3DS eShop Deals - 3/28: Natsume Sale/Resident Evil/Sega 3D Classics Sales, $10 EOU, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Here's your one-stop thread for all of the newest deals for 3DS eShop games.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET on the day listed.

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Some of the links below offer this.

On Sale

3D After Burner II - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Ecco the Dolphin - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Game Collection - $4.99 - 16% Off - Ends 3/31

3D Gunstar Heroes - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Outrun - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Space Harrier - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Streets of Rage - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Streets of Rage 2 - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Super Hang-On - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

4 Elements - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

A-Train 3D: City Simulator - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Aqua Moto Racing 3D - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? - $4.99 - 83% Off - Ends 4/18

Azada - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/30

Azure Striker Gunvolt - $9.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/1

Big Hero 6 Battle in the Bay - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/18

Brave Tank Hero - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Castle Conqueror Defender - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/4
Crazy Kangaroo - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Darts Up 3D - $0.99 - 67% Off - Ends 4/21

Disney Frozen: Olaf’s Quest - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/18

Epic Word Search Collection - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Escape From Zombie City - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 3/31

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl - $9.99 - 67% Off - Ends 4/4

Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: The Fafnir Knight - $39.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/4

Fantasy Pirates - $0.99 - 67% Off - Ends 4/7

Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove 3D - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove Mini - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Glory of Generals: The Pacific - $3.99 - 42% Off - Ends 3/31

Goosebumps: The Game - $19.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/18

Gotcha Racing - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Harvest Moon 3D: The Tale of Two Towns - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX - $29.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Hazumi - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Hidden Expedition Titanic - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

Hometown Story - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Japanese Rail Sim 3D Journey in Suburbs #1 - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 4/14

Jewel Quest 4 Heritage - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

Jewel Quest 6: The Sapphire Dragon - $4.99 - 16% Off - Ends 6/30

Johnny's Payday Panic - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

League of Heroes - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 48% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Luxor - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

Monster Shooter - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds - $4.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Owners of Mutant Mudds Only

Mystery Case Files Dire Grove - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

Mystery Case Files Ravenhearst - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

Mystery Case Files Return to Ravenhearst - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

Ninja Battle Heroes - $2.10 - 29% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31 - Cross Buy

Parking Star 3D - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Pick-A-Gem - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Pix3D - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Quell Reflect - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 3/31

Rage of the Gladiator - $2.99 - 57% Off - Ends 3/31

Reel Fishing 3D Paradise Mini - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Reel Fishing Paradise 3D - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D - $4.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Resident Evil Revelations - $4.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Runny Egg - $1.39 - 30% Off - Ends 3/31

Rytmik Ultimate - $9.99 - 44% Off - Ends 3/31

Secret Agent Files: Miami - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Secret Mysteries in New York - $2.99 - Ends 6/30

Smash Cat Heroes - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 3/31

Soccer Up 3D - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/21

Soccer Up Online - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

SpeedX 3D - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

SpeedX 3D Hyper Edition - $0.99 - 67% Off - Ends 3/31

SpongeBob HeroPants - $9.99 - 67% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $9.99 - 67% Off - Ends 3/30

Stella Glow - $39.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/4 

Toys vs Monsters - $0.99 - 75% Off - Ends 4/7

Van Helsing sniper Zx100 - $2.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/7

Yumi's Odd Odyssey - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cross Buy Games
Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99 - Opposing Platform's Code on Receipt
OlliOlli - $9.99
Woah Dave! - $4.99
Xeodrifter - $9.99

Last edited by a moderator:
MSF is a game about perfecting a level. If you don't enjoy playing the same level over and over, this game isn't for you. It was well worth $4 too me.

MSF is only about perfecting a level if you give a crap about the time attack. You suddenly throw a stopwatch on Mega Man and it's about "perfecting a level" to the same degree as MSF is. It's silly.

MSF is a decent but completely workmanlike platformer puzzler. For the price, you could do worse. A lot of people rave about it, though, because the 3DS eshop is a wasteland and MSF is decent.

No more than decent though. There's nothing all that clever here. Personally, it felt like something you just do to pass the time. Not a bad game, but completely and wholly forgettable.

