The General eBay Rant Thread

Also:

Feedback extortion
Buyers aren't allowed to use threats of poor Feedback or low detailed seller ratings to get something that wasn't part of the original listing. Sellers aren't allowed to demand positive Feedback from buyers.

My buyer: I'm certain that you do not want to wait to give me feedback. Have it your way =)

If you've successfully completed a transaction with another eBay member and they haven't left you Feedback, it's fine to send them a quick email as a friendly reminder. But remember that Feedback is completely voluntary.

I didn't "withhold" crap. It is my prerogative to say "you are a crappy eBayer, I'm not going to lie and tell people you are good to deal with.

I don't leave feedback till I get it. Leaving feedback every time someone pays you is just a waste of time. A lot of the mega sellers especially from china have autobots leaving feedback once they have received it.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']If that guy messages me back with a different reason for returning the game I'll do it, but he said he wanted to return it because it didn't play on the 360. It does. Even if I didn't mention the return policy I still wasn't going to say yes based off of that one misinformed message....

As for the other ass clown who I "withheld feedback from".

I'm sorry, but a transaction is NOT over until the buyer receives the item and properly handles any disagreements with it/how it was shipped. Even if they think I shipped their item out too slow (which I didn't) or was stupid for not immediately leaving them feedback (which I didn't), what they did is not proper procedure either.

Leaving feedback on eBay is NOT mandatory. I would have left positive feedback once they got their item and didn't give me a hard time, as it is clearly obvious to me that the customer is a scumbag....but instead they get NO feedback, so whatever.

If it was the feedback they cared about they would have handled it differently.

I hate eBay. I use it because right now I need a little extra cash. As a matter of fact, now that my income tax has been returned and I've handled a quite expensive family issue I may not need it for a very long time. So, I will either stop selling very soon, or have no problem if they want to boot me off the site.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to apologize you can sell any way you'd like but I'm just trying to give you suggestions that would make your selling experience less agitated.

And I don't think any sellers are happy with eBay (except maybe Chinese exporters or eBay Diamond sellers like ToysRUs, Newegg, Buy, etc.) but it really is about adapting to policies.

You certainly don't have to leave feedback but buyers have grown to expect it and if t takes 5 seconds to leave it after you create a shipping label.

And I understand your point about the sale not being over but what do you gain by NOT leaving feedback? It's not like it is going to skew their feedback % as all they can receive is positives. All you're doing is just frustrating the buyer... again not a good thing.

Selling on eBay and unloading some of my junk has allowed me the extra money to buy more junk. I don't like any of the new policies except the "report a buyer" feature. But I know what I need to do to keep my account in good standing.

I just hate seeing sellers get upset over things like this when I feel like the issues could have been resolved better.

[quote name='TiKi2']I don't leave feedback till I get it. Leaving feedback every time someone pays you is just a waste of time. A lot of the mega sellers especially from china have autobots leaving feedback once they have received it.[/QUOTE]

Do you print your labels through eBay?(If not then what you're doing would be the definition of a "waste of time")?

If you do print your labels through eBay after the label prints there will be a link that prompts you to leave feedback. Click on it and enter one of the standard feedback messages.

I don't get the mentality of "I'm not going to leave feedback until I receive it". What does that accomplish?

Do you think you're protecting yourself? Or are you trying not to reward a bad a buyer? Just move on from that sale and look to the next one.

You don't have to believe me but by not leaving feedback all you are doing is creating more hassle for yourself later on.

This is the same type of mentality I would expect from the sellers who put "no international buyers" in their listing but don't ever put up blocks on their paypal account not to accept payments from international buyers.

[quote name='GBAstar']You don't have to apologize you can sell any way you'd like but I'm just trying to give you suggestions that would make your selling experience less agitated.

And I don't think any sellers are happy with eBay (except maybe Chinese exporters or eBay Diamond sellers like ToysRUs, Newegg, Buy, etc.) but it really is about adapting to policies.

You certainly don't have to leave feedback but buyers have grown to expect it and if t takes 5 seconds to leave it after you create a shipping label.

And I understand your point about the sale not being over but what do you gain by NOT leaving feedback? It's not like it is going to skew their feedback % as all they can receive is positives. All you're doing is just frustrating the buyer... again not a good thing.

Selling on eBay and unloading some of my junk has allowed me the extra money to buy more junk. I don't like any of the new policies except the "report a buyer" feature. But I know what I need to do to keep my account in good standing.

