Kingdom Hearts 1.5 LE still available!

Pre ordered at my best buy 4 weeks ago and I picked it up today and they gave me the normal copy. My store didn't get a single copy of the limited edition. Called and the lady is overnighting me a copy of the limited edition and she forgot to give me a return label for the copy I have...... So I guess free kingdom of hearts? Turns out their system was down so she just reduced my order by 40 dollars instead of doing a re shipment which usually requires the return label.

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost didn't get a limited edition. Turns out, (as told by my GS emp) they stopped pre-orders on the limited back in march, I was a may preorder, but after saying that the artbook was a reason (and being the first one to pick up today. I got one

The amount of money you could save by just waiting for when the "limited" release is selling for 50% off a few months later is enough to pay for the rare exceptions where something is actually hard to find.
You're assuming that people just preorder every LE and leave it to chance. Threads like these help prevent people from making poor investments. Anyone who's followed more than a couple limited edition releases should have half a brain.

My local best buys have numerous copies. So for the member who proclaimed "omg so rare buy it now!!!!1111".... Stfu.
I just got this at Gamestop. I didn't preorder, but they had 3 extras so I got one. I went to bestbuy to kill some time before meeting up with my GF and bestbuy had 0 LE and 20+ regular edition.

Target never offered the dynamic code...it was supposed to be Amazon and Gamestop only...but watching the youtube unboxing, it seems there is a slip with a code on it.  So I was assuming that was the code for the theme.  Have you opened yours yet?
bestbuy also offers the dynamic theme

Did they share the same SKU?
most likely same sku (not sure about upc). keep in mind, different upcs are often consolidated into one BB sku like Tomb Raider BB exclusive.

The only time I recall there being different BB skus for the "same" priced game version were for BF3 LE and just BF3. Also Darksiders II LE, BB LE, and regular but that is a completely different issue.

What is a digibook? Does that mean the artbook is digital like the instruction manual?
No. It just means the case itself is in the form of a book. Albeit a very small book (in the case of movies it is basically like a tiny hardcover book, with about 20-30 pages, and then a spot for the movie).

It's nothing particularly amazing. But in an era where blu-rays (and now many games) come with absolutely no notes or background on the film at all, a digibook with 20-30 pages is a nice upgrade over a generic "eco-case".

Basically just think of it as an small artbook that is permanently attached to the case, rather than bundled loose.

You're assuming that people just preorder every LE and leave it to chance. Threads like these help prevent people from making poor investments. Anyone who's followed more than a couple limited edition releases should have half a brain.
Yup. Though historically you can usually get some bang for your buck. Like MK / Injustice costumes being sold for 40+, Home preorder costumes were worth 60 at one point, Cyber Ninja DLC was selling for $6 - $20 on ebay, even things like those tiny Kyurem figures were / are selling for more than the game itself is actually worth.

The amount of money you could save by just waiting for when the "limited" release is selling for 50% off a few months later is enough to pay for the rare exceptions where something is actually hard to find.
How many times has this actually rung true though? While you might save money on the MSRP, you can also lose money a number of different ways.

Take the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix LE, since this is the current topic.

Option 1:

Preorder the game and get the Limited Edition and Dynamic Theme for $39.99.

Option 2:

Find a copy on release, possibly have to call several stores, get the game for the same $39.99.

Option 3:

Don't buy a copy of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix (I assume many preorder because they love the games) and wait for the price to drop. This could be a week, a month, 2 months, 6 months, a year... it will drop 100%, but no clue as to when or how much. Unless this happens fast, then the number of Limited Editions in the wild will continue to dwindle and could result in you missing out. Even when it does in fact drop in price, there is no word as to where you can still find one, if they will match or have the deal and how much time you might need to spend doing this. So while you do in fact save X dollars waiting for it to drop in price, you lose Y dollars in resale / trade value, possible gas to find said item, the ability to get the sale price and ultimately getting one in good condition.

Long story short... ignore the people that want to place a dollar sign on everything. Rarity has little to nothing to do with how valuable something is and the only real limit is what people are willing to pay. Don't believe me? Well people were still easily finding Black Ops 1 Pres editions for MSRP long after the release, yet the DLC was selling for roughly as much as the collectors edition alone. Yes! People were at one point paying $100 dollars for that stupid map pack, even though you can easily find that stuff long after release. Also not that it matters, but things can constantly and unexpectedly change.

