Amazon: Trade in $10 worth of games get $10 bonus credit for preorders Update! Works on Blu Rays and Dvds

MooseTheCorgi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=vg_ti_1010_fb?ie=UTF8&docId=1001227191

Trade in $10, Get $10 Pre-order Credit
Until June 30, 2013, trade in $10 worth of video games, consoles, or accessories and get a $10 bonus credit toward select pre-orders in addition to your trade-in value.

How to redeem this offer:
1. Search for your qualifying item using the search below
2. Select the item(s) you'd like to trade
3. Send in your item(s) for processing following the instructions provided
4. If your trade-in is accepted, the promotion will be applied automatically to your purchase of qualifying video games items

Please see the full Terms and Conditions below. 

Xbox One

PS4

Wii U

Xbox 360

PS3

Update: Looks like Amazon has another promo going at the same time for DVDs and Blu Ray. Trade in $10
in Blu Ray and Dvds and get $10 towards your next Blu Ray or Dvd purchase.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000431151

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to trade in :360: Borderlands 2 since it's been collecting dust ever since I bought a PC. $20.10 (after bonus applies) isn't that bad considering I paid $23 for it.

For me, putting it towards Dark Souls 2 would be the no-brainer, but I would prefer it on PC and I'm sure GMG is going to have it up for preorder with a coupon closer to release, so I'll pass. Thanks OP.

Not to sound dumb, but if a game is worth 10 bucks then you get 20 bucks right?
i think u get $10 amazon credit deposited as a gift card amount, and the extra $10 can only be used on a qualifying preorder
Yeah, but the math is right correct?
Yeah, also it looks like if you just purchase one of the qualifying items, it may not have to be to be a preorder.

Not to sound dumb, but if a game is worth 10 bucks then you get 20 bucks right?
i think u get $10 amazon credit deposited as a gift card amount, and the extra $10 can only be used on a qualifying preorder
Yeah, but the math is right correct?
Yeah, also it looks like if you just purchase one of the qualifying items, it may not have to be to be a preorder.
Thanks Moose

This promo got me to bite though it took a while to find a game worth trading in.  I went with :360: Saints Row The Third: Full Package for $23.

Here's the full fine print and I bolded a few important bits:

Terms and Conditions

To receive the Promotion:
• Initiate a video game trade-in between June 13, 2013 and June 30, 2013.

• If the trade-in is accepted, you will receive a confirmation email.

• Add a qualifying item described in the offer to your Shopping Cart.
• The discount will be applied automatically to your purchase of the qualifying item. 

Terms and Conditions:
• The promotion is limited to one per customer. If there is more than one eligible item in your Shopping Cart, the promotion applies to only the lowest priced item.
• The discount is valid until August 31, 2013. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time.
• If your video game trade-in is not submitted in accordance with the instructions, or is not accepted, you are not eligible for the promotion and you will not receive a promotion.
• If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, the discount will not apply.
• The promotion applies only to qualifying items sold and shipped by Amazon.com. It does not apply to items sold by other merchants on the Amazon.com web site.
• If you return the qualifying item purchased to obtain the promotional code, we will subtract the value of promotional code from your return credit.
• Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click. The offer may not be combined with other offers.
• Shipping and handling charges apply to all products.
• Offer good while supplies last.
• Void if copied, transferred, or prohibited.

Unless any of the games listed on the link page release before 8/31, I don't see how the $10 would work towards anything that's not a pre-order.

hey trying to trade in GOW collection, its listed for 14 but i downloaded the 2 add on games as well... will they still give me the trade in? and this goes for other games that come with dlc?

hey trying to trade in GOW collection, its listed for 14 but i downloaded the 2 add on games as well... will they still give me the trade in? and this goes for other games that come with dlc?
As long as the UPC matches, anything that is a one-time code is considered consumed whenever trading (unless specified).

But be careful with this one, I saw a few replies in the Amazon Trade-In thread that got their GoW collections rejected for being the "wrong version." Might want to get someone verify it first.

So not to have a repeat of the last time they did something like this...for anyone that's submitted a trade, the promo IS showing up correct?  

So not to have a repeat of the last time they did something like this...for anyone that's submitted a trade, the promo IS showing up correct?
They claim the promo credit will show once they process your trade.
Yes, but it should show that there has been a promo added when you "check out" with the trade. This was the problem last time, it didn't show up for anyone that submitted on the first day that the deal started & they finally had to manually add it a week or two later.

They claim the promo credit will show once they process your trade.
Yes, but it should show that there has been a promo added when you "check out" with the trade. This was the problem last time, it didn't show up for anyone that submitted on the first day that the deal started & they finally had to manually add it a week or two later.
I'm assuming it's working just fine. When I check my trade-in account, this is what shows:

VCwdeok.jpg

Thanks - I just ran something through and it shows as you're going through the process as well.  Looks like they learned their lesson!  :p

This promo got me to bite though it took a while to find a game worth trading in. I went with :360: Saints Row The Third: Full Package for $23.

Here's the full fine print and I bolded a few important bits:

Terms and Conditions

To receive the Promotion:
• Initiate a video game trade-in between June 13, 2013 and June 30, 2013.

• If the trade-in is accepted, you will receive a confirmation email.

• Add a qualifying item described in the offer to your Shopping Cart.
• The discount will be applied automatically to your purchase of the qualifying item.

