The General eBay Rant Thread

Well it was bound to happen. I have been selling a lot of games on Ebay lately. Mostly new unopened games. I have had a really good track record with people leaving positive feedback and being happy. Well I sold a brand new copy of Prototype 2 about 10 days ago for $24. It was a copy I got for $5 at BBY. Well I usually send out a reminder email after about 1 week after delivery to ask if there are any problems and to leave some feedback. Well this d-bag sent me this email just now.

"Actually, now that you mention it. I am very unsatisfied with my purchase of this game. And I was hoping that you had another copy of this game that you can possibly send me. The reason is that when I first opened the game and looked on the back, I noticed that it had a scratch on it. At first glance, I thought it wasn't big enough to affect the disc, but when I put the game into the xbox and started playing it, the disc became unreadable halfway through the opening mission, where the black guy first meets alex mercer and is following him through a destroyed part of the city. I tried restarting my 360, cleaning the disc, and installing it on to my hard drive, but it still stopped at the same spot and said the disc was unreadable. So I was hoping that I could get a replacement disc, or refund please. Because I really would like to play this game."

I think this is a bunch of BS. "now that I mention it"? You have the game 1 week (which is more than enough time to beat the game) and now you are suddenly remembering the game was unplayable? I asked him to send the game back to me at his expense (which I am sure he will complain about) and I will refund him. It is such BS since the game is now worthless to me and I am sure he redeemed the codes. He only had 5 feedbacks.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well it was bound to happen. I have been selling a lot of games on Ebay lately. Mostly new unopened games. I have had a really good track record with people leaving positive feedback and being happy. Well I sold a brand new copy of Prototype 2 about 10 days ago for $24. It was a copy I got for $5 at BBY. Well I usually send out a reminder email after about 1 week after delivery to ask if there are any problems and to leave some feedback. Well this d-bag sent me this email just now.

"Actually, now that you mention it. I am very unsatisfied with my purchase of this game. And I was hoping that you had another copy of this game that you can possibly send me. The reason is that when I first opened the game and looked on the back, I noticed that it had a scratch on it. At first glance, I thought it wasn't big enough to affect the disc, but when I put the game into the xbox and started playing it, the disc became unreadable halfway through the opening mission, where the black guy first meets alex mercer and is following him through a destroyed part of the city. I tried restarting my 360, cleaning the disc, and installing it on to my hard drive, but it still stopped at the same spot and said the disc was unreadable. So I was hoping that I could get a replacement disc, or refund please. Because I really would like to play this game."

I think this is a bunch of BS. "now that I mention it"? You have the game 1 week (which is more than enough time to beat the game) and now you are suddenly remembering the game was unplayable? I asked him to send the game back to me at his expense (which I am sure he will complain about) and I will refund him. It is such BS since the game is now worthless to me and I am sure he redeemed the codes. He only had 5 feedbacks.[/QUOTE]

If he opened it, you shouldn't have to take it back. Just ignore him, and he'll probably not do anything.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well it was bound to happen. I have been selling a lot of games on Ebay lately. Mostly new unopened games. I have had a really good track record with people leaving positive feedback and being happy. Well I sold a brand new copy of Prototype 2 about 10 days ago for $24. It was a copy I got for $5 at BBY. Well I usually send out a reminder email after about 1 week after delivery to ask if there are any problems and to leave some feedback. Well this d-bag sent me this email just now.

I think this is a bunch of BS. "now that I mention it"? You have the game 1 week (which is more than enough time to beat the game) and now you are suddenly remembering the game was unplayable? I asked him to send the game back to me at his expense (which I am sure he will complain about) and I will refund him. It is such BS since the game is now worthless to me and I am sure he redeemed the codes. He only had 5 feedbacks.[/QUOTE]

You have good intentions but you should stop sending those messages to customers IMMEDIATELY.

Remember no feedback is better then bad feedback or good feedback with low DSR scores. By contacting a customer one or two weeks after a sale and asking "How was the transaction.. is there anything I can do for you" you are effectively saying "I care so much about my feedback/DSR's I will do anything to make you happy" and you open the door to them trying to scam or extort money out of you.

