* * * * * 1 votes

The unOFFICIAL Art Book Pre-Order Thread

#1351 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7215 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 29 August 2019 - 02:56 PM

The Game Console is down to $9.47 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.c...&s=books&sr=1-1

This is an amazing, high quality book.  I highly recommend it!

+1

#1352 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   297 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:55 PM

I just ask because I mostly buy Dark Horse art books, and they always come shrinkwrapped. 

#1353 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4958 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:13 PM

I just ask because I mostly buy Dark Horse art books, and they always come shrinkwrapped. 

I think it's pretty common these days, but it's still not quite ubiquitous. Udon now shrinkwraps theirs--they didn't used to. Dark Horse does. Titan Books does on 'most', but there are definitely some where they haven't. The Squeenix exclusives are shrinkwrapped. Those companies make up a large portion of the Video Game art book industry in the west. The last one that I can remember not being shrinkwrapped was the Tekken art book that just came out. That was from Dynamite Entertainment, and I'm not very familiar with them. 

#1354 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2019 - 09:50 PM

+1

Thanks for the heads-up, everyone!  I couldn't pass this book up for less than $9 (after No-Rush Shipping credit).

#1355 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12649 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:20 PM

I'm surprised chrislaustin hasn't posted this yet, but the Kicksarter for the NES/Famicom Anthology from Geeksline is now live.  Still a few early bird discounted copies left.

https://www.kickstar...m=nes anthology

#1356 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7215 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:13 PM

I'm surprised chrislaustin hasn't posted this yet, but the Kicksarter for the NES/Famicom Anthology from Geeksline is now live.  Still a few early bird discounted copies left.

Thanks for posting, as it was on my to do list, but I'm under the weather today, and currently I'm just getting by so to speak. I was actually a little bummed to see this this morning, as my SNES Anthology has yet to arrive, and they are already selling the next book. There was no advance warning, at least none I saw, so of course I missed out on the most discounted offering(like always).  Since most of the best books are offered in EU currently, this happens all the time, as these books go up at odd hours, and without a proper heads up, I'm screwed each time.

Not a big deal, but it would have been nice as a more than regular customer to have been told something, but like LRG, just because you have a product the public wants, doesn't mean you know how to run a business in an efficient manner.

#1357 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3636 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:47 PM

Thanks for posting, as it was on my to do list, but I'm under the weather today, and currently I'm just getting by so to speak. I was actually a little bummed to see this this morning, as my SNES Anthology has yet to arrive, and they are already selling the next book. There was no advance warning, at least none I saw, so of course I missed out on the most discounted offering(like always).  Since most of the best books are offered in EU currently, this happens all the time, as these books go up at odd hours, and without a proper heads up, I'm screwed each time.

Not a big deal, but it would have been nice as a more than regular customer to have been told something, but like LRG, just because you have a product the public wants, doesn't mean you know how to run a business in an efficient manner.

My SNES one arrived late last week in Illinois. I'm sure you'll get yours soon!

#1358 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7215 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:55 PM

My SNES one arrived late last week in Illinois. I'm sure you'll get yours soon!

Was it packaged well?

EDIT: Yeah, my order is due tomorrow I believe, unless FedEx has changed the delivery date again(which they have done a few times already).

#1359 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3636 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:50 PM

For the most part. It was bubble wrapped and boxed. My slipcase has a slight dent along one of the edges, but it's not severe enough to open up a claim IMO.

#1360 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12649 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:53 AM

For the most part. It was bubble wrapped and boxed. My slipcase has a slight dent along one of the edges, but it's not severe enough to open up a claim IMO.

Mine also arrived a couple days ago, packed in the same way yours was.  Though I did luck out in that there were no visible blemishes at all on my copy.

#1361 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7215 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:46 AM

Mine also arrived a couple days ago, packed in the same way yours was.  Though I did luck out in that there were no visible blemishes at all on my copy.

When I got my Sony books last time, they arrived damaged, as they had been packaged like shit to say the least. The replacements arrived fine, so it was all good, but I just hate having to deal with returns for reasons that should never happen, especially for books of this value. My order is due to arrive today, so fingers crossed.

I guess they used Amazon for shipping in EU this go around, and there seems to be a rather large amount of damages arriving across the pond(I saw tons of issues in the comments on KS). So this is why I asked, but Think-Geek did assure me Amazon US was not handling delivery on this side, so that was a HUGE relief to say the least. LOL

#1362 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3636 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:11 PM

When I got my Sony books last time, they arrived damaged, as they had been packaged like shit to say the least. The replacements arrived fine, so it was all good, but I just hate having to deal with returns for reasons that should never happen, especially for books of this value. My order is due to arrive today, so fingers crossed.

