Amazon Brand New Blu-rays Deal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice prices. Ya know, you could turn this thread into topic about decent $5 blu rays. There's a lot on amazon but having to sift through them is horrendous sometimes due to how it sorts the pricing out.

Or better yet, just make a cheap blu ray horror thread. I would love you forever!

I'm in for Rambo, hopefully the price drops on the blu ray box set though. Been waiting for that one.

OP, please stop putting FSS in the title of your threads. FSS is a "given" with Amazon and we don't need to keep stating it over and over again.

[quote name='shrike4242']OP, please stop putting FSS in the title of your threads. FSS is a "given" with Amazon and we don't need to keep stating it over and over again.[/QUOTE]
Some people are new and do not know. I see people ask often enough so i put it there so they do not keep asking.. Amazon also sells stuff 3rd party as well that costs shipping. I am here just to help others and shocked it was removed.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Some people are new and do not know. I see people ask often enough so i put it there so they do not keep asking.. Amazon also sells stuff 3rd party as well that costs shipping. I am here just to help others and shocked it was removed.[/QUOTE]

We appreciate your sentiment, but if people are new then they have no idea what "FSS" means anyway. Also, it's "FSSS" or Free Super Saver Shipping. Every page already mentions the FSSS info so any new person can see that. Amazon even reminds them to add a certain amount of products to their cart to qualify of it. And finally, if you say something is from Amazon, then that's enough for everyone to assume it's from them, and not a third party seller/shipper.

[quote name='ssjmichael']We appreciate your sentiment, but if people are new then they have no idea what "FSS" means anyway. Also, it's "FSSS" or Free Super Saver Shipping. Every page already mentions the FSSS info so any new person can see that. Amazon even reminds them to add a certain amount of products to their cart to qualify of it. And finally, if you say something is from Amazon, then that's enough for everyone to assume it's from them, and not a third party seller/shipper.[/QUOTE]

I understand and mostly agree. I click threads sometimes from others and then see it had shipping extra so that is why i put it. I also felt censored and did not think i broke the rules if i did sorry. I just did not see it coming. I feel like and idiot missing that S! :lol:

[quote name='WV Matsui']Do these deals have FSSS???

Kidding :)

Anyway, great idea! Tagged![/QUOTE]
Yeah i just hope it picks up and others help when they can. I am using a dumb on screen keyboard on my pc right now so that is why a bunch more is not added. I am new to blurays so i am hunting often.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Winter's Bone [Blu-ray] (2010) $5

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Winters-Bone-Blu-ray/ref=%26%2574%2561g%3d%2562l%2575r%2561y%252d022%252d20?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-022-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B003EYVXTQ&ASIN=B003EYVXTQ&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER[/QUOTE]
Man, this movie is really good, but I don't think I can pull the trigger since I can't see myself watching it again. Jennifer Lawrence is tremendous in it, though, and I highly recommend it to anyone who has yet to see it.

[quote name='simmias']Man, this movie is really good, but I don't think I can pull the trigger since I can't see myself watching it again. Jennifer Lawrence is tremendous in it, though, and I highly recommend it to anyone who has yet to see it.[/QUOTE]
It just raised to $9.77 this thread must be working. :lol:
I ordered before i posted looks real good. I hope price goes back down for others.

[quote name='simmias']Man, this movie is really good, but I don't think I can pull the trigger since I can't see myself watching it again. Jennifer Lawrence is tremendous in it, though, and I highly recommend it to anyone who has yet to see it.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Fantastic movie, but not something I'd rewatch enough to own. Trying to cut back on movies like that as better to just buy things that I'm pretty sure I'll rewatch at least every 5 years or so as I have too much crap on the shelf I never watch as is.

Can always Netflix things I want to see again once years down the road etc.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Thanks i had half of those listed already but thanks for the rest. :D[/QUOTE]
My fault, I'm an idiot hah.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']damn, hardly anything is 5 anymore. Should have gotten some yesterday. Thanks anyways.[/QUOTE]
Yeah when i started posting these they die fast. Not many comment here but views are high. I was hoping more would help posting deals...

