The General eBay Rant Thread

[quote name='HydroX']I recently just opened up to selling internationally. So far everything is pretty straight forward and I've had no issues (knock on wood).

I did have someone ask me to mark an item as a Gift so they wouldn't have to pay any Customs fees (which is illegal). I ignored the message and sent it marked as Merchandise. I expect some form of rage response once he receives the item.[/QUOTE]

Yeah negative feedback is coming your way

eBay has some kind of new program for sellers of a certain level where you ship the items to some shipping facility in the US, then they send it international and take care of all of the customs forms and stuff like that. I don't know what the cost is to the buyer for eBay's service vs. if you handled the international shipping yourself, but it sounds like less of a hassle than managing it all on your own. The downside is I guess you have to trust this company eBay has partnered with not to damage your items.

[quote name='Barney']i recommend that every time you sell an item, you go ahead and pay the fees immediately, that way you know the money on your paypal is really yours and you don't have to worry about paying ebay weeks later.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I do.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']What's everyones thoughts on shipping internationally? I've had multiple requests from Germany for PS1 games and I'm thinking about opening up to that market, just would like to hear any past experiences from CAGs.[/QUOTE]

I don't currently ship international but I have in the past. I shipped $250 to germany without any problems, only thing is they ask to send as gift.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']What's everyones thoughts on shipping internationally? I've had multiple requests from Germany for PS1 games and I'm thinking about opening up to that market, just would like to hear any past experiences from CAGs.[/QUOTE]

I survive on eBay because of international buyers. In fact if I have a multi quantity listing and I get a streak of U.S. buyers I raise the price by a few dollars. International buyers are willing to pay more.

I also ship first class international (no tracking with the exception of Canada; 19 more countries will get DC on FCI pacakges in April) but I insure these packages with 3rd party insurance (either shipsurance.com or u-pic.com). Both of those companies are great because the cost to insure a package is low (for me); just $1.10 per $100 worth of coverage. That and they reimburse based on the invoice, meaning if I sold a $200 item and declared it as $30 I'm getting reimbursed $200 (post office insurance doesn't work that way) and they also reimburse the cost of postage (post office doesn't do that either). Furthermore I've never had a claim denied and they pay out much faster then the post office.

[quote name='HydroX']I recently just opened up to selling internationally. So far everything is pretty straight forward and I've had no issues (knock on wood).

I did have someone ask me to mark an item as a Gift so they wouldn't have to pay any Customs fees (which is illegal). I ignored the message and sent it marked as Merchandise. I expect some form of rage response once he receives the item.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to be a dick but can you find proof where it says it is illegal if you misrepresent the item class (i.e. gift, document, merchandise) or the value? And furthermore can you find a case where someone was charge/prosecuted for doing that? Outside of people misrepresenting what is in shipping containers (freight) you won't be able to. I have marked many many many many many many many items, on a daily basis, internationally as "gifts" with a low value. The reason being many countries, like Brazil for example, tax any item with a total value (including shipping) in excess of $50. They tax these sometimes at 60%. So not only is your buyer stuck paying huge import taxes it is going to take much longer to be delivered because any item that is assessed VAT or import taxes gets processed separately.

If your not comfortable with doing that (nothing wrong with being a morale oral) then I suggest you cancel any purchase where a buyer asks you to do it post facto.

[quote name='kodave']eBay has some kind of new program for sellers of a certain level where you ship the items to some shipping facility in the US, then they send it international and take care of all of the customs forms and stuff like that. I don't know what the cost is to the buyer for eBay's service vs. if you handled the international shipping yourself, but it sounds like less of a hassle than managing it all on your own. The downside is I guess you have to trust this company eBay has partnered with not to damage your items.[/QUOTE]

I think this service sucks. Buyers end up paying more, considerably more, then they would if the seller just shipped it to them directly. eBay assesses the VAT fee into the invoice for the item for you and the buyer pays for that ahead of time regardless of whether or not the item would have been actually taxed by the buyer's country. You're talking about what, 30+ countries and your going to tell me eBay knows exactly what items would be taxed and at what percentages?

