Animal Crossing New Leaf

I've added everyone currently in the spreadsheet, man that took awhile. Tortimer didn't show up for me until I paid of my second mortgage, I don't know if that is what triggers it though.
He just showed up for me this morning. I only paid for the down payment for the house and paid off the loan. Didn't expand yet. However, I did get 100% approval at the same time Tortimer showed up. I thought that was the trigger.

I've added everyone currently in the spreadsheet, man that took awhile. Tortimer didn't show up for me until I paid of my second mortgage, I don't know if that is what triggers it though.
He just showed up for me this morning. I only paid for the down payment for the house and paid off the loan. Didn't expand yet. However, I did get 100% approval at the same time Tortimer showed up. I thought that was the trigger.
Yeah,im pretty sure the requirement is to just pay of the loan for your house and get 100% approval rating

If anybody needs cherries, bananas, coconuts, durians, or lychees, my gate is open. Just looking for peaches and pears. If you don't have either, no worries. I just want to give away some of these fruits.

Just got tortimer when i opened my game during lunch break. I did pay off the initial mortgage last night before i slept. Had 100% rating though. Not sure what triggers it. Have to wait yet another day to go to the island though. Tortimer just mentioned that tours start the next day. Oh well at least i have that unlocked. Cant wait to expand and change ordinance regarding store hours.

Just got back from my first trip the island, pretty god haul. I'll probably go back tonight to see what other stuff they have in the evening.

Sorry about that to the guys that got disconnected from my lobby. Running off of mobile. I received a phone call and disconnected.

Gate is open again.

man, I need to get all the fruits :)  Traveling right now and haven't set up the wifi since it changes so frequently.  Once I am back later in the week, gonna continue adding FC and visit all the towns!

Alright - I passed the "night owl" ordinance - too bad it costs 20,000... Anyway, what do the "wealthy" and "beautiful" ones do?

And Tortimer is here but he says I can't visit the island until tomorrow - d'oh!

Last edited by a moderator:
No Idea what happened but the game just crashed on me with 2 others in the town (gave me a Mr. Rosetti error screen).  It kicked both the people out but popped me right back into town.  Hopefully they got to keep their stuff but since it didnt save, im not too hopeful about that.

No Idea what happened but the game just crashed on me with 2 others in the town (gave me a Mr. Rosetti error screen). It kicked both the people out but popped me right back into town. Hopefully they got to keep their stuff but since it didnt save, im not too hopeful about that.
Yup. Happened to me last night when a third person joined the game. Lost my catches. :(

I was on a roll with picking up seashells and bundling fruit and getting fossils when the power to my 3DS ran out. D'oh! Gotta charge!

No Idea what happened but the game just crashed on me with 2 others in the town (gave me a Mr. Rosetti error screen). It kicked both the people out but popped me right back into town. Hopefully they got to keep their stuff but since it didnt save, im not too hopeful about that.
It does not save - I lost those wacky fruits. Whenever I do MP and I catch a rare fish I ask the host to save. It seems this problem is just as prevalent as it was on the DS version which is too bad.

Anyway, I got some of the fruit from another town. Do these things (bananas and such) have to be planted near the beach like the coconuts, or can I grow them anywhere? Or do they only grow on the tropical island?

Sorry guys, my lobby just crashed too. :( I will be back on in a hour or so. Still have lots of fruits to give out.

io: Bananas are beach only.

Will have to add my name to that list later too. Im still at work. Hehe!

Did you know you can add friends in AC too without knowing their FC? I played multiplayer and was able to befriend another stranger who visited the same person i visited. That was a cool feature.

Alright - I passed the "night owl" ordinance - too bad it costs 20,000... Anyway, what do the "wealthy" and "beautiful" ones do?

And Tortimer is here but he says I can't visit the island until tomorrow - d'oh!
Beautiful keeps town clean, villagers water plants and plant new flowers. No roaches too. Wealthy makes buy and sell prices go up. Guess if you store a lot of stuff to sell its a good ordinance to have.

Just opened gates. Might rain in my town. Pretty cloudy right now.

Fishing on the island is amazing, I caught 3 whale sharks, 2 hammerheads, a regular shark, and several of the finned outline fish.

Just added myself to the spreadsheet. I have fond memories of playing this back in the day with other CAGs, so I'm looking forward to more shenanigans. ;-)

Town: Dunan
Fruit: Oranges
Friend Code: 0602-6414-8718
Name: Jason

Fishing on the island is amazing, I caught 3 whale sharks, 2 hammerheads, a regular shark, and several of the finned outline fish.
Dammit, how are you people getting to the island already!? I have been progressing as much as I can every day (and I even started Saturday night). It takes paying of two house upgrades and then another day of waiting as far as I can tell.