In a sense, since everything is really simple, you could say the focus was on time attack, but this isn't Sonic. There's no sense of speed, nor is there really a since of supreme efficiency when you dispatch a room quickly. It just feels like they had no ambition or unique cleverness on the puzzles at all so they threw on a stopwatch and tried to trick people into thinking it was a time attack. Rabi Labi series did the same thing but at least those puzzles were ball bustingly hard.

It's also on the Wii U, though that version is on sale for $6.67.

The only real problem that I have with it is that they don't have a ton of levels, so they kind of just introduce and throw away mechanics pretty quickly and don't have any build-up to the end. Those mechanics are only reintroduced in that last level that's kind of a big, long "fuck You" since it's hard and quite a bit longer than every level leading up to it with its own new mechanic that changes up how you have to approach it. There's not much of a build up to that final level, so it's just a big wall right at the end. It's still a good game, but they don't really seem to believe in their ideas enough to flesh everything out as much as it maybe should be fleshed out.

Though I haven't played a ton of it, Mighty Flip Champs is basically the same sort of game with the major difference being that you're switching between dimensions to figure out how to get to the end of the level.

If you have a 3DS, you can get Mighty Switch Force on that for $3.99, which is the exact same game.

The only real problem that I have with it is that they don't have a ton of levels, so they kind of just introduce and throw away mechanics pretty quickly and don't have any build-up to the end. Those mechanics are only reintroduced in that last level that's kind of a big, long "fuck You" since it's hard and quite a bit longer than every level leading up to it with its own new mechanic that changes up how you have to approach it. There's not much of a build up to that final level, so it's just a big wall right at the end. It's still a good game, but they don't really seem to believe in their ideas enough to flesh everything out as much as it maybe should be fleshed out.

Though I haven't played a ton of it, Mighty Flip Champs is basically the same sort of game with the major difference being that you're switching between dimensions to figure out how to get to the end of the level.
Did they add levels to this game? If so, are you talking about after they added them? I know they did to Mutant Mudds & one other game on 3DS a while back. I was interested in this game, but I have every other 3DS eShop game worth a darn, and I don't have time to play them, so I'll probably pass if your description holds true, even after the added levels (if this is the case on MSF). Thanks!

Supposedly, five more levels were added in an update, but I haven't seen where to get them. I got up to the last level (16) of the Wii U version and there's nothing indicating that there are more levels in there.

Good gravy, I want to play Mighty Flip Champs just because that final level looks so monstrous and entertaining but the rest of the game is just so dull.

And it's a better concept and game than Mighty Switch Force by miles. And EVEN THEN it's just "walk here, flip, walk here, flip, walk here, flip, hit button, walk back, flip." (And to be honest, solidly half of that level is spent waiting, watching, or otherwise walking slowly to an obvious goal, with precious few CLEVER BYPASS hack tricks.)

The litmus test for a good puzzler is the ratio of time spent figuring it out vs. time spent actually walking around and doing a puzzle. If I have to watch my character grunt and groan as he pushes blocks all day, eat me. Even PoP:SoT doesn't escape my sneer for that.

MSF is only about perfecting a level if you give a crap about the time attack. You suddenly throw a stopwatch on Mega Man and it's about "perfecting a level" to the same degree as MSF is. It's silly.
The entire game is based around a par system though, sure you can enjoy the game without it but then you only have about a 30 min. game. There's just not much of a challenge without the time limits.

MSF is a decent but completely workmanlike platformer puzzler. For the price, you could do worse. A lot of people rave about it, though, because the 3DS eshop is a wasteland and MSF is decent.

No more than decent though. There's nothing all that clever here. Personally, it felt like something you just do to pass the time. Not a bad game, but completely and wholly forgettable.

In a sense, since everything is really simple, you could say the focus was on time attack, but this isn't Sonic. There's no sense of speed, nor is there really a since of supreme efficiency when you dispatch a room quickly. It just feels like they had no ambition or unique cleverness on the puzzles at all so they threw on a stopwatch and tried to trick people into thinking it was a time attack. Rabi Labi series did the same thing but at least those puzzles were ball bustingly hard.
Pretty much my thoughts on the game.

