Animal Crossing New Leaf

Heres my map layout.

2D41E7E4-87F1-42B7-9184-16DF3936590A-8995-000005B17013E468_zpsb132cf94.jpg

Didnt want a winding river for starters and wanted to have the town hall and re-tail near the tracks so i can easily donate and then sell left overs. Wanted a beach front property and having my own shoreline was a big plus. I also live near a waterfall. No neighbors building in front of me too.

Oh and that mushroom looking thingie in the map is my new bridge being constructed. Hege

Last edited by a moderator:
These FC things are so antiquated...does it tell you when someone else adds you to their Friends List? Also, how do you send a PM to a friend? I have some "provisionally added" people on my list, and I'd like to remove them if I know they won't be adding me back.

These FC things are so antiquated...does it tell you when someone else adds you to their Friends List? Also, how do you send a PM to a friend? I have some "provisionally added" people on my list, and I'd like to remove them if I know they won't be adding me back.
No, only when they add you back. Yeah it kind of sucks.

Going to leave my gate open for a bit. I have some Oranges and am trying to grow Peaches/Pears but feel free to leave any fruit.

[quote name="Dranakin" post="10625976" timestamp="1371251903"]
These FC things are so antiquated...does it tell you when someone else adds you to their Friends List? Also, how do you send a PM to a friend? I have some "provisionally added" people on my list, and I'd like to remove them if I know they won't be adding me back.[/quote]
I dont think youll know if someone adds your FC like most social media are and like Psn where it shows a pending a friend request. I would send a pm through cag to the people you added on here and if they dont add you back then delete. Also i think swapnote is the only pm system on 3ds which is a pain imo.

Got a few rare beetles saved up for tomorrows bug catching contest. From what I've read its best to start off with common bugs,as you get a new item for each time you beat your previous high score.

Got a few rare beetles saved up for tomorrows bug catching contest. From what I've read its best to start off with common bugs,as you get a new item for each time you beat your previous high score.

Yo brett, did ur game crash last time you were in my town? Mine did and lost all the bugs you helped me catch. Suck! Might have to read up on bug off day to make the most of it tomorrow.

bring ur 3ds to work etc. walk around with it

bring ur 3ds to work etc. walk around with it
While in sleep mode of course.

Alternately, you can just put it sleep mode and move your arm back and forth while holding it with it in sleep mode. You get 1 coin for every 100 steps, so it doesn't take long to get to 200 doing that in a pinch.

But yeah, it's easier to just take it with you when running an errand or something and get to 1,000 steps quickly to get your 10 coins (max for one day) every now and then.
Thanks.

So it's that pedometer thing. I wasn't sure if the coins were something in-game, or not. Looks like I'll have to get to steppin'

Yo brett, did ur game crash last time you were in my town? Mine did and lost all the bugs you helped me catch. Suck! Might have to read up on bug off day to make the most of it tomorrow.
Yup. I've had a couple crashes so far.

Finally got to the island. In loving the tours. The scavenger hunt pretty much my favorite. 9 medals each time! Hopefully redd shows up soon. I want to build the 2nd floor museum already and the portrait section is the only thing im missing to trigger it
You have some time. You have to talk to Blathers on 14 different days in addition to having one of each item before you can expand.

Still going through the list and adding as many as I can.

Loving the game so far! :) I haven't played since the GCN version like others, so there's that slight nostalgic feeling, but definitely enough new stuff to also feel fresh.

Ok I'll have time tomorrow to start fussing around with creating the town.  About how long is it until you're able to save?

Also does anyone know if things will get messed up if I time travel several hours every so often so I can "catchup" to realtime.  For example I'll start on (game time) Sunday and get back to Saturday

I just added my info to the spreadsheet and I'm going to start registering people now. Hope I can get in some late night fishing.

-

Edit: I'm just going to add everyone on the spreadsheet and see what happens.

Finally went to the island tonight...ur right lots of fun! I was able to buy a dive suit for home :) I would've opened my gate but I was only on for a little bit before bed...just needed to check out the island real quick.

I've kept up with the spread sheet...everyone's been added. I have about 20 that haven't added back...I won't delete til much later. It's a lot of ppl to add so it takes a little time.

Hope to be on tmrw!

This game is fun all over again... except for players 2, 3 and 4. Well, it's not that it's no fun at all for them, but it's not as fun and that kind of sucks. Only the player that starts the town gets to be the Mayor. Everybody else is a peasant and they can't do as much. That's a big step down from my perspective. My kids are pretty bummed about it. No doubt the reason it's this way is to push you to get one copy per player instead, but we only have one 3DS, so aside from the much higher expensive ($120 since there's 3 of us!!) we then couldn't even see each others houses in game nor interact in any other way.
Heh... So, yeah, this is the first time I've ever bought 3 copies of a game. I bought 2 copies of the DS version so me and my daughter could play. I was travelling a lot at the time and it was pretty cool (especially back then) to be able to play online with her while I was holed up in some hotel room for an otherwise tedious business trip.

