Refund for End of Playstation Official Magazine?

J7.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
After emailing back and forth with magazine cust service they told me I had to contact amazon re a refund or new magazine replacement since i ordered through there. amazon refunded me what was left on my sub.

Last edited by a moderator:
No not yet. I had forgot about it myself until yesterday. I'm going to call them soon, gotta look at my magazine and see how many issues left.

I've never gotten a refund when a magazine I subscribed to got cancelled. The publisher usually just transfers the remaining subscription to another one of their magazines.

I was in the same boat that you are. Sent them an e-mail and this is the response I got:

Please do not respond to this e-mail.

We will be in touch in the coming 4-8 weeks regarding your remaining subscription term. We ask for your patience as we work through the closure steps.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']I was in the same boat that you are. Sent them an e-mail and this is the response I got:

Please do not respond to this e-mail.

We will be in touch in the coming 4-8 weeks regarding your remaining subscription term. We ask for your patience as we work through the closure steps.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I think I'll also email them and see if I get the same response.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I've never gotten a refund when a magazine I subscribed to got cancelled. The publisher usually just transfers the remaining subscription to another one of their magazines.[/QUOTE]

When EGM ended they sent Maxim in it's place but they also gave the option of contacting them for a pro-rated refund. If I recall correctly I got into a big argument with them on the phone regarding how many issues I received/had left to refund.

[quote name='J7.']Cool. I think I'll also email them and see if I get the same response.

When EGM ended they sent Maxim in it's place but they also gave the option of contacting them for a pro-rated refund. If I recall correctly I got into a big argument with them on the phone regarding how many issues I received/had left to refund.[/QUOTE]

That company is stupid, I've been getting Maxim for years (knocks on wood) and I've never subscribed to them. I honestly don't know why I keep on getting magazines but I keep on getting them so I wont complain, why can't they fuck up and send me Playboy instead.

I've had that happen with other magazines (Rolling Stone was one).

I think sometimes they just keep sending (or restart subs) to people who's subscription expired to keep circulation numbers up so they can charge advertisers more as that's where they really make their money.

After emailing back and forth with magazine cust service they told me I had to contact amazon re a refund or new magazine replacement since i ordered through there. amazon refunded me what was left on my sub.

[quote name='J7.']After emailing back and forth with magazine cust service they told me I had to contact amazon re a refund or new magazine replacement since i ordered through there. amazon refunded me what was left on my sub.[/QUOTE]
Amazon ftw

[quote name='slidecage']i still never got my nintendo power one either[/QUOTE]

still never got a refund said i was not a member even though i have the last book saying i have a membership till feb 2014

Most likely your subscription will be put into a magazine of a "similar demographic."

At E3 2004 I went to the Ziff Davis booth and bought 2-year subscriptions to each of their 4 magazines (OPM, OXM, EGM, and the EB Games Mag that went away when GS bought EB) for a grand total of $40. Each time one of those mags shut down my subscription was tacked onto my Maxim subscription automatically without asking me. Now I have a Maxim subscription until April 2017 and I haven't paid for it since about 2005.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Most likely your subscription will be put into a magazine of a "similar demographic."

At E3 2004 I went to the Ziff Davis booth and bought 2-year subscriptions to each of their 4 magazines (OPM, OXM, EGM, and the EB Games Mag that went away when GS bought EB) for a grand total of $40. Each time one of those mags shut down my subscription was tacked onto my Maxim subscription automatically without asking me. Now I have a Maxim subscription until April 2017 and I haven't paid for it since about 2005.[/QUOTE]

People on CAG have been getting Maxim free so it's not like that is compensation imo.

I'm like 6 issues into a a free year.

That's like subbing to a car magazine and when it gets cancelled they give you gun magazine instead.

Video games magaznies are something I never throw away. Maxim is toilet paper.

bread's done
Back