* * * * - 3 votes

Gears of War 3 Epic Edition - $12.99 - Gamestop - YMMV

#91 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13612 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

Thanks OP! This is my story. I called a local Gamestop that I remembered had several of them in stock at first the clerk said "Yeah we have them. Let me check the price for you." I said, "No that's okay" because I know they tend to keep things for themselves. He didn't hear me and checked the price. Then he said, "Oh we don't have them I got confused we have Injustice." I said "how do you confuse GOW3 with Injustice?" Luckily I was 30 seconds away and as I entered I saw him bringing them down, they had 3. I saw him and said, "I thought you didn't have any?" He just stood there looking at me like a deer looking at headlights. He started making excuses by telling me "Oh they don't ring up so I am not allowed to sell them to you." I called BS and told him to ring one up so I could see for myself that they don't. When he scanned one the price came up $12.99. He said, "That's weird it wasn't working earlier."   :roll:  Yeah it wasn't working 30 seconds ago... He then told me my final price and I said "Oh I'm taking all 3." If you could see the look in his face. He was furious. I'm guessing he wanted them all to himself. So I'm keeping one, gave one to my brother, and gave one to my friend. I would normally only take one because I hate Hoarders but that clerk got me mad by trying to pull a fast one. Hope you enjoyed the story!

If you wanted to piss him off even more, you could have gone out to your car and removed the game from each one and went back and returned just the games keeping the statue and stuff. :P

#92 Chihuahua Dad   Patriots fanatic CAGiversary!   177 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Chihuahua Dad

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

Don't believe it. The employees either took everything home or they destroyed them/threw them away

EXACTLY.  They lie.

#93 Symphonix   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

Ugh, wanted one of these. Went to the Gamestop nearby that had 1 or 2 when they were $50, they didnt have anymore or so the guy said. If anyone gets any extra they want to sell, shoot me a PM please ;D

#94 mrarellano4   Toupée Chihuahua CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

mrarellano4

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

I couldn't find any after seaching even further out of my area I asked one employee if they could check in the back, and they refused to because they weren't in the system and gave me the same cookie cutter answer "They were all destroyed and converted to used copies, they were destroyed and given to various people" "Look on craigslist or amazon" etc. So I just decided to use my ebucks on ebay and buy one at $40. Got tired of searching and wasting gas. You guys that find these are really lucky.

#95 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11548 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

Ugh, wanted one of these. Went to the Gamestop nearby that had 1 or 2 when they were $50, they didnt have anymore or so the guy said. If anyone gets any extra they want to sell, shoot me a PM please ;D

It's still not bad at $50, if you haven't played the game before and the box is on good condition.

#96 thenutman69321  

thenutman69321

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

I plan on filling out the survey and believe me it will have nothing but negativity.

GS seems to actually read those things as well so definitely fill it out if you have a bad experience.  I've only filled one out once and they contacted me through email and asked me to describe the associate and everything so they could deal with him.

#97 vantheman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1274 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:49 AM

I think I got screwed over from getting one, but it's not a big deal as the box was pretty beat up and dusty. Brought it up to the counter and asked if he could ring it up. He said it rang up the $49.99 as stated on the sticker of the box, which I know is BS. Then left to do some other errands and came back, to see the box behind the counter where the employee was. I wasn't going to confront him about it as it wasn't worth my time to just get some generic response about why they can't sell it.

#98 abhinav   "Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!" CAGiversary!   3907 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:23 AM

Well I'm going hunting tomorrow I guess. I know everyone is asking but if anyone wants to sell me a copy I'd love one for my statue collection.

#99 Mospeada_21   Zombie Hunter \\*// CAGiversary!   2421 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Mospeada_21

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

I plan on filling out the survey and believe me it will have nothing but negativity.

good job, zombieking!!  great story.  TKO that fool!!

GameStop employees are pretty much the same as used car salespeople.  They have no ethics, so don't bother applying morale or any standards to them.  The good ones eventually leave on their own for much better opportunities.

#100 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1741 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Got me one.

I have a great friend that works at GS. Told him about this and asked him if he had one and get it for me.

He came home with this and I was jumping for joy as I have enjoying the game a lot and EE would be awesome.

My first huge collection piece.

Thank OP. Will keep my eye on other drops like this.

#101 sadboy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2815 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

Got me one.

I have a great friend that works at GS. Told him about this and asked him if he had one and get it for me.

He came home with this and I was jumping for joy as I have enjoying the game a lot and EE would be awesome.

My first huge collection piece.

Thank OP. Will keep my eye on other drops like this.

It'd be funny if you wrote: "It was worth it to see the look on his face."

#102 Wild Spyce   Sword with no Lord™ CAGiversary!   27 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Wild Spyce

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

Couldn't find one in my area. I don't care much for Gears of War myself, but it would've made a good Christmas present for a friend.

#103 abhinav   "Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!" CAGiversary!   3907 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:32 AM

I got a copy! Woo hoo! Thanks for the heads up OP & my fellow CAGs.

#104 Symphonix   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

I got a copy! Woo hoo! Thanks for the heads up OP & my fellow CAGs.