I just hate seeing sellers get upset over things like this when I feel like the issues could have been resolved better.[/QUOTE]

I like to leave feedback a day or two after the item is delivered. This way not only did they pay for the item (duh, you should do that), but they had a chance to come and complain to me if anything went wrong.

NOW, if a buyer wants me to leave feedback before the item is delivered I would gladly say yes IF A) they paid promptly B) they didn't threaten me for the feedback C) the auction went down for the most part in a non-shady way.

This buyer A) waited 4-5 days to pay and B) contacted me off the bat in what I consider a shady way, asking for immediate feedback and complaining about the item not being shipped when I have 2 day handling time.

As a matter of personal preference I don't like to leave positive feedback for someone who I know is going to give me a hard time. And if that means I get negative from them, so be it. But I'd rather get a negative from a buyer here and there than be telling the rest of eBay they are great buyers.

This buyer also had feedback like:

>>>Sellers BEWARE! Buyer will threaten to leave negative feedback!

[quote name='GBAstar']Do you print your labels through eBay?(If not then what you're doing would be the definition of a "waste of time")?

If you do print your labels through eBay after the label prints there will be a link that prompts you to leave feedback. Click on it and enter one of the standard feedback messages.

I don't get the mentality of "I'm not going to leave feedback until I receive it". What does that accomplish?

Do you think you're protecting yourself? Or are you trying not to reward a bad a buyer? Just move on from that sale and look to the next one.

You don't have to believe me but by not leaving feedback all you are doing is creating more hassle for yourself later on.

This is the same type of mentality I would expect from the sellers who put "no international buyers" in their listing but don't ever put up blocks on their paypal account not to accept payments from international buyers.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter how you want to slice it, it still is a waste of time. Why the fuck does a buyer need feedback anyways, they get nothing but positives. If you think about it leaving a buyer feedback is just stupid as fuck, no other online venue leaves buyer feedback excluding forums.

Im too scared to sell on ebay period. I dont want to sell something at the 100.00+ range and if the value drops within the return period and then they can return it for whatever reason and get that money back and keep the cheaper one.

[quote name='TiKi2']Doesn't matter how you want to slice it, it still is a waste of time. Why the fuck does a buyer need feedback anyways, they get nothing but positives. If you think about it leaving a buyer feedback is just stupid as fuck, no other online venue leaves buyer feedback excluding forums.[/QUOTE]

yup. I hate people that request me to leave them feedback. Ill do it for a person who has low counts, but otherwise who cares, once it gets to a certain point it doesnt even matter anymore, it wont make a difference, unless youre trying to slang 1,000 vitas.

Does anybody know how to get into contact with the postal inspection service? Not Ebay but I sold a 3DS on amazon a week ago and the buyer is insisting he never received it even though tracking says otherwise :/

[quote name='aptanor']Does anybody know how to get into contact with the postal inspection service? Not Ebay but I sold a 3DS on amazon a week ago and the buyer is insisting he never received it even though tracking says otherwise :/[/QUOTE]

Either you or your buyer should fill this form out:

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms/mlntrcvd.aspx

Did you have insurance?

Often times if the buyer is a scammer just letting them know that you are filing a report with the postal inspector and that they will be contacted to provide a statement is enough to get them to mysteriously find it with a neighbor.

Yeah I told him in my last message that I was going to contact the post office and if they can't locate it then I'll contact the PIS. I had $100 of insurance, thankfully.

[quote name='aptanor']Yeah I told him in my last message that I was going to contact the post office and if they can't locate it then I'll contact the PIS. I had $100 of insurance, thankfully.[/QUOTE]

Was the insurance through the post office or through a 3rd party provider (i.e. shipsurance)?

You may need for him to cooperate if you purchased insurance through the Post Office. At the very least they will do an investigation so hopefully that will be enough for him to come clean if it truly wasn't misdelivered or stolen.

I like to give the buyers the benefit of the doubt but I have mailed many many many many packages over the years through USPS and have never had one legitimately go missing. Some arrive late, I've had one arrived damaged but I've never had one just disappear (domestically at least).

It's through the post office. I've never had a package dissapear either, which is why it makes me suspicious, especially when the tracking says he has it. The address was in a really strange format though, I'm not sure if it's an apartment building or what. Only thing I can think of is it's a complex and someone else in the building has it.