Also remember this program only protects you against INR's.

[quote name='Sivarticus']Got a question guys. So I have a buyer that just bought wwe 13 off me. It was bought and paid for Sunday, and shipped yesterday. Today I got an email from PayPal about a dispute regarding the buyer believing his card was charged in error. I find it fishy that this dispute was opened after it was bought and shipped.

Do you think I have any chance at seeing this money or am I going to take it up the butt on this? Anyone else experience this? This buyer has 222 feedback, and all of it good feedback.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar experience. One time I sold a used game of mine and the buyer filed an "unauthorized chargeback" file with Paypal. From what I understand, as long as you had DC on it, you'll be covered. As long as you did your part, Paypal will have to give you your funds. Hopefully it was an item that will get there quickly as my case was actually automatically reversed to the buyer's favor because the address that was listed on the payment was invalid as the post office said the "address not found." Not sure what the hell happened. But because it was being returned to sender, it took literally 2 weeks to get back to my local post office. I responded to the Paypal case stating I shipped the item with tracking uploaded but I ended up having to refund the stupid buyer. I think Paypal figured it was on it's way back to me so the buyer would be off the hook. However, the post office lost my frickin' game and said I was SOL since I didn't pay for insurance. I sent the buyer a note that they lost my game on the way back and that thanks to him I lost my game with nothing to show for it. He never responded.

I wonder if somebody just used a hacked account and messed up on the shipping address and the buyer noticed a charge through his Paypal account. Either way, I got screwed by this guy. At least it was just a $10 game.

I'm open to ship internationally, but I hear stories about how certain countries are really bad with tracking and more open to scammers. Does anybody have that list?

[quote name='Donut2922']I had a similar experience. One time I sold a used game of mine and the buyer filed an "unauthorized chargeback" file with Paypal. From what I understand, as long as you had DC on it, you'll be covered. As long as you did your part, Paypal will have to give you your funds. Hopefully it was an item that will get there quickly as my case was actually automatically reversed to the buyer's favor because the address that was listed on the payment was invalid as the post office said the "address not found." Not sure what the hell happened. But because it was being returned to sender, it took literally 2 weeks to get back to my local post office. I responded to the Paypal case stating I shipped the item with tracking uploaded but I ended up having to refund the stupid buyer. I think Paypal figured it was on it's way back to me so the buyer would be off the hook. However, the post office lost my frickin' game and said I was SOL since I didn't pay for insurance. I sent the buyer a note that they lost my game on the way back and that thanks to him I lost my game with nothing to show for it. He never responded.

I wonder if somebody just used a hacked account and messed up on the shipping address and the buyer noticed a charge through his Paypal account. Either way, I got screwed by this guy. At least it was just a $10 game.

I'm open to ship internationally, but I hear stories about how certain countries are really bad with tracking and more open to scammers. Does anybody have that list?[/QUOTE]

South America, or any country whose home postal service has "correios" in the title, is going to be on the losing end of reliability. I have found most of Europe to be fine. Germany has very slow and meticulous customs (they inspect everything). I have never had a problem with Japan or Australia---to the point where I would feel safer shipping something there then to a domestic buyer. Lots of packages went missing to Canada and Russia (funny how its only the ones without tracking).

Got a question guys. So I have a buyer that just bought wwe 13 off me. It was bought and paid for Sunday, and shipped yesterday. Today I got an email from PayPal about a dispute regarding the buyer believing his card was charged in error. I find it fishy that this dispute was opened after it was bought and shipped.

Do you think I have any chance at seeing this money or am I going to take it up the butt on this? Anyone else experience this? This buyer has 222 feedback, and all of it good feedback.

Assuming you shipped the item to the exact same address on the paypal invoice you should be covered.

