Mass Effect Trilogy $39.99 (PS3 & 360) at Amazon

I believe Origin had it for $30. I'll wait until it gets closer to $15. The ending has me a little worried, thus, I'll wait until it's pretty cheap.

[quote name='Wario64']Might be new MSRP[/QUOTE]

Still showing as 33% off so I don't think so, maybe slow updating though.

I jumped on it, had some credit.

It's all three games plus a lot of the DLC.

I just ordered it. I was planning on waiting for it to get cheaper but I have a bunch of credit burning a hole in my pocket, couldn't resist. Thanks OP.

[quote name='canedaddy']It's all three games plus a lot of the DLC.

I just ordered it. I was planning on waiting for it to get cheaper but I have a bunch of credit burning a hole in my pocket, couldn't resist. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Ok so I'll jump on this then, PM @ BB coming up!

[quote name='HeightsBound']Never been into ME, are these all the games or are there four total?[/QUOTE]

Most trilogies are three parts...

meh waiting for this to hit $20, I've got the first two games for $5 each on pc download and just grabbed ME3 for free with a rebate earlier today so I'm in no rush to grab the PS3 version

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Most trilogies are three parts...[/QUOTE]

Sure, but in his defense there are a lot of franchises like Assassin's Creed, Hitman, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, Tomb Raider etc. where there are three related games marketed in one package as a trilogy, but with a much wider franchise out there. Then there's the Gears of War Triple Pack which had 2 games. No they didn't say trilogy, but it was a misleading move after they started talking about Gears 3.

Having never played any of these games, I do plan on picking up the Trilogy. However, I think it will get much cheaper than stated price.

Either way, which system should I go for this set? I am quite partial to PS3, but have been wanting something to at least fire up my 360.

[quote name='canedaddy']It's all three games plus a lot of the DLC.[/QUOTE]

That's a bit of a stretch, especially for the 360 version. IIRC, it includes only "Bring Down the Sky" from the first game.

[quote name='SSchmidt']Having never played any of these games, I do plan on picking up the Trilogy. However, I think it will get much cheaper than stated price.

Either way, which system should I go for this set? I am quite partial to PS3, but have been wanting something to at least fire up my 360.[/QUOTE]

You get more DLC for ME 2 on the PS3 version. 3 extra DLC missions . All of which are good to great. So if you prefer the ps3 already it's a no brainer to go that route.

[quote name='SSchmidt']Having never played any of these games, I do plan on picking up the Trilogy. However, I think it will get much cheaper than stated price.

Either way, which system should I go for this set? I am quite partial to PS3, but have been wanting something to at least fire up my 360.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd go for PS3. You get more ME2 DLC included and from what I've heard ME1 has sharper graphics on PS3. I have the series on 360 and have loved it but if you prefer PS3 this wont disappoint.

I'm on the fence about buying this, will the price drop again or is this about as low as it will go? Also unsure of which system to buy it for, I didn't know what the article meant when it said "The Xbox 360 version will include all DLC that came with the original games – Cerberus Network with Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 remains unchanged as well." Does that mean only Cerberus Network and no other DLC? I'd like having more DLC so I'm leaning towards the PS3 version, but I've heard the Xbox version outperforms it, anybody know for sure?

Yeah, I'm on the fence as well. I have Mass Effect on my 360 backlog. I also have Mass Effect 2 on my PS3 backlog. I already opened ME 2 and redeemed the Cerberus/DLC.

So it is basically $40 for Mass Effect 1 and 3 for the PS3 or ME 2 and 3 for the 360 for me.

I'm leaning towards the PS3 version since I have a 120 GB Elite 360. I was banking on the rumored slimmer 360 to be a standalone model, still a chance.

The PS3 version has the most DLC. I'm getting it so I can play through the series on the PS3 (already did on the 360).

[quote name='Naterrs']I'm on the fence about buying this, will the price drop again or is this about as low as it will go?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same predicament. Does anyone know if EA bundled three games like this before? I'm going to guess that eventually the price may hit $30, and that'll probably be the time I'll bite. I owned Mass Effect 1 and 2 for the 360 but only managed to play through part of the first one and wound up selling both of them to Gamestop since the trilogy with some of the DLC included was announced. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the first Mass Effect on the PS3 supposed to have "better" graphics because it was designed with the Mass Effect 2 engine or something like that? Either way, I'd like to own this on the PS3 since it's my primary system while I like to use my 360 for FPSes and sports games.

Wow this price has held like ME2 for PS3 when it was 1st released. I was tempted to buy this for $40 @ BB about 3 weeks after release so I'll wait. It's well stocked no need to rush $30 or less.

So if I already own all three games on Xbox 360 then there is no real reason to buy this because there would be nothing new I don't have?
Thanks

I hated the controls for the 360 version of the original Mass Effect. Can anyone who has played this version speak to the controls between that one and the two sequels, please? ME2 hit the sweet spot whether it was the 360/PS3 but all I can remember of the first one was how horrible I thought wrestling with the controls was (but not much for specifics as it has been a very long time since I played it now)...

