Google Play $0.25 Sale (Wikified) - 5 Days

asheskitty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Google Play is having a $0.25 sale for 5 days to celebrate 25 billion app downloads. [Full List Page]

Everything is $0.25 unless otherwise noted.

Sunday's Games:
Sunday's Apps:

Expired sale apps:

Want to buy an app but it isn't support by your current device or you don't have one yet? Click here

25 Albums that Changed the World -- $3.99-$5.99
25 Modern Classics (Books) -- $0.99
25 Movies -- $2.99-$9.99
25 Magazines -- $1.99/issue

Other Notables:

Special thanks to Computersnacks and wiki contributors

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! Thanks for the thread. I grabbed angry birds space and asphalt. Also thinking of grabbing the office app even though I have no use for it...yet. Here's to hoping they make a banner later today with all the sale apps listed.

^_^ We're all looking forward to some official information about the sale. That said since developers/publishers have control over their pricing on the Play Store, some developers jump in with "me too" sale pricing if they did not make it into the official sale.

[quote name='golfer']Yay! Thanks for the thread. I grabbed angry birds space and asphalt. Also thinking of grabbing the office app even though I have no use for it...yet. Here's to hoping they make a banner later today with all the sale apps listed.[/QUOTE]

I added the banner page to the OP

I wish they had an add to cart or even just a buy all feature. It's kind of annoying to have to do a bunch of little 25 cent charges over and over again and I'm sure they must get charged a processing fee on each one.

Thanks Computersnacks!

I was looking into the difference between Angry Birds Space - HD versus Premium. The premium version is allegedly for phones, but the HD version doesn't look appreciably different. The free version looked perfectly fine on my Nexus 7.
References: xda & androidpolice

[quote name='Greyghost']I wish they had an add to cart or even just a buy all feature. It's kind of annoying to have to do a bunch of little 25 cent charges over and over again and I'm sure they must get charged a processing fee on each one.[/QUOTE]

Funny you mention that, last year with the .10 cent sale, I bought almost every title and my bank actually called me thinking they were fraudulent charges. I didn't know where to begin, but they put a note on my account. Here's to hoping they don't call again!

I know what you mean. I'm quite surprised that my credit union didn't fraud-flag all the $0.10 transactions. I would note that Amazon (with it's much more developed web-store) also requires cart-less every-item-is-a-transaction purchasing for digital downloads (including apps, games, & music).

Go buy Tasks now. It's a fairly simple tasks app that syncs with your Google Tasks. If everything had as nice an interface I'd be a happy man :)

(There's even a free w/ads version if you are opposed to paying for stuff)

I wish Amazon would PM this. I'm thinking about getting a Kindle Fire for my kids, and the Cat in the Ht would be great. I know I could ROOT it, but not sure I want to screw around with my kids tablet (if I get it).

Awesome, I'm so happy Symphony of Eternity is .25. I hope we see some of the other RPGs hit the .25 pricepoint. Eve of the Genesis was really fun for what it was.

[quote name='doubledown']I wish Amazon would PM this. I'm thinking about getting a Kindle Fire for my kids, and the Cat in the Ht would be great. I know I could ROOT it, but not sure I want to screw around with my kids tablet (if I get it).[/QUOTE]

I believe you can still sideload apps onto the new Fire without rooting. If you have another android device you could probably just copy the apk over. You won't get automatic updates, but how often do they update the Cat in the Hat app?

Don't hold me to this as it's based on what I've read and I have not done so myself.

Tasks for a quarter is a no brainer, as is Cat in the Hat. I wasn't sure my kid would be into "books" on the tablet but she loves em.

[quote name='doubledown']I wish Amazon would PM this. I'm thinking about getting a Kindle Fire for my kids, and the Cat in the Ht would be great. I know I could ROOT it, but not sure I want to screw around with my kids tablet (if I get it).[/QUOTE]

They have pm'ed some of the Google sales before but it does take them time to do that. Assuming this sale lasts for a few days keep an eye out on Amazon because they may end up price matching at some point.

Downloaded the trial for OfficeSuite 6 and bought it two minutes later. It might be the only office app that I hadn't tried in the past and it completely blows the others away for spreadsheet viewing on a phone. It's been a few months so I suppose the others could have caught up, but at 25 cents they're not going to beat it on price.

I have the four (or five?) major office suites for android (all from Amazon FAAD). OfficeSuite is an easy recommend at $0.25. IIRC they all have different strengths. My usual go-to is QuickOffice HD. Imo, it doesn't hurt to have multiple different ones to handle problem files.

[quote name='asheskitty']I have the four (or five?) major office suites for android (all from Amazon FAAD). OfficeSuite is an easy recommend at $0.25. IIRC they all have different strengths. My usual go-to is QuickOffice HD. Imo, it doesn't hurt to have multiple different ones to handle problem files.[/QUOTE]

QuickOffice was what I was using and probably has the nicest presentation, but I like the way that OfficeSuite handles files, especially spreadsheets, on my phone better.

I've actually got the Amazon AppStore frozen on my phone right now and only enable it when I want to spend a little while playing a game that I got from it. I don't like that I need to keep it installed (and let it run) at all times to use those apps.

[quote name='TheHelix']I'm terrible I thought I saw Let's Create Poverty[/QUOTE]
That would be an awesome and applicable at 25 cents!