PayPal is a for profit business so most likely you will lose the initial dispute and they are going to hope (its in their best interest after all) that you go away and don't appeal.

Just reference section 11.3C of the PayPal user agreement. It specifically states that you only need proof of shipment to be covered against an unauthorized use chargeback.

However you can't not have the item and the refund so if they item is refused or not picked up and the tracking shows it was returned to you then obviously you will lose the dispute.

Most of the time for domestic transactions just the DC number is fine. Typically if you call after the DC shows delivered they'll release the funds (the case may stay open up to 75 days while the Credit Card company does their investigation) and even if the credit card company sides with the buyer you'll still be reimbursed by PayPal.

I have seen PayPal "try" and refuse a claim if the item was misrouted or delivered to a zip code other then what is on the invoice (like if the buyer used a forwarding address) but just refer back to 11.3C saying you're covered with "proof of shipment". That is why it is helpful to keep the receipt part of the label when you print online. I just staple that to my invoice and file it in chronological order that way if a case comes up I can just pull the invoice and have all the information I'll need.

On international cases where someone files an unauthorized use dispute they almost always require the customs form or receipt showing where the item was shipped too before they'll release the funds.

Random rant that I'm sure has been covered on here before:

I have been selling on eBay for almost a year now. It's been a pretty decent experience so far, but the one thing that pisses me off more than anything is when people take forever to pay for an item after they win it/buy it now. I can kind of understand it taking longer for auctions because they might forget or be busy around the time the auction ends, but for people that buy it now there is no excuse. You clicked the "Buy it Now" button, that means that you should spend the extra ten seconds to send it through PayPal, not click Buy it Now and just say "screw it, I'll just pay for it later."

Another thing that really gets to me is when a buyer takes forever to pay, but when you check his/her feedback it's perfect and filled with comments like "great buyer! fast payment! A++++++" and it was posted the same day they bought your item. What the hell?! I try not to be pushy and send a ton of invoices or messages, but I just feel like Buy it Now is meant to be there for people that pay for it right when they click that button. I don't know. What do you guys do in this situation?

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm not trying to be a dick but can you find proof where it says it is illegal if you misrepresent the item class (i.e. gift, document, merchandise) or the value? And furthermore can you find a case where someone was charge/prosecuted for doing that? Outside of people misrepresenting what is in shipping containers (freight) you won't be able to. I have marked many many many many many many many items, on a daily basis, internationally as "gifts" with a low value. The reason being many countries, like Brazil for example, tax any item with a total value (including shipping) in excess of $50. They tax these sometimes at 60%. So not only is your buyer stuck paying huge import taxes it is going to take much longer to be delivered because any item that is assessed VAT or import taxes gets processed separately.

If your not comfortable with doing that (nothing wrong with being a morale oral) then I suggest you cancel any purchase where a buyer asks you to do it post facto..[/QUOTE]

Perhaps I read it wrong or something (I just googled it, TBH) .. Apparently it's not *illegal* per say, but it's definitely wrong and immoral, and you *can* get into some deep shit if you are caught red-handed. I prefer not to commit any fraud when it involves the government. If Joe Blow doesn't want to pay customs fees, then don't buy it. Plain and simple. Otherwise, pony up the cash.

Customs can still open up the package, and will do so if they choose. Unfortunately, because they are the government, we can't really argue with whatever they choose to do. If it is truly a gift that an international buyer purchased to give to someone else, then let them wrap it when they receive it. Customs can and does open up packages randomly if they feel it is necessary, gift or not.

Edit: By the by, this guy asked me to mark it as a gift after he already bought the item, and clearly didn't read the item description (which apparently nobody does) which states that any questions/requests are to be asked prior to the listing's end.

[quote name='Jnova80']Random rant that I'm sure has been covered on here before:

I have been selling on eBay for almost a year now. It's been a pretty decent experience so far, but the one thing that pisses me off more than anything is when people take forever to pay for an item after they win it/buy it now. I can kind of understand it taking longer for auctions because they might forget or be busy around the time the auction ends, but for people that buy it now there is no excuse. You clicked the "Buy it Now" button, that means that you should spend the extra ten seconds to send it through PayPal, not click Buy it Now and just say "screw it, I'll just pay for it later."