I'm not kidding when I say I get feedback on less then 60% of my transactions. It used to bother me at first but now I could care less.

[quote name='GBAstar']You have good intentions but you should stop sending those messages to customers IMMEDIATELY.

Remember no feedback is better then bad feedback or good feedback with low DSR scores. By contacting a customer one or two weeks after a sale and asking "How was the transaction.. is there anything I can do for you" you are effectively saying "I care so much about my feedback/DSR's I will do anything to make you happy" and you open the door to them trying to scam or extort money out of you.

I'm not kidding when I say I get feedback on less then 60% of my transactions. It used to bother me at first but now I could care less.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am feeling pretty dumb now about sending them out. I thought it would help increase my feedback. Like you said I get less than 60% feedback also and it bugs me but if it opens me up to scammers then it is better to have no feedback. The guy responded and asked where to mail it but gave no mention of him paying the return costs. I decided to offer him $3 for his return expenses but if he leaves negative feedback I want to have record that I offered to pay for the return so that Ebay could remove it. Oh well this was a fairly cheap lesson to learn.

Thanks for the advice.

I agree 100% with GBA in this case. Absolutely never send out an email/message like that again. I also receive feedback on well under 60% (I think) edit: going off my sales for just this year so far it looks like I get feedback on about 65% of my transactions. And yeah I don't care. I know it sucks at first though not receiving feedback because it can create issues but I still wouldn't worry too much about it.

For feedback though as a seller I never ever leave feedback first. As a buyer I will absolutely leave feedback first.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah I am feeling pretty dumb now about sending them out. I thought it would help increase my feedback. Like you said I get less than 60% feedback also and it bugs me but if it opens me up to scammers then it is better to have no feedback. The guy responded and asked where to mail it but gave no mention of him paying the return costs. I decided to offer him $3 for his return expenses but if he leaves negative feedback I want to have record that I offered to pay for the return so that Ebay could remove it. Oh well this was a fairly cheap lesson to learn.

Thanks for the advice.[/QUOTE]

Don't feel dumb... in a perfect world, where you weren't being held hostage by eBay and PayPal what you were doing would be considered offering excellent customer service.

I used to have a blurb in all my listings near the end to the effect of:

"I am dedicated to providing excellent customer service and maintaining my 100% positive feedback rating. If you experience any problems with your transaction rest assured I am committed to making things right"

and I removed it when I realized it was a "weclome sign" to scam artists and pain in the ass buyers.

Also remember for whatever reason that if you do not communicate with your buyer, at all, and they go to leave feedback they MUST automatically give you a 5-star for "Communication".

I'm not sure what the executives at eBay where thinking but they decided that no communication means great communication and that is honestly how you get 5 auto stars for the communication category.

If you offer free shipping you automatically get 5 stars for the shipping costs category and if you upload tracking and the package arrives within a certain period of time then you automatically get 5 stars for shipping speed.

[quote name='Navex']I've sold 10 things in the last 2 weeks and only two buyers have left me feedback. What a bunch of inconsiderate *****s. I guess it's too much to ask to take 2 seconds out of your life to be courteous and help a fellow ebayer out. I ship their stuff out asap ,leave them feedback immediately and take extreme care in the packaging of their items, it's the least they can do if only to return the feedback favor. In all honesty I'd prefer to leave them feedback after they leave me it but I know almost no buyer would ever stand to do it that way, I mean damn after the last 2 weeks I can't even get the other 8 to do it and that was with me leaving them it immediately.[/QUOTE]
My advise to you is to send the buyer a message asking him if he could please leave you some feedback.

I usually message them after a week or so of them receiving their package.

I usually say something like this:
" Hi
Could you please leave me some feedback, i would really appreciate it, thank you. "

Works most of the time..

I did have one guy reply back to me in Spanish telling me he was very happy with his purchase and that he would buy from me again. LOL
i didn't even bother telling him anything else, I just thanked him back :lol:

I remember trying to solicit buyer feedback to boost my rating a few times and it bit me in the ass. I sold a Black Ops pt. 1 Hardened Edition without the DLC codes. A few weeks after delivering it, I asked the buyer to give me feedback and he complained to me that I sold him an item that was not as described (expecting the codes - even though I specifically stated the Zombie codes were not included). He went off on me and threatened to report me to eBay and we did so much back and forth that I eventually asked him to stop making me check my emails and to just call me in person so we could air our differences more efficiently.

