* * * * * 17 votes

Animal Crossing New Leaf

Animal Crossing 3DS Nook OCD

#61 wasabi5858   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1502 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

I got the net and shovel today. hoping for fishing pole soon.

#62 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10400 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

I keep feeling like this game should allow you to take pictures to share like via Swapnote or something. I guess I've gotten spoiled with Style Savvy letting me do this.

Edit: You CAN take pictures, it looks like. When you hold L and R together. Not sure how to access them yet.

#63 200STM   Bro-Gamer CAGiversary!   801 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

I just have the shovel and net in my nook-mart. I have a land issue to where the beach gets cutt off and I see seashells that I cant get oh well I'm at around 7,500 bells into getting the downpayment. I'm settling into PonyTown and I got triple bananas (must be from mario kart) from the fortune cookie and the rainbow screen from the mail place as a downloadable goodie

#64 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4303 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

Name: Canti

Town: Manabe

FC: 4124-5102-6615

Fruit: Cherries

Only available during day (before 6PM EST GMT-5)

Took me an hour to get a town layout I like (central town hall, re-tail, and square, an S winding river, and beach with cove you can only access by swimming). First day I payed off my initial house, bought everything from the three stores (to catalog), and sent lots of mail presents. Looking forward to a real house tomorrow ^^

I got the net and shovel today. hoping for fishing pole soon.

Keep talking to Isabelle and do what she asks. She will eventually ask if you want to go fishing (or choose bug hunting if you already have a pole). Talk to her again after that, say you couldn't find a pole/net, and she will sell you one.

#65 wasabi5858   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1502 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

added everyone so far.  back to work!

#66 LordVila   Casterly Rock! CAGiversary!   2355 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

I've got three oranges left if anyone needs any.  I need any fruit besides oranges, peaches and apples.  If you keep speaking with Isabelle she will give you another type of fruit.  Also thanks for the tip on speaking to Isabelle to get a bug catching net.  I now have a pole, shovel and net!  I will be opening the gate up in my town in a little while.

#67 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

Fun Fact:  You can talk to Isabelle about how to improve your life in your town, and she'll sell you stuff you don't have in order to complete her tasks.  At the end, she gives you a watering can.

#68 TheHammerGod   Superfly friendly gamer! CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

TheHammerGod

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:03 PM

I'm all in! Added everyone. FC: 4253-3501-3218 Name: Matthew Town: Warwick On a side note, I bought the game digitally this morning and was playing when my son and wife started watching. Needless to say my wife wound up running out to Wal-Mart for two more copies (TrU and Targetvwere both sold out) for them. Damn you Nintendo!

#69 doc005   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   783 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

Feel free to add me.

Friend Code: 3480-2566-9125

Name: Kyle

Town: New Eden

Fruit: Peaches

#70 Bavgate   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   866 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:31 PM

Anybody else need cherries? I have a few more to give away.

#71 TheOpusFuller   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   771 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

TheOpusFuller

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:46 PM

If I supply my 3ds code will all you AC people add me? Looking to dive into some community play. Ill add your codes too. How exactly does multiplayer work? Tried looking it up but couldn't find anything.
If I supply my 3ds code will all you AC people add me? Looking to dive into some community play. Ill add your codes too. How exactly does multiplayer work? Tried looking it up but couldn't find anything.

#72 edison   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

Added my name to the spreadsheet, and everyone that I hadn't already had from a CAG thread.

#73 letskissthesky   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   583 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

letskissthesky

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

2809-7444-6643

Name: Joe
Town: Bluthton
Fruit: Apples

#74 rpmboy   . CAGiversary!   676 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:50 PM

use this spreadsheet, most are on there

https://docs.google....dNNUUyVmc#gid=0

how multiplayer works is that if your friend has his/her gate open, you can visit his/her town

#75 TheOpusFuller   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   771 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

TheOpusFuller

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

Okay. Added everyone on the list. I'm on the list too under Opus. How do we open gates? Can someone visit my town right now? Want to see what this looks like. This is so neat.
Okay. Added everyone on the list. I'm on the list too under Opus. How do we open gates? Can someone visit my town right now? Want to see what this looks like. This is so neat.

#76 KrzyHpnKricket   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   199 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

KrzyHpnKricket

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:39 AM

I should be receiving my copy in the next day or two, this will be my first time playing an Animal Crossing game. 

Friend Code: 0662-3070-1455

Edit: Just noticed the spread sheet and added my information, also adding everyone to my friend's list now. 

