3 for $30 games orig. $14.99 - $19.99 at TRU

espeece23

CAGiversary!
Just stopped in my local toys r us and saw this. Didn't see it posted, got minecraft for xbox, tekken tag tourney 2 and lego batman 2 for ps3 for $31.80 with tax. Would post my receipt, but only second post.

Whoa, that's a super nice find. In fact, needing Minecraft and Lego Batman 2. Have to check that out. Thanks, OP!

I don't know if this is YMMV deal. I'm in the philly area and just called a second store that had same deal.

Thanks for the link.

Tax and shipping adds on about $10 for me, so it comes out to 3/$40. *sigh* I'll just wait. Amazon Prime + No tax is spoiling me. Great if Amazon jumped on the deal. :(

Was checking out Minecraft :360:, Lego Batman 2 :ps3: and Tank!TankTank! :wiiu:

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to look at the games to see what I might be interested in and these were the games I liked the most out of the over 500+:

Halo Wars - 360

Left 4 Dead - 360

Kingdom Hearts Re:coded - DS

Space Invaders Extreme 2 - DS

Heroes of Ruin - 3DS

Need for Speed: Most Wanted - Vita

Madden 13 - Vita

FIFA 13 - Vita

Dark Souls 

Battlefield 3

Max Payne 3

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Mass Effect 3

Lollipop Chainsaw

Syndicate

Thought it might be useful to other CAGs interested in this deal and are able to find the games in their area.

Decided to look at the games to see what I might be interested in and these were the games I liked the most out of the over 500+:

Kingdoms of Amalur:
Lollipop Chainsaw

Thought it might be useful to other CAGs interested in this deal and are able to find the games in their area.
Dammit. I don't need any more games right now but I've been wanting to pick those two up on the cheap again.

Can confirm this is nationwide - just left my local Toys R Us.

CAG's, do your homework beforehand - they are price matching with this deal. I walked out with Portal 2, Borderlands 2, and Paper Mario Sticker Star. I might even go back and pilfer again, depending upon selection.

If they are price matching, there are a lot of Wii U games that fall within that price range on amazon. 

If you're buying online, be aware that the site will only let you do three games at one time in a single order to price them at $10 each. In other words, you can't stack multiples of three in a single order. I got Soul Calibur V, Amalur and Minecraft but the website would not apply the discounts past the first three. I didn't mind since there isn't a TRU store near me.

Yah and every game I check instore is out of stock or not carried.. I think I might head down to my nearest store and see whats up but I don't want to be let down by them having like 5 games in the entire gaming shelf :/

For 3 other items it shows out of stock up to 50 miles... think thats an error or they really don't have a single game available in store?

Can confirm this is nationwide - just left my local Toys R Us.

CAG's, do your homework beforehand - they are price matching with this deal. I walked out with Portal 2, Borderlands 2, and Paper Mario Sticker Star. I might even go back and pilfer again, depending upon selection.
So basically it's any 3 games $19.99 or less ?

I thought it was only the ones listed on the website.

In for NFS:MW (WiiU), Dark Souls (PS3), and Sly:TIT (PS3). Thanks op, this is one heck of a deal. Can't beat $10 each for three great games.

Thanks OP! Sweet deal for some portable gaming. Funny how ShopRunner doesn't work for free shipping, yet once I went through checkout and paid for Standard shipping. They figured it would be nice to let me know that "Next time get FREE 2-Day Shipping from Toys "R" Us and other great retailers with your ShopRunner membership."

...Yeah fuck you too guys.

I remember something about price matching at TRU, that only certain stores offer that promotion.  Even on their Price Match Policy they have the small disclaimer that the program varies by store.  I remember some CAG posting that info a year ago, and that my local store did not participate in the program.

Just a heads up for CAGs trying to get it to work locally, I would call the store first to see if they offer the Price Match Guarantee.  Don't mention the specific match in this case, just ask in general if they offer the matching.

So basically it's any 3 games $19.99 or less ?

I thought it was only the ones listed on the website.
That's correct - any game marked 19.99 or less (whether price-matched or not) is fair game here. If you can find it on the shelves, you shouldn't have any problems so long as the price meets the promotion.

For 3 other items it shows out of stock up to 50 miles... think thats an error or they really don't have a single game available in store?
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. Don't really think it's possible but these local TRUs have been dead for years now.. If I'm in the area I'll take a look but not going to make the drive out for the inevitable disappointment.

Unit 13 for the Vita is 19.99 yet is not being seen as part of the deal.  On with Chat right now since the deal says ALL games 14.99 to 19.99.

Halo Wars - 360

Left 4 Dead - 360

Kingdom Hearts Re:coded - DS

Space Invaders Extreme 2 - DS

Heroes of Ruin - 3DS

Need for Speed: Most Wanted - Vita

Madden 13 - Vita

FIFA 13 - Vita

Dark Souls

Battlefield 3

Max Payne 3

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Mass Effect 3

Lollipop Chainsaw

Syndicate

Save your money on Syndicate. It's a horrible game. Another CAG and I tried playing it co-op and there were frequent disconnects, not to mention the game just seemed downright unpolished.

When you pricematch games down to $19.99, does the computer automatically total the 3 games down to $30?

If it requires a manual override, I think I might run into trouble pricematching down to $10 each after already pricematching down to $19.99.

I only want two games out of the list and they are not in stock at my stores :(
Do they still have free shipping w/ shoprunner?

These end-of-generation sales are going to kill me.  :p

Swung by my local store and managed to pick up:

Kingdoms of Amalur (ps3)

Super Paper Mario (wii)

Pikmin 2 (wii)

All were the last copies they had.  

bread's done
Back