Kingdom Hearts 1.5 LE still available!

Gamestop may be sold out on the LE preorder, but they have more LEs than they preordered for. If you preorder it now, you might still be able to get it. At least that's what an employee said to me today. Look carefully at this, for this is the only series I will ever preorder for.

Best Buy doesn't have the LE, right?

Last edited:
Is this thing actually limited, or will it be back in stock everywhere at 50% off by Christmas? What exactly is "limited" about this, just the book? Is there no difference in the game case or anything?

Is this thing actually limited, or will it be back in stock everywhere at 50% off by Christmas? What exactly is "limited" about this, just the book? Is there no difference in the game case or anything?
Actually, there is no game case. The artbook has a place where you put the game.

I think I read in another thread that it doesn't even have a case. Just a slip in the artbook that holds the disc.

It is just like the HITMAN HD collection packaging. Artbook with a little disc holder connected to it, which slides into a sleeve of sorts. I can confirm there are also basic non artbook regular plastic PS3 cases for sale (at least in North America).

It is just like the HITMAN HD collection packaging. Artbook with a little disc holder connected to it, which slides into a sleeve of sorts. I can confirm there are also basic non artbook regular plastic PS3 cases for sale (at least in North America).
Thanks for this. I don't like the Hitman HD packaging and will look for the normal case version.

Are you serious? You go out of your way to order a "limited edition," and the game packaging is worse than the normal edition? That's just stupid...

Is the artbook seriously the game case? I'd rather have a standard game case instead of a combo case that is a mini artbook. I might have to cancel my pre-order and wait for the normal version to drop in price.

From what I've seen, it's like a digibook that some blu-ray movies come in. The book is filled with whatever and at the back is a normal slot that the disc goes in. The whole thing then slides into a slip cover.

I work at Best Buy and saw them in the back and can confirm with the way it was packaged that this is true, was very disappointed with this when I got my collectors edition of Arkham City :(

But damn it, I want that art book. Will buy a empty case in the future like I did with Arkham City. Or spam mail Square Enix demanding a game case :p

Last edited by a moderator:
wow this bites i guess im only going to get one and not worry on trying to trade for a read artbook as it is the case.  this is really poor on squares end.  they KNOW they have a huge kingdom hearts fan base and they go and cheap out.  shame on them!!!!

I don't know why Square-Enix keeps doing this cheap stuff.  Looks like the FFX/X2 HD LE is going to have an art book that is also a game case too.  Just make a separate art book and a real game case.

Is anyone else sick of this "omg its so limited BUY IT NOW" nonsense? 99.999999% of the games labeled 'limited edition' are not in fact hard to find or rare. Limited just means they made a specific amount. Square-Enix could easily make 500,000 copies of this and still call it an LE because, well they made a specific limited amount.

I bought Shin Megami Tensei IV day one, full price, $50. That's extremely rare for me, I'd rather wait for a sale, but it was a 'limited edition' and had a $30 Nintendo shop credit off, so I bit. Plus gamestops around me only received preorder copies, none were on sale to the public. One month later they restocked the 'limited edition' and I still copies laying around at all stores.

I want this game, I do. But I'm not naive enough to think its rare.

Man I'm tempted to pre-order but I got a feeling it will be $20 sometime during the holidays. Plus I got a gang of RPGs in my backlog that I'm going through and I want GTA V.

Cancelled mine last week.  I don't care about art books so I'll wait for this to drop below $20 or show up on PS+.  

Is anyone else sick of this "omg its so limited BUY IT NOW" nonsense?
Once something sells out and is gone for good and is never sold for MSRP again, it's too late to say, "Oh ok, so I guess this really WAS limited."

That packaging looks great ... bunch of whiners in this thread ...
Yeah, digibooks are awesome. I've got the Alien Anthology, Blade Runner, Battle Royale Collection and Rocky Horror Picture Show digibooks and I love them. I'd much rather have this over the way SE packaged Tomb Raider and the artbook in a DVD sized slipcover.

And people are really calling this cheap? lol, if you want cheap just look at the aforementioned Tomb Raider slipcover. That thing screams cheap and lazy. It's not like the disc is in a paper sleeve at the back of the book, there's a proper disc tray there.

Found a video on YouTube of the UK LE. I assume this is also the same as the US LE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG-Y-bAz0sI
Thanks for posting this. Since it's a Digibook, that's not as bad as if it were just "a slot" like some older PC CDROMs or Music compilations (Halo 4 Limited Edition Soundtrack for example) had - that was my big concern.

Also, I was honestly expecting a cheap tiny "pamphlet" for an artbook. But it looks decent!

I pre ordered from Amazon way back, so it's already shipping today.

