The General eBay Rant Thread

[quote name='needler420']:whistle2:#

I never ship a item without packaging it properly. I won't wrap a item in brown paper either. I always ship with a box bigger then the item I'm sending or a bubbler.

Rather then pay for brown paper just ask retail stores for boxes they always give them away for free.

Depending on how you did your listing the buyer could file a dispute with you if the original box was damaged and depending on how your listing is worded.

Rule of thumb is ship a item in the same manor you expect to get something. If you don't care when someone ships a rare collectors edition in brown paper and slap a shipping label on it then go for it.[/QUOTE]

YMMV on this, at most big stores the cardboard gets broken down and tossed in the compactor pretty much right away.

To follow up on my nonsense, the non paying bidder on my item sent a followup e-mail like 4 hours later essentially saying "You can't even respond to my message", so I finally replied back to him with the polite response about how responsible adults work for a living and aren't at their computer 24 hours a day responding to messages on eBay, and that I was in compliance with all of eBays policies and procedures by filing my non paying bidder claim.

[quote name='needler420']:whistle2:#

I never ship a item without packaging it properly. I won't wrap a item in brown paper either. I always ship with a box bigger then the item I'm sending or a bubbler.

Rather then pay for brown paper just ask retail stores for boxes they always give them away for free.

Depending on how you did your listing the buyer could file a dispute with you if the original box was damaged and depending on how your listing is worded.

Rule of thumb is ship a item in the same manor you expect to get something. If you don't care when someone ships a rare collectors edition in brown paper and slap a shipping label on it then go for it.[/QUOTE]
I always use bubblers for my games and I used a bigger box with bubblewrap for the toy I shipped out. Most stores also crush their cardboard so they can recycle it. It'd also be pretty tough to find a box that can appropriately fit the guitar hero box without becoming too clunky. If it was a sealed guitar hero then I'd see the definite need for a bigger box but I assume the buyer will give me some leeway, since I'm not a retail or power seller, as I would if I bought something that's difficult to package and ship.

Check out a Home Depot either early in the morning or late at night. A lot of associates just throw the box in the baler and let that crush it, but not until they are done their freight, so you might be able to find sonething. Wednesday night is a good night, as a lot of display areas get built Wednesday evenings (as that is when the supervisors or managers close).

Worse comes to worse, HD sells giant cardboard boxes.

I live in a college town, so my favorite place to look for boxes is in apartment recycling bins. Boxes of every shape and size. Free packing material too. :)

Also, my case was escalated to eBay. Her final message was, "I don't like the phone and just want my money back". I specifically said no returns in my auction. If she wins just because she doesn't want the phone, I'm going to go apeshit on eBay.

I use newspaper and Boxes from Sam's club. Bubble mailers I have 3 bags full from all the packages I get in the mail. Boxes the same, if you order stuff online and save the boxes then just re-use those. Tape can be found anywhere for 1$ a roll. Never a compliant about bad packaging. I have even been hacking together bubble envelopes for shipping the game guides, but I got the padded envelopes from Priority mail to cover my needs in that area now. I have bubble envelopes that are slightly too small for guides so I cut them and use 2 per guide. The guides seem better protected then if I used 1 envelope per guide.

I was also checking my guides and it seems quite a few of them have advertisements for Nintendo Power in them which would disqualify them for media mail so the priority mail envelopes keep me safe in that regard.

If you go out and buy bubble mailers, I have foubd that the Scotch Bubble Mailers sold at Target are slightly larger than other mailers, even other Scotch ones. They're the only ones I can fit DVDs with slipcovers into.

[quote name='SaraAB']I was also checking my guides and it seems quite a few of them have advertisements for Nintendo Power in them which would disqualify them for media mail so the priority mail envelopes keep me safe in that regard.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that disqualifies you. There's something about incidental or in-house advertising that's okay under media mail. Like the ads usually found at the back of books for "Look what else you can buy from us!" or "Look at all these other sweet books we've printed by this author!" Printed material like that is okay. But the USPS doesn't like magazines and single issue comic books because there are many multiple pages of advertising. Plus traditionally, magazines and single issue comic books are supposed to be mailed via a different class of shipping, but that's usually when they are first directly mailed to someone and doesn't consider re-sale perspective. So you would probably save yourself more than a few bucks shipping via Media Mail, but Priority Mail probably provides greater peace of mind.

