Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
This is a continuation of the previous thread which was getting crowded.​
Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions.
Code drops are allowed in this thread. I just ask that you state that you have a code available and let the interested parties send you a pm to obtain it. :)
If you have code drops, please post them in here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307085
Here are some helpful resources as well as a short FAQ file:

Game Review & Deal Sites

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Tracking Sites

148 Apps
App Shopper iOS / App Shopper Mac
Free App Alert
Touch Arcade
Free App A Day

App & Game Review Sites

IGN Wireless
MacLife iPad
MacLife iPod/iPhone
Slide to Play
Touch Arcade
Touch Gen
TUAW Games

Free App Offers:
• Crate and Barrel is currently giving away a variety of apps, music, and books for free. Some apps of note are ones found on the recommended list. For more information check out the following link:
Get The Download by Crate and Barrel
• Starbucks offers an app, song, and book of the week. These apps, songs, and books can be picked up in stores. They're little cards with a code on them that you redeem in iTunes on either your Mac/PC or iPhone/iPad/iPod. Starbucks has a website where they'll occasionally offer these apps, songs and books online as well via a link, meaning you don't even need to go to one of their stores to get these apps, songs, and books. For more information check out the following link:
iOS Pick of the Week by Starbucks

Free App offers from Developers
• Get a free copy of the Number Fill app for iOS by sending an email to [email protected] with subject "iOSApp:" (while supplies last).

YouTube Video Reviews

iPad Game Reviews
iPhone\iPod Touch Game Reviews

Apple Game Center

Apple Game Center allows you to keep a friends list, track your in game achievements, and compare with your friends. Many games support this.

Make sure to checkout the official CAG Game Center Exchange Thread. You can post your game center name and see the names of your favorite CAG'rs.

General iOS FAQ

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iOS devices. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.

2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.

3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday. Most notably is the fact that many developers discount their apps for Christmas and because Apple employees, in charge of App Store changes, take a break during the week of Christmas these discounts usually last until the new year.

4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.

5. Apps can be re-downloaded from your iOS device. To do this open the App Store and look for a tab called "Purchased". From here you can re-download any previously purchased apps.

6. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores and receiving cards as gifts are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.

7. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE or check the iTunes Store support page. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

8. If you somehow break your iOS device, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try using one of the repair guides on iFixit to repair it yourself. Apple Stores have been known to give discounts if you bring in a iOS device that they will not fix since it's not in warranty. This discount however is very small.

9. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Griffin Technologies and Zagg are also very good.

10. Universal Apps have a small plus sign in the upper left corner next to their price. They can be played natively on both the iPad and iPod/iPhone. iPhone games that are not universal can still be played on the iPad with a lower resolution. Non universal iPad games cannot be played on the iPhone.

Games by Genre as Recommended by Fellow CAGs

Feel free to add games, genres or move titles as needed. This list is to give CAGs a chance to catch up on high-quality games they may have missed and to get new users started on "can't miss" titles to download for their new iDevice.

Green titles are universal (ipad and iphone/ipod touch).
Italic are iPad only.
^ are retina optimized for the iPad.
* are iPhone 5/5th gen iPod Touch optimized.
Some game developers/companies like to offer free versions which are usually demos of the full version and a great way to check out and determine if you will actually like a particular game without paying anything. These demos are noted as such. Some game developers/companies like Zynga, however, like to offer free, AD-Supported, versions of their games which means you get the full game, but it features ads and by buying the paid version you remove those ads. AD-Supported games are noted as such.