Terms and Conditions:
• The promotion is limited to one per customer. If there is more than one eligible item in your Shopping Cart, the promotion applies to only the lowest priced item.
• The discount is valid until August 31, 2013. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time.
• If your video game trade-in is not submitted in accordance with the instructions, or is not accepted, you are not eligible for the promotion and you will not receive a promotion.
• If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, the discount will not apply.
• The promotion applies only to qualifying items sold and shipped by Amazon.com. It does not apply to items sold by other merchants on the Amazon.com web site.
• If you return the qualifying item purchased to obtain the promotional code, we will subtract the value of promotional code from your return credit.
• Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click. The offer may not be combined with other offers.
• Shipping and handling charges apply to all products.
• Offer good while supplies last.
• Void if copied, transferred, or prohibited.

Unless any of the games listed on the link page release before 8/31, I don't see how the $10 would work towards anything that's not a pre-order.
Thanks for posting this!

I don't like this deal anywhere near as much as the trade $20 get $20 bonus for any video game, but just wanted to give a heads up:

LEGO Marvel has a bonus $10 credit when you preorder it (good towards anything sold from Amazon, I used mine towards a Diamond Select Deadpool figure), and although it says they'll give you the credit when the item ships, they actually deposited into my account immediately after pre-ordering.

TL;DR LEGO Marvel is $50 -$10 Amazon pre-order credit - $10 bonus for trading in $10+used = net $30 -value of game traded in (e.g. $20 + a $10 game trade)

So because they only take one item this may not be as good a deal as trading in to a store that only gives extra if you have more then one  item or am I looking at it wrong?

The more I look at this the more tempting it is if I can find something I want to trade.  While I wish BF4 for PC or Pokemon X/Y were part of this but GTA V and Tales of Xillia should both be close to a lock on living up to expectations and probably not get a huge discount right away.  Destiny's probably pretty safe as well though I could see that being all over the place for $40 on black friday.

I'll probably be trading in Tales of Graces F for Tales of Xillia. Hated Graces, but have already tried Xillia at my friend's (who imported it) and loved the gameplay much more. Heard the story was on par with Symphonia too. 

Although I haven't traded in any games with Amazon before. Do they handle things well? I've heard of some cases in which people who traded in their games experienced some missing disc problems. 

Also, can you send in two games and get $20 for a pre-order bonus? I might send in Far Cry 3 as well. Graces F : $21 +$10 bonus and FC3 - $10 + $10 bonus = $51? yes or no? 

I'll probably be trading in Tales of Graces F for Tales of Xillia. Hated Graces, but have already tried Xillia at my friend's (who imported it) and loved the gameplay much more. Heard the story was on par with Symphonia too.

Although I haven't traded in any games with Amazon before. Do they handle things well? I've heard of some cases in which people who traded in their games experienced some missing disc problems.

Also, can you send in two games and get $20 for a pre-order bonus? I might send in Far Cry 3 as well. Graces F : $21 +$10 bonus and FC3 - $10 + $10 bonus = $51? yes or no?
Well I would assume you could only apply one $10 bonus to each preorder, provided you even got two of the bonuses. Not sure how that's going to work exactly and you'd definitely have to do them as separate trades.

Although I haven't traded in any games with Amazon before. Do they handle things well?
I've traded in a ton of games and only ever had one problem-- they docked me down to Acceptable for Medal of Honor: Warfighter because the manual was missing, even though that game didn't come with a manual. Someone in another thread had a great idea, to slip in a note saying "This game did not include a manual," since a lot of newer games don't.

my copy of MOH warfighter came with a piece of paper folded in 3 pieces and on the front of it, it said: MANUAL AVAILABLE ONLINE

I saw this under the terms and conditions: If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, the discount will not apply.  I contacted customer service since the qualifying pre-order I made was on May 9th, but the customer service guy i chatted with said that it wouldn't be a problem.

I took advantage of this offer... they don't have a huge selection, but there are several of the PS4 games I'm interested in, so why not :) Definitely not as good as $20 last month ;)

Thanks OP, this worked out pretty well for me. I know I want at least one PS4 launch window game (Watch Dogs) and since X-Com: Enemy Unknown just got added to PS+, I'm trading in my copy for the $14 + 10 bonus which ends up being more than I paid for the game, and I still technically get to keep it. 

Why isn't Ghosts listed for PS4? It's on there for everything else except the system I want to pre-order it for.

Not very exciting but I picked up a copy of MLB 2k12 for $13.xx at Target last night, will trade in for $10.75+$10 bonus. Will use towards GTA V I expect.

I chatted with CS about Ghosts missing from the PS4 list, and Lillian said she will forward my queries to the relevant department.

I chatted with CS about Ghosts missing from the PS4 list, and Lillian said she will forward my queries to the relevant department.
Awesome! I may contact CS about some other games like The Order 1886 and The Evil Within. Hopefully they will add more games to this promo.

Is there any other games than Lego marvel with preorder deals with amazon that would stack with this ? I know the offer promo credit for preordering sometimes .

I e-mailed support about trading in two games that add up to $10 to see if that qualifies for this promotion (since I'm trading in Saints Row the Third for $9 and Borderlands GOTY for $3)... I sure hope it does so I can finally pre-order Tales of Xillia.

I e-mailed support about trading in two games that add up to $10 to see if that qualifies for this promotion (since I'm trading in Saints Row the Third for $9 and Borderlands GOTY for $3)... I sure hope it does so I can finally pre-order Tales of Xillia.
Considering the wording specifies "trade in $10 worth of games" and not "any game worth $10 or more," I'd assume you're in the clear - but that's not always how it works on the programming end of things. Please post back when you get a reply back.

Yeah, but better safe than sorry. I'll edit this post (or reply if more people reply to this thread) when I get a response.

bread's done
Back