Animal Crossing New Leaf

I'm going to be downloading this from the eShop tonight. This is the perfect game to always have on the system. Do you guys think the strategy guide is worth it? I've played the GameCube and DS games, but am not sure how far off the path from those two New Leaf is.

I added my info to the spreadsheet, feel free to add me!

Name: Mike

Friend Code: 0173-1332-6809

Town: Persei 8

Fruit: Peaches and Pears

Last edited by a moderator:
Downloaded at midnight on Saturday and played a couple hours yesterday (battery died, didn't have charger with me at my gf's place).  Just did the opening stuff, collected and sold stuff, made downpayment on house, donated stuff to museum etc.

Have the shovel and fishing rod so far, cherries are my main fruit.  I'll post my friend code etc. in the thread and list later on when I get a chance to fire it up again and look that up.

I am loving this new version! They seem to have de-emphasized the bell grind and made the tasks you do more diverse. Trying to get the 100% approval rate is getting a bit annoying (for one time in my life im asking for weeds and trash lol), but its better than the old bell grind. Seems like the fortune cookies are a daily thing that you get a prize out of every time, it will be interesting to see how long before I start getting dupes. Recycling place paying 6 k bells for agrias butterfly which are everywhere, woo!

OK, I added my friend code to the list.  Just got the game yesterday and loving it so far.  I haven't played Animal Crossing since the first one, but I think the online functionality will keep me more engaged this go round.  I'll add everyone else friend codes when I'm back home after work tonight.

OK, I added my friend code to the list. Just got the game yesterday and loving it so far. I haven't played Animal Crossing since the first one, but I think the online functionality will keep me more engaged this go round. I'll add everyone else friend codes when I'm back home after work tonight.
Do you want to jump on some multiplayer tonight and see how it works? I'm eager to see how it works.

OK, I added my friend code to the list. Just got the game yesterday and loving it so far. I haven't played Animal Crossing since the first one, but I think the online functionality will keep me more engaged this go round. I'll add everyone else friend codes when I'm back home after work tonight.
Do you want to jump on some multiplayer tonight and see how it works? I'm eager to see how it works.
I tend to work pretty long hours so I don't usually play much during the week, but maybe I'll get out at a decent time today.

I've got crazy Redd in my town today. Gonna open up my town gates if anybody wants to buy anything from him. He's got the David statue by Michaelangelo and a couple of paintings. Bring at least 4,000 bells to be able to buy anything. Also some fruit would be nice.

I've got crazy Redd in my town today. Gonna open up my town gates if anybody wants to buy anything from him. He's got the David statue by Michaelangelo and a couple of paintings. Bring at least 4,000 bells to be able to buy anything. Also some fruit would be nice.
Stay open - I'll try to get on in a minute!

Thanks for the David statue!

you can come on by moralton suko. think I added you. Me and Edison are chillin, both got oranges, bring some apples for the both of us.
Cool, I'll swing by in a few minutes.

Edit: It's cool, looks like that parts good to go but I can't seem to get your town to pop up on my list of visitable towns.

ah you're right I didn't add you. Just did now. Gonna add everyone.

Hmm, with Redd out of items my town's kinda boring.  Who here has the coolest town?

Adding to the spreadsheet now...

Just downloaded the game today...I've played the wii and gc versions and always had a blast.

Apples in my town. :)

adding everyone too! :)

My younger son (who has his own 3DS and copy of the game) has apples I could bring.  The problem is that my older son took my 3DS and is playing his own character in my town.  This is the kid who became a huge 360 fanboy over the last couple of years and puts down Sony and Nintendo all the time.  But then he saw the two of us playing AC yesterday and he asked to play mine.  I really don't want him touching my 3DS but I was kind of glad to see him want to play AC at least.  He used to play the Gamecube, DS, and even Wii versions when he was younger.  Now he is 13 and plays only shooters and the like so this is a nice change of pace for him...

So, yeah, when I can steal my 3DS back maybe I can get you those apples ;).

My gates are open. Will someone please come in my town so I can see what it's like!?

My code is on the spread sheet btw.