Casual
Tiny Wings* (iPad Version^),
Angry Birds* (Free Demo*) ((iPad Version^) (Free iPad Demo^)), Seasons* (Free Demo) ((iPad Version) (Free iPad Demo)), Rio* (iPad Version), Space* (Free Demo*) ((iPad Version^) (Free iPad Demo^)), Star Wars* (Free Demo*) ((iPad Version^) (Free iPad Version^)), Star Wars II^*,
Bad Piggies* (Free Demo*) ((iPad Version) (Free iPad Demo^)),
Doodle Jump* (Free Demo*) ((iPad Version^) (Free iPad Demo^)),
Fruit Ninja* (Free Demo*) ((iPad Version) (Free iPad Demo^)),
Cut the Rope* (Free Demo*) ((iPad Version^) (Free iPad Demo^)), Experiments* (Free Demo*) ((iPad Version^) (Free iPad Demo^)), Time Travel* (iPad Version^),
World of Goo* (iPad Version^*),
Osmos* (iPad Version^),
Flight Control (Free Demo) (iPad Version),
Flight Control Rocket^,
Spy Mouse (iPad Version^),
Where's My Water^* (Free Demo^*),
Where's My Perry^* (Free Demo^*),
Where's My Mickey?* (iPad Version^) (Free Demo^*),
Where's My Water? 2^*,
Stay Alight!* (iPad Version^),
Let's Create Pottery HD^* (Free Demo^*),
Omicron* (iPad Version^),
Bejeweled* (iPad Version^),
Bejeweled Blitz^*,
Tetris* (iPad Version^),
Tetris Blitz^*

Shooter
Tilt to Live* (Free Demo) (iPad Version^),
Galaxy on Fire 2^*,
Espgaluda II* (Free Demo*) ((iPad Version^*) (Free iPad Demo^*)),
Dodonpachi Resurrection* (Free Demo*) ((iPad Version^*) (Free iPad Demo^*)),
Radiant* (iPad Version^),
MetalStorm: Online^*

F/TPS/Action
Shadowgun^,
Shadowgun: DeadZone^*,
N.O.V.A. (iPad Version),
N.O.V.A. 2 (iPad Version),
Infinity Blade,
Infinity Blade II^*,
Infinity Blade III^*
Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus (iPad Version),
Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation^,
Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour^*,
Dead Space* (iPad Version),
Wolfenstein 3D Classic (Free Demo),
Grand Theft Auto III^*,
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City^*,

Dual-Stick Shooter
Age of Zombies^* (Free Demo^*),
Minigore (iPad Version),
Minigore 2: Zombies^*,
Solomon's Keep,
Solomon's Boneyard

Action/Arcade
Jet Ball Premium* (Free Ad-Supported Version*) ((iPad Version^) (Free Ad-Supported iPad Version^)),
Super Mega Worm^* (Free Demo^*),
Zombie Highway^*,
Pac-Man Championship Edition,
Plunderland^*,
Anodia^* (Free Demo^*),
Super Hexagon*

Adventure
Super Brothers: Sword & Sworcery EP^*,
Broken Sword: Director's Cut^*, Broken Sword: The Smoking Mirror Remastered^*,
Broken Sword - The Smoking Mirror Remastered^*,
Back to the Future: The Game^*,
Back to the Future Ep 2 HD,
Back to the Future Ep 3 HD,
Back to the Future Ep 4 HD,
Back to the Future Ep 5 HD,
The Act^ (Free Demo^*),
Minecraft - Pocket Edition^*,
Swordigo^*

Platformer
League of Evil^*, League of Evil 2^*, League of Evil 3^*
Kami Retro* (iPad Version^),
Soosiz (iPad Version),
Frogatto,
Perfect Cell^* (Free Demo^*),
Beyond Ynth* (iPad Version^),
Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor* (iPad Version^),
EDGE^*,
EDGE Extended^*,
Rayman Jungle Run^*,
Machinarium* (iPad Version^*),
Cavorite^*, Cavorite 2^*, Cavorite 3^*,
Badland^*,
Sonic The Hedgehog^*,
Sonic The Hedgehog 2^*,
Sonic CD^*

Endless Runner
Robot Unicorn Attack^*, Robot Unicorn Attack: Christmas Edition^*, Robot Unicorn Attack: Heavy Metal Edition^*, Robot Unicorn Attack 2^*,
Temple Run^*,
Temple Run: Brave^*,
Jetpack Joyride^*,
Temple Run 2^*,
Temple Run: Oz^*

Tower Defense
Plants vs. Zombies* (iPad Version^),
Plants vs. Zombies 2^*,
The Creeps! (iPad Version),
Epic War TD Pro (iPad Version^),
Sentinel Mars Defense,
Sentinel Earth Defense,
Sentinel Homeworld^,
Guns'n'Glory^ (Free Ad-Supported Version^),
Anamoly Warzone Earth* (iPad Version^*),
Anomaly Korea^*