Back before Dragon's Crown released I was saying the artbook would be common because every GameStop had 5+ (even with 1 preorder). The game came out and MANY Cag's did not get the art book at the time of their preorders at GameStop, no one seemed to get them from BestBuy (was that ever made good?), no one got them from NewEgg and Amazon was (maybe still is) the only one with stock after release. So while it might look common now... all it takes is the right events to happen for it to become valuable or "rare".

going to pick this up in a few hours, just wanted to check on something. Flipping through the last page or two it seems you get a little digipack for this with the artbook built in? Is that it? I seem to recall the pre-order thing saying you get an exclusive artbook. Should i be receiving a separate artbook or is the book just included in the packaging? I got this at Gamestop btw. I want to make sure because the one i preordered at has a history of screwing people outa pre order junk.

i jus want to make sure i get the stuff i should have gotten. Is there a seperate book or is everything in the LE package. Also im assuming the theme code is on the receipt as usual?

going to pick this up in a few hours, just wanted to check on something. Flipping through the last page or two it seems you get a little digipack for this with the artbook built in? Is that it? I seem to recall the pre-order thing saying you get an exclusive artbook. Should i be receiving a separate artbook or is the book just included in the packaging? I got this at Gamestop btw. I want to make sure because the one i preordered at has a history of screwing people outa pre order junk.

i jus want to make sure i get the stuff i should have gotten. Is there a seperate book or is everything in the LE package. Also im assuming the theme code is on the receipt as usual?
While I have no clue why this needs to be stated... the digibook is the artbook and the artbook is the digibook.

everything is in the le package, no separate artbook/

Yup. Though historically you can usually get some bang for your buck. Like MK / Injustice costumes being sold for 40+, Home preorder costumes were worth 60 at one point, Cyber Ninja DLC was selling for $6 - $20 on ebay, even things like those tiny Kyurem figures were / are selling for more than the game itself is actually worth. 

How many times has this actually rung true though? While you might save money on the MSRP, you can also lose money a number of different ways. 

Take the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix LE, since this is the current topic. 

Option 1:

Preorder the game and get the Limited Edition and Dynamic Theme for $39.99. 

Option 2: 

Find a copy on release, possibly have to call several stores, get the game for the same $39.99.

Option 3:

Don't buy a copy of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix (I assume many preorder because they love the games) and wait for the price to drop. This could be a week, a month, 2 months, 6 months, a year... it will drop 100%, but no clue as to when or how much. Unless this happens fast, then the number of Limited Editions in the wild will continue to dwindle and could result in you missing out. Even when it does in fact drop in price, there is no word as to where you can still find one, if they will match or have the deal and how much time you might need to spend doing this. So while you do in fact save X dollars waiting for it to drop in price, you lose Y dollars in resale / trade value, possible gas to find said item, the ability to get the sale price and ultimately getting one in good condition. 

Long story short... ignore the people that want to place a dollar sign on everything. Rarity has little to nothing to do with how valuable something is and the only real limit is what people are willing to pay. Don't believe me? Well people were still easily finding Black Ops 1 Pres editions for MSRP long after the release, yet the DLC was selling for roughly as much as the collectors edition alone. Yes! People were at one point paying $100 dollars for that stupid map pack, even though you can easily find that stuff long after release. Also not that it matters, but things can constantly and unexpectedly change.

Back before Dragon's Crown released I was saying the artbook would be common because every GameStop had 5+ (even with 1 preorder). The game came out and MANY Cag's did not get the art book at the time of their preorders at GameStop, no one seemed to get them from BestBuy (was that ever made good?), no one got them from NewEgg and Amazon was (maybe still is) the only one with stock after release. So while it might look common now... all it takes is the right events to happen for it to become valuable or "rare".
in a way, the dragons crown artbook is rare, not even amazon is carrying it anymore

I didn't realize they did the book instead of standard packaging. I'll see what it looks like and I'll sell or return it and get the standard.

With people arguing about the potential rarity of the LE, I think it will end up being fairly hard to find. If what is out on the shelves today is it, I don't expect them to last long.

And back to the Dynamic Theme. Can anyone confirm that the Target pre-order did not include the theme? Because I recall the official press release from Sony said nothing about that, only that the pre-order bonuses were available at Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. There is no code inside my copy or on my receipt, so I am not sure.

With people arguing about the potential rarity of the LE, I think it will end up being fairly hard to find. If what is out on the shelves today is it, I don't expect them to last long.

