* * * * * 15 votes

OFFICIAL GOTY/Complete/Ultimate/DLC Edition Compilation Thread - Now Wikified!

#751 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:52 PM

what we really need is someone at retail (usa, europe,asia because there can be different releases of the games) that can do an early unboxing of the game. and if there is patches take pictures of the patches notes and tell what download size the patches is, then do a playthrough of the game on disc without any updates and report back on their experience.. 

also another thing we need is review of games a year or two after release, because day one reviews are starting to get useless with many games being constantly worked on after the day of release. so the game end up as a totally different experience in most cases better then day one.. because the day one release is a unfinished product.

i have stopped buying day one a long time ago, paying 60 dollars for a broken unfinished game that miss a lot of its contend, and then they start selling dlc and season pass.. no thanks, wait a year or two, you get the complete game with all dlc/season pass for like 25-30 dollars and have a blast playing a really good finished game.

POPnGAMES is an independent videogame store(they still exist even if gamestop try to kill them off) and this guy do unboxing of games before anyone else on youtube.. 

https://www.youtube....popngames/about

N-GAME ARTS is the only guy that do a proper product review of games on youtube (he have his own opinion on the games, but that is not the important here).

https://www.youtube....t9KmCw_AA/about

this is not to advertise these channels, but i mention them because of what i started this post with. and is the closest we get to a proper product review. and this is what all these game review sites fail in doing..

#752 ETERNIA FOREVER   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

ETERNIA FOREVER

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:27 PM

Damm this thread is popping for once, we need traffic like this in here at all time .!

#753 PenguinMaster   Sacrilicious CAGiversary!   3832 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

PenguinMaster

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:41 PM

what we really need is someone at retail (usa, europe,asia because there can be different releases of the games) that can do an early unboxing of the game. and if there is patches take pictures of the patches notes and tell what download size the patches is, then do a playthrough of the game on disc without any updates and report back on their experience.. 

also another thing we need is review of games a year or two after release, because day one reviews are starting to get useless with many games being constantly worked on after the day of release. so the game end up as a totally different experience in most cases better then day one.. because the day one release is a unfinished product.

i have stopped buying day one a long time ago, paying 60 dollars for a broken unfinished game that miss a lot of its contend, and then they start selling dlc and season pass.. no thanks, wait a year or two, you get the complete game with all dlc/season pass for like 25-30 dollars and have a blast playing a really good finished game.

I have played over 100 games on my PS4 and never patched a single one of them. None of them have been broken. Obviously there are occasional glitches, but that's nothing new; there have been glitches since video games were invented. Just because patches exist doesn't mean games are unplayable without them.

I'm a big fan of complete editions as well, but unfortunately most games don't have them and probably never will. If you spend your time thinking everything without a complete edition is broken you're going to miss out on the vast majority of games.

Digital distribution is the death of preservation of the arts.

#754 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:59 PM

I have played over 100 games on my PS4 and never patched a single one of them. None of them have been broken. 

If you feel like breaking that lucky streak, try Darksiders II retail without patching it. Good luck making it 1 hour in without a hard crash!

#755 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:16 PM

I see the current box art for the Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition says "Internet Required" on the PS4 version only.  Makes me think all content won't be on disc for at least the PS4 version.....

#756 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   182 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:55 AM

^I'm a little confused by this too. Description says "includes all season pass content." Not sure if it means on-disc, or it literally comes with a voucher for a season pass. If it's the latter, then it's a total dealbreaker for me.

#757 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2354 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:19 PM

I didn't buy the vanilla FFXV so I guess voucher or not it makes more sense for me to get the Royal edition. Unless I can find a super cheap used copy of the vanilla version and then download all of the DLC. Either way it's disappointing not to have it all on disc. 

joshTX.png

#758 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1699 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:08 PM

I really don't understand why they keep doing these voucher releases.  Well I understand that it is these companies are cheap/idiotic.  I just don't understand the logic behind it.

These Ultimate/GOTY/ect release, the whole reason for them are to get us holdouts to buy them.  The reason where holding out is we want the compete game on the disc.  So why do they think a voucher is a good idea?  Especially since by the time the GOTY release comes around you can usually buy the vanilla version & the dlc cheaper than the GOTY in the first place.  It also doesn't attract casual/uninformed consumer.  If little Johnny parents goes to pick up a copy of FFXV for him and they see one priced at $60 and another that's price $20, which do you think they are going to buy?

It's just boggling to me.

#759 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   911 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:16 PM

I really don't understand why they keep doing these voucher releases. Well I understand that it is these companies are cheap/idiotic. I just don't understand the logic behind it.

These Ultimate/GOTY/ect release, the whole reason for them are to get us holdouts to buy them. The reason where holding out is we want the compete game on the disc. So why do they think a voucher is a good idea? Especially since by the time the GOTY release comes around you can usually buy the vanilla version & the dlc cheaper than the GOTY in the first place. It also doesn't attract casual/uninformed consumer. If little Johnny parents goes to pick up a copy of FFXV for him and they see one priced at $60 and another that's price $20, which do you think they are going to buy?

It's just boggling to me.

Cheaper to just print hundreds dozen piece of paper and repackage them with unsold vanilla discs, whose value will continue to tank.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#760 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1699 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:13 PM

Cheaper to just print hundreds dozen piece of paper and repackage them with unsold vanilla discs, whose value will continue to tank.

But that's the thing most of these releases have different disc art than the originals, so they are already pressing a new disc for the re-release unless they have a pile of already pressed discs with no art work on them sitting in a warehouse somewhere.  The only thing I can think of a cost saving measure for them is they would save the cost of getting the new disc recertified by the platform holder as they are code wise they are the same disc as before.  But even then the cost of that to the big companies that do these releases is a drop in the hat to them.