Another thing that really gets to me is when a buyer takes forever to pay, but when you check his/her feedback it's perfect and filled with comments like "great buyer! fast payment! A++++++" and it was posted the same day they bought your item. What the hell?! I try not to be pushy and send a ton of invoices or messages, but I just feel like Buy it Now is meant to be there for people that pay for it right when they click that button. I don't know. What do you guys do in this situation?[/QUOTE]

You do realize that you can ask for immediate payment during Buy It Now listings, right?

The thing I hate the most are people who utilize "Best Offer" and I'll accept their offer, or they accept my counter offer, yet they end up not paying in the long run. Are you fucking kidding me?

[quote name='HydroX']You do realize that you can ask for immediate payment during Buy It Now listings, right?[/QUOTE]

Only if you upgrade your Paypal account. Basic accounts won't let you.

[quote name='DNukem170']Only if you upgrade your Paypal account. Basic accounts won't let you.[/QUOTE]

Wow, didn't realize there were different tiers to PayPal. I signed up maybe 10-11 years ago (when I first signed up with eBay) and I have never had to upgrade anything. I've always had the option to do so.

[quote name='GBAstar']South America, or any country whose home postal service has "correios" in the title, is going to be on the losing end of reliability. I have found most of Europe to be fine. Germany has very slow and meticulous customs (they inspect everything). I have never had a problem with Japan or Australia---to the point where I would feel safer shipping something there then to a domestic buyer. Lots of packages went missing to Canada and Russia (funny how its only the ones without tracking).[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I remember searching a random eBay thread and a ton of sellers were complaining about Brazil in particular. I remember some Brazilian member asking me to change the shipping address to his country after payment was made for an Xbox console I had once. I shipped it to the listed address.

[quote name='GBAstar']I survive on eBay because of international buyers. In fact if I have a multi quantity listing and I get a streak of U.S. buyers I raise the price by a few dollars. International buyers are willing to pay more.

I also ship first class international (no tracking with the exception of Canada; 19 more countries will get DC on FCI pacakges in April) but I insure these packages with 3rd party insurance (either shipsurance.com or u-pic.com). Both of those companies are great because the cost to insure a package is low (for me); just $1.10 per $100 worth of coverage. That and they reimburse based on the invoice, meaning if I sold a $200 item and declared it as $30 I'm getting reimbursed $200 (post office insurance doesn't work that way) and they also reimburse the cost of postage (post office doesn't do that either). Furthermore I've never had a claim denied and they pay out much faster then the post office.

I'm not trying to be a dick but can you find proof where it says it is illegal if you misrepresent the item class (i.e. gift, document, merchandise) or the value? And furthermore can you find a case where someone was charge/prosecuted for doing that? Outside of people misrepresenting what is in shipping containers (freight) you won't be able to. I have marked many many many many many many many items, on a daily basis, internationally as "gifts" with a low value. The reason being many countries, like Brazil for example, tax any item with a total value (including shipping) in excess of $50. They tax these sometimes at 60%. So not only is your buyer stuck paying huge import taxes it is going to take much longer to be delivered because any item that is assessed VAT or import taxes gets processed separately.

If your not comfortable with doing that (nothing wrong with being a morale oral) then I suggest you cancel any purchase where a buyer asks you to do it post facto.

I think this service sucks. Buyers end up paying more, considerably more, then they would if the seller just shipped it to them directly. eBay assesses the VAT fee into the invoice for the item for you and the buyer pays for that ahead of time regardless of whether or not the item would have been actually taxed by the buyer's country. You're talking about what, 30+ countries and your going to tell me eBay knows exactly what items would be taxed and at what percentages?

