* * * * * 3 votes

The General eBay Rant Thread

#3721 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2018 - 03:07 PM

Buyer requested return on a PS3 game thinking it would work on his PS4 lol

#3722 NoLifeDGenerate  

NoLifeDGenerate

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:14 PM

Wow. Ebay sellers are such scum. They're already listing Hitman 2 CE for double the price, and it's still IN STOCK at Gamestop for MSRP! They oughtta be fucking banned for that stupid shit.

#3723 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6512 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:10 PM

Wow. Ebay sellers are such scum. They're already listing Hitman 2 CE for double the price, and it's still IN STOCK at Gamestop for MSRP! They oughtta be fucking banned for that stupid shit.

Please tell me why in the hell ebay will ban this when they are built on reselling. The higher the price, the more profit they will get.

#3724 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6701 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:24 PM

So wait, people are selling stuff for more then MSRP but GS still has it in stock....Do I have to buy it from the sellers on ebay??? Or do I still have a mind and can make my own choices?????? Sheesh it's almost like everyone needs to lose money when they sell stuff.

NEWS FLASH, YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY IT! 

#3725 NoLifeDGenerate  

NoLifeDGenerate

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:51 PM

So wait, people are selling stuff for more then MSRP but GS still has it in stock....Do I have to buy it from the sellers on ebay??? Or do I still have a mind and can make my own choices?????? Sheesh it's almost like everyone needs to lose money when they sell stuff.

NEWS FLASH, YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY IT! 

They're scum for trying to fucking scam people with those ridiculous prices. FYI, Some of us don't like doing business with Gamestop.

#3726 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6701 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:54 PM

They're scum for trying to fucking scam people with those ridiculous prices. FYI, Some of us don't like doing business with Gamestop.

LOL Someone needs to learn what a scam is. They list it at a price, they aren't hiding or lying to you. That is NOT what a scam is. Also, so don't buy from Gamestop....no one is making you buy shit there. But if GS is the only store that sells that particular item and you really want it then then you need to buy it from GS or look elsewhere. You sound like an entitled child who wants to get what you want.

#3727 NoLifeDGenerate  

NoLifeDGenerate

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:21 PM

LOL Someone needs to learn what a scam is. They list it at a price, they aren't hiding or lying to you. That is NOT what a scam is. Also, so don't buy from Gamestop....no one is making you buy shit there. But if GS is the only store that sells that particular item and you really want it then then you need to buy it from GS or look elsewhere. You sound like an entitled child who wants to get what you want.

Most are scamming by claiming it's rare. Obviously, it's not fucking rare when it's still being stocked at retail. Anyone who can't see that this is complete fucking bullshit is just a fucking idiot.

#3728 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6512 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:37 AM

Most are scamming by claiming it's rare. Obviously, it's not fucking rare when it's still being stocked at retail. Anyone who can't see that this is complete fucking bullshit is just a fucking idiot.

You should go report it to ebay.

#3729 elessar123  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:10 AM

They could be targeting importers in other countries. Calm your tits.

#3730 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:52 AM

This type of discussion is what results from letting 12-year-olds in here.

#3731 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4515 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 18 November 2018 - 05:49 PM

I bought something on ebay as a pre-order that doesn't ship for a few months and want to cancel my order. I sent the seller 3 messages and they haven't responded in a week.

How can I get my order cancelled? The seller says they accept returns so they shouldn't have any problem cancelling an order that doesn't ship for months.

Any advice?

#3732 elessar123  

Posted 18 November 2018 - 05:51 PM

I bought something on ebay as a pre-order that doesn't ship for a few months and want to cancel my order. I sent the seller 3 messages and they haven't responded in a week.

How can I get my order cancelled? The seller says they accept returns so they shouldn't have any problem cancelling an order that doesn't ship for months.

Any advice?

Go through eBay/Paypal. They're breaking eBay policy anyways listing it so early.

#3733 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4515 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 18 November 2018 - 07:01 PM

Go through eBay/Paypal. They're breaking eBay policy anyways listing it so early.

File a case you mean? How exactly should I go about it?

#3734 elessar123  

Posted 18 November 2018 - 07:18 PM

File a case you mean? How exactly should I go about it?

You should have an item not received link somewhere. You can put in the reasoning that the seller isn't responding to messages.

#3735 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1352 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 27 February 2019 - 05:15 PM

When you have a Nintendo 64 bundle with 13 games on Ebay and people actually get upset that you straight up laughed at their $50 + Free Shipping offer............. if I only wanted $50 I would put that sh1t on Craigslist and sell it today and not have to ship it!

#3736 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14121 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2019 - 07:27 PM

I had my first buyer from Puerto Rico last week.  (Didn't actually know selling US only would count Puerto Rico, even though they are a territory).

They paid, and I kept trying to print their label, but eBay (USPS actually) kept saying the address was not valid.  And if I changed the address, I wouldn't be covered by seller protection.

Contacted eBay:  They said to tell the buyer to change the address on their end.

Buyer swore up and down the address was right, and that they had nothing to change.

Was about ready to cancel the whole thing (and likely take the negative feedback), when I tried once more to change anything and everything on the address that I could to get it to "take".  

Finally, I found changing Bayamón to just Bayamon would let it go through!   :booty:

#3737 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1352 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:45 AM

When you have people offer less than what Gamestop would..... yikes! 

#3738 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1859 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:35 PM

Had a bidder ask to cancel the transaction after winning. Ok, fine. Then he goes and bids after I relist it. What an ass.