[quote name='SaraAB']I was also checking my guides and it seems quite a few of them have advertisements for Nintendo Power in them which would disqualify them for media mail so the priority mail envelopes keep me safe in that regard.[/QUOTE]

Its more like the ads comics have for things like Kool Aid that they are worried about, or magazines where every other page is an ad. I've specifically asked my local post master about guides and she said they are allowed under Media Mail.

Ugh eBay really needs to ban partial refunds. Seems once a week someone tries to go fishing for a partial refund.

I have one buyer who just messaged me who supposedly had a receiver get damaged in shipping that was wrapped in about 4 layers of bubblewrap, and double boxed. I take a look at their feedback and they have over 20 people they left feedback for either saying "item was received damaged seller sent $50 to cover the damage" or "item arrived damaged seller refused to compensate me for trouble"

I asked them for pictures and told them once I receive the pictures I will open the USPS claim and that they will have to surrender the item to their local post office. Most of the time that helps shut them up, as they want the item they just want half the money refunded. It is still a hassle and most times leads to negative feedback as they're upset they didn't get to scam someone.

What do you guys think about this situation:

I had a book for sale. Someone with a few dozen feedback score bid on it 4 days early. It was the only bid. My auction terms ask for payment 2 days after the end of the auction (to try and discourage people who bid but don't have the money to pay until a long time later). I invoiced the guy twice in the four days after he won. 4.5 days after the end of the auction he hadn't paid, so I opened an unpaid item case against him so I could get my fee charge credited back and relist the item. The 4 day waiting period of the unpaid item case pass and I receive no payment (so 8 days total without payment). I relist the item and add the buyer to my blocked bidder list (since I don't like buyers who waste my time).

Tonight I received a message from the buyer saying his phone was water damaged and he had to wait a week to get a new one. (We're now basically 2 weeks past his initial bid, 1.5 weeks from the end of the auction.) The buyer says he hadn't downloaded the eBay app yet (until now apparently?) and doesn't have a computer. He wants me to reverse the unpaid item case (I don't think that's even possible) so he can pay for it now. I already relisted the item two days ago. No bidders yet but someone has had the item on their watch list in the days prior to getting this message.

On one hand, I know shit happens and not everyone has a home PC with an internet connection. On the other hand, I think buyers need to be responsible for their actions if they're going to bid on something and enter into a contract to buy something. Go to the library and use their free computers. Borrow a friend's phone or computer for the 5 minutes it would take to pay. Etc.

What would you guys do in this situation? Ignore the guy, move on, and keep him on my block list? Or take him off my block list and tell him to bid on the new listing?

Personally, I wouldn't use a public computer like at the library to pay for something.

But still, I would ignore him and keep him blocked. I would rather not waste more time or take a risk on a problematic buyer. There's also the possibility that he forgot that he bid on your book so he's using a BS excuse to try to get his account cleared.

I say ignore, like you said he could've easily gone to the library or borrow a friend's phone. It's pretty hard to stay offline nowadays. He could've at the very least messaged you and ask if he could've paid when he recieved a new phone if he didn't want to pay in a public place. Well I offered my buyer $10 bucks back without a return of my item and he decided to ship it back to get his full refund. He says he is still going to open a dispute claim still. I figure he's just saying that to scare me or something but I already agreed to the refund as soon as I recieve my toy back.

Just got my ebay fees for the month 220 bux. really considering to stop selling on there, i cant be giving up such large amounts to them for almost nothing not to mention they own paypal which takes enough as it is

[quote name='granturismo']Just got my ebay fees for the month 220 bux. really considering to stop selling on there, i cant be giving up such large amounts to them for almost nothing not to mention they own paypal which takes enough as it is[/QUOTE]

If you're getting an invoice of $220 then you're selling at a Power Seller rate. So unless you're hosting a fire sale at a big loss, you're still making decent coin on your stuff.

Amazon is more expensive. Craigslist is another option but you have to be super patient if you want to sell on there. There's cag but I doubt you'll get much on here. Trade in's aren't going to be spectacular in general either so it seems like to me eBay is the best place still.