#761 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:09 PM

sf5 arcade edition, here is a proper review of the game as a product... there is a 13gb update as of now to download, and the game include patch up to 2.0 on disc. the voucher that come with the game is only a unlock, the content is already on the disc. the general story mode might not be included on the disc and you might need the update or to connect online to play it. to save the statistics etc you need to connect online to be able to save it... watch the video for more...

all this important product info we as customers dont get from any of the news review sites out there on the internet.. i wonder why?.. must be because they got their heads stuck up these companies ass, and are afraid to lose their privileges to get free games. 

#762 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:22 PM

13GB update. Trash. Skipping this one!

#763 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   182 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:16 PM

What are the odds that Capcom sees the error of their ways and gives this game a proper release with all the content on-disc? Slim to none?

#764 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:29 PM

What are the odds that Capcom sees the error of their ways and gives this game a proper release with all the content on-disc? Slim to none?

Considering they mentioned when SFV first was released that they planned on supporting the game to make the roster the largest one of the main series, probably not until 2020 or later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#765 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:11 PM

i just read that PS4 Life is Strange Before the Storm Limited Edition will not include this on the disc..

Bonus episode

Mixtape Mode

Outfit Pack

its all gonna be voucher code, so f**king nice of them!

#766 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:26 PM

Wolfenstein: The Two-Pack that was announced for a august release last year for usa, is now finally coming to europe..

https://www.dualshoc...rder-old-blood/

so i wonder why, because its a bit late to try promote wolfenstein2 now after its release.. are they gonna put the 5gb update patch for the first game on the disc??(old blood had everything on disc).. or is it just a repacking of unsold disc.. or is it just a shameless re-release of the first game and the second comes as a dlc...  this will be interesting.

usa version...

#767 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:30 AM

Prototype Biozard Bundle unboxing.. anyone know if there is a patch to download for this one?..

#768 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:23 PM

I just got Prototype PS4 the other day (while preordering Secret of Mana PS4 physical). It's going for 20$ CAD on ebgames.ca, yet somehow on ebay.ca it's all above 30$ CAD used!

I can confirm that Prototype has everything on-disc, no patches to download or sneaky DLC codes to punch in.

#769 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:48 PM

I just got Prototype PS4 the other day (while preordering Secret of Mana PS4 physical). It's going for 20$ CAD on ebgames.ca, yet somehow on ebay.ca it's all above 30$ CAD used!

I can confirm that Prototype has everything on-disc, no patches to download or sneaky DLC codes to punch in.

good to hear :)

#770 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   911 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:32 PM

Burnout Paradise Remastered announced

Takeaway:
. There will be physical and digital release
. $40
. 8 dlc packs

#771 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3248 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:04 PM

I hope it still includes the bootleg movie cars: Nighthawk, Jansen 88 Special, Manhattan Spirit, etc

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#772 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:07 PM

That is cheap!

In the States, it's down to :ps4: $21.97 / :xb1: $17.97 at Gamestop.

#773 Thrakker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   596 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:19 AM

I hope it still includes the bootleg movie cars: Nighthawk, Jansen 88 Special, Manhattan Spirit, etc

Pretty sure I saw the Jansen in the trailer

#774 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2354 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:37 PM

Grand theft Auto 5 has been out for what...2 or 3 years now? Anyone heard any rumors or talk about a complete edition of any kind? When the game first came out I decided to wait because I remember part 4 getting a complete edition. But it's been so long now I have a feeling it's past the point of them bothering with it. To be honest, I kinda tuned the game out due to my backlog and I don't even know the scope of how much DLC content was even released for part 5. I'm just assuming there was considering 4 had a couple additional campaigns. 

joshTX.png

#775 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:32 PM

Grand theft Auto 5 has been out for what...2 or 3 years now? Anyone heard any rumors or talk about a complete edition of any kind? When the game first came out I decided to wait because I remember part 4 getting a complete edition. But it's been so long now I have a feeling it's past the point of them bothering with it. To be honest, I kinda tuned the game out due to my backlog and I don't even know the scope of how much DLC content was even released for part 5. I'm just assuming there was considering 4 had a couple additional campaigns. 

I don't think they even released story dlc for GTA V.  I haven't played it yet, but I think the update news I've seen has only been stuff for their online portion.  

MidoriMonkey.png

#776 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   918 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:18 PM

Yeah, all Rockstar has released post-launch for GTA V has been for GTA Online, and of course they also ported the entire game to PC, PS4, and XBO.  Disappointing, as I really liked all of GTA IV's story DLC.

Posted Image

#777 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:31 AM

There are rumors of a GTAV Premium Edition in Germany. But yeah I fail to see the point other than being maybe fully-patched.

http://www.godisagee...-march-release/

#778 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1699 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:40 AM

Just saying in relation to GTA V dlc, while yeah all of it is actually for GTA online.  You do have access to most of the vehicles that come in them with in the single player campaign via your garage.  If I remember correctly you also have access to some of the weapons that come with them as well.  That's pretty much the only stuff that single player gets from any dlc.

Though I should say it was this way as the last time I played it, it's been a while so it could have changed with the later content releases.

#779 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   911 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:43 AM

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition (XB1digital) is up for preorder on Amazon, due March 27th.

Edit: Unconfirmed: Region 3 might be getting physical release with steel case.

#780 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:47 PM

i23TOd5.jpg

read more here....

http://www.playstati...cludes-all-dlc/