Dammit, how are you people getting to the island already!? I have been progressing as much as I can every day (and I even started Saturday night). It takes paying of two house upgrades and then another day of waiting as far as I can tell.
The progression seems odd, since I just today got my approval to 100 and am waiting on the permit, so I got to the island before I was able to do ordinances like you were.

Hey all I just added myself to the spreadsheet and will work on adding everyone tonight/tomorrow.

Town: 'horne
Fruit: apples
Friend Code: 3926-5105-4514
Name: Nestor

My gate is open and will be open all day tomorrow (3DS is in sleep mode). Anyone is welcome in.

Well my gate will be open until my power goes off because of the storms tomorrow, lol. Anyone is welcome to take apples if needed. Just don't hog them.

I think wealthy means lots of fruit and beautiful means they don't have much in the way of weeds/roaches/garbage

The progression seems odd, since I just today got my approval to 100 and am waiting on the permit, so I got to the island before I was able to do ordinances like you were.
Well, the 100% doesn't have anything to do with the island - I think we've determined it is 2 house upgrades. Maybe I missed a day in there when Nook was closed too early and I couldn't upgrade and that's why a lot of you are ahead on the island. 100% I just worked on yesterday for the first time and got it to 100% last night and then today was able to do ordinances/town upgrades. But it seems like I could have done that a few days earlier if I had wanted to.

It was just frustrating to see so many of you getting to the island and then I got Tortimer but he told me I had to wait until tomorrow for the boat to come by. Is that not what happened to everyone else?

94594f89b682eda1c0e2d5e4031a4de5_zps73db8f6e.jpg

Still have a good bit of work to do on the house. I did open up the island today.

Hmmmm... Is coelacanth still rare? Caught 2 virtually one after another...
yup. Is it raining in your town?
Oh, yeah, that's what you get - I was trying to tell my son since it is raining in his town. We didn't find anything in the ocean after looking for 30 minutes though. He kept getting Dorados or whatever they are in his river though. And isn't there a rare fish that can be near the waterfall when it rains? The problem is I can never reach the fish I see there - they are out of range from both sides usually.

Still have a good bit of work to do on the house. I did open up the island today.

Where do you get paintings?

Hmmmm... Is coelacanth still rare? Caught 2 virtually one after another...
yup. Is it raining in your town?
Oh, yeah, that's what you get - I was trying to tell my son since it is raining in his town. We didn't find anything in the ocean after looking for 30 minutes though. He kept getting Dorados or whatever they are in his river though. And isn't there a rare fish that can be near the waterfall when it rains? The problem is I can never reach the fish I see there - they are out of range from both sides usually.
Hmm, could be. I found some snakefish in the river when it was raining.

[quote name="io" post="10620469" timestamp="1371094116"]
[quote name="CAGkrazy" post="10620445" timestamp="1371093667"]
[quote name="nickerous" post="10620418" timestamp="1371093195"]

Still have a good bit of work to do on the house. I did open up the island today.[/quote]Where do you get paintings?
[/quote]
Redd - he sets up a tent near the town square (place you planted the tree). He's there today in my town.[/quote]
Havent met him yet. Ive only met katrina the psychic the other day. She also set a tent near the tree.

I should reading my brand new guide now to keep me in the loop of things.

^ Yeah, she was in the same spot yesterday for me.

Hmmm - the "night owl" law didn't change the time for Nook's Homes - still closed at a way too early 8pm.  So I can't work off the loan this evening and have my house upgraded tomorrow.  Boo...

Where do you get paintings?
Redd - he sets up a tent near the town square (place you planted the tree). He's there today in my town.
Actually those are custom designs. He's wearing one as a shirt. You can also wear them as hata, use as town flags, or set up as a painting in yourhouse. Not sure if he designed them himself or got them from someone else. Nice work either way.

Yeah, I didn't really look at them but it is apparent they aren't "paintings" from Redd.  For example, Redd has the Mona Lisa in my town right now.  The real paintings are more in that vein.

For those who have the guide, is it worth buying? I've been using the IGN wiki so far.
I'm interested in knowing this as well.

I've been having a great time with this. I sold my bug net by mistake (quick clicking with my stylus) so I'm hoping its in stock today to replace my goof. I saw Gulliver yesterday. Apparently cinnamon buns aren't a form of currency... Yet.

This game is fun all over again... except for players 2, 3 and 4. Well, it's not that it's no fun at all for them, but it's not as fun and that kind of sucks. Only the player that starts the town gets to be the Mayor. Everybody else is a peasant and they can't do as much. That's a big step down from my perspective. My kids are pretty bummed about it. No doubt the reason it's this way is to push you to get one copy per player instead, but we only have one 3DS, so aside from the much higher expensive ($120 since there's 3 of us!!) we then couldn't even see each others houses in game nor interact in any other way.

bread's done
Back