Boy did I fuck up there. It was my most regrettable experience on eBay to date.

That guy basically cussed me out and try to put me down. I discovered in our phone conversation that his son went on his eBay account and bought my Hardened Edition listing without even reading the description. I was very clear marking it as used and never implied the CE was complete since the DLC was used. The guy expected me to take the item back for a full refund and I told him "I shouldn't be punished for what you should have prevented with your son in the first place. Who's fault is that?" That's when he lost it and took offense that I told him how to raise his son and he called me a bunch of names on the phone. At that point, I responded over eBay message about how I didn't appreciate his cursing and threats over the phone. He responded but was stupid to not deny it in the response. I quickly responded "well you just admitted to everything I described on our previous message and now it's documented on eBay message. Good luck having the eBay claims believe you now. Learn to read and monitor your eBay account better for future use. That's the fault of the buyer - not the seller. End of argument."

He stopped and never responded ever again after that. It was such a pain in the ass of tons of emails and a nasty phone call that lasted 20 minutes that I learned that it is not worth the risk to ask buyers to provide feedback when they opt for non feedback. I got lucky by tricking him into admitting his harrassment on eBay message, but I definitely didn't get the best case scenario. Best case scenario would have been to just deal with the non feedback and move on.

[quote name='Donut2922']I remember trying to solicit buyer feedback to boost my rating a few times and it bit me in the ass. I sold a Black Ops pt. 1 Hardened Edition without the DLC codes. A few weeks after delivering it, I asked the buyer to give me feedback and he complained to me that I sold him an item that was not as described (expecting the codes - even though I specifically stated the Zombie codes were not included). He went off on me and threatened to report me to eBay and we did so much back and forth that I eventually asked him to stop making me check my emails and to just call me in person so we could air our differences more efficiently.

Boy did I fuck up there. It was my most regrettable experience on eBay to date.

That guy basically cussed me out and try to put me down. I discovered in our phone conversation that his son went on his eBay account and bought my Hardened Edition listing without even reading the description. I was very clear marking it as used and never implied the CE was complete since the DLC was used. The guy expected me to take the item back for a full refund and I told him "I shouldn't be punished for what you should have prevented with your son in the first place. Who's fault is that?" That's when he lost it and took offense that I told him how to raise his son and he called me a bunch of names on the phone. At that point, I responded over eBay message about how I didn't appreciate his cursing and threats over the phone. He responded but was stupid to not deny it in the response. I quickly responded "well you just admitted to everything I described on our previous message and now it's documented on eBay message. Good luck having the eBay claims believe you now. Learn to read and monitor your eBay account better for future use. That's the fault of the buyer - not the seller. End of argument."

He stopped and never responded ever again after that. It was such a pain in the ass of tons of emails and a nasty phone call that lasted 20 minutes that I learned that it is not worth the risk to ask buyers to provide feedback when they opt for non feedback. I got lucky by tricking him into admitting his harrassment on eBay message, but I definitely didn't get the best case scenario. Best case scenario would have been to just deal with the non feedback and move on.[/QUOTE]