RPG
Ash II: Shadows^,
Zenonia,
Zenonia 2,
Zenonia 3,
Battleheart^*,
Chaos Rings (iPad Version),
Eternal Legacy (iPad Version),
Secret of Mana (yes, that Secret of Mana :D),
Avadon^,
Avernum^,
The Bard's Tale^*,
Baulder's Gate: Enhanced Edition^

Puzzle
Threes!^*,
The Room Pocket* (iPad Version^),
The Room 2^*,
War7*,
Rail Maze Pro (Free Demo) (iPad Version^),
Heroes of Kalevala* (iPad Version^),
Circadia^*,
Flow Free^*,
Flow Free: Bridges^*,
Labyrinth^* (Free Demo^*),
Labyrinth 2* (Free Demo*) ((iPad Version^) (Free iPad Demo^)),
LightUp^,
Pathlink - Sudoku Style Logic Game^*,
Numberlink^*,
Mathdoku Pro^*,
Conceptis Fill-a-Pix^*,
Conceptis Hashi^*,
Conceptis Link-a-Pix^*,
Conceptis Nurikabe^*,
Conceptis Pic-a-Pix^*,
Conceptis Slitherlink^*,
Conceptis Sudoku^*,
Conceptis Tic-Tac-Logic^*,
Blendoku^*,
Block Block Block^*,
Gesundheit!* (iPad Version^),
Huebrix^*

Card/Dice
Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer^*,
Phase 10^* (Free Demo^*),
Card Shark Collection (Deluxe)^*,
Dice With Buddies^* (Free, Ad-Supported Version^*),
Fairway Solitaire* (Free Demo*) ((iPad Version^) (Free iPad Demo^)),
Solitaire^* (Free, Ad-Supported Version^*),
Freecell^* (Free, Ad-Supported Version^*),
Spider Solitaire^* (Free, Ad-Supported Version^*),
Lost Cities*,
Magic: The Gathering 2014^,
Solitaire Blitz^*

Sim
Game Dev Story,
Hot Springs Story,
Mega Mall Story,
The Sims 3*,
Yoot Tower (Think Sim Tower!),
Transport Tycoon^* (Yes, THAT Transport Tycoon made by Chris Sawyer)

Strategy
Starbase Orion^*,
Majesty^* (Free Demo^*),
Civilization Revolution* (Free Demo*) (iPad Version^),
Legendary Wars* (iPad Version^*),
Slay^* (Free Demo^*),
Battle Fleet^ (Free Demo^),
Plague Inc.^*,
Puzzle Craft^*

Sports
Flick Kick Field Goal 2014^*,
Super Stickman Golf,
Super Stickman Golf 2*

Fighting
Street Fighter IV,
Street Fighter IV Volt,
Street Fighter II Collection,
Street Fighter X Tekken Mobile^,
King of Fighters-i002

Racing
Real Racing 3^*,
Real Racing 2* (iPad Version^),
Asphalt 6 (iPad Version^),
Asphalt 7: Heat^*,
Asphalt 8: Airborne^*
Need for Speed: Most Wanted^*,
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (iPad Version),
Need for Speed: Shift (iPad Version),
Disc Drivin'* (iPad Version^),
Jet Car Stunts^ (Free Demo^),
Death Rally^*,
Retro Racing^*,
GP Retro^*

Board Games
Carcassonne^*,
Catan (iPad Version^),
Scrabble* (iPad Version^),
Words With Friends* (Free, Ad-Supported Version*) (iPad Version^ (Free, Ad-Supported iPad Version^)),
Reiner Knizia's Samurai,
Neuroshima Hex^*,
Puerto Rico HD,
Ticket To Ride: Pocket (iPad Version^ (Which includes the Europe/Switzerland maps found in the aforementioned Europe Pocket))
Ticket To Ride: Europe Pocket,
Reiner Knizia's Tigris & Euphrates,
Le Havre (The Harbor)^*
Monopoly* (iPad Version^),
Reiner Knizia's Ra^,
Pandemic: The Board Game^,
Small World^,
Edler Sign: Omens* (iPad Version^),
Agricola^*,
Stone Age: The Board Game^*,
Fluxx^*,
Forbidden Island^,
Reiner Knizia's Qin^,
Rivals for Catan^*

