* * * * * 2 votes

Amazon: Trade in $10 worth of games get $10 bonus credit for preorders Update! Works on Blu Rays and Dvds

#121 io   ... Super Moderators   23447 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

It's their fault that you didn't check the pre-order eligible items and that there is no game you want to pre-order on the list?

Um, no, I think you need to reread the thread.  The promo is not working for nearly all the PS4 and X1 games that are listed on the promo page.  You have to contact them to get it to work correctly.

Quite contrary to your assertion, I picked out a game and locked in the trade (factoring in the extra $10 or otherwise I wouldn't have bothered) based on the very list itself.  There are several things I was considering but none of them work, apparently.

It wouldn't be such a big deal except that Amazon has hidden metrics for customer complaints/CS issues and too many and you might possibly get banned.  That was my point - I shouldn't have to contact them (and have it count against me) when it is entirely their fault.

At this point I'm just hoping the list is still up there and hasn't been changed by the time I get my credit (as my game is still on the long, slow process of UPS ground delivery - going on 5 or 6 days now).  I guess I should screen capture it just in case but that will make dealing with CS even harder.

#122 Elusive   ... CAGiversary!   1266 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

Well, I was interested in the $10 bonus credit for trading in movies until every single one I wanted to trade in was either worth $.05 or $.10. I could easily resell them for at least thirty times the amount they're offering me. Sheesh, Amazon, I thought you were better than that.

#123 Tmega   No Longer In Training CAGiversary!   929 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

I wonder if they will fix it on their own before the credit expires don't really want to contact customer service

#124 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

It's their fault that you didn't check the pre-order eligible items and that there is no game you want to pre-order on the list?

Basically what he was saying is that they put a number of games on the list that the credit doesn't work for and according to CS wasn't supposed to.

3ds120.gif Tales of the Abyss :mrgreen:   :pc: ESO   :wiiu: TBD :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: TBD  :360: TBD   :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2015: 29 - Recently Completed: :vita: Murasaki Baby
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#125 darrenaw9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

Bummer, my God of War saga was rejected due to it being the wrong edition? Anyone encountered something like this before? Also I'm sure its in good condition. So now I'm screwed of the 10 bucks promo as well. Anyway i can talk to a rep and hopefully get something?

#126 Corgstradamus  

Corgstradamus

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:12 AM

Bummer, my God of War saga was rejected due to it being the wrong edition? Anyone encountered something like this before? Also I'm sure its in good condition. So now I'm screwed of the 10 bucks promo as well. Anyway i can talk to a rep and hopefully get something?

How was it the wrong edition? Did you accidentally trade in the controller bundle or something?

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#127 darrenaw9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

How was it the wrong edition? Did you accidentally trade in the controller bundle or something?

Nope. I got it from the GS sale. I do think that there is two editions though. One with the 30 days ps plus and one without ps plus. I dont know if they have the same or different sku though.

#128 Corgstradamus  

Corgstradamus

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

Nope. I got it from the GS sale. I do think that there is two editions though. One with the 30 days ps plus and one without ps plus. I dont know if they have the same or different sku though.

If amazon doesn't list two editions and you are willing to take the time you could probably contact CS about this... tell them you will trade it back in and that you were trading it for the promo. They may give you the $10 promo as video game / software credit instantly. 

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#129 darrenaw9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:52 AM

If amazon doesn't list two editions and you are willing to take the time you could probably contact CS about this... tell them you will trade it back in and that you were trading it for the promo. They may give you the $10 promo as video game / software credit instantly. 

Yup that's what i'll do once i get the game back from them. It's better to contact them after getting the game back correct?

#130 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   2857 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:22 AM

Woot sent out my ZombiUs today for 14.5 plus the promo. Gonna use on Watch Dogs or Batman

#131 narmstrong79   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

narmstrong79

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

Amazon CS updated my order and reduced by $10 !  woot woot  PS4 Watch Dog launch day bundle + Madden 25 for $477.81 (after Trade in credit and $10 Bonus) 

Since they only reduced the order by $10, I could technically still order one of the games that the bonus is working for and the $10 will apply.  But I wouldn't do that.