The General eBay Rant Thread

[quote name='Lemstar']There's an option to make people pay immediately when they BIN if you list using the advanced tool.[/QUOTE]

You have to have an upgraded Paypal account though.

[quote name='62t']what if the auction end up going for more than the BIN?[/QUOTE]

As a seller this has happened to me before, someone bids on my auction, the BIN gets removed, the item ends up going for significantly more than my BIN price...

Instead the buyer could have just taken the BIN price and saved money

[quote name='SaraAB']As a seller this has happened to me before, someone bids on my auction, the BIN gets removed, the item ends up going for significantly more than my BIN price...

Instead the buyer could have just taken the BIN price and saved money[/QUOTE]

Yeah, earlier this month I sold a Like New Halo 4 like that for $41 after shipping, BIN had been $32. NEW there were listing's for $35

[quote name='SaraAB']As a seller this has happened to me before, someone bids on my auction, the BIN gets removed, the item ends up going for significantly more than my BIN price...

Instead the buyer could have just taken the BIN price and saved money[/QUOTE]
Happened to me once as a buyer. I didn't want to pay the extra 5 dollars, so I didn't use buy it now, and just bid regularly. It ended up selling for 25 dollars over the BIN price. Still kicking myself over that.

People get competitive last minute, even the last minute snipers. I used to get some rude messages before they started scrambling the user ID's.

I tend to snipe auctions in the last few seconds, but I always check BIN prices first. I'm always surprised when stuff goes $10+ over BIN prices, especially when the BIN options are complete with good pictures.

Anyway, I have rant to add... I think I've had bids artificially raised on me by sellers with alternate accounts a couple times in the past few weeks. Seems odd that an account comes along with zero feedback just a couple hours before the end time and manually enters the minimum required bid 3-5 times, then never bids on it again even when the price is still lower than other auctions. Add in there that it always happens on auctions that are for less popular items, and the seller has obviously started the price too low to clear a profit, and it just seems sketchy.

[quote name='blindinglights']Anyway, I have rant to add... I think I've had bids artificially raised on me by sellers with alternate accounts a couple times in the past few weeks. Seems odd that an account comes along with zero feedback just a couple hours before the end time and manually enters the minimum required bid 3-5 times, then never bids on it again even when the price is still lower than other auctions. Add in there that it always happens on auctions that are for less popular items, and the seller has obviously started the price too low to clear a profit, and it just seems sketchy.[/QUOTE]
I've always wondered how Ebay deals with those kind of situations (if it was real), though I'm assuming they just look the other way, as it would be too much trouble (if not impossible) to enforce.

So I sold an item and the buyer has paid and sent me a message asking me to ship to a different address. I obviously won't be shipping to the diffrent address he sent me, only the address that is in his paypal. I am trying to contact him but he won't respond. Should I ship the item or do a refund?

[quote name='209chromatic']So I sold an item and the buyer has paid and sent me a message asking me to ship to a different address. I obviously won't be shipping to the diffrent address he sent me, only the address that is in his paypal. I am trying to contact him but he won't respond. Should I ship the item or do a refund?[/QUOTE]

Do NOT ship to the alternative address. Explain to him that PayPal and eBay do not allow you to alter the address and it must go to what is on the PayPal invoice. Inform him that if he would like it shipped elsewhere that you can refund him and he can then resubmit the payment.

[quote name='GBAstar']Do NOT ship to the alternative address. Explain to him that PayPal and eBay do not allow you to alter the address and it must go to what is on the PayPal invoice. Inform him that if he would like it shipped elsewhere that you can refund him and he can then resubmit the payment.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply.
I went ahead and did a refund and asked him to change/ add the address so I can ship. I think he is just trying to scam me, his Paypal name/email is listed as "none". Can I relist the item or do I have to wait for him to respond?

The guy is finally responding, he wants the item shipped to the verified paypal address. I already refunded his money. He is trying to resubmit the payment but says he keeps getting errors.