Their business model is really neat. When everything's said and done, they make tons of money off of you by basically just letting you list crap on their website. You're doing all of the procuring, inventory, shipping, and customer service. It's just renting out their brand name in the end of the day. Paypal is a monster in itself. Their Paypal operating section is super profitable. Just a glorified online bank. eBay profits have been dipping lately so it'll be interesting to see if the suits loosen up and rethink about whether they should change their strategy on being more buyer centric than seller centric.

[quote name='kodave']What would you guys do in this situation? Ignore the guy, move on, and keep him on my block list? Or take him off my block list and tell him to bid on the new listing?[/QUOTE]

I'll join in with the others, just ignore the guy, you gave him a fair enough shake, and someone else will eventually buy the book. I'd say write him a nice message saying that you blocked his account from your auctions, but that seems too oxymoronic.

If I opened a video game store in my town it would be unprofitable from day one and I would likely lose a ton of money on the venture, not to mention I would have to use my collection to start the store up. Therefore I don't mind selling on ebay since I would have to pay a couple hundred dollars a month rent in some building in town and I might see only a few customers a day, most of whom probably won't buy anything since I have plenty of gaming retail in my area where these people could go to buy games.

Craigslist is not an option here for me since I am uncomfortable with the idea of meeting people in public for sales and there are a ton of CL scammers in my area. Now if I hold a yard sale and put an ad on craigslist for specific items and that they can be viewed at the sale then that is different.

I am sure the guides will be fine, but I am thinking with the 90 cent delivery confirmation for first class mail and the weight of some of my guides are quite heavy, just shipping them in a padded flat rate priority envelope makes more sense, and would be very similar to the cost of shipping with media mail with delivery confirmation. Plus it would get to the buyer faster, and I don't have to worry about items arriving postage due because they aren't allowed. I would also have to purchase envelopes from Sam's Club which would cut into my profits. Anything that cuts into my profits right now is a no no since selling on ebay could be very expensive if I was buying shipping materials.

Speaking of which its clear that sellers are using media mail illegally which is bad for all of us. I want to bid on an auction for some mouse pads that is up right now but the seller is saying they will be shipping them media mail. Now I know that mouse pads are not allowed to be shipped media mail and its right there in the auction that they will be shipping them media mail.

Here's a situation...

A buyer bought two items from me. A couple weeks later, he messages me saying he received 1 item but I know for a fact I sent him 2. He didn't open a claim yet, but knowing him he is going to in the future.

His address is also a freight forwarder, googling it.
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/fo...FFA5BB819088A6B556577E46A38E?messageID=33817萙

There was also another cag that made a thread with the same address.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299057

I have no idea how to win a case like this, and I've been a ebay seller since '06. Haven't had any problems in the last year until this happens. :(

[quote name='style_unseen']Here's a situation...

A buyer bought two items from me. A couple weeks later, he messages me saying he received 1 item but I know for a fact I sent him 2. He didn't open a claim yet, but knowing him he is going to in the future.

His address is also a freight forwarder, googling it.
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/fo...FFA5BB819088A6B556577E46A38E?messageID=33817萙

There was also another cag that made a thread with the same address.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299057

I have no idea how to win a case like this, and I've been a ebay seller since '06. Haven't had any problems in the last year until this happens. :([/QUOTE]

Did you pay for postage online or do you have your receipt from the post office? A receipt should have the weight of the package. From there you can make your case that there were indeed two of the item in the package if you can prove the weight of the shipping material plus each item. Unless you have pictures of the packing process, that will be your best bet to prove you sent two items with little other evidence. Then when he opens the case, tell eBay the address is a freight forwarding service, so it was delivered there and your end of the deal was fulfilled and someone in his freight forwarding service must have tampered with the package and stole his item.

[quote name='kodave']Did you pay for postage online or do you have your receipt from the post office? A receipt should have the weight of the package. From there you can make your case that there were indeed two of the item in the package if you can prove the weight of the shipping material plus each item. Unless you have pictures of the packing process, that will be your best bet to prove you sent two items with little other evidence. Then when he opens the case, tell eBay the address is a freight forwarding service, so it was delivered there and your end of the deal was fulfilled and someone in his freight forwarding service must have tampered with the package and stole his item.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply.
I did pay for postage online and the weight matches both the items. I also got a signature confirmation because the package was worth more than $400.
I don't think I'll be saying someone tampered with the package, because it won't do me any good (I didn't even purchase insurance).