The entire game is based around a par system though, sure you can enjoy the game without it but then you only have about a 30 min. game. There's just not much of a challenge without the time limits.
Throwing on a stopwatch and strict par times does not make your game about par. That's longevity without any effort. There are no mechanics to support speedy play. No wealth of tricks to learn except for the rare puzzle bypass, ESPECIALLY rare in MSF. There's no sense of speed. Nothing in the game is designed to afford speed or even suggest it APART from that stopwatch. Puzzles don't offer any sort of speedy mechanics except "Memorize the exact sequence." and the exact sequences aren't even all that fun to go through mechanically. Hell, the average Mega Man game will have trickier screens than even the toughest puzzle in MSF.

Sometimes you just have a thirty minute game that the designers cynically tried to throw some longevity on. Absolutely nothing about MSF's design suggests going for speed was anything more than the same sort of afterthought the combat was.

Bit on MSF to zero out my eshop balance (my excuse to myself. Sad). Haven't played much yet, but seems alot closer to what someone said about Mega Man with time controls rather than being a game where one is forced to replay levels for best time (or suggesting that that is what the entire game is indicative of). It's there if you want to get top times, but that seems like an extra, imho (admittedly, the devs usually have that "time attack" mindset from the jump when creating games that incorporate this feature well, no doubt).

Thanks for posting these, Frisky. Much easier than going thru the eshop every Thursday when I have only limited time for gaming. Please continue this, if you have the time after all the other great work you do here (now removing lips from buttocks, lol). :bow:

Sometimes you just have a thirty minute game that the designers cynically tried to throw some longevity on. Absolutely nothing about MSF's design suggests going for speed was anything more than the same sort of afterthought the combat was.
I agree with that and it could very well be the case as you explained. I just didn't enjoy the game until I attempted the par times. The larger levels where you had to figure out the most effient order to tackel the puzzles was where the game shined.

So when you download a game it's associated with the machine, and you can switch machines 5 times? Is it saved to the SD card, and can you back it up off that, move it off and on the card? And can you download again? Sorry to go OT, having trouble finding answers.

There's an interesting 3DS eShop/Club Nintendo deal going on with Shim Megami Tensei IV and Fire Emblem: Awakening:

Shin Megami Tensei IV, the upcoming mature-themed role playing game from ATLUS for the Nintendo 3DS system, has a brand new limited-time offer for fans: players in the U.S. and Canada who purchase Shin Megami Tensei IV and Nintendo's hit turn-based strategy game Fire Emblem Awakening and register both games on their free Club Nintendo account will receive a $30 credit to use in the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS. The promotion begins on the release date of Shin Megami Tensei IV - July 16, 2013 - and runs through August 31. Both retail and digital purchases of either game are eligible for the offer, so long as both games are registered to the same Club Nintendo account by August 31, 2013. Specific details on the promotion can be found on the Club Nintendo website:http://club.nintendo.com/.

It's not listed in the sales section of the eShop.

Edit: Doing searches of Order Up and Planet Crashers shows that they're both on sale for $4.99, so I've added them to the OP. Nintendo needs to get their shit in order since nobody will buy them if you can't easily find them.

The new deals for this week:

American Mensa Academy - $3.99 - 60% Off - Permanent Price Drop?

Deer Drive Legends - $9.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop?

Fractured Soul - $7.99 - 33% Off - Ends 8/1

Puzzler Brain games - $4.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop?

Puzzler World 2013 - $9.99 - 33 % Off - Permanent Price Drop?

Puzzler World 2013 is a really great game.  If you enjoy pencil puzzles (crossword, sudoku, etc.) I highly recommend it.  It's got a huge amount of content, interesting and varied puzzles (including some I've never seen before) and a great interface.  It's easily worth full price, but at $10 it's a steal.

Puzzler World 2013 is a really great game. If you enjoy pencil puzzles (crossword, sudoku, etc.) I highly recommend it. It's got a huge amount of content, interesting and varied puzzles (including some I've never seen before) and a great interface. It's easily worth full price, but at $10 it's a steal.
bad thing is if you played one you played them all (even though i do own all of them) even the bugged puzzler world 2

bad thing is if you played one you played them all (even though i do own all of them) even the bugged puzzler world 2
While there's certainly quite a bit of overlap, each version added a few games. The new games are good ones, too, either original puzzles or at least challenging ones. The 2012 and 2013 versions also added Master Mode puzzles, which also helped fix the problem of the first two games' overly-easy puzzles. I'd say they're all worth owning.