[quote name='209chromatic']The guy is finally responding, he wants the item shipped to the verified paypal address. I already refunded his money. He is trying to resubmit the payment but says he keeps getting errors.[/QUOTE]

You can send an invoice (sometimes that option isn't available if it was a Buy-It-Now (BIN) Immediate Payment Required (IPR) listing).

If you two can't figure that out just go to the "awaiting payment" section of "my eBay" and click on the transaction and go to "open unpaid item / cancellation request" option.

Once there you will be able to open a cancellation request (let your buyer know you are doing this). Once he approves the request (hopefully he does) you will get a credit for your Final Value Fees (not listing fees).

Once approved you can relist the item and he can purchase it again.

[quote name='GBAstar']You can send an invoice (sometimes that option isn't available if it was a Buy-It-Now (BIN) Immediate Payment Required (IPR) listing).

If you two can't figure that out just go to the "awaiting payment" section of "my eBay" and click on the transaction and go to "open unpaid item / cancellation request" option.

Once there you will be able to open a cancellation request (let your buyer know you are doing this). Once he approves the request (hopefully he does) you will get a credit for your Final Value Fees (not listing fees).

Once approved you can relist the item and he can purchase it again.[/QUOTE]
This is exactly what I did, got final value fee credit relisted and he bought and paid. He agreed and I am shipping to his his verified Paypal address with signature confirmation. I should be fine, right?

Yeah as fine as you can be.

It doesn't matter if the address is verified or not just that it is eligible for seller protection. Almost all transaction will be eligible and you can always check by looking at the paypal invoice you receive in your e-mail inbox. It is in the top third of that on the left side.

Signature confirmation is necessary on any purchase of $250 or more (including shipping costs). If the total price was less then that all it provides is peace of mind.

Shipping to the address on the PayPal invoice protects you against an INR claim as long as the item shows delivered to the city and zip code on the PayPal invoice and it also protects you against an unauthorized use claim if the buyer later files a chargeback.

Unfortunately you never have protection against a buyer filing a SNAD (Significantly Not as Described) claim.

Ugh here's my rant. I had a new eBayer buy a Bluetooth headset from me that was new and sealed in a clamshell style package. They received it and complained that it was open, dirty and didn't work.

I check the other items they bid on and sure enough they bought a broken version of the same Bluetooth for 1/8th the price not long after mine. Then I check them on badbuyerlist.org and sure enough they have 8 scams reported on there under three different eBay names, all of which are no longer active.

So then I call eBay, explain everything and they agree it is a scam, advise me to send the person a polite email saying perhaps they were confused with buying two of the same Bluetooth which one they were having problems with, and that after I sent that message not to communicate further. They also told me they would remove any negative feedback, low DSRs and not allow a item not as described claim.

Happy with the resolution I do everything they say then what do I get today? A Paypal claim from her, call Paypal and eBay and they have taken a complete 180 since the last time I talked to them and claim no one who works there would say anything like what they told me last time I called (essentially calling me a liar.)

I just filed a Police Report on the buyer, which I forwarded to Paypal as part of the case, and sent the buyer a message informing them if they return a different item than what they purchased it will constitute mail fraud which is a Federal Offense. Still awaiting their response we will see if they back off but I don't have high hopes of Paypal resolving this well.

I think in the future I'm going to start recording my phone calls with ebay as a similar thing happened in November of them changing their story after the fact.

I also had to file a police report a few weeks ago ( I was the buyer). I bought a phone and only thing I recieved was a box with packaging material, the box had already been opened from one side. The seller did insure and did signature confirmation, I really had no hope of getting my $400 back. At first I opened a case and won, she appealed and they gave her the money. This is when they told me to file a police report and fax it which I did, few days ago I got my money back.

[quote name='209chromatic']This is exactly what I did, got final value fee credit relisted and he bought and paid. He agreed and I am shipping to his his verified Paypal address with signature confirmation. I should be fine, right?[/QUOTE]

Signature Confirmation with USPS is utterly useless if they're not at home when USPS tries to deliver. Whenever I use it and they're not home and they have to pick it up from the local post office, USPS never gets their signature and never updates the tracking information. It's a fucking waste of $2.xx. Luckily I have yet to have it bite me in the ass with a buyer claiming they never got the item after the attempted delivery. It probably makes more sense to just ship it with DC then insure it instead.