Thank you for the tip though.

The buyer had 13 feedback also...while I'm a top-rated power seller seller with almost 400 feedback. Not that that matters...

I'll let everyone know how it goes.

[quote name='style_unseen']Thanks for the reply.
I did pay for postage online and the weight matches both the items. I also got a signature confirmation because the package was worth more than $400.
I don't think I'll be saying someone tampered with the package, because it won't do me any good (I didn't even purchase insurance).

Thank you for the tip though.

The buyer had 13 feedback also...while I'm a top-rated power seller seller with almost 400 feedback. Not that that matters...

I'll let everyone know how it goes.[/QUOTE]

Damn. I get nervous sending something over $75 uninsured. But then again I'm not a power seller.

[quote name='kodave']Damn. I get nervous sending something over $75 uninsured. But then again I'm not a power seller.[/QUOTE]
I just recently started buying insurance for items over $250. Gives me that peace of mind.

I was never really worried with packages, I've sent over a 100 last christmas to today, and none of buyers said anything. I pack stuff pretty good, usually try to double box things.

So I'm sweatin' it out over my Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition shipment to a buyer.

I sold my CE to a buyer 2 1/2 weeks ago and the day after payment, the buyer asked me about when I planned on shipping out the item since it was a gift. I went to the post office and dropped it off that same night the buyer had contacted me with it scheduled to be delivered 2 weeks ago. I've been checking the tracking number and it has not updated beyond the acceptance stage when I had dropped it off. I initiated an investigation with the post office and they said they didn't know where it is and can only tell me what I already see on the tracking number myself. Oddly, they assigned the case to my local post office instead of the destination post office.

I'm worried because I didn't pay for insurance on the item so the post office will not do anything for me should it be lost. I'm annoyed because I always add insurance and shipping confirmation through eBay labels for $200+ items but I had forgotten to add insurance this time when I had gone to the post office in person to pay since eBay has not properly integrated the new standard mail service into their system just yet. If it was available through the eBay shipping module, I would have remembered.

The buyer has not contacted me about the item since. The local postmaster said it's possible since I had used a manual shipping label instead of the eBay label that the signature confirmation sticker my local post office had used may have been removed in transit and the local carrier could have just delivered the parcel without being aware of the delivery confirmation/signature confirm request.

So I'm just sweating it out hoping that the parcel was actually delivered without having any confirmation it's been delivered even though I paid for the signature confirm. The postmaster said either the item was lost or it was actually delivered and that the status was never updated due to the signature confirm label accidentally being removed during transit. I haven't received any positive/negative feedback since. Even if the item was delivered, I'm afraid if I contact the buyer, they'll notice the predicament that I'm in and take advantage of it. I'm also afraid that if I contact the destination post office to do the investigation that they'll contact the receipient directly and I'll be further exposed. If I get hit with an INR, I'm toast.

[quote name='Donut2922']So I'm sweatin' it out over my Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition shipment to a buyer.

I sold my CE to a buyer 2 1/2 weeks ago and the day after payment, the buyer asked me about when I planned on shipping out the item since it was a gift. I went to the post office and dropped it off that same night the buyer had contacted me with it scheduled to be delivered 2 weeks ago. I've been checking the tracking number and it has not updated beyond the acceptance stage when I had dropped it off. I initiated an investigation with the post office and they said they didn't know where it is and can only tell me what I already see on the tracking number myself. Oddly, they assigned the case to my local post office instead of the destination post office.

I'm worried because I didn't pay for insurance on the item so the post office will not do anything for me should it be lost. I'm annoyed because I always add insurance and shipping confirmation through eBay labels for $200+ items but I had forgotten to add insurance this time when I had gone to the post office in person to pay since eBay has not properly integrated the new standard mail service into their system just yet. If it was available through the eBay shipping module, I would have remembered.

The buyer has not contacted me about the item since. The local postmaster said it's possible since I had used a manual shipping label instead of the eBay label that the signature confirmation sticker my local post office had used may have been removed in transit and the local carrier could have just delivered the parcel without being aware of the delivery confirmation/signature confirm request.