My daughter (now 16) has moved on from gaming for the most part, and I thought my 13 year-old Halo-loving son had moved on from this type of game at least so I got a copy for me and one for my 10 year-old. Then my 13 year-old saw us playing and started a character in my town. After like 1 day I got pretty tired of him using it (I'm pretty picky about the condition of my devices and he wasn't being super clean with it). I had a 3rd copy of the game coming in that I forgot I ordered at Amazon and I was just going to return it to GS with my receipt from there (since on Amazon I had used a non-refundable $20 credit from that trade-in deal). Instead of doing that, we ended up going out and getting him a 3DS at Target for $142 ($20 off plus red card discount). So, yeah., in effect, I spent about $227 on this game ;). I'm hoping my son plays other stuff with the 3DS and in a few years it can go to the little one (currently 5). So it really isn't all being spent just for AC, but it seems that way right now. I just hope my 13 year-old keeps his interest going in the game. He tends to be super-excited about stuff for like a week and then never touches it again. But it was nice to see him return to his Nintendo roots as he was introduced to gaming via a Gamecube and played the GC and Wii versions of AC before. He had become a 360 multiplayer shooter type of kid the last 2 years though. I think the Xbox One has turned even him off of that a bit though.

For AC vets, how does this compare to the GCN one? I wasn't thrilled with the Wii version due to controls, gimped holidays and other exclusions. I didn't play the DS game either. Game is set to arrive today or tomorrow.

I will be getting the guide as I like to physcially look through something but will also check online sources as well.
If you haven't played much since the GC game, there is a ton of new (and improved stuff). Just the island adds a ton more to do and I keep finding out about new features all the time. Yeah, the NES games are long gone, but that's all I really thought was missing after the GC version. I don't even remember the holiday issue.

The only regrets people are going to have are when

1) Something happens to their 3DS console and the game is lost since it is tied to the console

2) They grow tired of playing (is this even possible?) and they can't sell or gift it to someone else
I have never gotten rid of any other versions - never felt like I could with all the time I put into the towns even if I am never playing the game again. I should fire up my DS version just to see what is going on in there ;). So I figured this may be the one and only game I'll get digitally on my own 3DS XL (though I got the kids the cart versions).

Finally got to the island. In loving the tours. The scavenger hunt pretty much my favorite. 9 medals each time! Hopefully redd shows up soon. I want to build the 2nd floor museum already and the portrait section is the only thing im missing to trigger it
You have some time. You have to talk to Blathers on 14 different days in addition to having one of each item before you can expand.
OK, so see here - this is something I had no idea about. Looking forward to this even though I don't know what the expansion could possibly include.

I got the island yesterday and have just been busy as hell messing around there. I did get the Tortimer pass but I don't see how to go online with that. I'm going to try it here in a bit again.

Yeah, I'm doing the online island thing.  No surprise, but between 2-3 AM Pacific it is all Japanese people ;).  Like 12 in a row with no one from anywhere else!

No English speakers either.  I finally have one guy here now who said in English that he was Japanese.  When I wrote back he then said he didn't speak any English.  Now he's telling me someone who just came in is also Japanese.  Yes, I can tell from the TPC's (not to mention when they talk to each other) ;).

Online Island thing? What Online Island thing?
The Tortimer pass you can buy with 50 medals then allows you to connect to random people at the island. They were all Japanese. Even though we couldn't communicate too well a couple of them wanted to exchange 3DS friend codes ;).

Online Island thing? What Online Island thing?
The Tortimer pass you can buy with 50 medals then allows you to connect to random people at the island. They were all Japanese. Even though we couldn't communicate too well a couple of them wanted to exchange 3DS friend codes ;).
One I ran into kept repeating the same number. Realized later it was probably his friend code,lol. I wrte down a few dream codes though, gonna have to check those out once I catch isabelle sleeping.

Doing the bug contest. Runs from 9-6. Judges based off bug rarity, size, and luster. You can kinda tell what it'll be worth based on his initial comment. If you choose to let him further examine, you won't be getting the bug back. You get a prize for beating first place score. Any bug that scores over 80 points and is top score gets a special bug themed prize.

Island bugs seem to score the best, although I've had a few disappointments in that regard because they were small or had poor colors according to the judge. Horned atlas only scored me 78 points, same amount as an average sized bee.

For those without island access, a bee, rainbow stag, and oak treemoth should do well score wise. My oak treemoth actually scored 98 points. Of course those only appear at night iirc. Those on the west coast could conceivably visit an east coast island to hunt for rare bugs after 7pm est and still make it back in time to enter their own bug contest.

Wonder if we can enter other people's bug offs? And if it would remember your high score from your own town?

Played last night with DNEayr and Bezerker. Had a great time at the island!

I added up the rest of the spreadsheet, but I think I might've missed a few. If you've added me and I haven't added you back please PM me so I know I'm missing you.

I know several people expressed interest in my blue pikmin hat.  As luck would have it I actually got a second one this morning! It is up for trade  for any other piece of Nintendo themed fortune cookie clothing.

any idea how we can check fish/insect size after initial capture?
Display it in your room.
Thanks, but it seem to just pop up the display case with no info. can't interact with it other than move it around. am I missing something?
My bad,that doesn't work. Guess there isn't a way to check. Gotta write it down yourself I guess.

