Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
nana is amazing. i recommend it. story isnt your usual cheesiness anime is known for(i love me some anime but it does have it usual cheesiness its known for). the music is phenomenal as well really best music in anime period. the only problem is the manga is unfinished and the anime ends at the half way point of the manga.

i also never understood the love for eureka 7. its poorly told at best. and the primary love stories in the show are weird and inexplicably put together with all the effort a romantic comedy goes through which is to say 0 effort. then there is the weird gundam style fighting that is taking place in all of it. the main male child character is also unlikable as hell as well as the main female child character.
Agree, Nana is an excellent show. The writing is brilliant and the music ranks as one of the best. Even the dub was handled well. It's one of those anime series where you're intrigued to get to the next episode -- and every episode really offers something new to the characters and there's no shortage of plot development.

Similarly, I couldn't get into Eureka 7. I hated that series. I disliked the characters to no end. It's the exact opposite of Lagrange the Flower of Rin-ne. Eureka 7 has a somewhat interesting plot, but the characters suck. Whereas Lagrange has well-done, likable characters, but a horrible plot. And both have some of the most boring giant robot fights ever.

The cheapest copy on Amazon is $99.
Cheapest on Amazon new is 87.98 shipped. Cheapest used is also 87.98, both from GoHastings, kind of odd.

Nice! So it seems I did score picking up a copy at my local frys and I was seeing a bunch of ppl on amazon selling them from Japan are those more sought after than the U.S release?
I saw two of these at one of my local movie places for ~$32 used, but passed on them because I wasn't really interested in the series. I would assume that the Japanese release just cost a little extra due to having to import them. Don't think there is much of a difference, but then again what do I know? :drool:

Agree, Nana is an excellent show. The writing is brilliant and the music ranks as one of the best. Even the dub was handled well. It's one of those anime series where you're intrigued to get to the next episode -- and every episode really offers something new to the characters and there's no shortage of plot development.

Similarly, I couldn't get into Eureka 7. I hated that series. I disliked the characters to no end. It's the exact opposite of Lagrange the Flower of Rin-ne. Eureka 7 has a somewhat interesting plot, but the characters suck. Whereas Lagrange has well-done, likable characters, but a horrible plot. And both have some of the most boring giant robot fights ever.
ah yes i forgot about the excellent voice acting. that is true its a rare anime that hits everything out of the park....now if they would just animate the rest of it and finish it already. my only actual complaint is i am sure i lost man points for liking the show. one nice touch about that show is the entrance and ending song flow so as the show starts the entrance show flows into that sequence the ending show flows into the ending part as well. its beautifully done really.

never heard of Lagrange but the idea of well written characters in a bad overall plot sounds amusing enough. I really wouldnt know whether to hate or love such a show. honestly if Eureka 7 wasnt on adult swim during my time where i watched it so religiously every saturday that even the dog knew not to bug me until it was over(and they knew exactly when it ended) i never would have watched it lol. that and people swore the second season was better....dirty liars.

Not at him, but at Viz.

EDIT: Also, FYE has Black Blood Brothers and the Tsubasa S.A.V.E. sets for $10.
i figured as much. to be honest I have no idea how i discover new anime. although the only way i see it via ads is if its a shonen jump or funimation anime. which is odd as i have a ton of a non funi/shonen jump anime.

take Nana i randomly stumbled onto that like i do with all other animes i wish i knew how i do that though lol.

i figured as much. to be honest I have no idea how i discover new anime. although the only way i see it via ads is if its a shonen jump or funimation anime. which is odd as i have a ton of a non funi/shonen jump anime.

take Nana i randomly stumbled onto that like i do with all other animes i wish i knew how i do that though lol.
Neon Alley has been a great way to check out new anime. Their current line-up is fairly impressive.

A heads up, they seem to have alot of the anime that was in the bandai firesale back up for cheap (Not as many and not as cheap.)