[quote name='GBAstar']Yeah as fine as you can be.

It doesn't matter if the address is verified or not just that it is eligible for seller protection. Almost all transaction will be eligible and you can always check by looking at the paypal invoice you receive in your e-mail inbox. It is in the top third of that on the left side.

Signature confirmation is necessary on any purchase of $250 or more (including shipping costs). If the total price was less then that all it provides is peace of mind.

Shipping to the address on the PayPal invoice protects you against an INR claim as long as the item shows delivered to the city and zip code on the PayPal invoice and it also protects you against an unauthorized use claim if the buyer later files a chargeback.

Unfortunately you never have protection against a buyer filing a SNAD (Significantly Not as Described) claim.[/QUOTE]

I thought delivery confirmation doesn't prove against an unauthorized chargeback? Isn't the idea that the funds were "stolen" from another user and therefore not a valid purchase anyway?

Well, here's my rant: :lol:

After 5 years of not selling on eBay, I decide to try on just one item, an old phone. I opened up another Paypal account and get everything set up. After selling the item for $62, I sent it out next day. No issues. Little did I know a complete idiot would buy the phone. I stated in my description that the phone had an ICS ROM on it (not stock), but I would restore it if needed. He didn't want it restored, so I just sent it to him. Now he emails me an says he wants a refund because he apparently went to Sprint, and they said the phone couldn't be activated without being "hacked". (He's an idiot, English is not his strong suit.)

At this point, I know exactly what will happen. He will file a dispute and I will contest it. Even though I broke no laws or rules, he's going to win because he bought an item that he doesn't know how to use properly. eBay will then drop my PayPal account to a negative balance (I pulled the money out immediately after getting it). I will then (once again) delete my eBay and Paypal accounts. Only this time, I definitely won't be giving them another chance. And they will never ever get the $62 I owe them.

*Sigh* Why me?

Well, that's a first. Most of my other buyers use PayPal, but one of my latest buyers used an e-check. Never had one before.

[quote name='Donut2922']I thought delivery confirmation doesn't prove against an unauthorized chargeback? Isn't the idea that the funds were "stolen" from another user and therefore not a valid purchase anyway?[/QUOTE]

As long as you ship the item to the address on the paypal invoice you'll win an unauthorized use chargeback; it doesn't even need to be delivered.

PROOF OF SHIPMENT is all you need. The specific clause is the PayPal user agreement that references this is section 11.3C.

Typically a tracking number that shows the item was accepted by USPS is enough but often to speed up the process they would like the shipping label receipt scanned in (the one that accompanies the label when you print through eBay that shows the DC number and address).

Well, here's my rant:

After 5 years of not selling on eBay, I decide to try on just one item, an old phone. I opened up another Paypal account and get everything set up. After selling the item for $62, I sent it out next day. No issues. Little did I know a complete idiot would buy the phone. I stated in my description that the phone had an ICS ROM on it (not stock), but I would restore it if needed. He didn't want it restored, so I just sent it to him. Now he emails me an says he wants a refund because he apparently went to Sprint, and they said the phone couldn't be activated without being "hacked". (He's an idiot, English is not his strong suit.)

At this point, I know exactly what will happen. He will file a dispute and I will contest it. Even though I broke no laws or rules, he's going to win because he bought an item that he doesn't know how to use properly. eBay will then drop my PayPal account to a negative balance (I pulled the money out immediately after getting it). I will then (once again) delete my eBay and Paypal accounts. Only this time, I definitely won't be giving them another chance. And they will never ever get the $62 I owe them.

*Sigh* Why me?

Yeah I had a buyer purchase one of the NECA Ezio Gauntlet's off me for about $100. They replied a few days after delivery that it was there son who purchased it, and he did so by using ALL his birthday money (they were trying to sob story angle). They said he took it out of the box and was playing with it and the dagger part broke and now they want me to either issue a full refund of send a replacement.