[quote name='canedaddy']It's all three games plus a lot of the DLC.

I just ordered it. I was planning on waiting for it to get cheaper but I have a bunch of credit burning a hole in my pocket, couldn't resist. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

It's hardly any DLC, unless its on PS3 but even then its none of ME 3's DLC. It's one of the 2 DLC missions for ME 1 (the good one) but just the online passes for ME 2 & 3.

Online pass (Cerberus Network code) for ME 2 gets you the Zaeed loyalty/recruitment mission, the set of 5 Hammerhead missions, and a couple of weapons, but none of the 4 pay DLC mission packs (unless again it's the PS3 version and then you get the first 3 DLC's missing The Arrival that leads directly into ME 3.) For ME 3 the online pass gets you MP access and that's it regardless of version. There are 4 pay DLC missions for ME 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Raye']I'm in the same predicament. Does anyone know if EA bundled three games like this before? I'm going to guess that eventually the price may hit $30, and that'll probably be the time I'll bite. I owned Mass Effect 1 and 2 for the 360 but only managed to play through part of the first one and wound up selling both of them to Gamestop since the trilogy with some of the DLC included was announced. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the first Mass Effect on the PS3 supposed to have "better" graphics because it was designed with the Mass Effect 2 engine or something like that? Either way, I'd like to own this on the PS3 since it's my primary system while I like to use my 360 for FPSes and sports games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah their version of ME 1 does run on a modified version of the ME 2 engine, but the game performs noticably worse on PS3 according to the reviews I've read.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't compare the two platforms but I can confirm ME1 was totally playable on PS3, had almost no problems. It probably froze on me 3 times in 30 hours. The biggest gripe is the inefficient auto save, you have to manually save frequently. The sequels were far more generous in background saves so you don't lose an hour of progress to a bad fight.

Thanks for sharing. I might have to give it another go (though I'm still screwing around in ME2 and haven't bothered with ME3 I got for $10 at TRU (to add some CAG to my post)).

[quote name='Havok83']should have launched at this price. Cant really say its a deal[/QUOTE]

Sadly it is a deal when you consider what they launched at.
Honestly this is the best trilogy of recent years that I can recall. ME2 is still my favorite game on the 360 and one of my favorite games of all time.
What really grinds my gears is the lack of DLC. When you consider all the money you'd spend on the DLC AFTER buying this your in for a world of hurt. It would have been nice for EA to throw in some extra DLC on top of it.

Remember that the ME CEs CAN become rare. Even a larger printed ME3 CE became rare. Not sure if this trilogy will go that route or if it will be overprinted, just throwing it out there that they could dry up.

I am affraid that same might happen to this trilogy. Dragon Age Ultimate Edition was $20 and not its impossible to find at any store.

[quote name='kart007k']I am affraid that same might happen to this trilogy. Dragon Age Ultimate Edition was $20 and not its impossible to find at any store.[/QUOTE]

You might have a point if the trilogy included every piece of DLC for the games but it doesn't.

And this is NOT a CE. It comes with no extras, just the games. Just like every other trilogy or collection that has been released. (I realize the poster above you said this was a CE and not you).

[quote name='Gden']Really? Pretty much every gamestop in my area has it, well they have it, used.[/QUOTE]

New 19.99 (OOS) Used 24.99. How is that a better deal? The point being that EA stop producing this edition.

[quote name='kart007k']I am affraid that same might happen to this trilogy. Dragon Age Ultimate Edition was $20 and not its impossible to find at any store.[/QUOTE]

It's very hard to find at a Gamestop, but you can still find it at an odd BB, especially the PS3 version, in their $20 section.

GS stopped purchasing that title from EA so it's no longer in stores as a new title, only used.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Remember that the ME CEs CAN become rare. Even a larger printed ME3 CE became rare. Not sure if this trilogy will go that route or if it will be overprinted, just throwing it out there that they could dry up.[/QUOTE]

The only ME CE worth big money currently according to Amazon is the ME 1 CE, and that's b/c it was a Gamestop.com exclusive in North America so quantites are low. I sold mine used for $170 a year ago and currently it starts used at $120.

[quote name='Beorach']I hated the controls for the 360 version of the original Mass Effect. Can anyone who has played this version speak to the controls between that one and the two sequels, please? ME2 hit the sweet spot whether it was the 360/PS3 but all I can remember of the first one was how horrible I thought wrestling with the controls was (but not much for specifics as it has been a very long time since I played it now)...[/QUOTE]

ME 1 on PS3 is just a straight port using a modified version of the PS3 ME 2 engine. Same controls and graphics/saving issues. The Trilogy set is the only way to get ME 1 for PS3 on disc. Otherwise it's a PSN download.

ME1 on PS3 is exactly the same as the 360 game. If you ask me, they should have taken the opportunity to fix the technical issues and make some improvements to the interface and controls.

bread's done
Back