Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally! I had been wanting to post for the longest time asking if there were any deal's people know of on anime. But couldn't bring myself to pick a forum to do it in out of here, deal requests, or discussion/bragging right's. But a thread specifically for Anime deal's is wonderful, although may I also reccomend it include Bestbuy/Walmart/wherever an ACTUAL deal is (No YMMV or regional clearence)? Because that way we don't need a new thread for a single deal on anime just because it isn't from amazon. (Although it's given that most deals on anime WILL be from amazon, but you never know).

Edited it up a little bit. Made it into a general anime thread by suggestion of Hemi!

If anybody has any deals, post them here and I will add them to the OP. Will be adding more later on!

And should I go on ahead and only post specific BluRay deals, or should I post both?

I think it should be Blu and DVD since not all releases are in Blu. Good thread idea though, I'll check here often!
I suppose thats debatable. A lot of Funi titles today are Blu/DVD but then you get those stupid DVD only releases because of us sharing the same Blu region as Japan. I guess Blu Only and DVD Only would be good recommendations for other sections too.

I've been looking around for quite some time over various sites and can never find a thread that consistently posts good anime deals.
There's always WTK's thread at DVDTalk. I go there frequently as he posts at least once every 2-4 days. He makes a new thread every month.

That's part of the current sale this week, and really the only thing decent from the sale. Everything else is sorta meh.

exactly why i posted it. although i am disappointed the show is only 13 episodes.

Updated the OP slightly. 

Added Black Lagoon, and a note with the Amazon deals will end at the end of June.

May pick up 1 - 2 more by then. Probably looking at Baka and Test and Ouran.

I found tari tari to be subpar as far as slice of life and music anime goes :/
Compared to what, K-On? K-On is a better comedy and music anime, but Tari Tari is a better slice of life drama, imo. It was also considered popular in Japan.
Beck/Mongolian Chop Squad absolutely destroys both, imo.

As for the Sentai deal, yeah, Elfen Lied on Blu-ray's really the only decent deal, seeing as how Sentai's prices don't really drop during their weekly deals on RS.

Beck/Mongolian Chop Squad absolutely destroys both, imo.

As for the Sentai deal, yeah, Elfen Lied on Blu-ray's really the only decent deal, seeing as how Sentai's prices don't really drop during their weekly deals on RS.
^this. I consider k-on to be trash. When I think of music anime I think beck/ mongolian chop squad lol.

Casshern Sins Blu Ray Part 1 and Part 2 (Hyb) are $8.99 each on Rightstuf.com
And Towanoquon Blu Ray is $24.99 as well.Sorry I do not know how to posts links

Huh, both Steins;Gate sets (Part 1 & Part 2) are $29.49 each right now, the lowest I've ever seen them. I don't doubt that Funimation will eventually release a single "Complete Series" collection, but I really, really want to have that series (though I wouldn't be able to watch it for a while). Does anyone think I should just pull the trigger now at $58.98 for the whole series or hold off until later on?

Huh, both Steins;Gate sets (Part 1 & Part 2) are $29.49 each right now, the lowest I've ever seen them. I don't doubt that Funimation will eventually release a single "Complete Series" collection, but I really, really want to have that series (though I wouldn't be able to watch it for a while). Does anyone think I should just pull the trigger now at $58.98 for the whole series or hold off until later on?
If you won't be able to watch it for a while, wait for the complete series set (hopefully by end of year). That is the best price I've seen for Part 1.

If you can watch it now, get it! Amazing series!

Knowing how I got 'em off Right Stuf new for nearly $82 (both parts combined), I'd say go for it. I really liked it.

Is it certain that there will be a complete set of Steins Gate? I watched the first episode on funi's youtube page and loved it. $60 sounds good for the full set, but obviously if it's going to be cheaper down the road in a complete collection I can wait.

Not sure if this is even a deal because I don't know how low these have been in the past, but I picked up the 2 DVD box sets of Death Note.

Set 1: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CZJP0S/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER -- $17.49

Set 2: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001R8B5TO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER -- $20.09

Seems pretty cheap to me, but what do I know. :| Set 2 has 18 left in stock.
They've gone done in price considerably when DD had them for about $7-$8 per set not too long ago, and the prices have been down quite a bit since then, but has kind of evened out again lately, but yeah, they have certainly been much cheaper in the past. Great show regardless.

Is it certain that there will be a complete set of Steins Gate? I watched the first episode on funi's youtube page and loved it. $60 sounds good for the full set, but obviously if it's going to be cheaper down the road in a complete collection I can wait.
The only reasoning I have is that Funimation's done it for other series of theirs that were initially released in two separate sets (Sekirei, Sengoku Basara).