And I'm thinking what person takes something like that and gives it to a kid to play with after spending $100+. I'm not sure if they're being serious or if maybe it's a collector that wanted one in better condition and is going to try and give me their broken/damaged one in return.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Well, here's my rant: :lol:

*Sigh* Why me?[/QUOTE]

Honestly... You were asking for trouble with the old phone. Or anything electronic for that matter. Even video games can be dicey. Unless you're a business that can take a hit on the abuse, it's not worth it. Probably better just to sell your old electronics to gazelle and be done with it, rather than risk all of the scammers on eBay or shady CL transactions.

And they CAN get that $62 via a collection agency. Will they pursue it? Who knows. But don't think you're walking away free and clear necessarily.

So how would you guys respond to this buyer?

As I mentioned earlier I sold a NECA Assassin's Creed Replica Ezio Gauntlet (Gamestop Exclusive) to someone for just about $100 and they paid for Priority Shipping which put their total cost at about $115.

The box was sealed with tape the same way it was when I originally purchased it new.

Here is the message I received a few days after the buyer received it:

Dear [Me],

My son was thrilled that the Assassin's Creed Replica Gauntlet arrived on time today, as promised. Thank you for that. However, within the first few minutes of him having it strapped on his arm, on the third button press, the blade came out and flew across the room. It is completely broken.

He spent his entire birthday money on this gift. May we either have another gauntlet or get his money back? He's pretty crushed right now.

Thank you for your consideration,
[seller's name]
March 2, 2013

Now the seller only has one fb (the one I left them after they paid) and I also noticed that they changed their username in the last two or three days.

I was well aware of the quality problems, mostly because people thought these were supposed to be fully functional gauntlets instead of collectible prop replicas like NECA intended.

Now the packaging says 17 & up so I don't know why someone, let alone a kid, would spend over $100 to get one of these but I'm a little upset that I'm going to take the heat for someone using something other then how it was intended.

I think my only real option is to explain to the buyer that these weren't intended to be used as toys, and that I am not willing to send out a replacement as most likely that will break under the same type of use so her only option is to return for refund (minus shipping costs) or she can contact NECA or Gamestop directly if she is at all interested in getting a replacement.

What do you think? I can take a negative and low DSR scores; I'm not worried about that I just know I'll be lucky to half of what I sold this for for one that is used (open box) and broken.

[quote name='GBAstar']So how would you guys respond to this buyer?

As I mentioned earlier I sold a NECA Assassin's Creed Replica Ezio Gauntlet (Gamestop Exclusive) to someone for just about $100 and they paid for Priority Shipping which put their total cost at about $115.

The box was sealed with tape the same way it was when I originally purchased it new.

Dear [Me],

My son was thrilled that the Assassin's Creed Replica Gauntlet arrived on time today, as promised. Thank you for that. However, within the first few minutes of him having it strapped on his arm, on the third button press, the blade came out and flew across the room. It is completely broken.

He spent his entire birthday money on this gift. May we either have another gauntlet or get his money back? He's pretty crushed right now.

[seller's name]
March 2, 2013

Now the seller only has one fb (the one I left them after they paid) and I also noticed that they changed their username in the last two or three days.

I was well aware of the quality problems, mostly because people thought these were supposed to be fully functional gauntlets instead of collectible prop replicas like NECA intended.

Now the packaging says 17 & up so I don't know why someone, let alone a kid, would spend over $100 to get one of these but I'm a little upset that I'm going to take the heat for someone using something other then how it was intended.

I think my only real option is to explain to the buyer that these weren't intended to be used as toys, and that I am not willing to send out a replacement as most likely that will break under the same type of use so her only option is to return for refund (minus shipping costs) or she can contact NECA or Gamestop directly if she is at all interested in getting a replacement.