608 N FAIR OAKS AVE STE 130
PASADENA, CA 91103-4802

That's the address. Wasn't sure what STE 130 is :/

I also keep trying to call the post offices there. One keeps ringing and nobody answers, one must be off the hook because it's been busy all morning, and one goes to a dial-up or fax machine noise >:I

Google maps was no help, for that address it showed me what looked like a big plot of buildings from aerial view, but when I went to street view the closest it would show me was a home on the outside of the block :/ Leaving out STE 130 shows the same building.

Only thing I can think of is maybe it's a gated community with it's own street numbers.

They look like town homes, I was trying to look at the numbers off the street but if the idiot postal worker left it on the front doorstep. Some one could have taken it off the streets, I found 608 but couldn't read the numbers on the front door.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']A picture says 1000 words. 3 pictures says WTF!

2ee06a34-bf43-434f-8dad-0697ed1f45ed_zps981534f0.jpg

0f9507aa-b87c-489a-8071-60b503c821ea_zpsa289630a.jpg

0575a0d6-f15f-402e-bc86-dd4b793cf021_zpsb69a7b34.jpg

So I take a long time to ship but it arrived on the first estimated date? OK.

HOW the hell do you run a company the scale of eBay which lets buyers leave low DSR for shipping/handling when they item CLEARLY was shipped and handled properly and you have PROOF of it.[/QUOTE]

calling your buyer scum does not impove your overall standing, nor does it help when other buyers are looking at you and giving you the benefit of the doubt

[quote name='aptanor']Does anybody know how to get into contact with the postal inspection service? Not Ebay but I sold a 3DS on amazon a week ago and the buyer is insisting he never received it even though tracking says otherwise :/[/QUOTE]

so you sold a 3ds without signature confirmation.....:applause::roll:

Personally, I always add signature confirmation for items that are $100 and above.
$2-3 well spent for scum protection and added peace of mind.

[quote name='Chedeng88']Personally, I always add signature confirmation for items that are $100 and above.
$2-3 well spent for scum protection and added peace of mind.[/QUOTE]

If this was an eBay sale (I believe he said it wasn't) it wouldn't matter; as long as the USPS delivery confirmation number showed as "Delivered" to the same zip code as what was on the original PayPal invoice then he would be covered regardless what the buyer claimed as an INR excuse as long as the purchase was less then $250.

Signature confirmation is only required for purchases over $250 and besides peace of mind it doesn't give you any extra protection on purchases with a values less then $250.

It does cost more and could delay delivery if the buyer isn't home. I would have to imagine that "porch snatchers" make up a very small percentage of mail fraud

I think Amazon is different, if I remember correctly from what people have posted. Amazon doesn't give a crap what the usps tracking says since it only says delivered in the zipcode and doesn't really prove much.

[quote name='skiizim']I think Amazon is different, if I remember correctly from what people have posted. Amazon doesn't give a crap what the usps tracking says since it only says delivered in the zipcode and doesn't really prove much.[/QUOTE]

I think you're right; If the buyer says they didn't receive the item, regardless of what tracking says then I'm pretty sure AZ will force a refund in the buyer's favor.

I use signature confirmation on anything above $50. I know it isn't required with Paypal but I was getting tired of the occasional person saying something wasn't received when delivery confirmation said delivered.

A new wrinkle here, I contacted the post office manager who talked to the mail carrier. The occupant of 608 N. Fair Oaks ave hasn't picked up their mail in days, she said as soon as she said the address the carrier knew what she was going to say. The mail carrier said the package has been sitting in their mailbox since Saturday of last week >:I

I wonder if the "buyer" is waiting for the outcome of the case; if AZ decides in their favor then I'm sure they'll pick up all the mail.

Thing is they haven't actually filed a claim, they just keep sending messages saying "I don't have it, I don't have it." I'm wondering if they moved and didn't change their address on Amazon or something, I can't be held responsible for that can I, especially since I have the testimony of the PO manager and carrier?

Recently I won a htc phone on ebay, but when I got it the phone had a $75 bill on it(metro pcs). The seller refunded my money but I asked if they would refund the price I will have to pay to send it back. Is there anything I can do?

[quote name='xenozfan2']Recently I won a htc phone on ebay, but when I got it the phone had a $75 bill on it(metro pcs). The seller refunded my money but I asked if they would refund the price I will have to pay to send it back. Is there anything I can do?[/QUOTE]

It's your responsibility to send the item back, if the seller is willing to reimburse you for the shipping cost is a different story. If he isn't giving you any trouble I wouldn't hold it against them.

