Animal Crossing New Leaf

Here's my Friend Code: 2594-0524-8826

I added myself to the spreadsheet in the OP, and added everyone who's on it currently to my friends list.
I'm getting that your FC is not valid.
Sorry. Had a typo. Fixed above and in the spreadsheet.

Its: 2595-0524-8826

Finally got a chance to play more this morning. Got the bug net and watering can from Isabell, to go with the fishing pole and shovel I bought in the shop the other day.

Really digging the game, but have to get some work done now! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the bug net, fishing pole, and shovel, but haven't caught a single bug or a fish yet. Pretty difficult.

And how long does it take for fruit to grow back? I haven't had any in my trees since 3 days ago.

For fishing just put it in their line of sight and wait for the bobber to go under (they usually nibble 2-4 times before taking it) then hit A right away.

For the bug net, hold A without out to sneak and just let go when the right distance away.

All you have to do for fish is just mash the A button when they pull on the line. Bugs just require you to line up the net to catch it. It shouldn't be that hard to catch things.

I've had new fruit each day so far, but that might be dependent on how many of your trees had fruit on them the first time.

So how does leaving your gate open work? Can people visit if you leave it open and just shut the 3DS to go to sleep mode?

I left it like that for a while, but batteries drained quick. But don't mind doing that with it plugged in sometimes so people can see if my shops have different items etc.

Sharks are killllliiinnngg me.  I'm 1 for 6 right now.  It really seems like you have to hit the button right as they bump into the lure and hope its the right turn.

*EDIT*

Guess i spoke too soon because in the last 5 minutes ive come across 4 sharks and caught 3 of them.  1 Saw, 1 Hammerhead and 1 Regular. 

Ran into Gulliver today. Can't wait to see what he sends me.

So far my two fortune cookies have produced a Yoshi egg and an Arwing.

It'd be neat if you could set up alarms on your 3DS for in-game events. I've got a squirrel coming over at 7pm and the big bug hunt contest is this weekend!!!!!!!!

Ran into Gulliver today. Can't wait to see what he sends me.

So far my two fortune cookies have produced a Yoshi egg and an Arwing.

It'd be neat if you could set up alarms on your 3DS for in-game events. I've got a squirrel coming over at 7pm and the big bug hunt contest is this weekend!!!!!!!!
Lol at us grown men being so excited about this stuff. Which we totally are.

Added myself to the google document, but here's my info again:
FC: 0516-7757-8132
Name: Dustin
Town: Westeros
Fruit: Peaches

I'll have my gate open and will be playing for at least another hour if anyone wants to drop in.

Got approval rating to 100%, they said it might be a couple days before I can start doing mayoral stuff though.

I have some oranges available to trade for anyone who has some peaches.  Send me a message on here and we can arrange a trade.

I dunno what happened...stupid error. Sorry to those who got bumped...I should call it a night anyway. Work at 7am tmrw. Be on again tmrw night. :)

Holy cow I'm so hooked on this game. I finally got to test out multiplayer. Went to someone's town and fished. Ppl came to my town too. Super fun.

It's funny. I've been waking up 30 min early before I have to get ready for work just to play this. I'm also playing it most of the evening. It's so so sad :)

I can't wait until my guide comes in the mail. That should help out a lot with additional tasks and things.

I just got the game so my city is about to start up. I added everyone on the spreadsheet above me and already have received a few confirmations from some. Thanks for adding me to your friend's list, now I have 3DS friends :)

3DS Friend Code: 0602-6361-6932
Name: Dranakin
Town: Tel Aviv
Fruit: Apples

I'll add myself to the Google Doc when I'm in front of a computer, but I'll keep my gate open anytime I play (usually around 8-9pm PDT).

My copy will be here Thursday and I've actually managed to avoid I lot of information about this game so far. Even though I was an animal crossing nerd and played all the previous versions to death, I'm looking forward to the new little surprises. There's a good amount of activity in this thread, so I hope to see you guys soon.

My copy will be here Thursday and I've actually managed to avoid I lot of information about this game so far. Even though I was an animal crossing nerd and played all the previous versions to death, I'm looking forward to the new little surprises. There's a good amount of activity in this thread, so I hope to see you guys soon.
Of course AC is AC, but there is definitely some new stuff that I think you will like. There are enough changes here to keep it interesting - definitely more so than in the Wii one.

The only problem is I think I've caught all I can at night.  I keep finding new stuff during the day because I don't play that much then so I miss a lot of those fish.  But yeah, there isn't much else you can do at night, unfortunately. I was going to decorate my ground with patterns but it turns out you can't access the QR codes until like 5-10 days into the game.