I got my first ever negative feedback in 15 years on a similar happening just recently. I had a DLC up in August for the St Pierra DLC on Sleeping dogs. Listed it in videogame other. In both the title and the description I list it's for DLC. I even had it in huge 24 front red lettering in the description (for DLC only no Sleeping Dog game included). Some illiterate buys it and a few weeks later I get a warning from ebay about a buyer trying to opening a case of not received on me and to contact them. I do that twice with tracking asking how I can help with no reply back. Then finally get a half written reply about they did receive, but it was an empty case with an insert (aka the DLC) and they wanted the Sleeping Dog game itself. I reply back saying I'm confused as the item wasn't listing in the game section and I listed twice no game is included (plus who the hell expects a newly released game to go for a few $. I didn't write that to him just the comment in my mind). Make long story short no case is ever filed as this fool was probably too stupid to know how to file a SNAD case instead, but a month later like one or two days before I'm safe from feedback he hits me with neg and a stupid comment all in caps "BIG CHEATER SENT ME AN EMPTY CASE!!!" and 1 stars in the 2 cats he can (one of which is communication which ebay set me up on saying to contact him). I report him to feebay as I don't appreciate being called a cheater, but of course it's all my fault the guy is illiterate and it's just an opinion they can't remove. Donut with that guy you delt with. I'd hate to be that kids teacher. Everything is probably the schools fault with those parents of his.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MRW2276']I got my first ever negative feedback in 15 years on a similar happening just recently. I had a DLC up in August for the St Pierra DLC on Sleeping dogs. Listed it in videogame other. In both the title and the description I list it's for DLC. I even had it in huge 24 front red lettering in the description (for DLC only no Sleeping Dog game included). Some illiterate buys it and a few weeks later I get a warning from ebay about a buyer trying to opening a case of not received on me and to contact them. I do that twice with tracking asking how I can help with no reply back. Then finally get a half written reply about they did receive, but it was an empty case with an insert (aka the DLC) and they wanted the Sleeping Dog game itself. I reply back saying I'm confused as the item wasn't listing in the game section and I listed twice no game is included (plus who the hell expects a newly released game to go for a few $. I didn't write that to him just the comment in my mind). Make long story short no case is ever filed as this fool was probably too stupid to know how to file a SNAD case instead, but a month later like one or two days before I'm safe from feedback he hits me with neg and a stupid comment all in caps "BIG CHEATER SENT ME AN EMPTY CASE!!!" and 1 stars in the 2 cats he can (one of which is communication which ebay set me up on saying to contact him). I report him to feebay as I don't appreciate being called a cheater, but of course it's all my fault the guy is illiterate and it's just an opinion they can't remove. Donut with that guy you delt with. I'd hate to be that kids teacher. Everything is probably the schools fault with those parents of his.[/QUOTE]
At least you didn't have to refund him -- That's the important part.

First of all there are enough stupid people and Ebay closing down DLC auctions that it is hardly worth selling unless they have a high return value.

Just post a DLC code on CL and you will understand that stupidity of most people who expect a game when it clearly DLC in caps and NO GAME is posted on the description.

And yes some people here do need to ask for feedback, because of stupid ebay/paypal who freezes your funds until you get feedback or 30 days have elapsed, when you sell a item

God help you if you send something or email a code, and dont have a tracking #, sometimes they skip ebay and just do a chargeback dispute... which cost's you $20 EVEN IF YOU WIN!!!

Well it's fine to ask for feedback... but NEVER ask if there's a problem *shudder*. Just say, Thank's for buying, you will leave feedback once they have.

[quote name='MRW2276']I got my first ever negative feedback in 15 years on a similar happening just recently. I had a DLC up in August for the St Pierra DLC on Sleeping dogs. Listed it in videogame other. In both the title and the description I list it's for DLC. I even had it in huge 24 front red lettering in the description (for DLC only no Sleeping Dog game included). Some illiterate buys it and a few weeks later I get a warning from ebay about a buyer trying to opening a case of not received on me and to contact them. I do that twice with tracking asking how I can help with no reply back. Then finally get a half written reply about they did receive, but it was an empty case with an insert (aka the DLC) and they wanted the Sleeping Dog game itself. I reply back saying I'm confused as the item wasn't listing in the game section and I listed twice no game is included (plus who the hell expects a newly released game to go for a few $. I didn't write that to him just the comment in my mind). Make long story short no case is ever filed as this fool was probably too stupid to know how to file a SNAD case instead, but a month later like one or two days before I'm safe from feedback he hits me with neg and a stupid comment all in caps "BIG CHEATER SENT ME AN EMPTY CASE!!!" and 1 stars in the 2 cats he can (one of which is communication which ebay set me up on saying to contact him). I report him to feebay as I don't appreciate being called a cheater, but of course it's all my fault the guy is illiterate and it's just an opinion they can't remove. Donut with that guy you delt with. I'd hate to be that kids teacher. Everything is probably the schools fault with those parents of his.[/QUOTE]