What do you think? I can take a negative and low DSR scores; I'm not worried about that I just know I'll be lucky to half of what I sold this for for one that is used (open box) and broken.[/QUOTE]
I would just eat the loss and fight it if they try to file a claim with eBay. Buyer clearly admitted that they broke the item, which is not the fault of the seller. You already upheld your end of the contract by delivering the item as described and on time.

[quote name='htz']I would just eat the loss and fight it if they try to file a claim with eBay. Buyer clearly admitted that they broke the item, which is not the fault of the seller. You already upheld your end of the contract by delivering the item as described and on time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I was thinking. It's possible the buyer is being honest, I mean if you read the reviews one of the common complaints is that the dagger breaks off and literally shoots out of the gauntlet...

But it's also possible that they are fishing for a partial refund OR previously purchased one and want to exchange their broken one for the new one they just purchased from me.

I still can't fathom a little kid spending their birthday money on something like this. I clearly priced it to attract collectors; not little kids looking for a toy.

I have a lot of cushion in my DSR's and FB and can absorb a negative and/or low scores.

I think I'm just going to give them Gamestop and NECA's contact information and then they can decide if they are going to file a claim or drop it.

So eBay now suspends sellers who accidentally post the same item twice. It started a while ago, but I hadn't heard about it until last week.

It makes sense for the sellers who abuse the system and list the exact same hdmi cable 43 times. My father has someone list items for him over the course of a week. Late last week some duplicates of items from earlier in the week got mixed into a batch.

Does it warn you that a listing is a duplicate? I know many things are flagged, but wasn't sure if this was one of them.

For the record, my father has the technical savvy of a chimpanzee and just gets angry and frustrated when I ask him questions about how he got banned. Getting that information out of him was difficult. He'll snap at me with an "I DON'T KNOW" when I ask specifics. He's a delightful fellow.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Well, here's my rant: :lol:

*Sigh* Why me?[/QUOTE]

If he disputes just offer full refund once item is returned. Getting back what you sent is a different story.

[quote name='paddlefoot']So eBay now suspends sellers who accidentally post the same item twice. It started a while ago, but I hadn't heard about it until last week.

It makes sense for the sellers who abuse the system and list the exact same hdmi cable 43 times. My father has someone list items for him over the course of a week. Late last week some duplicates of items from earlier in the week got mixed into a batch.

Does it warn you that a listing is a duplicate? I know many things are flagged, but wasn't sure if this was one of them.

For the record, my father has the technical savvy of a chimpanzee and just gets angry and frustrated when I ask him questions about how he got banned. Getting that information out of him was difficult. He'll snap at me with an "I DON'T KNOW" when I ask specifics. He's a delightful fellow.[/QUOTE]

That's what happens when a site is loaded with cheap chinese shit.
I wanted to post duplicate items because I had 2 I wanted to end on a different day, what I did was just change the title. All I had to do was delete a few letters.

[quote name='TiKi2']If he disputes just offer full refund once item is returned. Getting back what you sent is a different story.[/QUOTE]
make sure that you mention that the refund is dependent on the same serial number/ESN/whatever being returned. even if you don't have records this will scare off some scammers.

[quote name='TiKi2']If he disputes just offer full refund once item is returned. Getting back what you sent is a different story.[/QUOTE]

I'm a broke college student. I sold the phone to pay bills. Until I get my taxes back, there won't be any money for a refund. And to be honest, if they side with her, I'll hate eBay so much that I'll probably just leave my Paypal account in the negative forever. I really don't give two shits about the small hit on my credit score.

Also, by the messages I've sent to this woman, she's legitimately a moron. I don't think she's smart enough to try a swap. But then again, she'll probably try it and send me back something completely different than what I sent her. :/

I have a case open now (my first ever), but I just know they're going to side with her. They always do. And to top it all off, I can't even leave her negative feedback.

[quote name='GBAstar']So how would you guys respond to this buyer?[/QUOTE]

The buyer stated they broke the item. Tell them they can buy a new one from somewhere else. They deserve nothing from you.