And back to the Dynamic Theme. Can anyone confirm that the Target pre-order did not include the theme? Because I recall the official press release from Sony said nothing about that, only that the pre-order bonuses were available at Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. There is no code inside my copy or on my receipt, so I am not sure.
Tip: Never trust a press release to say anything helpful in terms of preorders. Like the artbook was a limited edition "preorder" item, yet it turned out to be a first print edition. They also tend to imply X retailer might have preorder items, but the reality is that they don't always get them. So long story short... you're most likely out of luck. Especially since I've never heard of Target giving many (or really any that weren't packed in) preorder codes.

I regret ordering this now. Best buys shipping is horrible. They shipped it on the 9th, I was excited, but then I check my tracking number today and it isn't estimated for delivery until monday! 9/16!  What the hell! And knowing how best buy packages orders this isn't gonna be pretty.

Hopefully I can do returns in store from an online order because Im sure this will be beat to shit after over a week of UPS transport.

I regret ordering this now. Best buys shipping is horrible. They shipped it on the 9th, I was excited, but then I check my tracking number today and it isn't estimated for delivery until monday! 9/16! What the hell! And knowing how best buy packages orders this isn't gonna be pretty.

Hopefully I can do returns in store from an online order because Im sure this will be beat to shit after over a week of UPS transport.
Just buy it locally and return the online copy with the store receipt.

Well Mine shipped on the 6th and I should have it today.  BB always does that UPS to USPS shipping method that takes forever.  I was on the fence about this, if it comes in good I'll probably keep otherwise it is a quick return...

Well Mine shipped on the 6th and I should have it today. BB always does that UPS to USPS shipping method that takes forever. I was on the fence about this, if it comes in good I'll probably keep otherwise it is a quick return...
I ordered from Amazon and have Prime with Release Day shipping and it looks like mine isn't going to arrive today either. Guess I need to contact Customer Service. Just thought I'd mention that since Amazon is also going to arrive after it should.

I ordered from Amazon and have Prime with Release Day shipping and it looks like mine isn't going to arrive today either. Guess I need to contact Customer Service. Just thought I'd mention that since Amazon is also going to arrive after it should.
Contact them after you receive it, just in case your copy arrives flatten, like mine did.

Got the last limited edition at my best buy. Luckily there was a guy who was actually checking to see you if you ordered the limited edition or not since people were throwing hissy fits.

If your name is Jose and you pre-ordered at the Best Buy on Sepluveda in CA... you're welcome. ;)

The customer service reps were going to give me your L.E. copy since they only had five and they didn't even set my pre-order aside, but I decide to just settle with the regular edition instead of taking your copy. After watching the unboxing video, I'm kinda glad I didn't take it since I'd much rather have an artbook that's seperate from the game case. So, yes... you should be very thankful, Jose.

By the way, the code for the dynamic theme was printed on the receipt and also emailed to the account tied to my RZ membership after I picked up my copy.

If your name is Jose and you pre-ordered at the Best Buy on Sepluveda in CA... you're welcome. ;)

The customer service reps were going to give me your L.E. copy since they only had five and they didn't even set my pre-order aside, but I decide to just settle with the regular edition instead of taking your copy. After watching the unboxing video, I'm kinda glad I didn't take it since I'd much rather have an artbook that's seperate from the game case. So, yes... you should be very thankful, Jose.

By the way, the code for the dynamic theme was printed on the receipt and also emailed to the account tied to my RZ membership after I picked up my copy.
so you ended up with the game in regular case, and no artbook at all. nice.

I would say your best bet is at Target. Mine had 10+ and all were LE copies which is surprising given that I live in a small market. Best Buy, Walmart, GS didn't have any available as of a few hours ago.

Just buy it locally and return the online copy with the store receipt.
This guy knows the tricks of the trade.

I always preorder 2 copies for limited editions like these (ex: Kingdom Hearts, Killer is Dead, Final Fantasy X/X-2 etc). I think it's a good insurance policy so that A.) I do in fact receive my copy since I preordered it and B.) I can return the one in lesser condition to the store (i.e. if shipping smashed a box, etc)

I almost didn't get a limited edition. Turns out, (as told by my GS emp) they stopped pre-orders on the limited back in march, I was a may preorder, but after saying that the artbook was a reason (and being the first one to pick up today. I got one
Hmm that seems odd. I coulda sworn that the LE was announced in May.... kinda sketchy for them to do it that way if so.

The GS I had it pre ordered at was just handing the LE out randomly even to the non preorders. I expected that much from them tho and tried to get there asap.

Bestbuy screwed customers over big time with this. They have no Limited Edition copies and used the same SKYU for both the standard and limited versions. Now tons of people are calling in outrage to complain and they're telling us to call the manufacturer and see if they will upgrade us to the limited edition. WTF is going on?