My younger son (who has his own 3DS and copy of the game) has apples I could bring. The problem is that my older son took my 3DS and is playing his own character in my town. This is the kid who became a huge 360 fanboy over the last couple of years and puts down Sony and Nintendo all the time. But then he saw the two of us playing AC yesterday and he asked to play mine. I really don't want him touching my 3DS but I was kind of glad to see him want to play AC at least. He used to play the Gamecube, DS, and even Wii versions when he was younger. Now he is 13 and plays only shooters and the like so this is a nice change of pace for him...
Good, good. bring him back from the dark side.

To my visitors, thanks for the fruit. Got all the basic fruits now, just need the more exotic ones.

Added everyone through #36 on the spreadsheet, will be playing later this evening. I had a problem though that whenever anyone tried to visit my town it would crash, but I can visit other's with no problem. 

Friend code: 1934-0667-7103
Town fruit oranges. I found a perfect orange tonight as well. o_O Those are new. Already made my down payment thanks to the magic daily rock. Also a rock broke and gave me a ruby. That's a neat new thing. Already got stung by many bees and bitten by a tarantula.
I'll go add everyone on this list.
I got the game yesterday but restarted today as I ended up not liking the layout of my first town.
I read online that they kept in the mechanic that the grass dies but that it happens more slowly and it will grow back. I hated in City Folk that my grass died and never would grow back. My town looked like crap after a while. Plus one of my joys is to walk through the snow in winter and I couldn't enjoy that in City Folk because of the stupid grass.

I caught a mosquito just now.  And then I saw a big spider on the ground and went up to it.  Before I could catch it, it started chasing me!  When it caught me it knocked me down and I woke up in my tent :lol:.

I guess that was the Tarantula.  It was there again and this time I ran around my town tree several times before trying to turn and catch it but I missed and got stung again.  Then it was gone :cry:.

Add what's up with the Nook idiots having a shovel and net again in the store?  I need a fishing pole!

Your assistant should give you a fishing pole if you do her requests to catch fish and  say you can't find a pole.

I've only gotten bit by a mosquito when fishing. can't get away from them when i'm waiting for the fish to take the bait.

Got stung by 3 bees, caught 2. notice they leave a bee hive behind, that sells for 500 bells. not a bad consolation prize for being stung.

Have not caught a spider yet. one got away from me and the other bit me.

Just started my new town.  I have peaches.  I'm #39 on the list.  Please add me and visit my town and please share your extra fruits!

1693-0649-9271

lulu

Oakville

Peaches

PST

Your assistant should give you a fishing pole if you do her requests to catch fish and say you can't find a pole.
How does this work? I talked to her every way I could and never got such an option.
Huh. Well initially iirc she would give you the option to either catch bugs or fish. if you chose the catch bugs option then I don't think you'll get the option to fish. So that could be why you didn't see it.

Your assistant should give you a fishing pole if you do her requests to catch fish and say you can't find a pole.
How does this work? I talked to her every way I could and never got such an option.
Huh. Well initially iirc she would give you the option to either catch bugs or fish. if you chose the catch bugs option then I don't think you'll get the option to fish. So that could be why you didn't see it.
I don't remember her ever talking about anything besides the town upgrades.

I don't remember her ever talking about anything besides the town upgrades.
When you talk to her about improving your town she says you should get a seashell for her at the beach. After you do that she goes on about bug catching/digging. When you get to fishing just say you dont have a rod and she'll sell you one.

Here's my Friend Code:  2595-0524-8826

I added myself to the spreadsheet in the OP, and added everyone who's on it currently to my friends list.

So I ran into a problem, I was storing my bug net, shovel, and watering can as presents attached to unsent letters for more storage. When I started up just now they were gone. The only thing I'm really concerned about is the watering can since I haven't seen it or sale, can you buy another or am I in trouble?

So I ran into a problem, I was storing my bug net, shovel, and watering can as presents attached to unsent letters for more storage. When I started up just now they were gone. The only thing I'm really concerned about is the watering can since I haven't seen it or sale, can you buy another or am I in trouble?
I've seen tools that I already own pop up again and again at the Nook kids shop. I would assume that you can buy em all over from there.

How do I adjust the opening hours of stores? I can't seem to find the option in Town Hall. Do I need to take on a public works project first or something like that?

My copy is out for delivery! Woohoo!

How do you find your friend code on a 3DS? I haven't used a 3DS much, so I don't know.

bread's done
Back