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to move on it feels i am just wasting time. I do not get paid for this and 95% of 1,500 plus viewers do not talk. I wanted to help others while getting a idea which low priced stuff i should grab first. Thanks for the 10 or so users that posted. I know why there isn't a thread like this cause they end up feeling like i do. Sorry i just do not feel it is worth it here.

Peace

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I decided to move on it feels i am just wasting time. I do not get paid for this and 95% of 1,500 plus viewers do not talk. I wanted to help others while getting a idea which low priced stuff i should grab first. Thanks for the 10 or so users that posted. I know why there isn't a thread like this cause they end up feeling like i do. Sorry i just do not feel it is worth it here.

Peace[/QUOTE]Re-opened, as it's a wiki thread and others can help, even if the OP thinks there's no one else helping.

[quote name='shrike4242']Re-opened, as it's a wiki thread and others can help, even if the OP thinks there's no one else helping.[/QUOTE]
I closed it cause hardly anyone talks and others posting deals was cool but i can live without that.

There was a bug when i closed it and seen wiki still there so was curious so i clicked to see what happens. I then could not do anything. Shocked it was reopened and saying i closed it cause nobody was helping was not correct. This thread was pretty much a dead zone with hardly any chit chat that is why i closed it. 2,000 views and 10-15 posts is not a good thing. I just felt like i was helping non members mostly.

I might do more down the road if people keep active in here. I made it to help decide which is a must get from what i found since i am new to bluray and help others in the process. I am used to the active game deal threads i guess with people talking about deals people post nonstop.

Last edited by a moderator:
transparent-pixel._V386942464_.gif

Arachnophobia [Blu-ray] $8.99

You just opened the thread 4 days ago, keep your expectations in check. It's probably never going to be grand central in here either. People will just check it every now and then to see if anything good pops up.

We appreciate your dedication, but don't go through too much work scouring Amazon for deals, just post whatever you happen to come across.

[quote name='ssjmichael']You just opened the thread 4 days ago, keep your expectations in check. It's probably never going to be grand central in here either. People will just check it every now and then to see if anything good pops up.

We appreciate your dedication, but don't go through too much work scouring Amazon for deals, just post whatever you happen to come across.[/QUOTE]
4 days ago 2,000 views like 10 posts besides mine is bad. I went by that and yeah i found out the hard way this section is not to talkative. I just figured if i do a great job for 3-4 days i could get something nice going and test the waters. I am not upset but you got to know when to pull the plug. :lol:

I will post off and on here for deals but i need to find more active bluray forum. I just got one so i want to go wild learning and posting deals and hear opinions if bluray transfer is meh on the sale ones. I love cag in general and you people seem to rock. I just have no clue what ones to buy and why i went crazy posting deals i wanted feedback on them sometimes.

I will post what i can.

[quote name='irighti']thanks for the work you have put into the thread. I found a few titles that had slipped through the cracks.

that said lady in the water, oh man no need to post that at any price. :)[/QUOTE]
I was just reading how it looks meh. :cry: I really liked it at the movies.

The hardest part is keeping up with the price changes and pretty much made me ahhh :lol: They jack it up then back down all the time so that was the worst. I see often see 3rd party selling new cheaper to with the fsss so always check that.

Some tips if you see a seller selling cheap with fsss check there inventory and bookmark it. They usually have only one copy so buy it asap.

Once i get a new keyboard this will be so much easier. The onscreen virtual kb is so slow.

[quote name='FiendCameron']Haven't seen anything that tickled my fancy, but I really do appreciate the effort you're putting into this. Thanks man![/QUOTE]
I been hunting 3rd party deals today. I scored some good stuff today. There were only 1 each of what i bought so not worth posting since i bought them.

Here i use this for cheap sold by amazon ones only.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st?bbn=2625373011&qid=1363294332&rh=n%3A2625373011%2Cp_74%3A0-999%2Cp_n_format_browse-bin%3A2650305011%2Cp_85%3A2470955011&sort=price

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back