[quote name='xenozfan2']Recently I won a htc phone on ebay, but when I got it the phone had a $75 bill on it(metro pcs). The seller refunded my money but I asked if they would refund the price I will have to pay to send it back. Is there anything I can do?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='skiizim']It's your responsibility to send the item back, if the seller is willing to reimburse you for the shipping cost is a different story. If he isn't giving you any trouble I wouldn't hold it against them.[/QUOTE]

This seems ridiculous to me. I don't see why it is the buyer's responsibility to ship it back in the case of a misleading or incorrect listing. Normal returns should be on the buyer, but not SNAD kinda stuff.

I bought a kindle recently that said the screen 'may' be broken. It arrived with a huge shatter mark. It wasn't a multi-listing - the seller was just lazy. 1 SNAD case later I had a free broken kindle. I didn't like doing it, but they weren't willing to pay return shipping for their issue.

"Oh, if it's in the mailbox, then I can't actually access it right now, because the person with the keys to the mailbox is in a business trip in another country. If possible, could you tell the mail carrier to leave all the mail in the front of Suite 130?"
So what you're telling me is, you knew you couldn't get your mail, but because mail wasn't mysteriously appearing in your house, you assumed you weren't receiving your mail. I told him he has to do that BECAUSE I DON'T LIVE THERE JKSBFLSD

Seriously, how do people like this dress themselves, let alone function in normal society?

I suggest, you deal with it professionally.... Otherwise you can call her dumb as shit and that she is a functionless human being... Lets see which works better.

Yes most human beings are dumb and worthless, but as a person I still respect them and show them respect. It goes a long way in resolving issues, and even the dumbest person can be reasoned with ( might take time ) BUT THAT IS what you are suppose to do as a seller.. You treat your buyers the same way you expect Amazon Reps to treat you

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']I suggest, you deal with it professionally.... Otherwise you can call her dumb as shit and that she is a functionless human being... Lets see which works better.

Yes most human beings are dumb and worthless, but as a person I still respect them and show them respect. It goes a long way in resolving issues, and even the dumbest person can be reasoned with ( might take time ) BUT THAT IS what you are suppose to do as a seller.. You treat your buyers the same way you expect Amazon Reps to treat you[/QUOTE]
Do you think I'd need to come here to vent if I did so to the customer? Obviously you act professionally to the customer, I'm not an idiot.

I think I will tell them if they don't pay for the shipping I will file a snad. Sucks I have to return it since it was a nice phone.

So tomorrow is the day I can escalate my case to customer support. How long will it take Ebay to refund my money?

[quote name='strizay']So tomorrow is the day I can escalate my case to customer support. How long will it take Ebay to refund my money?[/QUOTE]

I forgot what your situation was...

if it is cut and dry, as in you are the buyer and you filed Item Not Received (INR) and the seller didn't respond, if you escalate it and their isn't proof of delivery attached to the case you should get refunded almost immediately (it could take up to a few hours).

If it is a SNAD case it could take 24-48 hours after being escalated.

As a seller I like how eBay runs its buyer/seller protection process. It may suck as the buyer having to wait 7 days to escalate the claim but as a seller it affords us the opportunity to try and resolve the issue or open inquiries with USPS/Customs if the buyer is a scammer.

Just an FYI if you open disputes through PayPal you can escalate them IMMEDIATELY after opening the dispute. They do ask if you have communicated with the buyer/seller but it isn't hard to lie and click "yes" even if you haven't.

The only thing that PayPal requests is that you wait 7 days before opening an INR claim but as soon as you open it you can escalate it.

That policy is complete BS IMO because I've had international buyers open INR claims through PayPal and escalate them 7 days after paying.

I got hit by a professional scammer in Canada because he waited until Saturday evening before a long weeked (i.e. Monday was a federal holiday) and he made his purchase then.

That means the earliest I could have shipped the item was Tuesday due to the holiday. Regardless he opened an INR claim a week from when he paid (the following Saturday which was only 4 shipping days from when he paid) and then escalated the claim the very next day.

Fortunately he had a history of doing this so PayPal closed his account. I lost the initial judgement because obviously I couldn't prove delivery but the package did have tracking (Priority Mail International) and as soon as it showed delivered I appealed and got my funds back. I'm not sure if PayPal refunded me out of their pocket or if it was removed from the buyer's account.