Haha, the bug items are so cute. And space efficient too. I've got 5 so far.

So far loving this game. Gonna add some people today.

How to you visit other games and how do you open your gates? Would love to visit another world.

So far I've bought the shovel and net. ( do the holes go away?)

Entered the bug contest with a common month.

I just added myself to the spreadsheet.  PM me if you add me!  Anyone know the highest number of points you can get in the Bug-Off?  My first scored 79 and then I gave a butterfly (agrias I believe) that scored 100. 

Also, Birdwing Butterflies are being bought at a premium today at my Re-tail.  They normally sell for 4,000, so I wonder how high they will go for.

Added a bunch of people from the spreadsheet before my battery needed a recharge. Started from the bottom and worked my way up to courageous, plus added the first three names on the list. Feel free to add me as well.

Figured it out, gates open

2595 0360 3190 - Fruit Oranges

Let me know if I need to add you. First time playing and i love it

Added you umbry.
I just added myself to the spreadsheet. PM me if you add me! Anyone know the highest number of points you can get in the Bug-Off? My first scored 79 and then I gave a butterfly (agrias I believe) that scored 100.

Also, Birdwing Butterflies are being bought at a premium today at my Re-tail. They normally sell for 4,000, so I wonder how high they will go for.
You've been added.

I've done a little bug hunting, high-score is 69 (insert joke here), I'll try some more later, probably update FC list later tonight as well.

Am I the only one that thinks Nat does more than examine these bugs that we give him? I think he has a feast at 6:01pm. ;)

Anyway a birdwing butterfly got me 106 points and a snail clock. I wasn't very excited about that. Gave him some other new stuff I had never seen before but was less than 80 (peacock butterfly and orchid something); should've given them to the museum instead.

Looks like I'm done with the bug contest. Got 155 for golden stag. It was vibrant and 66.9 mm.

Got 7 bug items. Kinda want more but oh well. Next contest I suppose.

So far topped out at 122 with a birdwing butterfly. In return? I got butterfly wallpaper....ugh.

Dang I did the bug off and by the third insect I gave. Nat gave it at 123. Waaaahhh I just gave him a raja butterfly! Now I don't think I have any more bugs that will rank higher. Suck! I only got 2 items. Oh well time to go back to the island and farm sharks. Hehe

I'm going to end up adding everyone from the spreadsheet, so if I haven't gotten to you yet, don't delete me (as I don't have the patience to do it all in one sitting).

By the way, I can't stop playing this game. It is completely addictive. Then again, I loved all of the other series entries (even City Folk, which everyone seems to dog on).

I wrte down a few dream codes though, gonna have to check those out once I catch isabelle sleeping.
I saw those on their cards. What are those codes for?

Damn, I am out till this evening. I may miss the whole bug thing unless I time travel later tonight.

Cheater :). Highest I can seem to get is 78, and that was only once, every other bug is like 50 or lower...

OK, I just put myself on the spreadsheet and added everyone from the spreadsheet that had info up--hope to see some great towns soon!

Cheater :). Highest I can seem to get is 78, and that was only once, every other bug is like 50 or lower...
It's not cheating when every damn thing is daytime based and I can almost never play during the day...

But I did take care of it just now. I thought you got a bug item for every thing over 80. But no, it is only over 80 AND beating your high score. DAMMIT.

So after turning in a few 30-40 point things I got a 112 off a beetle from my island. Then I beat that with a bird-wing butterfly for 120. Then after 30 minutes I finally found another one of those and instead of turning it into the museum I gave it to stupid Nat and it was only worth 63. WTF!? Anyway, I'm done - only got 2 bug items. But this gets repeated other times in the year, right?

I got 100 with one, and I haven't gotten close since.  I recommend going to the Island or to other towns for bugs.  They all count.

I still don't know how I'm supposed to use this Club Tortimer card.

It is one of the items you buy at the shop on the island (with medals). It looks like paper. You need 50 medals for it.

I got 100 with one, and I haven't gotten close since. I recommend going to the Island or to other towns for bugs. They all count.

Speak with Cap'N and he will mention it. After you speak with him you will have the option of going to the island by yourself or with other people. Then he will let you choose with people just from NA or from around the world.

Got the gold trophy. Glad to hear this bug off is a monthly occurence. Will try and get the rest of the bug items next month. Got an extra beetle chair I'd be willing to trade for other bug stuff. Preferably the lady bug carpet.

To go online with club tortimer go to the dock by yourself and choose the second Option when he asks if you're going by yourself or with others. You first have to get the tortimer pass on the island to do this.

I got 100 with one, and I haven't gotten close since. I recommend going to the Island or to other towns for bugs. They all count.

Speak with Cap'N and he will mention it. After you speak with him you will have the option of going to the island by yourself or with other people. Then he will let you choose with people just from NA or from around the world.
Thanks

bread's done
Back