Word Games
Words in Soup^*
Bookworm^*,
Letterpress^*,
Spelltower^*,
Puzzlejuice^*,
W.E.L.D.E.R.^*,
W.E.L.D.E.R. WARS Free^*
Scramble With Friends*,
Wordament^* (You can earn Xbox Live achievements through this game!),
What's the Phrase^* (Free, Ad-Supported Version^*)

Trivia
MovieCat (iPad Version),
You Don't Know Jack^*

Hidden Object
Little Things,
Pictureka (iPad Version),
Awakening: The Dreamless Castle HD

Non-Game Essentials
Facebook^*,
Twitter^*,
Google+^*,
Gmail^*,
Google Chrome Browser^*,
Google Search^*,
YouTube^*,
Google Maps^*,
Bible^*,
CNN* (iPad Version^),
Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus* (Free, Ad-Supported Version*) (iPad Version^ (Free, Ad-Supported iPad Version^)),
QR Reader* (iPad Version^),
Shazam* (iPad Version^),
Speedtest.net Mobile Speed Test*,
Steam Mobile by Valve^* (Yes, THAT Steam, :D),
TV Guide Mobile^*,
CloudReaders^*,
TuneIn Radio Pro^*,
Dropbox^*,
Evernote^*,
Video Stream^*,
Air Video^*,
VPN Express^*,
Genius Scan^*

Shopping Essentials
Amazon Mobile^*,
Apple Store*,
Best Buy*,
Cartwheel by Target^*,
Disney Store^,
Fandango^*,
Gamestop Mobile*,
Kmart*,
Kohl's* (iPad Version^),
Live Nation*,
Newegg Mobile* (iPad Version^),
Sears*,
Staples*,
Target* (iPad Version^),
Toys "R" Us* (iPad Version^),
Walmart* (iPad Version^)

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally I wait for 5,000 posts, but I'm starting to think I'll be making new threads just after the 4,000 post mark. Much easier to browse.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Dark Avenger is a universal app by Gamevil that looks like a Diablo clone. It's new and it's free.
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id620510217

You people posting about tagging know you can just go to Thread Tools & subscribe without wasting a post, right?[/QUOTE]

I'm guilty of that practice myself... the subscription doesn't put an envelope icon to the thread. :)

As for that game, I feel like it's going to make u run into a brick wall and forcing u to do IAP...

Thanks for the new thread, BUT you need to make the OP a wiki like in the last thread that way I can continue to keep it up to date.

[quote name='ViolentLee']You people posting about tagging know you can just go to Thread Tools & subscribe without wasting a post, right?[/QUOTE]

I don't think this is possible with the mobile / iOS theme....

[quote name='rohitman']GTA Vice City is $1.99. Not sure if that's new but I grabbed it at that price.[/QUOTE]
It was in the old thread but a good deal to repost. I grabbed it too, downloading now...

linky: http://appshopper.com/games/grand-theft-auto-vice-city

-Edit- Installed and played for a bit. Very impressive what can run on a phone these days ^^

First negative post in the new thread ;-) ...

Star Command ... it's a bit 'meh' after getting addicted to FTL on PC. I'd wait for a sale or an update, the current gameplay just isn't very satisfying, especially if you've played FTL quite a bit.

[quote name='etcrane']First negative post in the new thread ;-) ...

Star Command ... it's a bit 'meh' after getting addicted to FTL on PC. I'd wait for a sale or an update, the current gameplay just isn't very satisfying, especially if you've played FTL quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the review. I almost bought it yesterday.

[quote name='greggysasaki']Thanks for the review. I almost bought it yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Just to add a little bit of detail, since the game has a huge Kickstarter fanbase, here's a bit more of why I felt it didn't live up to the hype -

- the game mostly consists of battles between starships, with little else between those battles. Evidently, there was going to be a great deal more content involving exploration, but that was cut for the initial release.

