* * * - - 9 votes

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 LE still available!

#1 dk drumin   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

dk drumin

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:37 AM

@ walmart with artbook!!! official CE thread does not have that listed my thread exclusive lol amazon and gamestop oos LAST DAY FOR PRE ORDER

http://www.walmart.c...on-PS3/24511234

card.pngsmiley25698.png?1384284591913

#2 tylerh1701   Clap it up, my Hammies CAGiversary!   24289 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:41 AM

"my thread exclusive lol amazon and gamestop oos"

What?  God there's way too many worthless threads on CAG.

tylerh1701.png hazgm2d.png

Senior Editor at Inverted Access! Check out our Twitch Channel!

#3 etcrane   One Star for a Reason CAGiversary!   4540 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

Brought to you by Short Round ...

#4 Guest_KuroPansa_*

Guest_KuroPansa_*

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

Gamestop may be sold out on the LE preorder, but they have more LEs than they preordered for. If you preorder it now, you might still be able to get it. At least that's what an employee said to me today. Look carefully at this, for this is the only series I will ever preorder for.

Best Buy doesn't have the LE, right?

#5 PetersHere   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2208 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

Is this thing actually limited, or will it be back in stock everywhere at 50% off by Christmas? What exactly is "limited" about this, just the book? Is there no difference in the game case or anything?

#6 Guest_KuroPansa_*

Guest_KuroPansa_*

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

Is this thing actually limited, or will it be back in stock everywhere at 50% off by Christmas? What exactly is "limited" about this, just the book? Is there no difference in the game case or anything?

Actually, there is no game case. The artbook has a place where you put the game.

#7 Deidara   Art is an Explosion! Trading Ban   2750 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

I think I read in another thread that it doesn't even have a case. Just a slip in the artbook that holds the disc.

#8 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   1811 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

I think I just shat myself.

#9 ibuki  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

It is just like the HITMAN HD collection packaging. Artbook with a little disc holder connected to it, which slides into a sleeve of sorts. I can confirm there are also basic non artbook regular plastic PS3 cases for sale (at least in North America).

sigmasen.png

#10 AceDegenerate   Ace Degenerate CAGiversary!   191 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

AceDegenerate

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

FYI it's also still available for preorder at most Best Buys. I was able to preorder mine just the other day there.

#11 Lucian   Officer Friendly CAGiversary!   1339 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

It is just like the HITMAN HD collection packaging. Artbook with a little disc holder connected to it, which slides into a sleeve of sorts. I can confirm there are also basic non artbook regular plastic PS3 cases for sale (at least in North America).

Thanks for this.  I don't like the Hitman HD packaging and will look for the normal case version.

Posted Image

#12 PetersHere   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2208 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

Are you serious? You go out of your way to order a "limited edition," and the game packaging is worse than the normal edition? That's just stupid...

#13 omyard   dreaming neon black CAGiversary!   819 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

Is the artbook seriously the game case? I'd rather have a standard game case instead of a combo case that is a mini artbook. I might have to cancel my pre-order and wait for the normal version to drop in price.

#14 leichstein   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   203 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

leichstein

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

From what I've seen, it's like a digibook that some blu-ray movies come in. The book is filled with whatever and at the back is a normal slot that the disc goes in. The whole thing then slides into a slip cover.

#15 kamiyan89   Colombian CAG CAGiversary!   168 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

cancelled my order thanks for telling me that, that's just stupid.

#16 thereefernander   CAG Best Buy Employee CAGiversary!   1491 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

thereefernander

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

I work at Best Buy and saw them in the back and can confirm with the way it was packaged that this is true, was very disappointed with this when I got my collectors edition of Arkham City :(

But damn it, I want that art book. Will buy a empty case in the future like I did with Arkham City. Or spam mail Square Enix demanding a game case :P

htv6oenzsznakco9zuqt.png
Signature created by Audacious.
616464.png

#17 TaylorM06   #CAG4EVAR CAGiversary!   1328 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

TaylorM06

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

Just pre ordered one from BBY. so they're still available there

<p>194619.png

#18 gauu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   864 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

wow this bites i guess im only going to get one and not worry on trying to trade for a read artbook as it is the case.  this is really poor on squares end.  they KNOW they have a huge kingdom hearts fan base and they go and cheap out.  shame on them!!!!

#19 omyard   dreaming neon black CAGiversary!   819 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

From what I've seen, it's like a digibook that some blu-ray movies come in. The book is filled with whatever and at the back is a normal slot that the disc goes in. The whole thing then slides into a slip cover.

Found a video on YouTube of the UK LE. I assume this is also the same as the US LE.

https://www.youtube....h?v=zG-Y-bAz0sI

#20 kamiyan89   Colombian CAG CAGiversary!   168 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

cant deny the artbook is pretty, but still wouldn't have bought it like that.

#21 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10071 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

Pretty much Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Digibook version ;)  It's not worth $40 i waits till it drop down $20 or less :)

"Evil is Funs"

#22 Ionotropic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1810 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

I don't know why Square-Enix keeps doing this cheap stuff.  Looks like the FFX/X2 HD LE is going to have an art book that is also a game case too.  Just make a separate art book and a real game case.

#23 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3196 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Is anyone else sick of this "omg its so limited BUY IT NOW" nonsense? 99.999999% of the games labeled 'limited edition' are not in fact hard to find or rare. Limited just means they made a specific amount. Square-Enix could easily make 500,000 copies of this and still call it an LE because, well they made a specific limited amount.

I bought Shin Megami Tensei IV day one, full price, $50. That's extremely rare for me, I'd rather wait for a sale, but it was a 'limited edition' and had a $30 Nintendo shop credit off, so I bit. Plus gamestops around me only received preorder copies, none were on sale to the public. One month later they restocked the 'limited edition' and I still copies laying around at all stores.

I want this game, I do. But I'm not naive enough to think its rare.

#24 groundskeeper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1432 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

groundskeeper

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

FYI it's also still available for preorder at most Best Buys. I was able to preorder mine just the other day there.

Me to.  Ordered kine just today in fact.  Almost forgot.

CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#25 etcrane   One Star for a Reason CAGiversary!   4540 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

That packaging looks great ... bunch of whiners in this thread ...

#26 Guest_KuroPansa_*

Guest_KuroPansa_*

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

That packaging looks great ... bunch of whiners in this thread ...

No it doesn't. Rather be a "whiner" than be in denial.

#27 sherlock2g   TURN UP! CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

sherlock2g

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

Man I'm tempted to pre-order but I got a feeling it will be $20 sometime during the holidays. Plus I got a gang of RPGs in my backlog that I'm going through and I want GTA V.

robsAgeek.png

#28 Le Dude   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

Found a video on YouTube of the UK LE. I assume this is also the same as the US LE.

https://www.youtube....h?v=zG-Y-bAz0sI

I actually don't mind/kind of enjoy the packaging. Not sure why everyone's turned off by it. Sure i'd still probably prefer to have the art book and game case separate but I enjoy the slip case. I'll be picking this up along with Puppeteer. 

#29 mitch079   Slaving away at Vandelay Industries. CAGiversary!   9028 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

mitch079

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

Cancelled mine last week.  I don't care about art books so I'll wait for this to drop below $20 or show up on PS+.  

mmitch079.jpgmmitch079.png

#30 cakefoo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

Is anyone else sick of this "omg its so limited BUY IT NOW" nonsense?

Once something sells out and is gone for good and is never sold for MSRP again, it's too late to say, "Oh ok, so I guess this really WAS limited."