Man I'm tempted to pre-order but I got a feeling it will be $20 sometime during the holidays. Plus I got a gang of RPGs in my backlog that I'm going through and I want GTA V.
This. Too much of my fall wish list is an intensive RPG for me to play an HD remake.

Yep, I saw this yesterday, and grabbed it...yes it sucks that I have to wait a week...but its worth it instead of paying the ridiculous ebay prices.

For the price og the standard copy...LE is pretty good. Can't complain since the artbook itself is really nice. =)

Oh man.... I ordered the Limited on Amazon but somehow forgot about my Newegg pre-order!!! And they both shipped!  Damn!  I hope both are somehow the LE so I can make some money on eBay because NewEgg has no return policy!!

EDIT: Oh man, the packaging SUCKS.  I think I will keep the regular edition after seeing that video and sell the Limited.

Ordered... Amazon is OOS and I doubt they made that many. Usually SE games, and RPGs in general have limited stock, especially when the limited edition costs the same price as the regular edition.

Does Walmart usually package their items good? I'm worried it's delivered all beat up.

Damn, I'm surprised people are turned off by the way it's packaged. I watched the video...I think it looks great! Imagine how awesome it would be if every game came packaged like that? A gorgeous artbook that featured a proper disc tray and manual holder, as well as a beautiful slipcover that still features the box art. It'd be phenominal if this became standard packaging for all games. And it's not off-shaped like the batman LE artbook that held the game, so it will still fit in seamlessly on the shelf. I'm damn excited to play this game and I cant wait for my copy to arrive.

In comparison, think of the Last Story and Kirby Dream Collection. The artbooks are separate and there are normal cases. But most of us, myself included, still keep them all together in the main box on the shelf. This way, it will be much more seamless.

Cancelled mine last week. I don't care about art books so I'll wait for this to drop below $20 or show up on PS+.
It's pretty much never going to be on PS+. Not a single Kingdom Hearts (with the exception of the cell phone games) has been made available digitally.

No it doesn't. Rather be a "whiner" than be in denial.
Blu-Ray digibooks are nice, they are considered upgraded packaging in the blu-ray world. This looks like a digibook to me.

Better than a cheap pamphlet disguised as an artbook, better than a standard case. Not as good as a full-fledged artbook or premium edition, but for a $39.99 game that is just a remake I'm not sure what you would expect. I'd rather have this then a steelbook or tin-case which get damaged more easily.

edit: i also agree with the guy that likes the "convenience" factor. Whenever I get one of those cheap free "artbooks" it usually just gets tossed anyway, at least with the digibook it all stays together. I don't place any huge value on this though, so I'm not sure I'll pay the $39.99 or just wait for the game itself to be $19.99. But for collectors purposes it's kind of cool. If I was 50/50 before, this package probably makes me 60/40 that I may just go ahead and place my order tonight (or at least try to find one this week).

Damn, I'm surprised people are turned off by the way it's packaged. I watched the video...I think it looks great! Imagine how awesome it would be if every game came packaged like that? A gorgeous artbook that featured a proper disc tray and manual holder, as well as a beautiful slipcover that still features the box art. It'd be phenominal if this became standard packaging for all games. And it's not off-shaped like the batman LE artbook that held the game, so it will still fit in seamlessly on the shelf. I'm damn excited to play this game and I cant wait for my copy to arrive.

In comparison, think of the Last Story and Kirby Dream Collection. The artbooks are separate and there are normal cases. But most of us, myself included, still keep them all together in the main box on the shelf. This way, it will be much more seamless.
It's pretty much a digibook.. which is awesome in my opinion.

It's pretty much a digibook.. which is awesome in my opinion.
Yes I agree, I love the packaging. Im a big Blu Ray collector aswell, and anything like this should be swept up immediately. If you don't like the packaging I can understand, but its really damn nice. Like the Hitman HD Premium too. Arkham City was much different in that the art book didn't have a slipcover and the placement was awkward. With this release the art book is the star and actually makes sense, like a Digibook. (which it basically is for video games)

I also have the Castlevania LoS LE thats like this with the disc encased in an art book, its much thicker and also contains a soundtrack, but ooooh sooo nice!

sorry, this might sound like a stupid question. is dynamic theme just a baCkground?
It's a background, but it has some sort of "dynamic" element attached. Older ones use to have more effort applied, where as later ones are more of a gimmick. Case in point being the Greatness Awaits dynamic theme. They added some moving smoke in a corner and acted like it was super awesome. Anyway, all the backgrounds have something moving, but some are more subtile than others.

Herc - torch moves.

Pooh - leafs fall / bell moves.

Nightmare - ledge thing moves and some waves in the background.

Alice - Something minor. Too lazy to rewatch.

Aladdin - There is a barrel that bounces in the background.

bread's done
Back