I just chalk it up to the inherent risk of selling DLC. A good portion of these buyers are soccer moms that couldn't tell you the difference between FPS and 3rd person shooter. They get so confused when you see a GS employee ask them questions about the game they are looking for. They just know the title and that's it. So when they see the game title, they have no clue what DLC means. They have that same purchase mentality - game with correct title? Bam pay up and time to gtfo. They don't care about the details so on occasion you get the customer that wouldn't read the eBay description, just like when they get a used game and wouldn't spend two seconds to inspect the disc condition. It's the same careless mentality that some naive buyers are guilty of.

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']

And yes some people here do need to ask for feedback, because of stupid ebay/paypal who freezes your funds until you get feedback or 30 days have elapsed, when you sell a item[/QUOTE]

There used to be scammers with new accounts listing mutiple copies of games for half retail cost on release week.

On cag somebody linked a listing for Crysis 2 for $30 for mutiple copies on release day. It was pretty obvious these were never gonna be fulfulled as the account had zero history at that point. The guy sold a ton of copies and in all likelihood transferrred his funds before eBay caught on.

[quote name='TiKi2']Lmao @ people asking for feedback. Understandable if your a noob to ebay but if you've been there awhile......[/QUOTE]
It is a big deal if you're a new seller on eBay like me, as they factor everything when it comes to holding funds these days. If I was a buyer I would not care but as I'm just starting out I need those scores. On another note I have now sold 20 items in the last two weeks with a grand total of 4 positive feedbacks to account for that. It's not even so much the lack of numbers as much as it is I hate the general laziness of people behind it.

[quote name='Navex']It is a big deal if you're a new seller on eBay like me, as they factor everything when it comes to holding funds these days. If I was a buyer I would not care but as I'm just starting out I need those scores. On another note I have now sold 20 items in the last two weeks with a grand total of 4 positive feedbacks to account for that. It's not even so much the lack of numbers as much as it is I hate the general laziness of people behind it.[/QUOTE]

You did read the part where he said its ok if your a new seller right?
You just said if you were the buyer you wouldn't care.... well they are the buyers and they dont care.

I'm selling my disc only copy of Xenoblade Chronicles on eBay. The only copy of this game I could find in my state was disc only (although not a single scratch), and considering how rare it is and I had 25% off coupon at GameStop, I picked it up.

Anyway, I got the following message from a zero feedback eBay user:
How do people manage to lose/trash cases and manuals for games? Especially sought after titles such as this? It's appalling. There isn't anything more annoying to me than disc only games.

No offense, good luck with your auction.
UGH. If it annoys you so much, why are you clicking on an auction with the title "DISC ONLY" and that has a photo of just a game disc? I'm so tempted to sarcastically respond to this little douche with GameStop's corporate phone number. But I'll just block him and be done with it. At least he said "no offense", right?

[quote name='Taren Fox']I'm selling my disc only copy of Xenoblade Chronicles on eBay. The only copy of this game I could find in my state was disc only (although not a single scratch), and considering how rare it is and I had 25% off coupon at GameStop, I picked it up.

UGH. If it annoys you so much, why are you clicking on an auction with the title "DISC ONLY" and that has a photo of just a game disc? I'm so tempted to sarcastically respond to this little douche with GameStop's corporate phone number. But I'll just block him and be done with it. At least he said "no offense", right?[/QUOTE]

Haha... I would have replied to them with a snarky comment. lol

I got a message from someone today for a loose action figure I'm selling, but the guy is in Singapore, and I set the shipping to auto-calculate depending on the country. Toolbag sends me a message: "Hi. I would buy this item right now if shipping wasn't $16." Sorry guy, I don't make the shipping costs that high, so rant to USPS, not me. The figure itself isn't worth much more than that. Why would I pay him to take it off my hands, essentially? People are fucking morons. Makes me remember why I stopped selling on eBay in the first place, but if I didn't need to get rid of this stuff, I wouldn't be bothered to do so.