#3739 STEVE05   The Darkest Timeline CAGiversary!   1647 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:20 PM

Had a bidder ask to cancel the transaction after winning. Ok, fine. Then he goes and bids after I relist it. What an ass.

Add that guy to your block list ASAP!

#3740 Lord Darias   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Lord Darias

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:18 AM

Hi can you lower the price?? To $30. And its disc only. Old game. I want to buy today. Will pay immediately??  

This was for a copy of X-Men VS Streetfighter for PS1. It was listed for $47.97 which was the cheapest on Ebay at the time. It had 8 watchers when I got this message. It was sold for asking price the next day.

#3741 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1352 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:03 PM

I've noticed more and more people asking me to remove items from bundles so they can offer cheaper for what they want..... uhm no! It's a bundle of stuff that I'm trying to sell together! You take all or none! 

#3742 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:34 PM

Anybody ever had the misfortune to sell to the buyer keef-austi? He's a scammer who tried to return a Silent Hill 2 game he bought from me. He claims it was scratched and the manual wasn't included. The pictures he took of the back of the disc look like he went at it with a boxcutter. I did include the manual in the case as well, of course. I told him I would contact the police if he sent me back a disc in that condition. I intend to follow through with it if he forces the return and sends me back the slashed disc.

#3743 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4408 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:03 PM

There's not much you can do. Even your pics aren't really proof of what you sent him. I had a pretty rare video game board game I sent to someone who opened it and took out the few pieces he needed to complete his set, and then eBay let him return the game and I lost. The plastic shrink-wrap was on the game when I sent it to him! But of course that didn't matter to anyone so I had to eat the loss and re-sell it for substantially less... opened and with pieces missing.

#3744 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:19 PM

Oh I know. I'm not looking for advice. I've decided to go ahead with filing the police report if he returns a ruined disc to me. I just wanted to know if that buyer was a common scammer or not.

#3745 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1352 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 19 May 2019 - 12:49 PM

Got a guy saying the copy of Metal Slug Advance he bought constantly freezes..... funny how that never happened for me. Perhaps it's your dirty GBA dude. 

Edit 6/1/19- got the game back today.............its fine! If youre having buyers remorse just be honest! You insult me when you say that my shit is broken when I clean and test everything before shipping!

#3746 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22891 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:03 PM

I listed my GTX 1660ti, noted that item is being sold fully working but as-is with no warranty (because manufacture's warranty cannot be transfer). 

Someone buys it and immediately afterwards, sends me this message: 

hey bud, if this is a scam or the card doesn't work for some reason or other--cancel the transaction. i'm an attorney. i have an amex business platinum card. paypal and insurance up to $100,000/week. 
If it's broken or something is wrong with it I'll keep you card and the money as well. So none of this "as is" or "implied warranty" stuff because that is specifically disclaimed ebay's policies

I checked, he really is an attorney and is pretty well rated- but that's not the point. I know the item works but like anything electronic, might die within a day or might last years... I can't control that. But this guy seems like he might come back as soon as something happens with the card and file a dispute. 

Anyone know what my options are here? Should I just cancel like he said? Feel like I'm going to get a negative (which is... whatever IMO as I'd rather not lose $200) but what I'd be upset over is losing out on the promotional offer on the FVF on this. 

EDIT* Welp, seller just sent an apology email saying it was their intern. 

#3747 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14121 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:48 AM

^I’m gonna have to use “my intern” line sometime! :lol:

So, does the real lawyer actually want the item? Will the intern be fired?

#3748 audiomaxica1  

audiomaxica1

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:10 PM

That would be the perfect customer honestly. I mean you are selling a used item and if they say it doesn’t work or not as pictured and they won’t return it that’s a win win situation.

If they reverse the charge PayPal would be forced to eat the cost if you have tracking and the buyer doesn’t return it.

Over the years I’ve had random chargebacks that are typically after the holidays in January. Never an issue on my end.

Oh and get in the practice of not leaving feedback right away. After only getting like 3/10 buyers return feedback I quit giving it out until the buyer takes the time to leave some. As you can guess only 3-4/10 people get feedback from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3749 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22891 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:44 AM

^I’m gonna have to use “my intern” line sometime! :lol:

So, does the real lawyer actually want the item? Will the intern be fired?

He did and I really don't buy his apology story. Why would you let an intern use your account to buy a graphics card that's being shipped to your office? I'm assuming the guy just wanted to scare me in admitting to if I was up to anyting shady, I get it, as there are tons of shoddy sellers on eBay. Guessing my response to his initial email put him at ease. His eBay history seems clean and his reviews make him seem like a solid guy, and I don't see any red flags but... it's not like there's any real safety nets  when you sell online or in person. 

#3750 Rotondo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   110 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:43 AM

He did and I really don't buy his apology story. Why would you let an intern use your account to buy a graphics card that's being shipped to your office? I'm assuming the guy just wanted to scare me in admitting to if I was up to anyting shady, I get it, as there are tons of shoddy sellers on eBay. Guessing my response to his initial email put him at ease. His eBay history seems clean and his reviews make him seem like a solid guy, and I don't see any red flags but... it's not like there's any real safety nets  when you sell online or in person. 

What a weird situation.

I always feel sketched out sending anything if the buyer does anything out of the ordinary.

With the oddly threatening message if it was any other service than ebay I'd report him.

I did get a laugh out of the way he wrote the message though. Almost reminds me of some internet copy pasta troll.