I did get satisfaction up to 100% so now I'm also waiting on that - first thing I'll do is make the stores stay open later.  They are just like in real life - pretty useless to me with "normal" people hours ;).  Man, I dragged myself out of bed early this morning so I could preorder a PS4 at Gamestop and I am feeling it now - dead tired.  I got about 3 hours of sleep tops last night (to bed at 6, couldn't sleep for a while, then up before 10).  And I'm on Pacific time so it isn't even that late here (1:30 right now).

So how does leaving your gate open work? Can people visit if you leave it open and just shut the 3DS to go to sleep mode?

I left it like that for a while, but batteries drained quick. But don't mind doing that with it plugged in sometimes so people can see if my shops have different items etc.
FYI, this does work to allow people to visit your town. I left mine on in sleep mode yesterday and had some of you visit and leave notes, fruit (thanks!) etc. Left it in sleep mode plugged in over night as well (edit: or probably not as it had a connection error when I opened it a bit ago).

Haven't got a chance to visit other towns yet as none where open the couple times I had a chance to check yesterday. Looking forward to checking out some other towns when I have more time to play.

Raining in my town today. Opened up my gates for people who want to fish in the rain. Appears to be a rare fish in the river. Haven't been able to catch it yet though. Probably won't be on much longer. Maybe a half hour or so. Will be back later in the evening though.

For those looking for fruit I highly recommend checking out the island. Not only does the island have coconuts & lemons, the tours have fruit as well.  I'm not sure if its randomized but the Easy Bug Tour had at least 10 trees full of Perfect cherries

I'm going to be downloading this from the eShop tonight. This is the perfect game to always have on the system.
I'm finding this to be true, as I'm starting to regret getting the cartridge version. Would it be too un-CAG-like of me to buy a second copy through the eShop? 3DS gaming is the only gaming I have time for these days, and this cartridge switching is driving me nuts. I should be able to transfer my town, correct?

I'm going to be downloading this from the eShop tonight. This is the perfect game to always have on the system.
I'm finding this to be true, as I'm starting to regret getting the cartridge version. Would it be too un-CAG-like of me to buy a second copy through the eShop? 3DS gaming is the only gaming I have time for these days, and this cartridge switching is driving me nuts. I should be able to transfer my town, correct?
I believe so:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/26/nintendo-3ds-update-move-saves-from-retail-games-to-downloads/

Lol. I was going to do the opposite. I have the eShop download because I wanted it at midnight of release, but had it on preorder for the physical cart. Still haven't picked up my preorder, and with your post, I don't think I will. I'll stick with the download version.

Just got the game last night (stupid Amazon). When I get home from work I will post my info.

So there is a way to leave the gate open during sleep mode? If so how?

Just got the game last night (stupid Amazon). When I get home from work I will post my info.

So there is a way to leave the gate open during sleep mode? If so how?
See post from dmaul1114. I guess you just open your gates and close the screen on the 3DS. I'm trying it now so if anyone wants to visit, be my guest (and leave fruit please. :bouncy: )

FYI, this does work to allow people to visit your town. I left mine on in sleep mode yesterday and had some of you visit and leave notes, fruit (thanks!) etc. Left it in sleep mode plugged in over night as well (edit: or probably not as it had a connection error when I opened it a bit ago).

Haven't got a chance to visit other towns yet as none where open the couple times I had a chance to check yesterday. Looking forward to checking out some other towns when I have more time to play.

I think if you open the gates and then shut your 3ds that works.
Alright cool. I might just leave my gates open when I am at work then. Does leaving your gates open allow people from anywhere to come in or is it just people on your friends list?
Depends if you leave it open for local or faraway (friends list) visitors. You can just leave it for faraway so friends list folks can only visit.

How do you go yo the island? I got the game day one yet i feel like it barely even touched the basics. Just paid of my 1st mortgage and in waiting to apply for an expansion. Fishing at the sea shore is what givesw the most money i want to go to the island now and be rich. Hehw

How do you go yo the island? I got the game day one yet i feel like it barely even touched the basics. Just paid of my 1st mortgage and in waiting to apply for an expansion. Fishing at the sea shore is what givesw the most money i want to go to the island now and be rich. Hehw
Tortimer will eventually show up and talk to you. He'll pop up when you load your game and mention to meet him at the pier, so don't feel like you need to search high and low for him.

I've added everyone currently in the spreadsheet, man that took awhile. Tortimer didn't show up for me until I paid of my second mortgage, I don't know if that is what triggers it though.

Is it possible to move your town from one cartridge/3ds to another? Or same cartridge, but different 3DS. Where is the save - on the cartridge?

Just purchased the title and started today, add me!
AC character name: Daniel
Friend code: 1805-3410-6662
I just aded myself to te spreadsheet, and added several CAGs to my friend's list as well.. :)

bread's done
Back