GameStop Ad for 2/6 - 2/12

i guess they've vowed to never to a b2g1 on used games ever again. I need to load up on some games and these jabroni's won't give me a reason to use credit.

[quote name='tbassett']i guess they've vowed to never to a b2g1 on used games ever again. I need to load up on some games and these jabroni's won't give me a reason to use credit.[/QUOTE]

b2g1 all year long on ps2 games, what are you talking about?

[quote name='tbassett']i guess they've vowed to never to a b2g1 on used games ever again. I need to load up on some games and these jabroni's won't give me a reason to use credit.[/QUOTE]
No shit. I got $80 credit to spend, and been buying shit on eBay all week....not gonna need to get anything at Gamestop soon. Might just get a PS+ card or something.

I figure it will be March before we see the sale.

FYI--you may want to check a Gamestop that is near a Best Buy, since they have a B2G1 sale, one local store does special trade bonuses based on Best Buy's promos.

[quote name='SEGAMew']I suspect lack of storewide B2G1 is a ploy to get you to get PUR and "earn" the B2G1 coupon.[/QUOTE]

Huh, never thought of that...
Imo I think it's backfiring. GameStop is closing 500+ stores (luckily the one I work at isn't)

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Huh, never thought of that...
Imo I think it's backfiring. GameStop is closing 500+ stores (luckily the one I work at isn't)[/QUOTE]

Wow. 500 is alot. I think last I heard there was like 4400 in the US.
You flippers must be killing them.

Why didn't I just buy a 3DS the week of Christmas. They haven't had a sale of it since then. You'd think they'll try to have better sales with so many stores closing.
Is there a way to look up what's stores they're closing?

Edit: oh and thanks op. I forgot to thank you after all my bitching.

Dragon's Dogma $40. The new Update version is coming out soon with all the extra for $40 may cheap on release day. Why buy bad version instead waiting for superior version!

Wow.. Kinect is 5 bucks cheaper than when I bought it at the $99 MSRP...oh wait, MSRP there is $109 now lol

Lol, sadly, one of the cooler guys at my Gamestop is quitting, but fortunately for a better job. So he decided that for his last week he would just talk in an Australian accent, and when I was in there to ask about my Fire Emblem 3DS, it was hilarious watching him talk to customers.

Cool story

[quote name='mrclutch']Wow. 500 is alot. I think last I heard there was like 4400 in the US.
You flippers must be killing them.[/QUOTE]

not when you consider how many there are in areas. there are 5 near me, in fact up until recently I had 2 gamestops in 1 mall, 1 floor above each other, it made no sense to me why they would do this, not to mention I imagine "gamestop kids" failed miserably.

Just save your credit for PS4/720

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Huh, never thought of that...
Imo I think it's backfiring. GameStop is closing 500+ stores (luckily the one I work at isn't)[/QUOTE]

what's it like working at gamestop?

not surprised they are closing some stores, i have 9 within a 25 minute drive from where i live, always thought it seemed like over kill and we used to have 2 in the local mall until they closed one last year

i'm surprised there hasnt been a b2g1 since thanksgiving weekend, typically they have one in mid december than another during christmas and then another in january

Gamestop, you've done it again. Another suck week. And that garbage tiered trade-in program is still there. Gamestop is closing 500 stores? Just add another 4000 stores closing to that list and I'll be happy.

[quote name='Wario64']Garbage[/QUOTE]

I guess the business model here is that they expect people to be using 'trade in credit' so they do not need to lower the prices?

[quote name='mrclutch']Wow. 500 is alot. I think last I heard there was like 4400 in the US.
You flippers must be killing them.[/QUOTE]

A good chunk of those are leftovers from when eb games merged. There are a lot of gamestops that are very close to other gamestops. Many stayed open simply due to rental contracts not expiring. An honestly when I was there a lot of times each store individually would still be profitable. It was weird to call across the street though to see if something was in stock.

[quote name='Barry Burton']what's it like working at gamestop?

[/QUOTE]

What's it like working there?
All my co-workers are great, but there have been issues for the past 2 months at my store with us not getting enough hours. I haven't had a shift now since January :roll:

I've worked there for over 2 yrs now...I've learned pretty much everything about GameStop...good and bad

I'll never regret it though; I love video games and I love working with the customers. I have learned much from working there. Management where I work is also really nice and understanding. It's just I've seen some questionable decisions go down there because of decisions made by whoever the CEO is.

Ex: Game's normal price is 19.99. One week we had a sale; the sticker I covered the previous price over was for 19.98 :|
Ex: I am no longer allowed to sign ppl up for GameInformer print issue unless they specifically ask for it; I have to sign them up for digital

This isn't GameStop's fault though really; the goal is to save and make money for all companies. Still annoying though :c

[quote name='Fukurou']Gamestop, you've done it again. Another suck week. And that garbage tiered trade-in program is still there. Gamestop is closing 500 stores? Just add another 4000 stores closing to that list and I'll be happy.[/QUOTE]

woah woah hold on there buddy lol. gamestop isnt the best at times but over the last year and a half i have gotten plenty of great things from them (if you know what you are doing that is lol). not to mention ive gotten tons of penny guides from them :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']woah woah hold on there buddy lol. gamestop isnt the best at times but over the last year and a half i have gotten plenty of great things from them (if you know what you are doing that is lol). not to mention ive gotten tons of penny guides from them :)[/QUOTE]

gotta love those penny guides:bouncy:

[quote name='Fukurou']Gamestop, you've done it again. Another suck week. And that garbage tiered trade-in program is still there. Gamestop is closing 500 stores? Just add another 4000 stores closing to that list and I'll be happy.[/QUOTE]

But then I would lose my job! D: XD

[quote name='ndheah']Am I missing something? How much is PS All Stars for Vita?[/QUOTE]

I think both version are $39.99 now.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']But then I would lose my job! D: XD[/QUOTE]I deliver to GS & some of the stuff they tell me is crazy. Is it true that employees that don't take games home are assumed to be stealing?