[quote name='Taren Fox']I'm selling my disc only copy of Xenoblade Chronicles on eBay. The only copy of this game I could find in my state was disc only (although not a single scratch), and considering how rare it is and I had 25% off coupon at GameStop, I picked it up.

UGH. If it annoys you so much, why are you clicking on an auction with the title "DISC ONLY" and that has a photo of just a game disc? I'm so tempted to sarcastically respond to this little douche with GameStop's corporate phone number. But I'll just block him and be done with it. At least he said "no offense", right?[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it. Some people just have too much time on their hands.

On of my pet peeves is when someone lists an item and then in the description all it says is:

"Posted with eBay Mobile"

At least take 30 seconds to write something.... anything...

People love to complain, when I get stupid messages from buyers like that I just ignore and block them. A couple of months ago I was selling a Platinum Hits game for $25 shipped and got a message from someone saying "just so you know, the retail price on platinum hits games are $19.99" Or when I was selling some PS2 demo discs that I got for free in the mail from Sony and someone sent me a message saying they were free items and I was ripping off people by trying to sell them

Edit, I was going through some more messages I got over the years:

Someone asking if I would take trades
Someone else asking $10 shipped for a game I had listed for $15 then asked if I will refund if the game arrvives and doesn't play

I think I mentioned this one earlier in the thread but that was for a rock band game listed for under $20 shipped
"Im buying this for my son and dont know much about video games. Does it come with two guitars,drums and mic. or is it just the video game itself?

And another one

"hi
I was wondering if I could win it now and pay it down over time from my Unemployment and disability checks I get paid every two weeks and my SSI comes on the third. This item is hard to find and it would be easier on me if you could accommodated me knowing item wont be received until full payment is met."

Some time ago I had something listed for $250 in the descriptions I said "Open to Offers" , dude from Israel offers me $15 shipped. I said sure thing.

It was a video game prop I made. I only put accepting offers in the description cause I wanted to see what people wrote me. I was about to take it off and put it on etsy that's why i told the guy sure thing.

Not ebay rant but amazon. I just got this email. This email makes no fucken sense to me, the part about new not new just released. It's for a cheapy ps1 title .

"hello, is this game a green label on the side or a black label on the side? is
the sony security strip sealed on the edge and under the original factory
plastic? any cracks at all anywhere on the case? some sellers are selling games
New that are just resealed and not New at all or have cracks and damage on them"

[quote name='TiKi2']It was a video game prop I made. I only put accepting offers in the description cause I wanted to see what people wrote me. I was about to take it off and put it on etsy that's why i told the guy sure thing.

Not ebay rant but amazon. I just got this email. This email makes no fucken sense to me, the part about new not new just released. It's for a cheapy ps1 title .

"hello, is this game a green label on the side or a black label on the side? is
the sony security strip sealed on the edge and under the original factory
plastic? any cracks at all anywhere on the case? some sellers are selling games
New that are just resealed and not New at all or have cracks and damage on them"[/QUOTE]

He's inquiring whether it's as actually factory sealed. And asking if it's an original copy or a reissue. And the condition of the casing.

He's just wording it atrociously.

[quote name='TiKi2']Reissue ps1? You mean greatest hits? Do even they make anymore ps1 games?[/QUOTE]

Yea. :razz: I'm not up to date on my PS1 knowledge. Heh.

I'm selling my copy of Xenoblade for $100 on eBay. Some knucklehead messaged me asking me to sell it to him privately for $60, free shipping. He then posted a link to an auction from early November saying "See, this is what the game is *really* selling for". Damn scammers. I'm starting to dislike eBay, as a seller.

[quote name='Taren Fox']I'm selling my copy of Xenoblade for $100 on eBay. Some knucklehead messaged me asking me to sell it to him privately for $60, free shipping. He then posted a link to an auction from early November saying "See, this is what the game is *really* selling for". Damn scammers. I'm starting to dislike eBay, as a seller.[/QUOTE]

That type of stuff is peanuts compared to what can go wrong after selling the item. Most transactions go fine, but eventually it seems like everyone runs into a scammer of some sort (say, someone returning a different item back to you than what you sent... and then leaving bad feedback to boot).