Got the last limited edition at my best buy. Luckily there was a guy who was actually checking to see you if you ordered the limited edition or not since people were throwing hissy fits.

Speaking of this, it's because best buy is LYING and FALSE ADVERTISING the LE. The site states you're ordering the LE but if you go to the store they share the same SKU. You can buy online for store pickup, but if you went to my local store, not one of the 11 copies they received were of the LE, so you're getting an entirely different product from what you ordered.

BESTBUY screwed up the SKU. They're giving a $10 credit if you complain. They also tell you to call square enix to ask for the art book. Square enix can't help. They say to go back to BESTBUY or try digital river which is the store that sells their products online. Digital river says they have the LE.. but it won't be available until the last day of the year.

Yep, this is definitely a cluster. I ordered mine 2 days ago from BB. Picked up my LE tonight after work. They had like 30 regular copies. Only 2 LE copies which were behind the pickup window already spoken for. I'm going to hit up about 4 more best buys tomorrow to see if I can score anymore LE's. I'll try to help out my fellow CAGers get a copy.

Anyone order from Wal-Mart.com?  I did.  I'm really hoping it's the Limited Edition.  I'm seeing Amazon has 2 listings, LE and non-LE but after all the hub-bub with Best Buy I'm really doubting that they're sending the LE of the game.

BESTBUY screwed up the SKU. They're giving a $10 credit if you complain. They also tell you to call square enix to ask for the art book. Square enix can't help. They say to go back to BESTBUY or try digital river which is the store that sells their products online. Digital river says they have the LE.. but it won't be available until the last day of the year.
I got really lucky and the lady on the phone from best buy is overnighting me a LE copy and forgot to set up a return so I got a LE copy for free =). Unless she calls back asking if I got the LE copy and tells me I have to return the other one. But I think that is illegal to make me ship back a copy on their mistake I could be wrong.

Here is picture of the order she setup.
2DdOTdw.jpg

Speaking of this, it's because best buy is LYING and FALSE ADVERTISING the LE. The site states you're ordering the LE but if you go to the store they share the same SKU. You can buy online for store pickup, but if you went to my local store, not one of the 11 copies they received were of the LE, so you're getting an entirely different product from what you ordered.
I've been there before with Newegg and dead space 2. Ordered the limited edition and received the regular. Tried to return and they stated it was the same sku. Stopped using Newegg that day for games. After all of this and having to worry about it, I may be done with best buy too. They keep going further and further down hill gaming wise.

I got really lucky and the lady on the phone from best buy is overnighting me a LE copy and forgot to set up a return so I got a LE copy for free =). Unless she calls back asking if I got the LE copy and tells me I have to return the other one. But I think that is illegal to make me ship back a copy on their mistake I could be wrong.
Let me know the name of the store where you purchase your logic. I'd like to go pay the owner a visit. He must have insane prices. I need to have a talk with him to try and bring down his prices to help you out.

Picked mine up, Preordered it from Best Buy since day 1 PO was allowed.  Lady tried to hand the standard edition, she had no problem going back and bringing out the LE, but did mumble that this was the only one they had back there, so I think they screwed up as well.  Best Buy, Atlanta, Perimeter Mall.

Here is picture of the order she setup.
2DdOTdw.jpg
I called again and got a supervisor who gave me a $25 gift card on top of the $10 credit

Let me know the name of the store where you purchase your logic. I'd like to go pay the owner a visit. He must have insane prices. I need to have a talk with him to try and bring down his prices to help you out.
I am pretty sure a store cannot force you to send a copy of a game you got for free if it was a error on their part..... So my logic isn't incorrect. Maybe if they setup a return/exchange then I would be obligated to but the lady made a totally different order. So thanks for your great input that wasn't at all needed.

According to the Federal Trade Comission, unordered merchandise that is shipped to your home is yours to keep and can be considered a free gift.... So I think it is your logic shop that needs its price lowered.

I am pretty sure a store cannot force you to send a copy of a game you got for free if it was a error on their part..... So my logic isn't incorrect. Maybe if they setup a return/exchange then I would be obligated to but the lady made a totally different order. So thanks for your great input that wasn't at all needed.

According to the Federal Trade Comission, unordered merchandise that is shipped to your home is yours to keep and can be considered a free gift.... So I think it is your logic shop that needs its price lowered.
You did order the merch, slick. So your link is irrelevant. This didn't just magically show up on your door step. You ordered a copy, got the wrong version, called back and complained and the lady is sending out a corrected version. Your link holds no weight.