So I'm just sweating it out hoping that the parcel was actually delivered without having any confirmation it's been delivered even though I paid for the signature confirm. The postmaster said either the item was lost or it was actually delivered and that the status was never updated due to the signature confirm label accidentally being removed during transit. I haven't received any positive/negative feedback since. Even if the item was delivered, I'm afraid if I contact the buyer, they'll notice the predicament that I'm in and take advantage of it. I'm also afraid that if I contact the destination post office to do the investigation that they'll contact the receipient directly and I'll be further exposed. If I get hit with an INR, I'm toast.[/QUOTE]

Yeah your best bet is just to stay quiet and count down those 45 days from the date buyer paid. I'm in the same situation you are, sort of.

I shipped a $100 item a few weeks back, sent it Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation. Meant to insure it, but forgot to. Of course on the day of delivery, the buyer wasn't home and that was the end of the tracking update. I tried to contact the post office to see if I could get proof of delivery or signature confirmation, just in case, but all they did with my request was have MY local post office email me to call them. That's fucking pointless because they're just going to read me what the online tracking shows then tell me to call the national USPS number. I don't understand why USPS directs these delivery questions to the sender's local post office once the package is out of their hands. They should be directed to the last known post office to handle the package.

And to top it off my buyer never leaves any sellers feedback. So I definitely don't want to reach out and contact the buyer and rattle the nest.

So basically signature confirmation is absolutely worthless if no one is home and is a waste of $2.xx.

But I haven't heard a peep from the buyer and its been a few weeks now. The priority mail speed and signature confirmation should be enough to scare off most buyers from trying to pull a fast one, even though I could still be screwed because USPS fucked up with the tracking and signature. I'm just waiting for that 45 day mark to pass. Three more weeks to go.

[quote name='kodave']Yeah your best bet is just to stay quiet and count down those 45 days from the date buyer paid. I'm in the same situation you are, sort of.

I shipped a $100 item a few weeks back, sent it Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation. Meant to insure it, but forgot to. Of course on the day of delivery, the buyer wasn't home and that was the end of the tracking update. I tried to contact the post office to see if I could get proof of delivery or signature confirmation, just in case, but all they did with my request was have MY local post office email me to call them. That's fucking pointless because they're just going to read me what the online tracking shows then tell me to call the national USPS number. I don't understand why USPS directs these delivery questions to the sender's local post office once the package is out of their hands. They should be directed to the last known post office to handle the package.

And to top it off my buyer never leaves any sellers feedback. So I definitely don't want to reach out and contact the buyer and rattle the nest.

So basically signature confirmation is absolutely worthless if no one is home and is a waste of $2.xx.

But I haven't heard a peep from the buyer and its been a few weeks now. The priority mail speed and signature confirmation should be enough to scare off most buyers from trying to pull a fast one, even though I could still be screwed because USPS fucked up with the tracking and signature. I'm just waiting for that 45 day mark to pass. Three more weeks to go.[/QUOTE]

I've had that happened to me before - the tracking doesn't update until the buyer comes to pick it up and is forced to sign at the post office. I think you should be okay.

Yeah I don't get their procedures about contacting the local post office. Investigations should be going to the destination post office so long as the tracking shows it already in transit. One time I had a buyer contact me about an INR although it was marked "delivered." My local post office was the first contact in the investigation and then just gave me the number for the destination post office (wtf?). I spoke with their postmaster who told me he had the local carrier even speak to the intended receipient. The carrier remembered dropping off my parcel but the receipient maintained that he never got it. He never bothered to open a case but I learned that post offices are willing to even talk to the residents face to face if they deem it necessary. I'm going to just try to avoid that and hope nothing happens in the next 30 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Donut2922']I've had that happened to me before - the tracking doesn't update until the buyer comes to pick it up and is forced to sign at the post office. I think you should be okay. [/QUOTE]

Well that's the thing, the tracking has never updated. It went from "Out for delivery" to "No updates available" or whatever. I know there is a scanning option for something like "Notice left to pick up at P.O." but that wasn't scanned into the tracking. I assume a notice was left and the buyer went down to the post office and got it, but the post office either didn't make him sign for it, or if they did make him sign for it, they didn't upload the signature or update the tracking info.