Also remember this program only protects you against INR's.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. If you're not prepared to cut some slack to the buyer then i don't think selling internationally is for you. You're going to run into angry buyers pretty much every single time.

[quote name='TiKi2']If you insure a package on shipsaver through ebay it's .79 cents per $100[/QUOTE]

You can't insure First Class International (FCI) package through eBay... so......

Thanks Hydro and GBAstar for the international shipping info. I replied back and let them know I'd be happy to ship to Germany, just provide a postal code and Ill give them a quote. Although I can imagine they'd want to pay $20 ish dollars for shipping on a $20-$30 item.

GBAstar, you are an encyclopedia of ebay info, thanks.

[quote name='HydroX']Wow, didn't realize there were different tiers to PayPal. I signed up maybe 10-11 years ago (when I first signed up with eBay) and I have never had to upgrade anything. I've always had the option to do so.[/QUOTE]

You probably just didn't notice that you were upgraded. I joined in 2004 and didn't notice up until a year ago that my account was listed as Premier. I don't remember doing any upgrading either. I read that most veteran sellers/eBayers are now converted to Premier thanks to PayPal.

[quote name='GBAstar']You can't insure First Class International (FCI) package through eBay... so......[/QUOTE]

Did I say anything about first class international.....

[quote name='TiKi2']Did I say anything about first class international.....[/QUOTE]

What's your point then? We are talking international shipping and you throw out some number about $.70 per $100 of coverage through eBay's insurance program which isn't even accurate or correct in regards to ANY type of international coverage.

Just for giggles I checked a $60 video game to france and they wanted $1.65

Postage cost: $35.65
ShipCover Insurance (for $51.98):
Premium: $1.65
Surplus lines tax: $0.05
Surplus lines stamping fee: $0.00
Total:$37.35

International buyers pay me SO MUCH MORE for games that I figure in the event that I do lose one game I would probably still be ahead based on how much more they are willing to pay me. Also it seems like 80% of my games would not sell, as most of them are sold to international buyers and only get one bid.

There are certain items that I would not ship international, but seems to be fine with games.

I once shipped a game to mexico and the buyer never got it, that was my only loss, but it was only a $10 game, so again, I am probably still ahead. I do not ship to mexico anymore.

I have never had a problem shipping to Brazil, shipped things there several times.

I over charged about $5 for FCI packages (the most likely to disappear) and a $1 or $2 for Priority or Express. My thinking is that it is enough to cover the insurance + a little extra to make it worth my while.

It can be stressful though.

[quote name='HydroX']You do realize that you can ask for immediate payment during Buy It Now listings, right?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I need to see what I can do to get upgraded.

[quote name='parKer']You probably just didn't notice that you were upgraded. I joined in 2004 and didn't notice up until a year ago that my account was listed as Premier. I don't remember doing any upgrading either. I read that most veteran sellers/eBayers are now converted to Premier thanks to PayPal.[/QUOTE]

Great info to know. Thanks. I never even noticed. haha

Back to the international shipping discussion, I just received a message from ebay on log in that's offering 50% off FVF through March 31 if I enroll in the international shipping program.

Considering I really don't have time to deal with going to the PO to fill out the customs forms, this sounds like a good idea. Anyone have any experience with it?

Does anyone know the way to contact eBay to report a seller? I was going over listings this morning and found a user who is selling original Xbox games as "brand new" with crap shrink wrap jobs and missing security stickers.

I usually print out my shipping label and pay using the funds that the buyer sent me but if I ever were to pay for the shipping label after I had already swept the funds out of my Paypal account, would Paypal just draw upon my linked credit card or would I have to deal with an overdraft charge since the eBay shipping module only takes out what's actually sitting in Paypal funds (and not secondary sources like linked credit cards)?

[quote name='blindinglights']Does anyone know the way to contact eBay to report a seller? I was going over listings this morning and found a user who is selling original Xbox games as "brand new" with crap shrink wrap jobs and missing security stickers.[/QUOTE]

On the item's listing there's a "report item" button and there's a bunch of different categories to report for something like that.