They've gone done in price considerably when DD had them for about $7-$8 per set not too long ago, and the prices have been down quite a bit since then, but has kind of evened out again lately, but yeah, they have certainly been much cheaper in the past. Great show regardless.
Hmmm, maybe I should wait then. I have seen the show and it is great, but I was just picking of the DVDs because that was the cheapest that I had seen them personally. Might be a super CAG and wait for a lower price.

Looks like the other seasons of Shakugan no Shana have had their prices lowered as well. Still a little too much for me, they need to release sets like the first season.  :twoguns:

Hmmm, maybe I should wait then. I have seen the show and it is great, but I was just picking of the DVDs because that was the cheapest that I had seen them personally. Might be a super CAG and wait for a lower price.
Well if you couldn't wait, they're a little less than $17 for each set on DeepDiscount right now too, so if you wanted to save a few bucks that's definitely another option. Not sure if they'll ever be that low again, but they have definitely been on sale quite a few times in the past 8 months, the lowest being during the DD sale, but they've appeared in other site's sales as well throughout for around $12, so if you want to wait it will probably get close to that price point some time again somewhere.

Just wanted to pass along to be careful ordering the Sekirei Complete Series DVD/BR combo from Amazon. 

Went through 2 copies and both of them were missing Season 1, Disc 1 of the BR & had an extra Season 1, Disc 2 DVD disc in it's holder.  Don't know if Funimation shipped a botched batch to Amazon or what.  Kinda hoping this 3rd copy will be from a different batch.

Yes. There will be a complete set eventually, barring a license revoking. Anime companies have been repackaging boxsets for over a decade now and it ain't stopping anytime soon.

I predict by Labor Day 2015 we'll get the Anime Classics version too.

Also, RightStuf's got Viz manga on sale if you still get printed manga.

Well if you couldn't wait, they're a little less than $17 for each set on DeepDiscount right now too, so if you wanted to save a few bucks that's definitely another option. Not sure if they'll ever be that low again, but they have definitely been on sale quite a few times in the past 8 months, the lowest being during the DD sale, but they've appeared in other site's sales as well throughout for around $12, so if you want to wait it will probably get close to that price point some time again somewhere.
Thanks for the input! I'll just go ahead and keep my order with Amazon. Yesterday was my birthday so they gave me a $5 off $25 or more purchase from them so they are basically $16 each. After skimming through a lot of things I think I'm just going to stick with picking up Death Note, since nothing else really peaked my interest.

Seems like they dropped the price on a lot of stuff I skimmed through today though. Best thing I saw is still probably the Shakugan BR LEs.

Just wanted to pass along to be careful ordering the Sekirei Complete Series DVD/BR combo from Amazon.

Went through 2 copies and both of them were missing Season 1, Disc 1 of the BR & had an extra Season 1, Disc 2 DVD disc in it's holder. Don't know if Funimation shipped a botched batch to Amazon or what. Kinda hoping this 3rd copy will be from a different batch.
It's probably a misprint problem. They had the exact same problem with their Baka & Test Season 2 set, so if you actually play the disc it might be the right disc, but just misprinted. Is the disc just printed as Disc 2 but on a blu disc, or is it actually printed on a DVD? And was one of the two Disc 2s printed a blu? Not sure if that's what going on, but I guess couldn't hurt to double check if you get another one like that again.

In any case not sure what's up with them and releases lately.

Went through 2 copies and both of them were missing Season 1, Disc 1 of the BR & had an extra Season 1, Disc 2 DVD disc in it's holder. Don't know if Funimation shipped a botched batch to Amazon or what. Kinda hoping this 3rd copy will be from a different batch.
nothing quite topped Birdy either season 1 or 2 cant remember but one of the discs on a pretty massive scale apparently was a season 4 disc of dbz lol imagine my surprise.

yes but its a show i cant see myself watching twice. once you know how it ends(poorly IMO) the show loses a lot of flair.

Yes. There will be a complete set eventually, barring a license revoking. Anime companies have been repackaging boxsets for over a decade now and it ain't stopping anytime soon.

I predict by Labor Day 2015 we'll get the Anime Classics version too.

Also, RightStuf's got Viz manga on sale if you still get printed manga.

Wow, I wish I'd known about that sale 2 days ago when I purchased 15 volumes of HxH from Amazon. Might be time to jump on the rest.

Looks like the other seasons of Shakugan no Shana have had their prices lowered as well. Still a little too much for me, they need to release sets like the first season. :twoguns:
I hope that Right Stuf would a bundle at the end of the year.

Both parts of Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar dropped to around $30.

bread's done
Back