Humble Indie Bundle 8 - Bonuses: Tiny & Big, Intrusion 2, English Country Tune, Oil Rush

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Pay What You Want ($1 or more for steam keys):

• Little Inferno
  • Awesomenauts (includes a skin that is exclusive to the bundle)
  • Capsized
  • Thomas Was Alone
  • Dear Esther
Beat The Average:

• Hotline Miami
  • Proteus
  • Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers*
  • Intrusion 2*
  • English Country Tune*
  • Oil Rush w/ map pack DLC*
* If you purchase the bundle prior to 11 AM PST on 6/5/2013 you get these no matter what price you paid.

Steam keys for this bundle are individual.

Everything but Hotline Miami has a soundtrack available to download in both mp3 and flac. Hotline Miami's music is available in ogg format in a game directory.

Humble Bundles typically get bonus content one week after launch, which would be Tuesday, June 4, at 11 AM PST. Those who buy before the addition at any price get the bonus at no extra cost. Those who purchase the bundle after it is added will likely need to pay more than the average to get it.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Additionally, there is a Humble Weekly Sale for Telltale games taking place that includes The Walking Dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Better than most other bundles out there. But kinda so-so by Humble Indie Bundle standards.

I suppose I might think differently if I didn't already own Hotline Miami.

[quote name='The End']Better than most other bundles out there. But kinda so-so by Humble Indie Bundle standards. Though I suppose I might think differently if I didn't already own Hotline Miami.[/QUOTE]
I didn't own any of them so I am pleasantly surprised. :)

Fantastic bundle IMO, but that's because I know Hotline Miami is easily worth the cost of the whole thing. All the other stuff has a good or at least interesting reputation, such as Thomas Was Alone, Dear Esther, Little Inferno, even Proteus, no junk in this bundle.

Happy to see Capsized got a Mac port too!

[quote name='The End']Better than most other bundles out there. But kinda so-so by Humble Indie Bundle standards.

I suppose I might think differently if I didn't already own Hotline Miami.[/QUOTE]

Not really. The $1 tier is great. $5 not so much. You end up paying $2 for HL Miami and Proteus (each). That would be 80% off, which is what GMG will probably have them for sale at (with coupon) eventually.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']In for a $1. Got Hotline Miami free from Amazon. Proteus is a $10 game ($2.50 at 75% of) so it would only be worth it to BTA at $3.50[/QUOTE]

Yep. Also helps I have no interest in Proteus. Happy to pick Awesomenauts up cheap. Rest is meh. With games like Thomas Was Alone, Little Inferno, and Dear Esther they should name it the 2deep4u Bundle.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']In for a $1. Got Hotline Miami free from Amazon. Proteus is a $10 game ($2.50 at 75% of) so it would only be worth it to BTA at $3.50[/QUOTE]

Same here. If Proteus goes down to 75% off during the Steam Summer sale I might buy it then otherwise the lower tier is all I need.

[quote name='The End']Better than most other bundles out there. But kinda so-so by Humble Indie Bundle standards.

I suppose I might think differently if I didn't already own Hotline Miami.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I don't have any of these, and in fact have been holding out for Awesomenauts I was ever going to buy Hotline Miami on it's own but I've heard lots of good things, so I'm pretty excited for it as well.

Dear Esther is supposed to be a great "experience" but on the other hand it's hardly a game.

Same with Little Inferno. I've heard good things, yet it sounds like little more than a fireplace simulator, only you can burn stuff in it.

And Capsized sounded like a pretty cool game, I nearly bought it back in the day. I decided against it though because, for a 2D platformer/shooter/w/e it was, the specs needed to run it were insane and could barely get the demo to run on my laptop. Anything running in the background would kill the game. Hopefully the MAC version has been optimized better.

Of course I'll still toss in $10 or so for the charity, but I do see how you could argue that these are a lot of "meh" choices here I think for a Humble Bundle. But Awesomenauts and Hotline Miami both seem to get tons of praise so it's far from a failure.

