* * * * * 22 votes

3DS eShop Deals - 3/28: Natsume Sale/Resident Evil/Sega 3D Classics Sales, $10 EOU, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

3DS 3DS eShop Nintendo eShop Indies

#61 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69430 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

Nintendo's Twitter says that Bit.Trip Saga is supposed to be $4.99 until 9/15, but it's not at that price on the eShop yet. Let me know if you see it at the sale price at some point and I'll update the OP.

#62 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

I think I read somewhere that it drops to $4.99 on 9/2.  I could be entirely wrong about that, though.

#63 Rudybegga   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

I read that it drops on the 1st on Nintendo Life. That deal can't be beat, downloading the shit out of that one.

#64 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69430 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

Okay, the press release for the eShops says it begins on Sunday morning at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET:

BIT.TRIP SAGA – BIT.TRIP SAGA, the Nintendo 3DS game that morphs all six BIT.TRIP games into one, is on sale for a limited time starting Sept. 1. Experience the challenge of the rhythmic galaxies through the head of CommanderVideo, and ride along with him as he completes his mission and returns home. Download the game at a discounted price of $4.99 until 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 15.

#65 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

I bought it last time it was on sale ($12 or something?) and could not for the life of me figure out why people like it.  Is it because I never liked Atari very much?  Have to wonder if I'd love it if it were in 8-bit-style.  But it's not, and I don't get it.

Someone convince me to like it so I can get my $12 worth.

#66 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69430 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

Most people like Bit.Trip Runner, which is an awesome platformer that is built around the music and being difficult. The rest are just weird games that are a spin on other old styles of games.

I never played/liked the Atari 2600 games that I've played, so it's not that. Bit.Trip Runner is the most modern of the games in the bundle.

#67 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

I'm fiddling with Runner now after reading your post.  I've never gotten into the whole endless-running thing.  Kinda fun tho!

#68 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69430 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

Updated the OP to remove the expired games. Bit.Trip Saga for $4.99 should be going live in about two hours.

#69 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

Been enjoy Bit.Trip Saga now.  I must've just been cranky when I first played it.  It's certainly worth the $5, and I hope it sells!

#70 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69430 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

Bit.Trip Saga for $4.99 is now live.

#71 breakfuss   Malicious Baiter ♥ CAGiversary!   3269 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

Bit.Trip Saga for $4.99 is now live.

Do these run well on 3ds? I'll definitely get them if so.

#72 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

I've never played them on anything else, but yeah, they seem to.  They seem well suited to the platform, actually, particularly as a digital download collection.

#73 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5795 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

Do these run well on 3ds? I'll definitely get them if so.

Well worth the $4.99 and it plays good enough for me. I never played the Wii version of Bit Trip.

#74 breakfuss   Malicious Baiter ♥ CAGiversary!   3269 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

I've never played them on anything else, but yeah, they seem to.  They seem well suited to the platform, actually, particularly as a digital download collection.

Well worth the $4.99 and it plays good enough for me. I never played the Wii version of Bit Trip.

Awesome. Thanks, guys. Will be picking up.

#75 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69430 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

I believe playing the Bit.Trip games with 3D on may cause some small framerate issues, but I don't recall anything bad performance-wise from my time with the game.

I finally finished spending my $30 promo credit, which got me these games for free:

Attack of the Friday Monsters!

Bit.Trip Saga

Picross e2

SteamWorld Dig

#76 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2605 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

Are they the same bit trip games that are in the Bit Trip Complete collection on the Wii?

#77 Zimm108   That reminds me of prom night CAGiversary!   10983 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Are they the same bit trip games that are in the Bit Trip Complete collection on the Wii?

Same main games, yes. It doesn't contain the extra challenges or art/sound galleries or song remixes that the Wii collection does. But if you're just looking for the six main Bit.Trip games, you're golden.

#78 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2605 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

Ok thanks. I already have the Wii one so it looks like I'm good.

#79 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7212 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

Quick question - has anyone ever tried downloading onto a 3DS from a wi-fi hotspot? I never have a problem on my Vita, but I've never been able to do it on a 3DS. Any suggestions? I know stupid Nintendo set it up so you have to add the hotspot first.

#80 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Quick question - has anyone ever tried downloading onto a 3DS from a wi-fi hotspot? I never have a problem on my Vita, but I've never been able to do it on a 3DS. Any suggestions? I know stupid Nintendo set it up so you have to add the hotspot first.

Hm.  Yeah, I've done it both from Nintendo Zones (which you don't have to add) and from like, say, the wifi in a hotel.  Works fine.  Are you doing it somewhere shady or something? :P  I think it should be fine where ever, just, like you said, with the added annoyance of adding the router to your tiny little list of three.

#81 wasabi5858   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1502 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

Thanks, just purchased bit.trip saga.  Have the various bit trip games on various platform and have never played it. for a few bucks, why not on the 3DS!