[quote name='strait edge follower']oh the things i could do if gamestop sold bestbuy gift cards. sigh i could dream right lmao[/QUOTE]LOL well if BB kept better TIV's it was kinda the same thing besidess you know GS would definitely charge a activation fee for BB/AMZ cards along the lines of $5.

[quote name='Enuf']I deliver to GS & some of the stuff they tell me is crazy. Is it true that employees that don't take games home are assumed to be stealing?

[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure what ur asking. Do you mean that if employees don't buy games we are assumed to be stealing? That's not true at my store; we are mostly chill with each other. But from my time working there employees have been fired for stealing

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']I'm not really sure what ur asking. Do you mean that if employees don't buy games we are assumed to be stealing? That's not true at my store; we are mostly chill with each other. But from my time working there employees have been fired for stealing[/QUOTE]In regards to taking the "new" games home to play so they can give advice to customers & as a perk for working there. It was told to me that employees who didn't "borrow games were assumed to be stealing, seems weird to me since that type of assumption would lead to major lawsuits especially from my lawyer.

There's some so/so games & niche titles drops that can be had for cheap
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337794

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']But then I would lose my job! D: XD[/QUOTE]
No offense, but it doesn't sound like much of a job if you haven't worked there in over a month. I hope for your sake you don't have any real bills/expenses or at least have another PT job, sheesh.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Dragon's Dogma $40. The new Update version is coming out soon with all the extra for $40 may cheap on release day. Why buy bad version instead waiting for superior version![/QUOTE]

Probably the same reasons I just sold my Sniper Elite v2 for $20 on Amazon, because people can be either, generally-uninformed (there's a new SEv2 coming out, in my situation so I sold mine quick--and only paid $15 for it on Black Friday) and/or completely impatient. :cool:

[quote name='Enuf']In regards to taking the "new" games home to play so they can give advice to customers & as a perk for working there. It was told to me that employees who didn't "borrow games were assumed to be stealing, seems weird to me since that type of assumption would lead to major lawsuits especially from my lawyer.

There's some so/so games & niche titles drops that can be had for cheap
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337794[/QUOTE]

Many of my co-workers borrow games but I rarely do; being a double major at PSU does that to you lol my game time is limited. They don't think I steal of course 4 not trying the new games I just don't have time :lol:

[quote name='Sanges99']No offense, but it doesn't sound like much of a job if you haven't worked there in over a month. I hope for your sake you don't have any real bills/expenses or at least have another PT job, sheesh.
[/QUOTE]

I have a second job no worries! Haha I just continue to 'work there' because when I do get hours it's a fun job. It's just annoying that my co-workers and I aren't getting hours atm >_

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']What's it like working there?
All my co-workers are great, but there have been issues for the past 2 months at my store with us not getting enough hours. I haven't had a shift now since January :roll:

I've worked there for over 2 yrs now...I've learned pretty much everything about GameStop...good and bad

I'll never regret it though; I love video games and I love working with the customers. I have learned much from working there. Management where I work is also really nice and understanding. It's just I've seen some questionable decisions go down there because of decisions made by whoever the CEO is.

Ex: Game's normal price is 19.99. One week we had a sale; the sticker I covered the previous price over was for 19.98 :|
Ex: I am no longer allowed to sign ppl up for GameInformer print issue unless they specifically ask for it; I have to sign them up for digital

This isn't GameStop's fault though really; the goal is to save and make money for all companies. Still annoying though :c[/QUOTE]
That's not really an issue for just your store, basically most of the stores lol. If you aren't one of their major stores they aren't going to give them hours.

I have over 500 dollars in store credit at GS. Last time I was there they looked kind of nervous and asked if I was going to spend it soon.

I keep telling them I'm saving for PS4 or Nextbox.

I dont like to keep that much cash tied up in a store but there's been nothing to buy at GS lately. Best Buy has all the promos I need.

[quote name='atlantis']I have over 500 dollars in store credit at GS. Last time I was there they looked kind of nervous and asked if I was going to spend it soon.

I dont like to keep that much cash tied up in a store but there's been nothing to buy at GS lately. Best Buy has all the promos I need.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have close to $200 of in store credit at GS, but I'm waiting for a b2g1 sale to use it as I have a couple of games that I'd like to get, but am not in need of them immediately. Your right why buy new games at GS when Best Buy has their awesome $20 reward zone preorder certificates.

[quote name='atlantis']I have over 500 dollars in store credit at GS. Last time I was there they looked kind of nervous and asked if I was going to spend it soon.

I dont like to keep that much cash tied up in a store but there's been nothing to buy at GS lately. Best Buy has all the promos I need.[/QUOTE]
Why would he look nervous?

[quote name='TooPoor']Why would he look nervous?[/QUOTE]

The clerk told me someone from corporate had called and asked about it. I guess they don't want to function as a bank.

bread's done
Back