I don't know if you remember the first time I sold you BB gift cards and I told you I bought a Batman CE for $42? The seller never sent it or marked it as sent. This is way back on the 21st of Jan. I've sent the seller 5 emails to see what happened and they never responded. So finally tomorrow is the day I can escalate to customer service. I was just wondering how long it would take for them to refund me.

Getting tired of all these buyers not leaving me feedback. I make sure I leave them it, all I ask is they do the same for me, but these days hardly anyone bothers.

Another eBay winner...

Sold a Turtle Beach Headset in late December, buyer messages me back and says the talkback wire is missing. Fair enough, I let him know my return policy and give him the return address.

Waits until yesterday to ship it back to me. 5 weeks later. Idiot.

I smell negative feedback coming my way because of his stupidity.

I bought a game on Wednesday the 30th and didn't receive any notification of shipping so I sent them a message on sunday feb 3rd simply asking if my game had shipped or when it's expected to ship. The game arrived on tuesday so it was a great transaction overall except for the lack of communication. I decided to give them a positive anyways with the comment"Fast shipping, better communication needed though but great overall!". They decide to give me a positive feedback also with the comment "Good transaction. Very poor at leaving feedback". Was I in the wrong with the comment that I left in their feedback?

[quote name='AJVtony831']I bought a game on Wednesday the 30th and didn't receive any notification of shipping so I sent them a message on sunday feb 3rd simply asking if my game had shipped or when it's expected to ship. The game arrived on tuesday so it was a great transaction overall except for the lack of communication. I decided to give them a positive anyways with the comment"Fast shipping, better communication needed though but great overall!". They decide to give me a positive feedback also with the comment "Good transaction. Very poor at leaving feedback". Was I in the wrong with the comment that I left in their feedback?[/QUOTE]

Yes !!!!!!!

First of all you got the item in roughly 4 days which is more then adequate, they basically shipped the item out the next day for you.

However sellers that sell do not have time to be pester by people constantly asking if the item had shipped, it is a REASONABLE expectation to wait 5-6 days before asking such a question. Not to mention if the seller has already marked the item as shipped, that should also clue you in.

And yes there are alot of buyers who like to pester sellers just to have some type of human contact that they are missing outside in the real world.

Do you pester Amazon if your item has shipped? Do you pester Newegg, BB, Buy.com etc etc. about the shipment of your item? Why do that with a ebay seller.

I hate hate HATE when people list auctions as "new", only to find out items used. Seriously this is NOT GameStop, if it isn't shrink wrapped it isn't new.

[quote name='Taren Fox']I hate hate HATE when people list auctions as "new", only to find out items used. Seriously this is NOT GameStop, if it isn't shrink wrapped it isn't new.[/QUOTE]

Yep. All you have to do is search for something like "4GB Xbox 360 Console" and filter it by "New" and you fill find dozens of listings where the console has been used or taken out of the box and the description will be something like:

"Bought this for my daughter, only played for a week" or "Taken out of the box to inspect".

I've sold 10 things in the last 2 weeks and only two buyers have left me feedback. What a bunch of inconsiderate *****s. I guess it's too much to ask to take 2 seconds out of your life to be courteous and help a fellow ebayer out. I ship their stuff out asap ,leave them feedback immediately and take extreme care in the packaging of their items, it's the least they can do if only to return the feedback favor. In all honesty I'd prefer to leave them feedback after they leave me it but I know almost no buyer would ever stand to do it that way, I mean damn after the last 2 weeks I can't even get the other 8 to do it and that was with me leaving them it immediately.

Their was a figure published on one of the eBay seller forums that something like only 60% of buyers leave feedback for sellers.

And that 60% I'm sure is much higher then what Amazon experiences (As a buyer I almost never leave feedback on Amazon but I almost always do on eBay).

Just remember that no feedback is better then bad feedback or good feedback with low DSR ratings.

I can't stand people that misrepresent the condition of their items, but even more annoying are the people that list their crappy guides, accessories, parts, and games as "Systems" in the Video Game section of eBay. If you sort by price, you have to wade through pages of crap before you get to any actual consoles.

I've been checking Vita prices on eBay, and this has been driving me crazy.

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']Yes !!!!!!!

First of all you got the item in roughly 4 days which is more then adequate, they basically shipped the item out the next day for you.

However sellers that sell do not have time to be pester by people constantly asking if the item had shipped, it is a REASONABLE expectation to wait 5-6 days before asking such a question. Not to mention if the seller has already marked the item as shipped, that should also clue you in.

