I didn't pay attention for a week or two and suddenly we're all loving TNA and hating WWE.

With Pac's signing, and Sara Del Rey's potential signing, I'm hoping the actual wrestling product improves soon in the WWE.[/QUOTE]

We've all been doing ths song and dance for years now: We cream our pants when an indy darling gets signed to WWE, then we're suprised/shocked when thet get sidelined with a shitty name and gimmick, a watered-down moveset, and then they get Creative Has Nothing For You'd and get their walking papers in 6 months. Sure, sometimes the cream rises to the top (Punk/Bryan), but for every one of those guys we get 10 rapping Low-Ki's.

Frankly, I'm sick of the pipe dream that the WWE's in-ring product is gonna get any better. As long as Cena is getting more screen time than either of the world champs and we're subjected to 1-3 minute TV matches with DQ finishes, then I don't have a damn think to hope for.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Frankly, I'm sick of the pipe dream that the WWE's in-ring product is gonna get any better. As long as Cena is getting more screen time than either of the world champs and we're subjected to 1-3 minute TV matches with DQ finishes, then I don't have a damn thing to hope for.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing, though - lately, Cena hasn't been getting more screen time than either of the world champs. There's been several Raw episodes in the past few months that didn't show Cena on the screen until his match came up.

So I remain hopeful, as always. The AJ storyline is the first storyline in a while that has me interested.. plus, it puts the spotlight squarely on Punk, DB and AJ, and I'm okay with that.

[quote name='mykevermin']didn't wwe have gail kim and kong under contract at the same time and fail to do a single thing with them?[/QUOTE]

TNA did it first (and very well) so the egos at WWE would never go near it since that would essentially mean acknowledging someone else had a good idea.

[quote name='Scorch']It's not just you, I think it's everyone around here lately. I didn't pay attention for a week or two and suddenly we're all loving TNA and hating WWE.

With Pac's signing, and Sara Del Rey's potential signing, I'm hoping the actual wrestling product improves soon in the WWE.

Regarding Kharma.. it could've been an error, you know how one slip of the finger can result in crazy things happening. Kharma's can be pretty sarcastic on Twitter, so her tweet could've just been in a joking tone or something. I'll believe it when it's on WWE.com. Surely they couldn't be stupid enough to release her.[/QUOTE]

You're not nearly that naive, Scorch. If they'll do Fartie Neidhart, they'd certainly release Kong.

[quote name='Scorch']With Pac's signing, and Sara Del Rey's potential signing, I'm hoping the actual wrestling product improves soon in the WWE.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could be that optimistic, but I'm not falling for that anymore. There has been some good wrestling, but the product overall still leans heavily in favor of being awful, celebrity-laden, de-emphasize good wrestlers, give them shitty names only so you can trademark them...blah blah blah. Purple Flames said it a million times better than I could, and it bears repeating:

[quote name='Purple Flames']We've all been doing ths song and dance for years now: We cream our pants when an indy darling gets signed to WWE, then we're suprised/shocked when thet get sidelined with a shitty name and gimmick, a watered-down moveset, and then they get Creative Has Nothing For You'd and get their walking papers in 6 months. Sure, sometimes the cream rises to the top (Punk/Bryan), but for every one of those guys we get 10 rapping Low-Ki's.

Frankly, I'm sick of the pipe dream that the WWE's in-ring product is gonna get any better. As long as Cena is getting more screen time than either of the world champs and we're subjected to 1-3 minute TV matches with DQ finishes, then I don't have a damn think to hope for.[/QUOTE]

winner winner chicken dinner.

[quote name='neocisco']Fartie Neidhart[/QUOTE]

Fartie Neidfart, my friend. Guffaw.

Kharma's profile has been moved back to the Alumni section.. again. *sigh*

Buff Bagwell, fresh off his brush with death, was arrested on July 9th for reckless driving.

lUibY.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back