[quote name='Donut2922']On the item's listing there's a "report item" button and there's a bunch of different categories to report for something like that.[/QUOTE]

I did that but couldn't find an appropriate option. I reported it anyways, but I assume they will ignore it because the description on the item report doesn't actually indicate what is wrong and unless I'm missing something they no longer actually allow you to add comments to the report.

[quote name='Donut2922']I usually print out my shipping label and pay using the funds that the buyer sent me but if I ever were to pay for the shipping label after I had already swept the funds out of my Paypal account, would Paypal just draw upon my linked credit card or would I have to deal with an overdraft charge since the eBay shipping module only takes out what's actually sitting in Paypal funds (and not secondary sources like linked credit cards)?[/QUOTE]
Is there a way to specifically pay using the funds from the buyer? I just started to print labels from ebay since I bought a scale. The postage costs came out of my paypal balance though.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Back to the international shipping discussion, I just received a message from ebay on log in that's offering 50% off FVF through March 31 if I enroll in the international shipping program.

Considering I really don't have time to deal with going to the PO to fill out the customs forms, this sounds like a good idea. Anyone have any experience with it?[/QUOTE]

Why would you go to the post office? I print all my international label on line.

[quote name='trollape74']Is there a way to specifically pay using the funds from the buyer? I just started to print labels from ebay since I bought a scale. The postage costs came out of my paypal balance though.[/QUOTE]

I'm not following you. Shouldn't your PayPal balance ALWAYS be made up of funds from your buyers? Or are you subject to payment holds?

[quote name='62t']Why would you go to the post office? I print all my international label on line.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Their is absolutely no reason to be paying for postage at the post office. eBay has finally updated it's shipping program to include parcel select (the old parcel post). You are going to be paying significantly more, not to mention "Time is money" by paying directly at the post office.

Treat yourself---but a scale and a printer that runs on toner. If you ship even just a few packages a month you will end up saving money in the long run.

However their are a few countries that through eBay shipping you can NOT print Priority Mail International or Express Mail International labels. I'm not sure why this is; I contacted both USPS and eBay about it and never got a sound answer.

For those countries I just print the labels through my stamps.com account but you could also do it through PayPal directly.

Edit:

Also if you're going to be shipping internationally frequently and using a PMI or EMI service go to USPS.com and order some of the PS Form 2976-E label pouches (they are free). You need them for the Priority and Express shipments because the custom form prints on 2 sheets of paper (4 labels) and need to be affixed to the package via those pouches.

Thanks GBAStar for introducing me to Shipinsurance.com. :) Looks a lot better and easier than using Shipcover or USPS insurance.

I've been using the eBay international shipping program for a month now, and it's a great program. I've shipped about 10 packages internationally and no problems...at least not yet.

[quote name='Donut2922']I usually print out my shipping label and pay using the funds that the buyer sent me but if I ever were to pay for the shipping label after I had already swept the funds out of my Paypal account, would Paypal just draw upon my linked credit card or would I have to deal with an overdraft charge since the eBay shipping module only takes out what's actually sitting in Paypal funds (and not secondary sources like linked credit cards)?[/QUOTE]

Paying anything from PayPal will first deduct from the PayPal account. If there are not enough funds, the balance is automatically taken from whatever bank account you linked with. There is no extra fee for this.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm not following you. Shouldn't your PayPal balance ALWAYS be made up of funds from your buyers? Or are you subject to payment holds? [/QUOTE]
My payments are always held till delivery is confirmed since I'm still not an established seller. However I thought I read somewhere that if I printed labels through ebay they'd release enough funds to cover shipping. I had 15 in my paypal before I shipped out 5 items then I checked my paypal and it was gone plus my linked bank account was charged the remaining cost.