[quote name='blindinglights']The buyer stated they broke the item. Tell them they can buy a new one from somewhere else. They deserve nothing from you.[/QUOTE]

this seems like the right answer to me.

Some people shouldn't be allowed on ebay. I sold an old toy to some guy in California, it went for more than I expected. Anyways that sale was at the end of January and I just got an message last week from him stating that the toy does not work and he wants his money back. I replied I'll refund him once I get back my item. Just checked my messages today and he says he is in Kazakhstan so he can't ship it back and want's half a refund back. I don't want to give him anything and I have never had a problem with a return before so I don't know if he'll be successful with opening a claim. Quick question, I'm about to put a guitar hero game with it's retail box for sale. Can I just wrap the box in serran wrap to ship it out via usps?

[quote name='GBAstar']So how would you guys respond to this buyer?

Dear [Me],

[seller's name]
March 2, 2013

What do you think? I can take a negative and low DSR scores; I'm not worried about that I just know I'll be lucky to half of what I sold this for for one that is used (open box) and broken.[/QUOTE]

Well what works out in your favor is that should it become a case dispute, eBay can view all messages communicated between buyer and seller. The fact that the buyer admitted to breaking the item himself means he has no leg to stand on. You delivered the item and it arrived in the condition advertised. These were all explicitly acknowledged by the buyer himself.

For other sellers out there, getting the buyer to acknowledge these facts are key so it would be wise to get them to admit it somehow. I scared off a buyer one time that threatened to open a case on eBay and he eventually dropped his threat because I had pointed out his admittance over eBay messaging. He was willing to open a case to spite me because we got into a heated discussion over the phone at one point. I tricked him into admitting his fault and told him to basically screw off after that.

GBA - I would tell him he has an issue with the manufacturer and not the distributor. As such, your offer to help him get a replacement by getting in touch with the company is sufficient enough. I suppose NECA may send one to you directly in which your buyer should be willing to pay for the shipping charges (return and new parcel fulfillment end).

[quote name='trollape74']Quick question, I'm about to put a guitar hero game with it's retail box for sale. Can I just wrap the box in serran wrap to ship it out via usps?[/QUOTE]
This is more of a question of "Should I" rather than "Can I", as I'm pretty sure you can just tape the shipping label straight on the retail box and it would ship out.

However, I would be worried about shipping that out with its box showing so to speak. I sold a few retail GH bundles (which I'm assuming you are talking about, not just the GH game), and I shipped them packed in another box of slightly larger size. This not only provides some extra protection during shipment (if your buyer complains about a damaged box), but also is less tempting for the porch package thieves (however real or prevalent they are), as unless the buyer is home or you select signature confirmation, it will sit outside for a period of time.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']This is more of a question of "Should I" rather than "Can I", as I'm pretty sure you can just tape the shipping label straight on the retail box and it would ship out.

However, I would be worried about shipping that out with its box showing so to speak. I sold a few retail GH bundles (which I'm assuming you are talking about, not just the GH game), and I shipped them packed in another box of slightly larger size. This not only provides some extra protection during shipment (if your buyer complains about a damaged box), but also is less tempting for the porch package thieves (however real or prevalent they are), as unless the buyer is home or you select signature confirmation, it will sit outside for a period of time.[/QUOTE]
I am talking about the box with the guitar. I guess I'll search for a box at office depot or something. I also read about wrapping it in brown packing paper. Thanks for help, really helped me out!

[quote name='trollape74']I am talking about the box with the guitar. I guess I'll search for a box at office depot or something. I also read about wrapping it in brown packing paper. Thanks for help, really helped me out![/QUOTE]
Yeah, the brown packing paper is a good middle ground, you can get those easily at most stores, especially Office Depot.

Ugh, someone bought something from me on eBay, then after a week of not paying me, they say they didn't realize that if I accepted their best offer, the item would automatically sell. So I file a non paying bidder claim against this fool, and he messages me back asking me why I did that! Should I just ignore him at this point and wait for the dispute to resolve itself? If I do, will eBay still allow him to leave negative feedback?