#77 hack   mixer.com/prjkthack CAGiversary!   583 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:30 AM

Also has anyone else tried the fortune cookies? Got a samus hat, not sure how rare.

Tried it, I got the Samus helmet too. Pretty nifty.

#78 TheOpusFuller   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   771 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

TheOpusFuller

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:11 AM

Did the fortune cookie and I got a stereo system! It's in my tent!

So I got a question. I'm collecting bugs, shells and the little bit of fossils offered. What else should I be doing. My house is being built tomorrow. There has to be tons of other stuff to do.

#79 jcally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

Just added my info to the spreadsheet, and adding everyone. For the fortune cookie with #23 I got a Super Star from Mario.

Friend code: 4124-5509-6700 (oranges)

#80 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

CAGkrazy

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:26 AM

im planning on restarting my town. played last night but felt like my layout wasnt as efficient as i originally thought. put my house at the edge of town near the coast. want to start with my house in the middle and near the town hall . hopefully between river so i could fish easily. hehe!

my initial fruit is cherry. but after a while i also felt that it didnt look nice and wanted to try and get pear or oranges.

whats your native fruit? 

#81 Greendecko   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   373 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Greendecko

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:37 AM

So happy with the game. I have oranges as my fruit but got pears from my assistant. I also received a Virtual Boy with my Fortune cookie

#82 Dr. Dib   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   152 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:50 AM

My friends and I just spent the last 13 hours together playing the game on and off. Got up to over 100K bells, though I don't really like to time travel so I'm still on the first today, got the fishing rod today. Definitely enjoyed the first day though. The Best Friend system is also really nice. It's actually a realtime messaging system, which the 3DS is sorely missing. A shame it's only in one game. 

#83 doodofdoods   Prinny Powered CAGiversary!   3268 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

doodofdoods

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

So far so good. Sharks sure are worth a lot. Got $15k for one at re-tail.

Friend Code: 4398-9465-8673 (new friend code, discard the previous one I posted if you added that one previously)

Name: Brett

Town: Moralton

Fruit: Oranges

#84 spmahn  

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:06 AM

I finally got to play when I got home tonight. Unfortunately it's too late now and all the shops are closed, so I can't actually do much since I don't have the shovel. Fun game, I just wish they didn't program it like this.

#85 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:09 AM

Did the fortune cookie and I got a stereo system! It's in my tent!

So I got a question. I'm collecting bugs, shells and the little bit of fossils offered. What else should I be doing. My house is being built tomorrow. There has to be tons of other stuff to do.

Once you get 100% approval from your citizens, you can start building public works projects to get more stuff in your town, as well as change the type of town you want.

There's also an island you unlock that has mini-games and other things to do.

#86 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37487 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:19 AM

I finally got to play when I got home tonight. Unfortunately it's too late now and all the shops are closed, so I can't actually do much since I don't have the shovel. Fun game, I just wish they didn't program it like this.

Change the time to match your schedule.

#87 spmahn  

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:27 AM

Change the time to match your schedule.

Ehhh, I sorta feel like that's cheating. I guess I'll do it if I must, but I'd rather not.

#88 PXSausage   Pixelated Sausage CAGiversary!   802 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:31 AM

I've already added quite a few, but the more the merrier.

My FC: 5155 - 3066 - 8042

And send me a PM with you FC so I make sure to add you back.

Also, @spmahn, at some point you will be able to choose how you want your town setup in terms of store hours, being the mayor and all. The option isn't available right away, but I'm assuming it will pop up relatively soon. That way, you don't have to change the actual time.

#89 doodofdoods   Prinny Powered CAGiversary!   3268 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

doodofdoods

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

Your assistant will offer to sell you some items eventually if you can't get them in the stores. Shake some trees to get some bells. Once you get the shovel you'll also be able to hit rocks for bells. once you find a rock that produces bells keep hitting it until it runs out. Should get you enough bells to get most of the tools tonight.

Edit: woops, apparently the assistant won't sell you a shovel. That's too bad. Guess you'll have to wait until tomorrow. Or visit someone else's town who'll let you borrow their tools.

#90 humidore   Pasha CAGiversary!   1880 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:47 AM

OK added myself to the list

I keep feeling like this game should allow you to take pictures to share like via Swapnote or something. I guess I've gotten spoiled with Style Savvy letting me do this.

Edit: You CAN take pictures, it looks like. When you hold L and R together. Not sure how to access them yet.

Is there an easy way to tweet these? Or email them to myself? Must I remove my SD card? @__@