- with such a great emphasis on combat ... it's incredibly poor and not very fun. FTL does it so much better and I think that's why I'm so disappointed in this game. Plenty of people have said FTL is a very different game, and that's entirely true. But the combat in Star Command is lacking depth, it is incredibly slow, having to wait for systems to charge (which can take between 1 and 2 minutes!) and then being forced into a minigame that isn't well explained and, which upon failing, forces you to wait another 2 minutes to attempt again.

- The battles are lacking because you constantly have to switch the view from ship to ship if you want to feel like you're seeing the whole battle. And you don't get to target parts of the enemy ship, you just play the minigame and hit it if you succeed and don't fire if you fail the minigame.

- Your ship can't be destroyed, it doesn't blow up .. the game ends if your captain character dies.

- The characters are very generic, with few options to customize them and they all start out with zero experience, so basically, they all start out the same. No recruitment of more talented crew as you progress.

- Using ammo tokens for some of the weapons and dodge mechanic ... these tokens take 1 to 2 minutes to be created and then you can use them. You must hit the ammo button each time to create a token ... and it makes combat and defensive capabilities even slower than just charging your weapons.

Basically, this game looks really appealing because it's like an 8-bit Star Trek clone ... but FTL has spoiled me with its deeper mechanics, even if it is a Rogue-like and also has its share of problems. FTL is more fun, gives you greater control over your crew, allows you to diversify your crew, and the customization and exploration is far more satisfying.

If I had to rate Star Command as it stands right now, I would give it a 2 out of 5 because it looks great, but it's simply not that fun to play (and I know that a big part of that is because, for me, FTL presented a similar concept with a much better execution). If you haven't played FTL, you may feel very differently. And believe me, I wanted to like this game because visually it looks cool and with the hype behind it, I threw down the $2.99 without a second thought. It simply left me disappointed.

[quote name='etcrane']Just to add a little bit of detail, since the game has a huge Kickstarter fanbase, here's a bit more of why I felt it didn't live up to the hype -
[/QUOTE]

I'll be the voice of dissent here. I'm actually enjoying it a lot. I wasn't part of the kickstarter and didn't even know about it until recently. Apparently folks that jumped in for that are disappointed because a lot discussed for that didn't make it into the initial release (though apparently they've promised most of those things are coming in future updates).

But for all that, I do actually think it's fairly fun. No, it's not FTL on the iPhone (I love FTL), but it's still a fun little game. I'd give it 3.5/5 as it is, but with some updates, refinements, and more depth of content I think it will get much better.

[quote name='lilman']It was in the old thread but a good deal to repost. I grabbed it too, downloading now...

linky: http://appshopper.com/games/grand-theft-auto-vice-city

-Edit- Installed and played for a bit. Very impressive what can run on a phone these days ^^[/QUOTE]
Runs okay on my iPod Touch 5 but has some slowdown at times. I think I'm gonna play it on my iPad 4 due to performance and also the larger screen. Controls feel cramped on the small screen but rearranging them would probably help, I didn't bother trying that yet.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Runs okay on my iPod Touch 5 but has some slowdown at times. I think I'm gonna play it on my iPad 4 due to performance and also the larger screen. Controls feel cramped on the small screen but rearranging them would probably help, I didn't bother trying that yet.[/QUOTE]

That's strange. I have yet to see any slowdown while playing GTA Vice city on my iPod Touch 5G, and this iPod is packed to capacity. I tell you, this iPod has some seriously impressive performance, given it's specs. You'd think this thing was powered by pixie dust, lol. The controls are pretty good, as well. I've seen videos of how GTA: Vice City runs on an iPod Touch 4G, and boy did I dodge a bullet by getting a 32 GB iPod Touch 5G over a 64 GB iPod Touch 4G.

My Nexus 7, while no slouch in the performance department itself, had some very brief cases of microstutter when playing the Android version of GTA: Vice City.

[quote name='gotdott']Not sure if this was posted in old thread but IGN's free game of the month

http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/minigore2-free[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I was wondering when the next IGN free game of the month would appear.