I put in a request for the signature on the tracking page and USPS just sent me a PDF saying "Sorry we have no more info." I can't for the life of me figure out why the USPS isn't scanning the package before they hand it off to the customer and why they aren't making them sign for it or uploading the signature for the service I paid for. This is the second time this has happened to me and I can't figure out a way to charge back USPS for failing to deliver the full service I paid for. The first time it happened, the buyer left positive feedback so I didn't have to worry about him trying to pull a fast one.

I figure if a claim was opened because the signature confirmation tracking was incomplete, I'd have to call the buyer's post office and get someone there to find me proof of delivery and/or the signature. In my opinion I shouldn't have to do that shit since I already paid them over $2 extra to just update the tracking and show me proof of a signature online.

Well, that was a pleasent surprise. Bought the Ninja Turtles movie set (the bare-bones non-Family Favorite one) a year or so ago for $5. After I got the Blu-ray Triple Feature for the first 3 movies, I decided to sell the DVD set even though I can't fit TMNT in there. Ended up selling for $18. Turned a nice little profit there. :)

Im actually shocked by Ebay, this time for the positive. As I sad earlier, I rarely sell auction style anymore because of non payers. I had 12 games to sell, all around the $30-40 price point. I noticed a ton of people had saturated the buy it now price compared to the auction ending prices. I said screw it, Ill give it a shot im not really in a rush to offload these. To my suprise 11 out of 12 buyers paid the same day, with 9 of them pay instantly. One paid a few hours later, and the other guy paid via paypal but echeck by accident. Took 5 days to clear, but w/e he still paid. The only guy not to pay on the same day paid 4 days after auction ended. I totally forgot about it too until my iphone alerted me to it haha.

My faith in ebay still hasnt been restored, but at least it was a nice upper compared to their usual downers lately.

So I bought Twilight Princess for Gamcube last week off of a seller. The picture was a stock photo of the game, the description was obviously a stock description of the game with nothing further described than that. I get my item today, and it's the strategy guide. Not one mention of that in the description.

I don't think I am going to pursue it any further (other than a letter explaining that I frown upon what he did), since I only paid 12.99 for the guide, and they are worth around 20 anyway right now, but just kind of ticked me off he didn't describe it for what it was. And that's my rant for now.

[quote name='Sivarticus']So I bought Twilight Princess for Gamcube last week off of a seller. The picture was a stock photo of the game, the description was obviously a stock description of the game with nothing further described than that. I get my item today, and it's the strategy guide. Not one mention of that in the description.

I don't think I am going to pursue it any further (other than a letter explaining that I frown upon what he did), since I only paid 12.99 for the guide, and they are worth around 20 anyway right now, but just kind of ticked me off he didn't describe it for what it was. And that's my rant for now.[/QUOTE]

You should file a claim since the word Guide wasn't present anywhere. eBay has gotten very strict that only single games that match their item database should be sold in the Video Games category. Not to mention eBay has a section for Strategy Guides where it should have gone (or alternatively the Books section). You could probably get a full refund out of it plus keeping the book if you want to not be such a nice person and stick it to the seller.

[quote name='kodave']You should file a claim since the word Guide wasn't present anywhere. eBay has gotten very strict that only single games that match their item database should be sold in the Video Games category. Not to mention eBay has a section for Strategy Guides where it should have gone (or alternatively the Books section). You could probably get a full refund out of it plus keeping the book if you want to not be such a nice person and stick it to the seller.[/QUOTE]

I agree. $13 or $1300, the seller is no good.

File an SNAD and give negative feedback to try to stop him/her from doing it to someone else.

So, I put up a listing for a DVD set earlier today and somebody ask a question:

"Anyway you're willing to sell this item?"

*facepalm*

I figure he means BIN, but still.

Sold some preorder DLC. Guy is a brand-new created today user. Email account registered is a didnt move hand position on [email protected]. Of course asks me if I can just email him the code, when he pays.

Maybe im being paranoid.. but I smell scammer.

[quote name='edson13']Sold some preorder DLC. Guy is a brand-new created today user. Email account registered is a didnt move hand position on [email protected]. Of course asks me if I can just email him the code, when he pays.