Found another game that's on sale, but isn't listed in the sales section of the eShop:

Block Factory - $1.99 - 50% Off

The announcement press release for this doesn't mention an end date, but it did say that it started on 7/19 and the press release was sent out on 7/23.

It seems to be a puzzle game with a big part of the appeal being the creation of puzzle/modes that you can share with others via QR code, though I'll include the PR text so you get a good idea of what it is:

Enjoy Gaming ltd, a worldwide digital and European retail publisher, presents « Block Factory ». The game is the second Nintendo 3DS™ game following the successful title Pyramids, designated exclusively for the Nintendo eShop™.

Block Factory gives the player control of a falling block puzzle game factory and gives them free rein to use their creativity to build their own classical puzzle game or their own craziest one!

Recreate by yourself the most famous puzzle games, add new features and bloc forms or create complete new puzzles!

- 14 themes in 3D (some need Play Coins to be unlocked)
- 12 blocks types (some need Play Coins to be unlocked)
- 32 puzzle shapes
- 8 colours
- game rules …

Share your creations :
- Use QR Code or StreetPass™ to share your creations and unlock new items
- Import new puzzles QR Code images
- Export your puzzles and highest score as a QR Code and give it away

- Show off your best puzzles with your highest score on our Official Facebook page

New deals for this week:

101 Dinosaur Pets 3D - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/31

Art of Balance Touch! - $4.99 - 29% Off - Ends 8/31

Castlevania: Lords of Shadows: Mirror of Fate - $29.99 - 25% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Fun! Fun! Minigolf Touch! - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 8/31

Myst - $4.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Nano Assault EX - $6.99 - 53% Off - Ends 8/31

Wait, picross e finally got released here?!? I've been so caught up with fire emblem I haven't been paying attention. I use to search picross on esrb at least monthly just waiting for it

Myst has 1 review for 3DS, on metacritic, 22%. Probably better to avoid it.
I wonder if it received a 22% because it added nothing more to the original aside from the 3d aspect. This is a port of the original. Can anyone chime in if the original was worth a okay through. If so I might check this title out as I have never played the original.

I wonder if it received a 22% because it added nothing more to the original aside from the 3d aspect. This is a port of the original. Can anyone chime in if the original was worth a okay through. If so I might check this title out as I have never played the original.
I haven't played the 3DS version but from everything I've read online, this seems like a version to avoid. I've heard nothing but bad things abour it. The images are so low-res you can barely read the books (which is important in this game).

I would recommend just getting it on PC. It's pretty cheap on steam. Also I've heard the iOS versions are really good.

EscapeVektor will be on sale for half-off for two weeks starting on Thursday:

Nintendo 3DS:
The Americas, Europe, Australia & New Zealand - August 8th to August 22nd;

reduced from US$9.99 to US$4.99 / €10 to €5 / AUS$13 to AUS$6.50 / NZ$17 to NZ$8.50.

The new deals for this week:

escapeVektor - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/22

Riding Stables 3D: Rivals in the Saddle - $19.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Though none of this seems to be listed in the Sales section of the eShop, there seems to be some Atlus games on sale until 8/31:

Code of Princess - $19.99 - 33% Off - Ends 8/31

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan - $29.99 - 25% Off - Ends 8/31

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers - $29.99 - 25% Off - Ends 8/31

So for now, you have to search for these titles until they're added to the correct section of the eShop.

New deals for today:

Petz Fantasy 3D - $20.99 - 30% Off - Ends 8/27

Rabbids Travel in Time 3D - $20.99 - 30% Off - Ends 8/27

Rayman 3D - $20.99 - 30% Off - Ends 8/27

Rayman Origins - $20.99 - 30% Off - Ends 8/27

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars - $20.99 - 30% Off - Ends 8/27

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D - $20.99 - 30% Off - Ends 8/27

Not a very good sale since I know I got Ghost Recon for $13 at Target about two years ago when I got my 3DS.

Wow... yeah, almost all those games can be had physically for much cheaper.  I got Rayman 3D for 5 bucks, and Origins for about 7 at some point...

Thanks for updating though!  IDK why Nintendo doesn't advertise these sales/have an easy way to tell without getting out the 3DS and logging into the eshop (or am I missing something?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back