Gratz, except it was no accident. They do this all the time.

#105 dark_inchworm   Oyasuminasai CAGiversary!   1498 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

dark_inchworm

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

Tried calling the three stores within easy driving distance of me - no dice, and from what I gather none have had it for many months. Well, assuming they're being honest ;) And it sucks, since I've held off on buying any of the Gears games in the hopes I'd eventually get the CEs (though I have played through the first two).

The middle TN area used to be some sort of unsung holy grail for finding long-abandoned CEs in Gamestop stores, but now that GS clearances them out at prices that appeal to me, you can almost never find them even at or around launch.

#106 dominator   Boss CAGiversary!   1851 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:03 AM

Tried calling the three stores within easy driving distance of me - no dice, and from what I gather none have had it for many months. Well, assuming they're being honest ;) And it sucks, since I've held off on buying any of the Gears games in the hopes I'd eventually get the CEs (though I have played through the first two).

The middle TN area used to be some sort of unsung holy grail for finding long-abandoned CEs in Gamestop stores, but now that GS clearances them out at prices that appeal to me, you can almost never find them even at or around launch.

I more or less did the same thing and I managed to get lucky with Gears of War 2 CE, one gamestop had it traded in and it was in phenomenal condition with all codes still unused. I was very pleased to pick it up for 20 bucks and well now I have two epic editions of Gears of War 3. Unfortunately, I've never run into the CE of the first one.

#107 paayter   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   469 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

I think I got screwed over from getting one, but it's not a big deal as the box was pretty beat up and dusty. Brought it up to the counter and asked if he could ring it up. He said it rang up the $49.99 as stated on the sticker of the box, which I know is BS. Then left to do some other errands and came back, to see the box behind the counter where the employee was. I wasn't going to confront him about it as it wasn't worth my time to just get some generic response about why they can't sell it.

dude u should have said ok and paid for it with a credit card. there is no way he could squeeze cash from ur cc. and if in fact it was 50 then just return on the spot. i would have fucked with that employee

#108 myl0r   SKYRIM! CAGiversary!   2036 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

Heads up, TIV on amazon is $30.39. Too bad I locked my price in at $19 and chose the immediate payment option.

#109 Finch106   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   563 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

Was told by a store down the road that said they didn't have any in store, checked nearby locations and said "let me check...apparently we don't sell anymore." So bleh.

#110 Raider209   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Raider209

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

Thanks op picked one up been wanting this the statue is bad ass

#111 ger2396   CAGiversary! Validating   195 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:05 AM

Picked one up, thanks op.

#112 Johnnybeachboy   Need a CHEAP PS VITA CAGiversary!   1504 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Johnnybeachboy

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:22 AM

Could someone please sell or trade one to me?

#113 cjenvy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2006 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

was in  store that had said none over the phone  but found 2 and i now own them

#114 Finch106   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   563 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

If anyone wants to give me the statue I'd pay for it. I have the LE of the game and I'm just digging for a statue now.

#115 RaysGame   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   194 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:08 AM

If anyone still wants these amazon warehouse has Good -$27.01 & Like New- $31.17 . One of each left!

http://www.amazon.co...id=&seller=&sr=

#116 vantheman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1274 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:33 AM

If anyone still wants these amazon warehouse has Good -$27.01 & Like New- $31.17 . One of each left!

I would be surprised if those would contain everything. Worth a shot though however for those interested.

#117 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7566 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:50 AM

Thanks a lot RaysGame. I took a gamble on the Like New one. I appreciate you posting it here as well because I don't check the Warehouse deals thread often.

I bought a Like New Max Payne 3 CE from Warehouse Deals a while back and everything was completely mint. We'll see if I can manage to get lucky again.

I drove around to a few Gamestops looking for this when it dropped to $12.99. One of the employee's almost ridiculed me when I asked about it. I responded with "Well, I bought the Assassins Creed III Collector's edition" brand new at Gamestop a couple months ago for around $37.99 (+coupon) after they converted it.

The employee was like "Wow. $30? I paid over $100 for that thing!"

I've been working the past couple weekends trying to clear off some shelf space for these CE statues to collect dust, so this couldn't have come at a better time. Right now I have everything sitting in the original boxes stacked in a corner

#118 EarthBoundX5   Chef Jesus CAGiversary!   1726 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

EarthBoundX5

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

Sorry to bump a month+ old thread, but figured I'd let people know these are still out in the wild.  I just picked up one that has been sitting at a nearby gamestop for a while, hadn't noticed it before because it was on the floor being used as a shelf to show off all their stupid fancy hats and such.

#119 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4969 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

Sorry to bump a month+ old thread, but figured I'd let people know these are still out in the wild.  I just picked up one that has been sitting at a nearby gamestop for a while, hadn't noticed it before because it was on the floor being used as a shelf to show off all their stupid fancy hats and such.

fancy hats?  do some stores sell clothing merchandise?

#120 EarthBoundX5   Chef Jesus CAGiversary!   1726 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

EarthBoundX5

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:25 AM

fancy hats?  do some stores sell clothing merchandise?

Ya, those super awesome beanies everyone is rushing in to buy!  :lol: