CAG Fantasy Football league?

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
I saw talk about the CAG Fantasy Baseball league earlier and was thinking it'd be great to do a CAG fantasy football league this year as well. Sure its been done before but wasnt really aware of the OT forum last year. SO I thought I'd make this thread to see who's interested. Hope to get a good turnout!

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']ESPN, yahoo or NFL.com? If its ESPN and ppr, count me in.[/QUOTE]

I've done ESPN and Yahoo before and enjoy both, I'd be interested in PPR if enough folks want to.

[quote name='thefallenangel']Love ppr and no preference on the site we use. Thoughts on a keeper league?[/QUOTE]

I'm open to it. Only done 1 Keeper league before (gonna be year 3 of that this season) and its okay with me, again I'll roll with whatever people want to have set up. Personally I commished a 10 team Yahoo H2H league of friends with no issue but if someone else would rather be commish (especially if we do ESPN) I'm all for it. Just wanted to get the discussion going a little bit now that training camps are underway!

Considering the high volume of "random people" leagues that tend to fall apart, a standard non-keeper league would be most desirable (in my opinion, of course).

Guess I would be in tho I dont understand the lingo (ppr and keeper league?). First time playin was last year. Did awful, but still had fun.

[quote name='4thHorseman']Guess I would be in tho I dont understand the lingo (ppr and keeper league?). First time playin was last year. Did awful, but still had fun.[/QUOTE]

PPR= Points Per Reception.

Keeper leagues are for multiple years and let you keep 1 (some may do more, the one I am in only let you keep one) player from the previous year on your squad. Typically can't be your first-round pick but otherwise you can pick one to keep.

My thoughts are that for leagues started through forums like this, keeper leagues aren't a good idea cause the member base changes over a year and people fade out. Easier to just do a league each year.

I would love to join a fantasy baseball with fellow CAGers. I prefer Yahoo, but that's just my opinion.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'm interested if there's still space.

For anybody that ran the CAG leagues I was in last year, START THEM BACK UP![/QUOTE]

That would be me... I'll start it up tonight.

I'd also like to join if there is still space. Last time I played with people from here I got my ass kicked, I want redemption lol

Sorry guys, been a little busy this week. Since it seems more people want Yahoo than ESPN I will set up a Yahoo league tonight when I get home from work.

[quote name='$hady']You need to either invite people or post the password / league invite url. Look under league settings...

EDIT: i'll play![/QUOTE]

I'm not the commissioner of this league. There is 10 teams already, I don't know if its set up to do more. Hopefully the commissioner of the this league can get back to you.

Join the new league that has just been set up too.

I joined as my gamertag AFRO insomniac for now but I'll probably update it with a team name. This should be fun. :)

I think the league is filled now?

[quote name='SEH']There are still 10 open spots guys. Fill 'er up.[/QUOTE]

I would jump in, but since i joined the previous one, i dont wanna steal a spot from anyone

[quote name='4thHorseman']I would jump in, but since i joined the previous one, i dont wanna steal a spot from anyone[/QUOTE]

At this point, it really doesn't matter. Still just myself and Pitfallharry who've joined. I went ahead and bumped it down to a 10-man league. Even if you're already in the other one, feel free to join. If we do hit 10 and others want in, I can just bump it back to 12.

[quote name='SEH']I set up an NFL.com league for those of us who missed out on that first one posted. Figured we could do things a little differently and do an auction draft.

http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=1045888

League ID: 1045888
League Password: cheap

Current draft is set for the 25th at 5PM Eastern, but that can easily be changed if need be.[/QUOTE]

I joined as Shucky Ducky. I've never done an auction style before, should be fun.

[quote name='SEH']At this point, it really doesn't matter. Still just myself and Pitfallharry who've joined. I went ahead and bumped it down to a 10-man league. Even if you're already in the other one, feel free to join. If we do hit 10 and others want in, I can just bump it back to 12.[/QUOTE]

Went ahead and joined then. My first auction draft as well. Hope I'll be on when the draft occurs.

bread's done
Back