The reason I'm making fun of you is because you made a comment that you think it's illegal for a retail store to make you ship back the wrong version of the game. Seriously?!? Nothing in the comment smells of stupidity?

You did order the merch, slick. So your link is irrelevant. This didn't just magically show up on your door step. You ordered a copy, got the wrong version, called back and complained and the lady is sending out a corrected version. Your link holds no weight.

The reason I'm making fun of you is because you made a comment that you think it's illegal for a retail store to make you ship back the wrong version of the game. Seriously?!? Nothing in the comment smells of stupidity?
So your putting words into my mouth? I said that is was illegal to make you send back a item on their mistake. Like I said the lady didn't make a return like she said she was going to do. She told me she was going to help me out and just make a new order and make it 0 dollars. And technically I didn't order the merchandise I was asking to do a exchange and she made me a new order for a a new copy. Since the way she explained it her exchange system was down so she was just going to make a new order. Technically they can probably charge my card but I am allowed to fight it if it was a error on their part I can fight it and idk if they take returns of opened games.

IMO you're the sucker here. You could have had the limited edition for the same price.

You're intentions were good morals but fact is its best buys fault with their pre-ordering policy.

When someone pre-orders something there should be an amount of time the retailer should have to hold the product. Specially when you consider that company is making interest on everyone's pre-order. At least with paypal pretty sure you're charged right away. So they make interest on what you could be.

Fact is if they were ready to give you someone's pre-order then they probably offered it to someone shortly after.

This is why I stopped pre-ordering. Pretty sure this happened to me before with a game at gamestop. That fact that it even happened to me once means I will never pre-order games for now on, I always thought the whole premise of pre-ordering was to guarantee you the product so that the manufacture can get the allotment right.

Funny story is I remember when I went to gamestop to buy demons souls on launch day they offered me someone's pre-order of the limited edition but I declined because it was $10 bones more.

I'm surprised they offered it though because it was release day of the game and I was there like first thing opening time. So I'm sure there was a high chance that person would have been there for what he pre-ordered.

Even the vanilla version was only like 3-4 copies in stock. And I believe the manager said he already had a few on hold from people who called.

Some games the stock are really low. I imagine most gamestops didn't stock much more then half a dozen copies or so per store. Compared to games like COD and GTA in the hundreds.

Kind of shocked now that I think about it. Can't believe they offered it to begin with. Kind of pathetic.

Got my LE from Amazon. Part of me buying the game was to play KH (never played the first game), the other part was for the LE artbook. I don't mind dishing out the extra money now for artbooks/LE's of games if they are retail price. It's fun to collect, especially JRPG's. Not to say anything but since this is KH, who knows, it might be worth something in 10 years.

So is this listing from Walmart really the LE?  Because you guys are talking like it's oos or low stock everywhere while I see Walmart having it online.

So your putting words into my mouth? I said that is was illegal to make you send back a item on their mistake. Like I said the lady didn't make a return like she said she was going to do. She told me she was going to help me out and just make a new order and make it 0 dollars. And technically I didn't order the merchandise I was asking to do a exchange and she made me a new order for a a new copy. Since the way she explained it her exchange system was down so she was just going to make a new order. Technically they can probably charge my card but I am allowed to fight it if it was a error on their part I can fight it and idk if they take returns of opened games.
This isn't like you ordered a copy of Grand Theft Auto V and got a toaster... you got a copy of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 (which you DID order), but it didn't happen to be the version you WANTED. The only thing "illegal" here is you committing fraud / scamming BestBuy, though lets now turn this topic into sitcom / drama educated kids argue about what is and isn't legal.

@ Krate and Needler

I've been there. I preordered a copy of something (I want to say Cross Edge) and they sold my copy because someone asked for it first. While you most likely did do the nice thing, Needler is right that someone else probably will profit from it in the end. Shame, but most of those people don't seem to care about their jobs.

So if I buy a car from a dealership, they deliver it, but it doesn't have the limited wheels that I wanted, it's illegal for them to make me ship it back because they made the mistake. I'm using your same concept on a much larger scale. You should be in the right to keep the mistake of a car, and keep the correct version with the limited wheels? All I can say is wow. I hope they charge your card. Inventory on a store of this size isn't just going to overlook the fact. I really hope you get charged twice!

Try to keep up. You ordered the original product, regardless if it's the LE edition or not, you placed an order for product. That my friend is why your link is a moot point. So you aren't in the right to keep the product no matter how you try to look at it. I doubt you'll be blue to digest that concept since you make claims such as its illegal for them to make you ship it back.

bread's done
Back