[quote name='DaFees']Thanks for the new thread, BUT you need to make the OP a wiki like in the last thread that way I can continue to keep it up to date.[/QUOTE]

When I submitted the new thread, I checked the wiki box, but it seems to not have gone through. It should be now though. :lol:

[quote name='razorracer83']That's strange. I have yet to see any slowdown while playing GTA Vice city on my iPod Touch 5G, and this iPod is packed to capacity. I tell you, this iPod has some seriously impressive performance, given it's specs. You'd think this thing was powered by pixie dust, lol. The controls are pretty good, as well. I've seen videos of how GTA: Vice City runs on an iPod Touch 4G, and boy did I dodge a bullet by getting a 32 GB iPod Touch 5G over a 64 GB iPod Touch 4G.
[/QUOTE]
I didn't reset the iPod before playing or shut down other apps like they tell you to, maybe I should have. I find that Amazing Spider-Man is unplayable on this iPod and Lili ran pretty sluggish, haven't seen any other performance issues yet.

[quote name='lilman']Zen's in-app Marvel tables are on sale for $.99 to celebrate Iron Man 3 release.[/QUOTE]
Does anyone know which of those tables might be the best ones? I can't believe they haven't ported the Spider-Man table to iOS, I think that there is one for other platforms. Seems crazy.

Infect Them All Zombies iphone and ipad versions are free. I have the vampire version and it's a pretty cool game.

Hey, I sure could use a recommendation for an app that is essentially Microsoft Word. Am I dreaming? I sure hope such a thing exists. I've found basic typing apps galore, but at need one with all the formatting options for MLA and APA styled papers.

[quote name='mbrown3']Documents to Go or QuickOffice are your best bets.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have QuickOffice. It seems, based on my limited research on the topic, that there are few pure options for a Microsoft Word-like clone.

I'm fairly used to typing the beginning of papers on my iPad, as I get warmed up on the topic. Eventually, however, I have to move to my home computer for even the simplest of things, such as double-spacing. Editing margins, footnotes, headers - I can't even begin to hope, it seems, in an iOS app that utilizes these functions.

Ah well. The future remains.

Admittedly, I haven't used QuickOffice, though I own it (it was on sale for .99). What does it not do that Word does? My main app for that is Docs to Go, and it's pretty darn close to the Word/Office experience.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Does anyone know which of those tables might be the best ones? I can't believe they haven't ported the Spider-Man table to iOS, I think that there is one for other platforms. Seems crazy.[/QUOTE]

Same question, anyone want to chime in on their favorite ones? Wasn't sure if Infinity Gauntlet is worth playing.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Does anyone know which of those tables might be the best ones? I can't believe they haven't ported the Spider-Man table to iOS, I think that there is one for other platforms. Seems crazy.[/QUOTE]
(note: my opinions are based on playing on iPhone 5. experience may differ on iPad)
I like Captain America, Wolverine, and X-Men best. SW Episode V seems good too. Iron Man has a cool layout but the table art makes it a bit hard to follow. It's Iron Man though... if you have the money, get it.

SW Clone Wars is too busy to see what's going on. Avengers is nothing but loops and a definite pass. Boba Fett seems to have a bug where a check mark appears on screen at all times. I'm also not much of a SW fan so I wasn't impressed by the theme. I would say only get if you're a fan.

Still debating getting Fantastic Four and Tesla, any opinions?

I was wondering what the hell was going on with that check mark on Boba Fett.

Fear Itself looks like a cool table, just going by the youtube trailer. None of the others appeal to me that much (from trailers) but I don't really know what makes a good pinball table.

The check mark on the Boba Fett table is a special button that lets you fire missiles which can work as a ball save, sort of. It may have other uses, I'm not really sure as I've mostly been playing Clone Wars and Episode V.

[quote name='lilman'](note: my opinions are based on playing on iPhone 5. experience may differ on iPad)
I like Captain America, Wolverine, and X-Men best. SW Episode V seems good too. Iron Man has a cool layout but the table art makes it a bit hard to follow. It's Iron Man though... if you have the money, get it.

SW Clone Wars is too busy to see what's going on. Avengers is nothing but loops and a definite pass. Boba Fett seems to have a bug where a check mark appears on screen at all times. I'm also not much of a SW fan so I wasn't impressed by the theme. I would say only get if you're a fan.