[quote name='Access_Denied']I'm a broke college student. I sold the phone to pay bills. Until I get my taxes back, there won't be any money for a refund. And to be honest, if they side with her, I'll hate eBay so much that I'll probably just leave my Paypal account in the negative forever. I really don't give two shits about the small hit on my credit score.

Also, by the messages I've sent to this woman, she's legitimately a moron. I don't think she's smart enough to try a swap. But then again, she'll probably try it and send me back something completely different than what I sent her. :/

I have a case open now (my first ever), but I just know they're going to side with her. They always do. And to top it all off, I can't even leave her negative feedback.[/QUOTE]

Just try to get that phone back in your hands. What happens after really don't matter. Offer the refund and get it back. What would suck is if they give her the refund and she got to keep the phone.

[quote name='spmahn']Ugh, someone bought something from me on eBay, then after a week of not paying me, they say they didn't realize that if I accepted their best offer, the item would automatically sell. So I file a non paying bidder claim against this fool, and he messages me back asking me why I did that! Should I just ignore him at this point and wait for the dispute to resolve itself? If I do, will eBay still allow him to leave negative feedback?[/QUOTE]

Just tell him you were charged the fee. The feedback won't stick if he is a Nonpayingbidder. I know it's a pain in the ass but maybe you are better off just canceling the transaction. I would ask to see if he wants to cancel.

[quote name='trollape74']I am talking about the box with the guitar. I guess I'll search for a box at office depot or something. I also read about wrapping it in brown packing paper. Thanks for help, really helped me out![/QUOTE]

Yes it's called Kraft Paper and you could get a roll at dollar tree.

The boxes are pretty sturdy, you shouldn't have a problem just using the paper. Just make sure you tape the edges well so the paper doesn't rip off.

Are the guitars still selling? I have a few I never touoched.

This is exactly why you don't give eBay or Paypal your real credit card or debit card. It should be possible to put up a prepaid card there, right?

[quote name='skiizim']The boxes are pretty sturdy, you shouldn't have a problem just using the paper. Just make sure you tape the edges well so the paper doesn't rip off.

Are the guitars still selling? I have a few I never touoched.[/QUOTE]
Yeah the wireless ones seem to get at least $30 pretty consistently. More with the box. I think I'll hit up my doller tree today then.

I would just hack together 2 boxes and tape them with a lot of tape. I have done this before, no complaints from buyers yet, as long as the items arrive safely. This way at least it has cardboard over it.

I wouldn't send it with just the paper, if the box gets damaged then the buyer will be pretty pissed. I had someone ship me a Lego set that was just wrapped in paper, there were gaping holes in the box that could have resulted in pieces missing, thankfully that did not happen. Not nice especially since we paid a premium for the item to have it by Christmas for a kid and the fact that it was a gift.

I guess I could frankenstein a box together. I'll still wrap it though just because the look of it would bug me. Thanks for the help, glad you guys had experience with this since I wasn't sure with the rules of USPS.

[quote name='trollape74']Some people shouldn't be allowed on ebay. I sold an old toy to some guy in California, it went for more than I expected. Anyways that sale was at the end of January and I just got an message last week from him stating that the toy does not work and he wants his money back. I replied I'll refund him once I get back my item. Just checked my messages today and he says he is in Kazakhstan so he can't ship it back and want's half a refund back. I don't want to give him anything and I have never had a problem with a return before so I don't know if he'll be successful with opening a claim. Quick question, I'm about to put a guitar hero game with it's retail box for sale. Can I just wrap the box in serran wrap to ship it out via usps?[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:#

I never ship a item without packaging it properly. I won't wrap a item in brown paper either. I always ship with a box bigger then the item I'm sending or a bubbler.

Rather then pay for brown paper just ask retail stores for boxes they always give them away for free.

Depending on how you did your listing the buyer could file a dispute with you if the original box was damaged and depending on how your listing is worded.

Rule of thumb is ship a item in the same manor you expect to get something. If you don't care when someone ships a rare collectors edition in brown paper and slap a shipping label on it then go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back