- - - - -

The Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer eternal feud wrestling thread

#31 JJSP   Not Broke, Just Bent CAGiversary!   10011 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:01 AM

For whatever it's worth, all of Dean Ambrose's tweets have been deleted.

#32 xilly   Snozberries?! CAGiversary!   1058 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:16 AM

Been released, not been released, allegedly someone fucked up and put her on the alumni roster a day early, still on the roster according to Meltzer as of right now.

Editor - Fatal Hero

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#33 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37483 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:37 AM

Plans may have changed regarding Kharma, now that the news leaked. She was due to be released tomorrow. Who knows what'll happen now.

Looks like Charlie Sheen may be out as the "Social Media Ambassador" for Raw 1000.

Just two weeks before Charlie Sheen, star of the new FX sitcom, Anger Management, joins WWE as the Celebrity Social Media Ambassador for the historic 1,000th episode of Raw SuperShow, the award-winning actor plans to give the heave-ho to social media.

TMZ.com reported Thursday night that Sheen plans to shut down his Twitter account within days, or possibly hours, due to his belief that he's not getting anything out of the social media platform.

During the three-hour milestone event July 23 at 8/7 CT on USA Network, the "winning" actor is scheduled to entertain his 7.7 million Twitter followers and the WWE Universe all night long with his unique 140-character analysis of the action.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#34 sykotek   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   352 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:47 AM

@kodave: ...and Sheamus has been about as entertaining as watching Transformers: Dark of the Moon on Netflix. Clearly, it means the H can do whatever the hell he wants! He's also gonna to go on to main event Summerslam and win against Brock Lesnar soon. ...maybe then he'll main event WrestleMania again this year too. :)

#35 JJSP   Not Broke, Just Bent CAGiversary!   10011 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:14 AM

The best part about Sheen shutting down his Twitter account is that he's not even the one writing them.

#36 kodave   Huh. CAGiversary!   4390 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:38 AM

Sheen probably had no idea his people sold out his Twitter for WWE. Hopefully WWE set up the contract for this to get paid if Sheen did anything stupid - like saying he quits Twitter.

#37 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37483 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

First (very early) CM Punk DVD preview:

Posted Image

#38 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37011 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

So Kharma's been released.

dumb, dumb, dumb.

didn't wwe have gail kim and kong under contract at the same time and fail to do a single thing with them?

The 180º turn in my attitude towards TNA and WWE since Sunday still astonishes me. (but i have yet to watch last night's impact, fwiw).
Posted Image

#39 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37483 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

The 180º turn in my attitude towards TNA and WWE since Sunday still astonishes me. (but i have yet to watch last night's impact, fwiw).

It's not just you, I think it's everyone around here lately. I didn't pay attention for a week or two and suddenly we're all loving TNA and hating WWE.

With Pac's signing, and Sara Del Rey's potential signing, I'm hoping the actual wrestling product improves soon in the WWE.

Regarding Kharma.. it could've been an error, you know how one slip of the finger can result in crazy things happening. Kharma's can be pretty sarcastic on Twitter, so her tweet could've just been in a joking tone or something. I'll believe it when it's on WWE.com. Surely they couldn't be stupid enough to release her.

Posted Image

#40 bhk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   834 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

Punk/Cena from MITB is up in full on wwe.con

http://www.wwe.com/v...172011-25059007

#41 Spyder187   Scratch & Sniff! Banned   2473 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

This is honestly one of the best and funniest headlines I have seen on PWInsider in a long long time.

Spoiler

I put it in spoilers for those of you who dvr impact or have Directv and cant watch it yet.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#42 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37483 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

Punk/Cena from MITB is up in full on wwe.con

http://www.wwe.com/v...172011-25059007

Watched it again. Such a fun match. I feel obligated to post this, though. Quickly became one of my favorite moments in wrestling history, and it didn't even happen in the ring.

From another source:

I didn't know Triple H said "Don't worry, Punk, I'll just call Beth and get it from her" until I watched the WWE.com version

Posted Image

#43 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37483 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

Here's the 2012 panel:

(Part 1 is glitched, freezes around 2:17)

Spoiler

Posted Image

#44 Purple Flames   MC Sucka DJ CAGiversary!   5767 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Purple Flames

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

It's not just you, I think it's everyone around here lately. I didn't pay attention for a week or two and suddenly we're all loving TNA and hating WWE.