Although there are a few LE's and a few that I dont think were discounted before. Can't find any complete series but theres alot of the Code Geass LE and .Hack Root volumes, as well as some other LE's that include a T Shirt.
Edit: It appear's that all of the Anime that was part of the fire sale is discounted again, they have since then sold out of a few (The Gurren Laggan box set everyone jumped on), but they still have plenty goodies left that are good filler, and look nice on a shelf (and for some, hey Free T Shirt.)
Some of the cheap LE's might be worth nabbing just for the off chance that once they are gone, the TiV will skyrocket. (Gurren Laggan has a TiV over $20 now)

A heads up, they seem to have alot of the anime that was in the bandai firesale back up for cheap (Not as many and not as cheap.)
Although there are a few LE's and a few that I dont think were discounted before. Can't find any complete series but theres alot of the Code Geass LE and .Hack Root volumes, as well as some other LE's that include a T Shirt.
Edit: It appear's that all of the Anime that was part of the fire sale is discounted again, they have since then sold out of a few (The Gurren Laggan box set everyone jumped on), but they still have plenty goodies left that are good filler, and look nice on a shelf (and for some, hey Free T Shirt.)
Some of the cheap LE's might be worth nabbing just for the off chance that once they are gone, the TiV will skyrocket. (Gurren Laggan has a TiV over $20 now)
I have found Volumes 1-7 of Hayate for less than $5 each with free shipping.

lol

Try Crunchyroll, kanye.
Only if you like subs. Personally, not a fan of Crunchyroll and not a fan of subs, with only very few exceptions. Thankfully it's 2013, and most dubs are now as well done as the original Japanese language tracks.

Only if you like subs. Personally, not a fan of Crunchyroll and not a fan of subs, with only very few exceptions. Thankfully it's 2013, and most dubs are now as well done as the original Japanese language tracks.
You have to pay for an account for dub-only shows that are aired solely on a schedule. That's great if you have nothing to do every day and are only interested in old anime, but some of us like a selection and don't have that much free time on our hands to plan our lives around an arbitrary airing schedule.

If anybody was interested,Section 23's Complete Gatchaman blu-ray set is up and ready for pre-order, and it's gone down a bit on Rightstuf,

Rightstuf $89.99

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/bj5dPbAilc5dw=Qb2n/browse/item/98780/4/0/0

Amazon $129.99

http://www.amazon.com/Gatchaman-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B00DPH7SZA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373312030&sr=8-1&keywords=gatchaman

Much cheaper than Amazon has it currently, but still cheaper than when Amazon had it for less when it first came up for pre-order.

You have to pay for an account for dub-only shows that are aired solely on a schedule. That's great if you have nothing to do every day and are only interested in old anime, but some of us like a selection and don't have that much free time on our hands to plan our lives around an arbitrary airing schedule.
While im not a fan of subs either. the other guy isnt completely right not all subs are great and it can be hard to tell if the anime is 2010 or later where the sub will be great or whether its 2000 where its more random. i do agree i would much rather watch subs on my schedule than watch it on a fixed schedule and have to pay for that. i certainly prefer dubs over subs. sucks you gotta pay for it when the others are free.

Manga App has a few decent shows on the 360 as well

lol

Try Crunchyroll, kanye.
I dont remember if i have that app or not although its anime so there is a chance i do

Neon Alley has been a great way to check out new anime. Their current line-up is fairly impressive.
I have that app on the 360. I may of looked at it a couple of times.

thanks guys.

Don't you have to pay for crunchyroll too? And I'd hardly consider Accel World, Fate/Zero, and Tiger & Bunny "old anime." When I think of old anime, I think Gatchaman, Lupin and the like.

Also, Neon Alley replays their stuff quite frequently. Seriously though, people are going to complain about shows "airing on a schedule"? Uh, if that 'format' didn't work people wouldn't ever pay for cable television which, oh, I don't know, "airs on a schedule." By that "logic" I guess people who pay for cable do nothing but sit home and watch television all day...

I know some of the stuff has a few used listings, but go with the new stuff if you can. Because AWD has been screwing up a lot lately with a lot of used stuff(it's showing in their feedback, which the positive percentage has dropped in the last month). It's mostly missing stuff from the listing, being in worse condition than listed or item is completely different from listing.

I know that from a couple I bought last month. Got a Queen's Blade set listed as "like new" and was scratched to hell. Also ordered Koihime Muso Complete Collection, but got Nyan Koi Complete Collection instead(even stickered as Koihime).

So go with the "new" listing if you can to avoid headaches.

Don't you have to pay for crunchyroll too?
You can if you want. But no, you don't have to. You just get simulcasts a week later, can't stream 720/1080p, and have to deal with a few commercials.