Maybe im being paranoid.. but I smell scammer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, usually the scammers do the email method, then say it doesn't work.

Tell him that due to Ebay, you'll have to mail the code physically to him.

Does anyone know about this rule at the post office, again I love the post office employees they are always super sweet to me but something tells me they have no idea what they are doing and are not familiar with operations of the USPS.

One of the post offices here is required to type in everything for all customs forms, this includes the small white form that is for packages under 4lbs.

The other post office here says that no such thing exists and that they aren't required to type anything, except if you have a package over 4lbs and are using the larger customs form.

Anytime I've ever had a customs form dealing at the PO they just tossed everything in an envelope and pasted it on the package for me (after I signed and dated it, of course). Everything else on the label was already printed via eBay USPS labels.

[quote name='SaraAB']The other post office here says that no such thing exists and that they aren't required to type anything, except if you have a package over 4lbs and are using the larger customs form.[/QUOTE]

In my experience, this.

Sounds like that other post office has had problems in the past with illegible customer handwriting and the easiest solution is to require that forms be typed.

So I had an item end last week. Next day I get a message from someone saying they meant to bid but couldn't for whatever reason, and asked if I would relist the item. I relist it because I was going to anyway. It ends tonight. No bids. Like a half hour later I get an email from the same guy saying "I fell asleep, will you be relisting again?"

Here's the thing - this item hasn't been selling for the past few weeks. I'm not sure why because I've had multiples of this and sold several in the past at my asking price, and there aren't other copies flooding the market, but people just aren't spending on this thing right now. (I'm not too worried, the item is only going up in secondary market value on Amazon and other sites, people will buy eventually.) Point is - there is no need to try and wait until the last second to "snipe" the auction. Chances are the first bidder will be the only bidder. I've only had one copy get multiple bids. Just fucking put in your bid earlier and be done with it.

I know I could do a BIN but I'm not interested in paying eBay's extra $0.50 per BIN listing. And I'm not really interested in setting up a BIN for this one buyer since there's no guarantee he'll ever get around to utilizing the BIN since he's failed at bidding on the book twice.

He seems like a legit eBayer - a decent number positive feedback, a former seller, leaves positive feedback to sellers - but I'm tempted just to put him on my block list.

Another small rant, a guy contacted me on one my listings, saying that he thinks $25 (my BIN option on my auction) is too expensive for a used game , and wonders if I'll sell it to him for $10. Even though all the other listings have sold for at least $20, and have gone for $30 or higher.

I expect this on CL, but on Ebay this does not compute.

Got a question guys. So I have a buyer that just bought wwe 13 off me. It was bought and paid for Sunday, and shipped yesterday. Today I got an email from PayPal about a dispute regarding the buyer believing his card was charged in error. I find it fishy that this dispute was opened after it was bought and shipped.

Do you think I have any chance at seeing this money or am I going to take it up the butt on this? Anyone else experience this? This buyer has 222 feedback, and all of it good feedback.

I think some of the feedback you can see what was purchased. See if there are other wrestling items he paid for.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the thing though, he didn't even contact me. He went straight to PayPal who in turn are holding my money. I have yet to hear from him. But great idea on his feedback, I'll check that. Thank you.

Edit: guess I can't check that from this eBay app. I'll have to wait until I get home on my pc.

[quote name='granturismo']Just got my ebay fees for the month 220 bux. really considering to stop selling on there, i cant be giving up such large amounts to them for almost nothing not to mention they own paypal which takes enough as it is[/QUOTE]

i recommend that every time you sell an item, you go ahead and pay the fees immediately, that way you know the money on your paypal is really yours and you don't have to worry about paying ebay weeks later.

What's everyones thoughts on shipping internationally? I've had multiple requests from Germany for PS1 games and I'm thinking about opening up to that market, just would like to hear any past experiences from CAGs.

I recently just opened up to selling internationally. So far everything is pretty straight forward and I've had no issues (knock on wood).

I did have someone ask me to mark an item as a Gift so they wouldn't have to pay any Customs fees (which is illegal). I ignored the message and sent it marked as Merchandise. I expect some form of rage response once he receives the item.

bread's done
Back