I guess they used Amazon for shipping in EU this go around, and there seems to be a rather large amount of damages arriving across the pond(I saw tons of issues in the comments on KS). So this is why I asked, but Think-Geek did assure me Amazon US was not handling delivery on this side, so that was a HUGE relief to say the least. LOL

Out of curiosity, how difficult was it to exchange your damaged Sony book? Did you have to pay return shipping?

#1363 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7215 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:36 PM

Out of curiosity, how difficult was it to exchange your damaged Sony book? Did you have to pay return shipping?

Not difficult at all, as they didn't want the damages back, so I kept them, and before anyone ask, they have long since been sold. LOL The only thing I had to do was provide pics of the damages, and that was that, pretty painless really. The wait for the replacement was the only real issue, as that took a few weeks.

#1364 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3636 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:47 PM

New book coming from Future Press. I assume this will be similar to their book for The Last Guardian

The World of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint Hardcover – October 31, 2019 - $39.99 

https://www.amazon.c...,aps,155&sr=8-1

51plKMXtZfL._SY459_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

#1365 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7215 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 14 September 2019 - 11:05 AM

New book coming from Future Press. I assume this will be similar to their book for The Last Guardian

The World of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint Hardcover – October 31, 2019 - $39.99 

https://www.amazon.c...,aps,155&sr=8-1

Thank God I have Zero interest in this series, so one less book I need to buy. LOL

As for my SNES Anthology, it arrived in perfect condition, and I would say this was there best packaging yet. I'm headed over to the campaign page to give credit where it's due, and to make sure whomever fulfilled these orders stays on the payroll and handles all books in the US going forward.

#1366 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7215 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:38 AM

The N64 Anthology has been added as an option for this campaign, as it is now being reprinted. https://www.kickstar...ogy/description

#1367 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2576 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:34 PM

The N64 Anthology has been added as an option for this campaign, as it is now being reprinted. https://www.kickstar...ogy/description

I found out about this series of books late so I never got the N64 one so this is good news. I did the bundle for the NES & N64 books together. 

#1368 Jakegreensego  

Jakegreensego

Posted 20 September 2019 - 01:45 AM

Bitmap books coming to mondotees.come37c2ac480a072d41a17eef4b2fe1118.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#1369 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3154 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:22 AM

I'm not familiar with these books. I was looking at the Kickstarter, and I saw there was an option for the SNES and NES books and the NES and N64 books, but I couldn't find a bundle for all three, unfortunately, unless I'm missing something. They've piqued my interest, but don't know anything about the quality of the writing.

#1370 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7215 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:33 AM

I'm not familiar with these books. I was looking at the Kickstarter, and I saw there was an option for the SNES and NES books and the NES and N64 books, but I couldn't find a bundle for all three, unfortunately, unless I'm missing something. They've piqued my interest, but don't know anything about the quality of the writing.

Yeah, their most recent book was the SNES, which is currently shipping to customers. The NES book is the one running currently, and the N64 book has been out of stock/print for a minute. So due to demand, they piggy backed the N64 reprint in to KS, as a way for those who missed out originally to get it. 

I would guess most people have all of their books(those interested anyways), as they are all currently on their website except for the N64 one. While they probably should have offered the option for all 3, it's probably very few who would need to take advantage of it. Here's their site, as you can buy the other book there if you want, and then get the other books through the campaign. https://www.geeksline-publishing.com

Their books are amazing, as Amazon actually sells a few as well, so if your interested in quality(or maybe cheaper prices), check the reviews there. But yes, these are AMAZING! LOL

#1371 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3154 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:29 PM

Yeah, their most recent book was the SNES, which is currently shipping to customers. The NES book is the one running currently, and the N64 book has been out of stock/print for a minute. So due to demand, they piggy backed the N64 reprint in to KS, as a way for those who missed out originally to get it. 

I would guess most people have all of their books(those interested anyways), as they are all currently on their website except for the N64 one. While they probably should have offered the option for all 3, it's probably very few who would need to take advantage of it. Here's their site, as you can buy the other book there if you want, and then get the other books through the campaign. https://www.geeksline-publishing.com

Their books are amazing, as Amazon actually sells a few as well, so if your interested in quality(or maybe cheaper prices), check the reviews there. But yes, these are AMAZING! LOL

Awesome, thanks for the info and link. It's good to know the others are available on the site so I have a way to get them all.

#1372 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4302 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2019 - 02:10 PM

TFAW's Deal of the Day is the Final Fantasy Ultimania Archive Vol. 1 for $12.00. Shipping isn't cheap, but they pack their books really well.