EFFF!! I've one-by-one bought all but Capsized over the past couple of months, and each time I was like, "I should wait until these show up in a Humble Bundle—But it's on saaaaale noooowwww"

I was honestly hoping for an official Hl:M FLAC soundtrack rather than the mishmash of OGG files the game includes, but I won't be like the other "no FLAC, no buy" guy. Great bundle.

Feels like the BTA is leveling off at around $5. It should slowly start to climb now. Time to pull the trigger on that window where I have the BTA "locked in" at $4.60.

Thanks op! All the games were new to me so BTA for $5.

For Mac users, all games are native Steam except Capsized which you can download the dmg for.

-Edit- For Mac users, option + click = middle click for Hotline Miami aim lock

[quote name='utopianmachine']Gah. I have Hotline Miama, Little Inferno, and Dear Esther. The only thing I want is Proteus. Guess I've gotta stalk the Steam trade thread.[/QUOTE]

That's what you get for buying indie games!

They all get bundled eventually ;)

[quote name='spoderman']That's what you get for buying indie games!

They all get bundled eventually ;)[/QUOTE]

Hey, if I don't buy them, they don't get bundled for you. ;)

hmm, maybe I should have looked into Hotline Miami a bit more before BTA. I've heard it's fantastic, but that trailer...was pretty unsettling. Wonder if I will be able to play it or not:whistle2:(

I have only Hotline Miami....will go for a lower end tier....been wanting Tomas is Alone and Capsized (Almost bought this one on some gog sale). Not bad overall...would BTA if I didn't have Hotline Miami already.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']hmm, maybe I should have looked into Hotline Miami a bit more before BTA. I've heard it's fantastic, but that trailer...was pretty unsettling. Wonder if I will be able to play it or not:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

You just beat people to death with baseball bats, no biggie.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']hmm, maybe I should have looked into Hotline Miami a bit more before BTA. I've heard it's fantastic, but that trailer...was pretty unsettling. Wonder if I will be able to play it or not:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Just don't play it on LSD or mushrooms and you're cool

[quote name='stonecold111']Bought the bundle for Dear Esther to see if it's as boring as people make it out to be. :)[/QUOTE]

Could have saved $1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN12xFP-cr4

I enjoyed the experience of Dear Esther. Don't listen to Mooby. He hates indie games. ;)

Dear Esther was an interesting and moving story. The environments were incredibly rich and are worth seeing. It doesn't take long to experience the game, so set aside an hour or so and treat yourself to something different.

Am I correct in thinking that it's possible to start up Dear Esther, go out to the supermarket to do my weekly grocery shopping and come back to find the game beaten?

I just hate games that aren't games.

[quote name='The End']Am I correct in thinking that it's possible to start up Dear Esther, go out to the supermarket to do my weekly grocery shopping and come back to find the game beaten?[/QUOTE]

Well, you have to actually push yourself forward with the 'W' key but a drinky-bird could be set up in your absence.

[quote name='The End']Am I correct in thinking that it's possible to start up Dear Esther, go out to the supermarket to do my weekly grocery shopping and come back to find the game beaten?[/QUOTE]

No, the game is not on auto-pilot. You have to move around and explore the environment to progress the story.

If you haven't played Hotline Miami yet, you're in for a treat. One of the few games I've played through twice. One playthrough after the other. Easily worth every penny of the BTA price.

[quote name='Mike UFC']If you haven't played Hotline Miami yet, you're in for a treat. One of the few games I've played through twice. One playthrough after the other. Easily worth every penny of the BTA price.[/QUOTE]

agreed, Hotline Miami is a great game but the rest of the bundle is no slouch, well except for Dear Esther that game is not very good

Nothing in this one really appeals to me at all judging by trailers & what I know of some of them except for possibly Thomas Was Alone. So I threw in $1 for that & the hope that they add something of interest in a week or so.

Wow, definitely in for the $1 level! Already have Hot Miami (I'll also through in my 2 cents about it being a great game) and have nothing else, I think.

[quote name='Scouter']glad i waited for little inferno :D[/QUOTE]

I bought it when it was on sale for 3.99 and still havent played it... when will I learn?

I got in a little late so I paid $5.68. Still a great deal considering I have none of those games and have been wanting to get Hotline Miami, Capsized, and Thomas Was Alone.

bread's done
Back