With Pac's signing, and Sara Del Rey's potential signing, I'm hoping the actual wrestling product improves soon in the WWE.

We've all been doing ths song and dance for years now: We cream our pants when an indy darling gets signed to WWE, then we're suprised/shocked when thet get sidelined with a shitty name and gimmick, a watered-down moveset, and then they get Creative Has Nothing For You'd and get their walking papers in 6 months. Sure, sometimes the cream rises to the top (Punk/Bryan), but for every one of those guys we get 10 rapping Low-Ki's.

Frankly, I'm sick of the pipe dream that the WWE's in-ring product is gonna get any better. As long as Cena is getting more screen time than either of the world champs and we're subjected to 1-3 minute TV matches with DQ finishes, then I don't have a damn think to hope for.

#45 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37483 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

Frankly, I'm sick of the pipe dream that the WWE's in-ring product is gonna get any better. As long as Cena is getting more screen time than either of the world champs and we're subjected to 1-3 minute TV matches with DQ finishes, then I don't have a damn thing to hope for.

That's the thing, though - lately, Cena hasn't been getting more screen time than either of the world champs. There's been several Raw episodes in the past few months that didn't show Cena on the screen until his match came up.

So I remain hopeful, as always. The AJ storyline is the first storyline in a while that has me interested.. plus, it puts the spotlight squarely on Punk, DB and AJ, and I'm okay with that.

Posted Image

#46 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19131 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

didn't wwe have gail kim and kong under contract at the same time and fail to do a single thing with them?

TNA did it first (and very well) so the egos at WWE would never go near it since that would essentially mean acknowledging someone else had a good idea.

Regarding Kharma.. it could've been an error, you know how one slip of the finger can result in crazy things happening. Kharma's can be pretty sarcastic on Twitter, so her tweet could've just been in a joking tone or something. I'll believe it when it's on WWE.com. Surely they couldn't be stupid enough to release her.

You're not nearly that naive, Scorch. If they'll do Fartie Neidhart, they'd certainly release Kong.

Now playing (& watching):

:dvd:-Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (1979)

:pc:-Marvel Puzzle Quest
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#47 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37011 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

I wish I could be that optimistic, but I'm not falling for that anymore. There has been some good wrestling, but the product overall still leans heavily in favor of being awful, celebrity-laden, de-emphasize good wrestlers, give them shitty names only so you can trademark them...blah blah blah. Purple Flames said it a million times better than I could, and it bears repeating:

We've all been doing ths song and dance for years now: We cream our pants when an indy darling gets signed to WWE, then we're suprised/shocked when thet get sidelined with a shitty name and gimmick, a watered-down moveset, and then they get Creative Has Nothing For You'd and get their walking papers in 6 months. Sure, sometimes the cream rises to the top (Punk/Bryan), but for every one of those guys we get 10 rapping Low-Ki's.

Frankly, I'm sick of the pipe dream that the WWE's in-ring product is gonna get any better. As long as Cena is getting more screen time than either of the world champs and we're subjected to 1-3 minute TV matches with DQ finishes, then I don't have a damn think to hope for.

winner winner chicken dinner.

Fartie Neidhart

Fartie Neidfart, my friend. Guffaw.
Posted Image

#48 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37483 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

Kharma's profile has been moved back to the Alumni section.. again. *sigh*

Buff Bagwell, fresh off his brush with death, was arrested on July 9th for reckless driving.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#49 Spyder187   Scratch & Sniff! Banned   2473 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

Just look at the pain in those eyes.....
Posted Image

#50 JJSP   Not Broke, Just Bent CAGiversary!   10011 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

I'm Buff, and I'm stuffed. He looks like he ate Scotty Riggs.
This god damn machine; hungry and heartless.
My whole generation got lost in the margin.
We put our faith in you. You turned a profit.
Now we’re drowning here under your waves.