And yes there are alot of buyers who like to pester sellers just to have some type of human contact that they are missing outside in the real world.

Do you pester Amazon if your item has shipped? Do you pester Newegg, BB, Buy.com etc etc. about the shipment of your item? Why do that with a ebay seller.[/QUOTE]

Except it wasn't marked as shipped. If it was marked as shipped, I wouldn't have asked the seller anything in the first place. It takes like one minute to click "mark item as shipped". Actually takes less than that since I've sold on ebay also. The seller isn't anyone big either since it was the only item they had up for sale at that time. I wasn't complaining about the shipping time, as I just wanted to know whether or not my item had shipped. I was fine with the time it took to get to me. And no I'm not missing any human contact outside in the real world. Thanks for pretty much attacking me instead of answering the question. And regarding your last question, at least Amazon, Newegg, BB, Buy.com etc. let me know they shipped the item.

Since I do 95% on my transactions on mobile, and Amazon doesn't allow you to leave feedback on mobile, I only do feedback on eBay.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm going to say this with all the kindness I can muster and hopefully what I write is helpful.

You really shouldn't be selling on eBay unless you're willing to adapt to the "new" eBay and how it expects it sellers to operate. If you continue to have the "I'll sell how I want to and I'm not going to take any crap from any buyers" you won't be selling on eBay much longer. They don't need small sellers anymore. It is no longer the place it used to be where small sellers were King.

Regarding your "No return policy" why set it like that? eBay is going to allow buyers to return items (often at your expense) if you don't allow them to return them at their expense. All a buyer has to do within 45 days of purchase is file a Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) claim and you'll be accepting the return. Doesn't matter the reason and it doesn't matter the item.

Just because you have a return policy doesn't mean you're going to be renting games to buyers. I've mailed out hundreds of items and had two buyers request returns. In both instances I got the same game back in the same condition.

At that point you just open a cancellation request and once it is approved you get your fees back. No harm done. Yes you might have to relist the item and yes it might sell for less but it is better then causing a stink; if the buyer really wants to return the game you're going to be taking it back one way or another and at least by accepting the return you're not going to be out your fees and you're less likely to get your feedback and DSR's slammed.

And if you don't care about your feedback or DSR's.... then you really won't be selling on eBay for much longer.

And about the feedback.... eBay has explained to buyers that they have completed their obligation as a buyer once they have submitted payment. By withholding feedback you are going against the norm. You are going to see more and more buyers wondering where their feedback is if you withhold it, and you are going to give buyers more reasons to ding your stars.

It's not like you can leave negative feedback or false positives (i.e. positive feedback alluding that the buyer opened a case or is a scammer). By leaving false positives you open your self up to getting a violation against your account which again is one step closer to being forced off eBay.

If you really want to leave some sort of vindictive feedback against a buyer (for what reason I can only guess it makes you feel better?) then just leave follow up feedback after the sale.

To do that all you have to do is search for "follow up feedback" under the support link/tab in your browser when you are on the eBay website. On the following page you search for the buyer/sellers account and you can leave a follow up comment to your original feedback left.

Seriously though... read up on the rule changes and either decide you can play along or just stop selling. I'm not trying to sound like a dick but you'll be much happier either way because you'll either enlighten yourself to the current policies and have a better understanding of how a seller is supposed to act on eBay or you will realize that the new policies are abusrd and you aren't able to adapt and you'll save yourself the headache of trying to sell on eBay "Your way".[/QUOTE]

I think you make a lot of great valid points about eBay selling but what's going on here are two different viewpoints on a marketplace.

You obviously come from an angle of experience and business like mind but gpg's perspective is from an everyday user that does not use eBay strictly as a reselling tool. It's more of principle than business form for him. I've resold plenty on eBay and depending on the circumstance my principles will outweigh my business priorities.

The biggest downside for any individual selling on eBay is the inevitable experience with some scammer or pain in the ass buyer. A feedback system for buyers would really help mitigate that but as you said, it's not feasible for all sellers to have a retaliatory feedback system either. eBay should just implement a buyer feedback system on a privilege basis. Say, all sellers that have at least a 95% feedback rating and have a history of providing positive feedback in return to buyers over a period of time so it's not some random seller who leaves nothing but negative feedback whenever he/she actually does so. That way, you would weed out the troublesome sellers that just stir shit up without just cause.

bread's done
Back