[quote name='62t']Why would you go to the post office? I print all my international label on line.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, I have a scale and print all my domestic labels at my house, but I had no idea you could print customs forms online! I rememeber only doing it once or twice at the PO and it being a 10 minute process, plus the 20 minute line to stand in just to get up there.

Good to know others have used the ebay customs clearing program, I think I'll enroll, 50% off FVF would make a huge difference (~5-6%).

Also, just as another general tip for the thread, buy your bubble mailers in bulk. I got a box of 250 off ebay for $30!

What is it with people waiting until after they buy and pay for an item to ask a question?

Yesterday I sold a Wii game and someone asked me if it works on Wii U, then I sold a game today and was asked if it is the Greatest Hits version or not (If I sell a Greatest Hits game, I always mention it).

[quote name='YoshiFan1']What is it with people waiting until after they buy and pay for an item to ask a question?

Yesterday I sold a Wii game and someone asked me if it works on Wii U, then I sold a game today and was asked if it is the Greatest Hits version or not (If I sell a Greatest Hits game, I always mention it).[/QUOTE]

People are dumb.

So theyre changing to a flat 10% fee and BIN must be 30!!!!% over starting price, next month. Pretty much killed my desire to sell anything over $100 on it.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']What is it with people waiting until after they buy and pay for an item to ask a question?

Yesterday I sold a Wii game and someone asked me if it works on Wii U, then I sold a game today and was asked if it is the Greatest Hits version or not (If I sell a Greatest Hits game, I always mention it).[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen yesterday. Guys buys something that I had free shipping within the U.S. and email to ask if I ship to Canada. No, if I shipped to Canada it would have had a International shipping option NumbNuts.

[quote name='edson13']So theyre changing to a flat 10% fee and BIN must be 30!!!!% over starting price, next month. Pretty much killed my desire to sell anything over $100 on it.[/QUOTE]

oy... only a matter of time before they are taking 50% of your sales.

[quote name='edson13']So theyre changing to a flat 10% fee and BIN must be 30!!!!% over starting price, next month. Pretty much killed my desire to sell anything over $100 on it.[/QUOTE]

Don't they already charge 10% of FV on auction listings and 13% on BIN video game items?

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Don't they already charge 10% of FV on auction listings and 13% on BIN video game items?[/QUOTE]

For video game related items, I think it was actually 9% for auction style listings vs. BIN which was 13%. So the 10% change is a decrease in overall fees especially if you list BIN most of the time. It's good that they also cut down the unpaid buyer cases down by 2 days. I thought 8 days was always way too long for a buyer to pay. They need to up the penalty on unpaid transactions though. Like allow sellers to block buyers that have just one unpaid transaction instead of two.

Question: Does eBay charge you an insertion fee for each item if you list multiple quantities of the same item? For example, if the insertion fee is 50 cents, and I list 5 copies of an item (as one listing), would I get charged 5 times over or just one time? I read it awhile back but I still was unsure about whether they charged it per listing vs. per item regardless of listing.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']It should just be $0.50 no matter how many items you have if its the same listing.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they charge you .50 for the initial listing, but each time one of that item sells, they charge you the .50 it would cost to have an individual listing for that item, as well as the normal final value fees.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Don't they already charge 10% of FV on auction listings and 13% on BIN video game items?[/QUOTE]

they charged you 13% of the first $50 and 5% of anything over that.

Not a rant from me, but probably the other side of a rant from someone else: I really fucked up on "sniping" an auction today for the first time ever. Let's just say I misplaced a decimal point and just clicked through the confirm popup because there was only 2 seconds left. The good news is, I think the seller can just do a Second Chance offer and probably get more for the item than he might have otherwise because there was someone else bidding awfully high too. I feel like a dick and am a dick for getting sloppy with this "snipe" attempt, but at the same time, I'm not draining my bank account for an absurd mistake, even though it was my fault. And at least I notified him immediately. I could alternatively just have not said anything, not paid and received my first ever (and likely last ever) non-payment strike, which wouldn't affect much after 30 days.

bread's done
Back