#51 axlrose4183   gold cobra CAGiversary!   1640 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

axlrose4183

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

The difference between the two companies is TNA listens to the fans, and I think a lot of that has to do with Lagana coming in. WWE is not going to change anytime soon. It doesn't matter what wrestlers they sign, they are all going to have the same robotic promos and same old basic wrestling matches. I've always thought TNA's in ring product has been waaay better than WWE. A lot of it has to do with I think they let the wrestlers have freedom to do what they want. It cracks me up when I read a PWTorch review of a WWE PPV and see matches get 4* with the same ol basic WWE match and then read one on a TNA PPV and see guys like AJ or Aries do a hell of a match and show us stuff never seen before and get 2 1/2 and 3* ratings.

#52 Purple Flames   MC Sucka DJ CAGiversary!   5767 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Purple Flames

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

There was some crap during last night's Impact, but the wrestling was on-point. The first match on the card was longer than all of the matches from the first out of the week's RAW combined, and while it had a goofy premise and setup, it had a genuinely shocking moment at the end. I certainly didn't see that coming.

#53 Spyder187   Scratch & Sniff! Banned   2473 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

We now live in the age of knowing, and saying out loud that Hulk Hogan is a better GM than.... Hornswaggle....

Gordon Solie must be rolling in his grave right about now.
Posted Image

#54 axlrose4183   gold cobra CAGiversary!   1640 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

axlrose4183

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:31 PM

Not to mention the whole preggo drug addict girl angle, which I see a nice twist coming too. I don't know if anyone else noticed but she was smoking a cig in her car when Jason Hervey was trying to do his tmz style interview with her.

#55 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7212 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

I'm Buff, and I'm stuffed. He looks like he ate Scotty Riggs.

I lol'd

#56 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37011 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

There was some crap during last night's Impact

Brooke Hogan.

Yeah, I totally agree that neither show is perfect, but the BFG series has a good premise (getting behind any number of guys getting a PPV main event match, even if only some are clearly likely candidates - and perhaps it could be simplified as well). Aries is a guy fans can get behind, and he's not all that different from his arrogant heel persona (i.e., still using the "Greatest Man That Ever Lived" moniker.

I still think Bully Ray deserves the "steppin' the Fuck up" award of the past 2 years or so, the X-Division has some solid names/talent (and they got good heat on Ion when he cut a promo on Jesse Sorenson for getting injured).

Angle/Anderson was a good match until Anderson totally no sold a 30-second ankle lock to hit his russian leg sweep, but that's borderline getting picky.

And Bobby Roode - fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Man, he was amazing last night the way he reacted to Aries' promo. Brilliant. Someone already mentioned shades of Flair, and I totally agree with that. Obsessed with the title, utterly obsessed, in denial, and having no idea what to do or how to respond. He was great in his role, and reminded me of all the times Triple H never showed anywhere near enough ass/weakness as a heel during his run at the top of WWE (and why he will never be, to me, among the greats).

I am worried that TNA will tarnish Roode or Aries depending on how they book the next two matches between them. If Roode wins next week but loses at the PPV, it kinda hurts Aries. If Aries wins both, it kinda hurts Roode. If Roode get intentionally DQ'd next week (preferring to not lose via pinfall), then they can safely go into the PPV.
Posted Image

#57 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24186 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

You guys are making me want to start watching Impact again. They come to Raleigh for a taping in September, if they keep it up I might have to go, especially since it is at the end of the month and they will be building towards BFG.

#58 Purple Flames   MC Sucka DJ CAGiversary!   5767 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Purple Flames

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:56 AM

Apparently he got a lot of hate for the RAW video this week, so he took another shot at it and added Smachdown as well:

#59 Genocidal   Summer of Punk CAGiversary!   4845 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:46 AM

I found nothing wrong with his original video.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#60 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4748 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:11 AM

Needed more footage of A.J. on her knees.

I'm surprised this wasn't an A.J. appreciation thread, something along the lines of "A Diva is the best thing on Raw. U Mad?".

I thought Impact was okay, but why didn't they show the first beatdown with Sting? All he did was talk about busting heads with Hogan on his side. Even the commentators didn't talk about it. I also thought it was funny how Hogan is all bloody in the face and complains more about his leg.