I watch anime by the season and have a job that doesn't let me take time off to watch a series just because it's airing at 2:30PM, so Neon Alley isn't a bargain for me.

Don't you have to pay for crunchyroll too? And I'd hardly consider Accel World, Fate/Zero, and Tiger & Bunny "old anime." When I think of old anime, I think Gatchaman, Lupin and the like.

Also, Neon Alley replays their stuff quite frequently. Seriously though, people are going to complain about shows "airing on a schedule"? Uh, if that 'format' didn't work people wouldn't ever pay for cable television which, oh, I don't know, "airs on a schedule." By that "logic" I guess people who pay for cable do nothing but sit home and watch television all day...
or people pay for cable like me and also have dvr so i can watch shows whenever i feel like it.

Link?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st?keywords=anime&qid=1373344808&rh=n%3A1267878011%2Ck%3Aanime&me=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&sort=price

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st?keywords=anime&qid=1373347462&rh=n%3A1267878011%2Ck%3Aanime&me=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&sort=price
Try there, the fire sale was on amazon warehouse deal, don't look at any that say (used), what you are looking for are the new ones that amazon has.
A highlight we can add to the OP under movies: http://www.amazon.com/Gundam-Seed-Destiny-TV-Movie/dp/B0017LGQKO/ref=sr_1_56?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1373347652&sr=1-56&keywords=anime Gundam Seed Destiny TV Movie (Only part 1 of 4) for $4.66, but it still is a full 90 minute movie that is remastered in HD yada yada and the box looks nice on a shelf.

Seems it's not just the used stuff that AWD is screwing up with.  Ordered My-Hime Vol. 1 & Gundam 00 S1, Part 1 SE over the weekend and were delivered today.

My-Hime arrived fine.  But instead of that Gundam 00 SE set, I got the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Vol. 4 LE stickered as Gundam 00 S1, Part 1 SE.   Amazon's CS told me to keep that, refunded me the money and re-ordered the Gundam 00 SE set with free overnight shipping.  So I'll know tomorrow if they screwed up and labeled all of those Haruhi Suzumiya  Vol. 4 LE's as Gundam 00 or not.

Kinda weird, as Warehouse Deals doesn't even have any Haruhi Suzumiya Vol. 4 LE's listed.

Also got my replacement for Sekirei Complete Series DVD/BR combo and everything was right with this one.  So I guess their warehouse in Hebron, KY is the one with the bad mismatched batch.

Seems it's not just the used stuff that AWD is screwing up with. Ordered My-Hime Vol. 1 & Gundam 00 S1, Part 1 SE over the weekend and were delivered today.

My-Hime arrived fine. But instead of that Gundam 00 SE set, I got the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Vol. 4 LE stickered as Gundam 00 S1, Part 1 SE. Amazon's CS told me to keep that, refunded me the money and re-ordered the Gundam 00 SE set with free overnight shipping. So I'll know tomorrow if they screwed up and labeled all of those Haruhi Suzumiya Vol. 4 LE's as Gundam 00 or not.

Kinda weird, as Warehouse Deals doesn't even have any Haruhi Suzumiya Vol. 4 LE's listed.

Also got my replacement for Sekirei Complete Series DVD/BR combo and everything was right with this one. So I guess their warehouse in Hebron, KY is the one with the bad mismatched batch.
Not a bad deal, though. You could get far worse than Haruhi Suzumiya. Please update if you find that they labeled all Gundam 00 as Haruhi, because I'm contemplating ordering S1, Part 1 myself.

Not a bad deal, though. You could get far worse than Haruhi Suzumiya. Please update if you find that they labeled all Gundam 00 as Haruhi, because I'm contemplating ordering S1, Part 1 myself.
Well, we snooze we lose, the prices have jumped back up again, seems to be a pattern.

Yeah, I'll probably hold onto it, since it has some nice stuff in the LE.

As for Gundam 00, UPS dropped off the replacement and this one is labeled correctly. So I guess that Haruhi Suzumiya one was just a honest mistake. Completely forgot that the S1, Part 1 SE came with 2 manga instead of just 1(Gundam 00 Vol. 1 & Gundam 00F).

But it looks like the price jumped $10. But I wanted to let you know, just in case it price drops again.

Yeah, I'll probably hold onto it, since it has some nice stuff in the LE.