[quote name='stuffedmonkey']Go buy Tasks now. It's a fairly simple tasks app that syncs with your Google Tasks. If everything had as nice an interface I'd be a happy man :)

(There's even a free w/ads version if you are opposed to paying for stuff)[/QUOTE]
But how does it compare to just using Evernote

This google play stuff is for Android devices?
This is different than the Chrome Web Store for PC, right?

[quote name='AoA']This google play stuff is for Android devices?
This is different than the Chrome Web Store for PC, right?[/QUOTE]

Correct

[quote name='gothamcentral79']I don't want to be a part of any world that was changed by The Black Eyed Peas.[/QUOTE]

This.

Bought most of the utilities and the one RPG. Sucks that I bought that granny game on Monday and Asphalt 7 a while ago

Thanks, OP! Most of the movies, books, and apps I can easily pass on, but OceanHD and OfficeSuite for $0.50? One or two of the books are probably worth snagging at that pricepoint too. I can't remember whether I've read Being and Nothingness before and I've been wanting to see the Cary Grant film version of Gentleman's Agreement, but it wouldn't hurt to read the book first. . . .

EDIT: Oh, crap, according to this post, they're changing the deals every day for the next five days. My wallet's in trouble! You know, the irony is that I just got a Nexus 7 a week ago for my birthday, I've just about finished setting it up, and I've blown through all but about a dollar of my $25 credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darrenaero']Can you buy these before owning the android phone like you can dl stuff on the app store without iPhone or iPad?[/QUOTE]

Yes and no; as far as I know you'll need to at least log into your gmail account on an android device. As for downloading apps without the phone, I don't think so.

So... I had an Android tablet but I sold it (it sucked) but I want to get a Nexus 7. Can I buy the games and apps from this sale with my Google account and download them later?

Problem is, when I access my account, my old tablet is still registered. Are they going to work only with that device?

Thanks.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']So... I had a am Android tablet but I sold it (it sucked) but I want to get a Nexus 7. Can I buy the games and apps from this sale with my Google account and download them later?

Problem is, when I access my account, my old tablet is still registered. Are they going to work only with that device?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You will be able to use them on any Android device you have, and on AS MANY devices as you have. They are just tied to your account.

For games, I picked up Angry Birds Space, Asphalt 7: Heat, Granny Smith, and NFL Kicker 13.

Also, just in case anyone cares, Let's Create! Pottery and Symphony of Eternity were previously offered for free on the Amazon Appstore. Considered updating the OP, but not really sure if anyone really cares about accidentally buying doubles at $0.25.

Still undecided on OfficeSuite Pro, but that's not me knocking it, I'm just not sure I'd ever really use it.

[quote name='Althax']Hopefully some of the Kaorosoft games go on sale![/QUOTE]
I'm also hoping for a sale on Kairosoft titles...hopefully not repeats though.

-----

From the current selection, I grabbed:
  • Angry Birds Space
    [*]Asphalt 7: Heat
    [*]Granny Smith
    [*]NFL Kicker 13
Both Let's Create! Pottery and Symphony of Eternity were previously offered for free on the Amazon Appstore.

Also, since the following are on the sale banner, it's very likely they'll be on sale for $0.25 in the upcoming days:

[quote name='Lint21']You will be able to use them on any Android device you have, and on AS MANY devices as you have. They are just tied to your account.[/QUOTE]

Cool beans... thanks!

[quote name='sykotek']I'm also hoping for a sale on Kairosoft titles...hopefully not repeats though.

-----

From the current selection, I grabbed:
  • Angry Birds Space
    [*]Asphalt 7: Heat
    [*]Granny Smith
    [*]NFL Kicker 13
Both Let's Create! Pottery and Symphony of Eternity were previously offered for free on the Amazon Appstore.

Also, since the following are on the sale banner, it's very likely they'll be on sale for $0.25 in the upcoming days:
[/QUOTE]

Is the granny game good?

I have one of the junkier Android phones right now, but I plan on upgrading next year (also may get a tablet).
I want to buy some of these apps for later devices, but they are incompatible with my phone and the store won't let me purchase them. Anyone know a way around this?

/bummed

[quote name='gothamcentral79']I don't want to be a part of any world that was changed by The Black Eyed Peas.[/QUOTE]

Apparently Lil' Wayne and Kayne West changed the world too.

Also, we're in the biggest worldwide economic crisis since the depression with no change in sight.

Now I understand everything :lol:

No seriously, grabbin' Asphalt, sweet.

The main google play page ad for the 25c sale shows icons for Where's My Perry, Paper Camera, and Flick Golf, from what I can see, so something to look forward to in the sale.

Grabbed Angry Birds. That's about all I could see (that I didn't already own) for day one. Looking forward to seeing what else they might have in the coming days.

Thanks for the head's up OP.

[quote name='jedimario']Is the granny game good?[/QUOTE]

I paid $1 for it a few weeks ago, its totally worth it @ $.25.

Anyone have an idea as to when the list will be updated? My wife's Nexus is en-route as we speak and a few of those apps would be worth getting, especially @ those prices.

[quote name='Computersnacks']Looks like they went up between 1-2PM EDT. I'd expect the change to occur around that time everyday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was wondering that.

I always load up on these sales. Picked up NFL Kicker, Granny Smith, Oceans HD, Cat in the Hat, Runtastic, Asphalt 7 and Sodoku so far. I've played Granny Smith the most so far since NFL Kicker keeps force closing in me.

bread's done
Back