#82 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7212 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

[quote name="Jesse_Dylan" post="11030455" timestamp="1378074905"]Hm.  Yeah, I've done it both from Nintendo Zones (which you don't have to add) and from like, say, the wifi in a hotel.  Works fine.  Are you doing it somewhere shady or something? :P  I think it should be fine where ever, just, like you said, with the added annoyance of adding the router to your tiny little list of three.[/quote

Thanks for responding. I want to use the $30 e-shop credit I got, but I'm probably the last person on the planet who doesn't have home Internet. I live in an old apartment building that isn't set up for broadband, and I mainly use my phone for online when I'm not at work. What the heck are Nintendo zones and where can they be found? I might have to Google it.

#83 wasabi5858   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1502 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

do your phone have hotspot ability?  

#84 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

[quote name="Jesse_Dylan" post="11030455" timestamp="1378074905"]Hm.  Yeah, I've done it both from Nintendo Zones (which you don't have to add) and from like, say, the wifi in a hotel.  Works fine.  Are you doing it somewhere shady or something? :P  I think it should be fine where ever, just, like you said, with the added annoyance of adding the router to your tiny little list of three.[/quote

Thanks for responding. I want to use the $30 e-shop credit I got, but I'm probably the last person on the planet who doesn't have home Internet. I live in an old apartment building that isn't set up for broadband, and I mainly use my phone for online when I'm not at work. What the heck are Nintendo zones and where can they be found? I might have to Google it.

Wow, I salute you!  Does this mean you're on your phone right now?

Nintendo Zones are a collaboration between AT&T and Nintendo.  Basically, places like Starbucks, Best Buy and McDonalds have (or are supposed to have) AT&T wi-fi hotspots.  The places are also Nintendo Zones.  But, that's really totally irrelevant.  All you need to know is that they are AT&T wifi hotspots that your 3DS can connect to immediately and easily.  

So, you could have an overpriced cup of coffee, relax, buy something, and let it download.  There is more to tell about Nintendo Zones, some of it useful/fun (Streetpass Relay) and some of it lame and markety.

What are you going to buy??  Don't buy anything cruddy!

#85 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4330 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

How is Zero Escape if you haven't played 999 yet? I've been tempted to pick it up for $25.

#86 johnnypark   Farewell My Viking! CAGiversary!   3391 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

Bit.Trip for $5 is a great deal! I almost bought the cart for $10, but the quick-play nature of it makes it a really good game to have installed, especially since it's got that arcade-vibe replayability.

#87 Blabadon   I just like video games CAGiversary!   2276 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

How is Zero Escape if you haven't played 999 yet? I've been tempted to pick it up for $25.

It is 100% picking up at that price (I'm tempted to buy it even though I have the physical and digital copy for my Vita). Just play 999 first, love it, then be happy you bought VLR for such a great price afterwards.

#88 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7212 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

Wow, I salute you!  Does this mean you're on your phone right now?

Nintendo Zones are a collaboration between AT&T and Nintendo.  Basically, places like Starbucks, Best Buy and McDonalds have (or are supposed to have) AT&T wi-fi hotspots.  The places are also Nintendo Zones.  But, that's really totally irrelevant.  All you need to know is that they are AT&T wifi hotspots that your 3DS can connect to immediately and easily.  

So, you could have an overpriced cup of coffee, relax, buy something, and let it download.  There is more to tell about Nintendo Zones, some of it useful/fun (Streetpass Relay) and some of it lame and markety.

What are you going to buy??  Don't buy anything cruddy!

Yeah, I'll try Starbucks. I actually enjoy their overpriced caramel frap. Mainly, I want Bit Trip. And in response to the other poster, I've got 3G on my phone.

#89 poketherice   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

poketherice

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:29 AM

I highly recommend Zero Escape. It's my second favorite game on the 3ds. While you can technically pick it up and play it without first playing 999, I'd recommend you play 999 first. Reason being that Zero's Escape has a few plot spoilers to 999. If you play Zero's Escape you (might) not be as mindblown if you decide to play 999.

That said, I really recommend you play both games. I loved 999 to death and spent lots and lots of hours trying to figure out the puzzles and the correct "path" to take to proceed the stories. Some might find 999 tedious though, because you may end up repeating the same paths again and again. 
For $25 dollars, I would definitely recommend you jump for Zero's Escape. The lowest I've ever seen it besides this price is 30 dollars for a physical. And I only saw it on sale once at that price.

#90 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

Okay, so I went to the eshop to purchase Zero Escape, despite the fact that I already have it on Vita, despite the fact that I think I'd prefer the Vita version.  I then chickened out.

My excuse is that I got the Vita version "free" through PS+.  That would be my justification for buying it on 3DS as well, that and this price.

But then I looked at my eshop balance, thought about all the stuff I wanna buy and all the stuff I'm gonna wanna buy in the next few months.  I also thought, well, I'm almost certainly going to play this on Vita...

Still almost bought it anyway, and still almost want to go back and buy it now.

Life is hard!