As for Gundam 00, UPS dropped off the replacement and this one is labeled correctly. So I guess that Haruhi Suzumiya one was just a honest mistake. Completely forgot that the S1, Part 1 SE came with 2 manga instead of just 1(Gundam 00 Vol. 1 & Gundam 00F).

But it looks like the price jumped $10. But I wanted to let you know, just in case it price drops again.
Great, thanks! I did just spot that the price jumped back up. I'm hopeful that it might drop down again. I notice Amazon fluctuates their pricing often. If it does, it'll be an instant buy.

Just got my Soul Eater Complete Series (Blu) that I ordered a week or two ago from Amazon during that sale.  The weirdest thing and a first for me from Amazon, the dam thing was already opened....and missing a disc.  I contacted customer service and was first told that used stuff might come unshrinked wrapped but the missing disc was an oversight that should have been caught.  I then pointed out I didn't order it used I ordered it new.  Silence at first then the rep states in puzzlement how did that happen, my reply, "I like to know that as well. " 

Still gotten it straighten out all fine with no problem, but is it just me or is Amazon shipping be going downhill this year?

Just got my Soul Eater Complete Series (Blu) that I ordered a week or two ago from Amazon during that sale. The weirdest thing and a first for me from Amazon, the dam thing was already opened....and missing a disc. I contacted customer service and was first told that used stuff might come unshrinked wrapped but the missing disc was an oversight that should have been caught. I then pointed out I didn't order it used I ordered it new. Silence at first then the rep states in puzzlement how did that happen, my reply, "I like to know that as well. "

Still gotten it straighten out all fine with no problem, but is it just me or is Amazon shipping be going downhill this year?
Yeah, I've gotten moronic Amazon CS reps before(more than likely from their CS center in India) that didn't understand what the order was.

As for it being opened, makes me wonder wtf is going on in their warehouses. As that was more than likely a return that got processed wrong. As missing disc thing seems to be happening to their BR sets, wonder if it's something Amazon is doing or Funimation screwing up when packaging them?

BTW, where was the warehouse that the set came from? Kinda curious if it's from the same one as my mismatched Sekirei sets.

Just got my Soul Eater Complete Series (Blu) that I ordered a week or two ago from Amazon during that sale. The weirdest thing and a first for me from Amazon, the dam thing was already opened....and missing a disc. I contacted customer service and was first told that used stuff might come unshrinked wrapped but the missing disc was an oversight that should have been caught. I then pointed out I didn't order it used I ordered it new. Silence at first then the rep states in puzzlement how did that happen, my reply, "I like to know that as well. "

They do that sometimes there qc is slowly getting worse...

Wait, so are you complaining about the shipping, or the fact that it was missing a disc, or customer service was bad, or....moo?
Customer service was up to par as always for me once the rep understood that it was suppost to be a new item. The problem was how someone in packing could blantly mistake this was a new item where it clearly wasn't. That and the QC in packing dept. seems to be on downward slide. While this is only the second return this year I've had with them, I've received more than one package that was small for the contents just jammed filled to the brim, with no packing what so ever.

As for it being opened, makes me wonder wtf is going on in their warehouses. As that was more than likely a return that got processed wrong.

BTW, where was the warehouse that the set came from? Kinda curious if it's from the same one as my mismatched Sekirei sets.
Yeah thats what I think maybe happened. Lexington KY I think.

They do that sometimes there qc is slowly getting worse...
Yeah unfortunately. Their still a hell of lot better than Best Buy though.

Since I don't think it's been completely mentioned, here's a link to all the Funimation stuff on sale at Amazon(they're calling it a Comic-con sale):

http://astore.amazon.com/funimation_store-20

Trying to figure wtf happened with Cat Planet Cuties. The price jumped $25 when the sale started(was $33, now $58).

Yeah thats what I think maybe happened. Lexington KY I think.
Yeah, then it might a miscategorized return. Because all my returns go to that one facility to be processed.

Personally, I find it funnier that Steins:Gate Part 1 is on sale for $61. And that Eva 1.01 is more expensive than 1.11
if i had to guess i would think 1.11 sold more(as its on blu ray and looks absolutely stunning one of the best looking blu rays out there) so 1.01 has less copies around

thats just my guess.

bread's done
Back