Still debating getting Fantastic Four and Tesla, any opinions?[/QUOTE]

I've only played the Boba Fett table once, and I lost two balls trying to figure out what the check mark did, since it was used as a selection button on the EpV table.

Other than that, I agree with you completely. Wolverine eats up a good chunk of my time, I like Captain America, and based on your statements, I'll be getting X-Men tonight.
Iron Man and Clone Wars have too much going on, and I'm glad I didn't drop money on Avengers.
I find Epic Quest to be difficult and frustrating, but the experience concept keeps me playing it.
Tesla, Paranormal, Excalibur, and Epic Quest are always $.99, correct? If you need to get another table, stick to the Marvel and Star Wars tables for the next couple days.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Seems like 99% of the time when I hit that check mark it does nothing but flip my right flipper.[/QUOTE]

I think you need to earn missiles, perhaps by starting bounty missions. Like I said, I haven't spent too much time on it. There's probably something about the missiles in the table guide: http://blog.zenstudios.com/?page_id=637

EDIT:
Think of this mechanic as a cheat function since if you press the ‘Launch’ Button while within let’s say a
Bounty Mission (Easy Bounties 10 – 50 Million), a Missile islaunched from Boba Fett’s back and it will
remove one of the flashing Lanes that you were required to hit.
The Missiles tend to be only really useful/available in the 1
stBounty Missions (Empire (Imperial) or Hutt’s);
I tend to always select the hardest Bounty which is the +5Respect Bounty Mission, then if I’m running low
on time and can’t hit a specific flashing Lane I will use the Missiles.
*Tip - Only use them when you have the Ball trapped in a resting position on the Flipper, this is because
launching a Missile when the Ball is flying around the Table is an easy way to drain the Ball.*
You start off with only 1 Missile available in the Game, but you can do various things to gain more of them
by following either of these below methods –
• The Sharpshooter Mini – Game (explained at the start of the Guide under ‘Skill Shot –
Sharpshooter’ section) that precedes gaining a Skill Shot award.
• Wild Space Bonus(more info can be found later in the Guide under ‘Wild Space Bonus’ Section)-
Keep hitting the Orbit; Left Orbit (2) & Right Orbit (8). After completing 4 Orbit shots look at the
Dot - Matrix and it will display 2 different Wild Space Bonuses. The TopBonus is collected by
hitting the Left Orbit (2) & the Bottom Bonus is collected by hitting the Right Orbit (8). You can get
up to +5 Missiles as a Bonus.
• Missile Hurry Up Mode – If you keep hitting the 2 Missile Ramps; Left Missile Ramp (3) & Right
Missile Ramp (7). Eventually you will see a ‘Missile’ Notification Light activate below the Ramps, it
takes about 4 hits up the Missile Ramps to light up the Missile for that Ramp, when both ‘Missile’
Notification lights are lit the Hurry Up Mode will begin.
Once the Hurry Up Mode starts all you have to do is hit the 2 Missile Ramps; Left Missile Ramp (3)
& Right Missile Ramp (7). Once you have hit them enough times the Hurry Up Mode will be
completed – awarding you with +2 Missiles & 5 Million PointsCompletion Bonus.

[quote name='ltrain23']I've only played the Boba Fett table once, and I lost two balls trying to figure out what the check mark did, since it was used as a selection button on the EpV table.

Other than that, I agree with you completely. Wolverine eats up a good chunk of my time, I like Captain America, and based on your statements, I'll be getting X-Men tonight.
Iron Man and Clone Wars have too much going on, and I'm glad I didn't drop money on Avengers.
I find Epic Quest to be difficult and frustrating, but the experience concept keeps me playing it.
Tesla, Paranormal, Excalibur, and Epic Quest are always $.99, correct? If you need to get another table, stick to the Marvel and Star Wars tables for the next couple days.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, picking them up after this. Has anyone tried out Infinity Gauntlet or Fear Itself tables?

I bought the Empire Strikes Back table, it's pretty cool. I don't see why that checkmark should appear on Boba Fett before you earn the missile capability. If you hit the button without missiles it tells you in the little LED screen that you don't have em. How about not appearing on-screen til you can actually use it, that would make more sense.

There are a couple of guys providing impressions/reviews on some of the tables over here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=114776&page=62

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back