Gears of War 3 Epic Edition - $12.99 - Gamestop - YMMV

salt_peanuts

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Looks like they marked the Epic edition (the one with the statue) down to the preowned price at Gamestop, $12.99.  Prob. YMMV since the stores prob mostly gut them, but my local store had 2 and I got one and the clerk she got the other one.  Apologize if old.

I apparently can't figure out how to paste a pic on this new board, haven't done it in a while...

Got me one.

I have a great friend that works at GS. Told him about this and asked him if he had one and get it for me.

He came home with this and I was jumping for joy as I have enjoying the game a lot and EE would be awesome.

My first huge collection piece.

Thank OP. Will keep my eye on other drops like this.

Got me one.

I have a great friend that works at GS. Told him about this and asked him if he had one and get it for me.

He came home with this and I was jumping for joy as I have enjoying the game a lot and EE would be awesome.

My first huge collection piece.

Thank OP. Will keep my eye on other drops like this.
It'd be funny if you wrote: "It was worth it to see the look on his face."

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't find one in my area. I don't care much for Gears of War myself, but it would've made a good Christmas present for a friend.

I got a copy! Woo hoo! Thanks for the heads up OP & my fellow CAGs. https://twitter.com/Onekumar/status/353978173458898944

Tried calling the three stores within easy driving distance of me - no dice, and from what I gather none have had it for many months. Well, assuming they're being honest ;) And it sucks, since I've held off on buying any of the Gears games in the hopes I'd eventually get the CEs (though I have played through the first two).

The middle TN area used to be some sort of unsung holy grail for finding long-abandoned CEs in Gamestop stores, but now that GS clearances them out at prices that appeal to me, you can almost never find them even at or around launch.

Tried calling the three stores within easy driving distance of me - no dice, and from what I gather none have had it for many months. Well, assuming they're being honest ;) And it sucks, since I've held off on buying any of the Gears games in the hopes I'd eventually get the CEs (though I have played through the first two).

The middle TN area used to be some sort of unsung holy grail for finding long-abandoned CEs in Gamestop stores, but now that GS clearances them out at prices that appeal to me, you can almost never find them even at or around launch.
I more or less did the same thing and I managed to get lucky with Gears of War 2 CE, one gamestop had it traded in and it was in phenomenal condition with all codes still unused. I was very pleased to pick it up for 20 bucks and well now I have two epic editions of Gears of War 3. Unfortunately, I've never run into the CE of the first one.

I think I got screwed over from getting one, but it's not a big deal as the box was pretty beat up and dusty. Brought it up to the counter and asked if he could ring it up. He said it rang up the $49.99 as stated on the sticker of the box, which I know is BS. Then left to do some other errands and came back, to see the box behind the counter where the employee was. I wasn't going to confront him about it as it wasn't worth my time to just get some generic response about why they can't sell it.
dude u should have said ok and paid for it with a credit card. there is no way he could squeeze cash from ur cc. and if in fact it was 50 then just return on the spot. i would have fucked with that employee

Was told by a store down the road that said they didn't have any in store, checked nearby locations and said "let me check...apparently we don't sell anymore." So bleh.

Thanks a lot RaysGame. I took a gamble on the Like New one. I appreciate you posting it here as well because I don't check the Warehouse deals thread often.

I bought a Like New Max Payne 3 CE from Warehouse Deals a while back and everything was completely mint. We'll see if I can manage to get lucky again.

I drove around to a few Gamestops looking for this when it dropped to $12.99. One of the employee's almost ridiculed me when I asked about it. I responded with "Well, I bought the Assassins Creed III Collector's edition" brand new at Gamestop a couple months ago for around $37.99 (+coupon) after they converted it.

The employee was like "Wow. $30? I paid over $100 for that thing!"

I've been working the past couple weekends trying to clear off some shelf space for these CE statues to collect dust, so this couldn't have come at a better time. Right now I have everything sitting in the original boxes stacked in a corner

Sorry to bump a month+ old thread, but figured I'd let people know these are still out in the wild.  I just picked up one that has been sitting at a nearby gamestop for a while, hadn't noticed it before because it was on the floor being used as a shelf to show off all their stupid fancy hats and such.

Sorry to bump a month+ old thread, but figured I'd let people know these are still out in the wild. I just picked up one that has been sitting at a nearby gamestop for a while, hadn't noticed it before because it was on the floor being used as a shelf to show off all their stupid fancy hats and such.
fancy hats? do some stores sell clothing merchandise?

bread's done
Back