[quote name='Taren Fox']I'm selling my copy of Xenoblade for $100 on eBay. Some knucklehead messaged me asking me to sell it to him privately for $60, free shipping. He then posted a link to an auction from early November saying "See, this is what the game is *really* selling for". Damn scammers. I'm starting to dislike eBay, as a seller.[/QUOTE]

lmao... Sounds like a user here on CAG, he offered me $60 for my 999 promo watch acting stupid like he didn't know they were selling for at the time for around $150-$200 new. His excuse was that's how much he almost won it for, he's going wish he did.

The problem with ebay is the scalpers and resellers who think their crap is gold and price it as such, this show won't make much of a difference, if anything it'll just help the bubble burst faster. Of course, it doesn't help that eBay allows sellers to keep their overpriced listings up in perpetuity, with no incentive to lower their price, that's why you see so many overpriced listings for crap, they're just resellers fishing for a mark who doesn't know any better.

It just takes a couple of imbeciles with an ebay account to make everyone an imbecile. Before you know it you can sell someone a piece of toast in the shape of Jesus Christ and ebay will create a market for it.

Resellers have ruined ebay. People price gouge items on there when the product can be bought for MSRP retail still. Perfect example is the Zelda book. It was selling at a scalper premium while you could still buy it for retail price. Of course that's over now.

As much as people hate ebay to sell their stuff, I doubt many would consider selling to a CHEAP ass gamer here..

Ebay buyers may try to ask for a lower amount, but it hasn't come close to some of the CAg'ers who looking to buy stuff. Take Ebay over a CAG'er here anyday

I get this sometimes. People message me semi-insulting for wanting to sell something at a certain price, and then follow it up by asking if I can do them a favor by selling it to them for what would be a loss to me. Like really, where do people learn to interact nowadays?

[quote name='edson13']Like really, where do people learn to interact nowadays?[/QUOTE]

After watching that Extreme Cheapskates show and seeing a guy trying to negotiate the price at a Burger King drive through, I'm not surprised by this kind of thing on eBay.

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']As much as people hate ebay to sell their stuff, I doubt many would consider selling to a CHEAP ass gamer here..

Ebay buyers may try to ask for a lower amount, but it hasn't come close to some of the CAg'ers who looking to buy stuff. Take Ebay over a CAG'er here anyday[/QUOTE]

To add to that, it's probably similar to Craigslist. The only reason I'd sell in CAG is to help another CAGer out. Not to mention CAGers can kinda figure out where you got certain items. Like OH you got it from that sale right? At least on eBay they playing field tends to be with sellers who overprice their crap and people buy it because they consider eBay a literal online store.

[quote name='GBAstar']On of my pet peeves is when someone lists an item and then in the description all it says is:

"Posted with eBay Mobile"

At least take 30 seconds to write something.... anything...[/QUOTE]

When people sell something and they don't take the effort to write a good description, that is telling me they don't have a interest in selling their product. Whats ridiculous is when some sellers don't even take proper pics, instead they take a pixelated mess in a dark lit room where you can't even see the product and call it a day.

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']As much as people hate ebay to sell their stuff, I doubt many would consider selling to a CHEAP ass gamer here..

Ebay buyers may try to ask for a lower amount, but it hasn't come close to some of the CAg'ers who looking to buy stuff. Take Ebay over a CAG'er here anyday[/QUOTE]

Up to this point I don't think I've agreed with a single thing you've posted on CAG but I whole heartedly agree with this.

I love the community. Would do what I could to help out a poster but I try to avoid listing things for sale on here. I'll trade; I'll buy; But I do not like selling on CAG.

I bought Nintendo Land for $16.50 including shipping. It was a bit under what it has been selling for, so I thought I got lucky. Then the next day I get my payment refunded with a note saying Sorry I lost it. I kinda think it got "lost" because it didn't sell for as much as seanmcbay
s.gif
wanted :(

[quote name='blindinglights']After watching that Extreme Cheapskates show and seeing a guy trying to negotiate the price at a Burger King drive through, I'm not surprised by this kind of thing on eBay.[/QUOTE]

That's nothing compared to the guy who asked random people for their leftover food at a restaurant after he was done eating, and his wife was at the table too.

I know this stuff is probably staged and yes I am an extremely cheap person but I would NEVER think of doing something like that ever, there is a difference between cheap and frugal....

As far as ebay goes people are sending me offers all the time which is extremely annoying, but my items still sell for their asking prices...

[quote name='YoshiFan1']People love to complain, when I get stupid messages from buyers like that I just ignore and block them. A couple of months ago I was selling a Platinum Hits game for $25 shipped and got a message from someone saying "just so you know, the retail price on platinum hits games are $19.99" Or when I was selling some PS2 demo discs that I got for free in the mail from Sony and someone sent me a message saying they were free items and I was ripping off people by trying to sell them

Edit, I was going through some more messages I got over the years:

Someone asking if I would take trades
Someone else asking $10 shipped for a game I had listed for $15 then asked if I will refund if the game arrvives and doesn't play

"[/QUOTE]

POT MEETS THE KETTLE.... ( not directed at you per say )

I posted some stuff on the sell forum at CAG and imagine that... it feels just like ebay but WORST.

So how did it feel dealing with basically a possible CAG'er?

[quote name='needler420']The problem with ebay is the scalpers and resellers who think their crap is gold and price it as such, this show won't make much of a difference, if anything it'll just help the bubble burst faster. Of course, it doesn't help that eBay allows sellers to keep their overpriced listings up in perpetuity, with no incentive to lower their price, that's why you see so many overpriced listings for crap, they're just resellers fishing for a mark who doesn't know any better.

It just takes a couple of imbeciles with an ebay account to make everyone an imbecile. Before you know it you can sell someone a piece of toast in the shape of Jesus Christ and ebay will create a market for it.

Resellers have ruined ebay. People price gouge items on there when the product can be bought for MSRP retail still. Perfect example is the Zelda book. It was selling at a scalper premium while you could still buy it for retail price. Of course that's over now.[/QUOTE]

It's a free market dude. And if you are the rightful owner of something you could choose whatever price you wish to sell it at. No one is forcing you to buy/sell anything. Anyways if it's priced too high then it doesn't sell, that's how a free market works.

I'd sell here over Ebay any day. People know what stuff is worth, and for the most part aren't going to try to rip you off. Sure you get a bit less, but you aren't paying fees, and you can ensure that there isn't going to be any issues by communicating with the person, so in the long run it absolutely evens out.

These are always a personal favorite (Keep in mind buyer paid Saturday evening):

I do not even have a shipping # and it has been two days since I bought it...I am wondering what is going on because I am hoping to have it for a birthday and it is not even shipped yet...

Let's remember that most sellers don't ship Saturday's (I do; but her purchase was made well after the post office closed), Sunday the post office is ALWAYS closed and today is a Federal Holiday (i.e. Post Office closed).

One of my items just sold. The buyer only has 3 feedback, his latest feedback was way back in 2010. I clearly listed that the buyer must have at least 10 feedback but I guess he didn't listen. Can I refund his money? Will I be charged for ebay/paypal fees? Can he leave me negative feedback? Or should I just ship the item?

[quote name='209chromatic']One of my items just sold. The buyer only has 3 feedback, his latest feedback was way back in 2010. I clearly listed that the buyer must have at least 10 feedback but I guess he didn't listen. Can I refund his money? Will I be charged for ebay/paypal fees? Can he leave me negative feedback? Or should I just ship the item?[/QUOTE]

What did you sell?

I would personally sell the item. I do a lot of zero feedback sales and don't have problems but you need to be comfortable with the decision.

If he has already paid he will be able to leave feedback no matter what.

You can refund him but you will only get your eBay fees back if he agrees to a mutual cancellation request for that transaction (you can open one after refunded him). If he does not agree you will be out your fees.

Even if he does agree he still can leave negative feedback.

I have a Disc only copy of Dark Cloud 2 up, and on Friday I had someone message me asking if I would take $1.50 shipped for it as a disc only game is virtually trash.

bread's done
Back