Kingdom Hearts 1.5 LE still available!

I get that they're free but still... those are some of the worst dynamic themes I've ever seen. Each one basically has one small and reuse the same icons.

So Digibooks are bad and Greatest Hits are good? Bunch of hypocrites.

I agree:

Blu-Ray digibooks are nice, they are considered upgraded packaging in the blu-ray world. This looks like a digibook to me.

Better than a cheap pamphlet disguised as an artbook, better than a standard case. Not as good as a full-fledged artbook or premium edition, but for a $39.99 game that is just a remake I'm not sure what you would expect. I'd rather have this then a steelbook or tin-case which get damaged more easily.

edit: i also agree with the guy that likes the "convenience" factor. Whenever I get one of those cheap free "artbooks" it usually just gets tossed anyway, at least with the digibook it all stays together. I don't place any huge value on this though, so I'm not sure I'll pay the $39.99 or just wait for the game itself to be $19.99. But for collectors purposes it's kind of cool. If I was 50/50 before, this package probably makes me 60/40 that I may just go ahead and place my order tonight (or at least try to find one this week).

I get that they're free but still... those are some of the worst dynamic themes I've ever seen. Each one basically has one small and reuse the same icons.
Actually looks pretty good, theres tons of backgrounds, some dynamic themes don't even come with different backgrounds OR sound effects. I don't think ill ever place this as my actual theme, but this is actually one of the better dynamic themes for PS3 imo.

Once something sells out and is gone for good and is never sold for MSRP again, it's too late to say, "Oh ok, so I guess this really WAS limited."
The amount of money you could save by just waiting for when the "limited" release is selling for 50% off a few months later is enough to pay for the rare exceptions where something is actually hard to find.

I'm not sure if someone has mentioned this but the retail version of KH 1.5 has the art book also. The Target up the street from me received 3 of them and no one pre ordered it. Not sure if all Targets or retailers received the LE.

It was my understanding that these were more of an LE in the way The Last Story was. Rather than a different sku, it's just the first print run.

It's all the resellers who are freakish out because they can't sell the art book to recoup cost. ;-)

(Ok, so I admit I've resold art books too ... but I still think it looks great.)

I'm not sure if someone has mentioned this but the retail version of KH 1.5 has the art book also. The Target up the street from me received 3 of them and no one pre ordered it. Not sure if all Targets or retailers received the LE.
I am worried about this. I want the LE at launch, so I pre-ordered at the Target by my place. The worker there had no idea if the pre-orders were for the LE. But I pre-ordered just in case.

Anyone ever have anything shipped from Walmart? I'm worried it comes all beat up. :/

Are they like Amazon where they just put it in some flimsy envelope? 

Anyone ever have anything shipped from Walmart? I'm worried it comes all beat up. :/

Are they like Amazon where they just put it in some flimsy envelope?
I don't order from them often, but I always get games in bubble mailers, whether I order 1 or 3 (never ordered more than 3). But I've never ordered a special editon from them so I can't say for sure if they would ship this in a bubble mailer or not.

Amazon is shipping my copy in a bubble mailer but my games from Amazon usually come from Chicago or IN so they don't travel much and it's not as risky.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kinda bummed the art book is the case, but I guess I'd rather have it than standard. I have the Lords of Shadow LE and the first run Hitman HD collection. They are nice but I don't like going in the book every time to grab the game. It makes me want to get a standard case for it and put the book away somewhere.

Gamestop may be sold out on the LE preorder, but they have more LEs than they preordered for. If you preorder it now, you might still be able to get it. At least that's what an employee said to me today. Look carefully at this, for this is the only series I will ever preorder for.

Best Buy doesn't have the LE, right?
not true at all.. my gamestop got 10 artbooks in for 40+ preorders. It probably depends on the store.

Not too interested in this one but LE looks ok...i'll just wait on this game though....I will get the FFX collection one though....more eager to play through those games.

Artbook is meh. It looks like it's composed of single character portraits that you can just print off the net and staple together. Oh well, at least it's free.

I'm kinda bummed the art book is the case, but I guess I'd rather have it than standard. I have the Lords of Shadow LE and the first run Hitman HD collection. They are nice but I don't like going in the book every time to grab the game. It makes me want to get a standard case for it and put the book away somewhere.
I hear ya on that one, Thats why i can understand the complaints.

But thats why i also have a "game vault" case where i store all of my game blu rays and DVDs/CDs etc. that way i don't put any wear on the cases and LE cases, they just sit there and look pretty. I recommend doing this, it helps! Just any old cool looking CD Case will do. I have 2 of those Vaultz things, the metal suitcase like deals. One for my Xbox 360/wii/misc games and the other for PS3 and Blu rays. Nice and easy, quick access.

It really gives you time to enjoy all of the disc artwork together too, its pretty awesome.

It's actually just 1 theme that loops.

Actually looks pretty good, theres tons of backgrounds, some dynamic themes don't even come with different backgrounds OR sound effects. I don't think ill ever place this as my actual theme, but this is actually one of the better dynamic themes for PS3 imo.

You should look at other dynamic themes. Even some of the simpler ones like Okami look infinitely better.

Tried calling Target on two different occasions. They have no idea if they have any LEs for Kingdom Hearts. But if they do, it is first-come-first-served, even if you pre-ordered. So he said to call in at opening tomorrow and request one to be put aside, if they have it.

I just find it strange that no one there knows if they are getting any, when it is clearly supported by their online store.

I posted earlier some details about the case and how there are already regular cases being printed.

This will vary from store to store, but for my store: There were 33 pre-orders, but there were around 39 art book editions. There was also 8-10 Regular PS3 case versions there as well. I would double check with your store and see if they have enough left to warrant pre-ordering. You guys might even be lucky enough to get one when just walking in tomorrow, we will see.

Does the dynamic theme come as a code on a slip inside the LE?  I can't hear the youtube video unboxing.  

I am sure it depends on the retailer. It seems GS employees are able to print backup codes for it, don't know how long that will last though as always.

I see some people mentioning the potential for this being a truly limited, rare game, but I have to highly disagree. The way I judge what will, and what won't turn out to be rare, for the most part has worked pretty well. I avoided things like the Game of the Generation edition last minute, but got things like the Dead Space Dev Edition, Ultimate Loot Chest Edition etc. (no bad buys yet), and looking at this the same I did with those, it looks like it will drop in value, even though it's cheap now. There's not too much demand, and there's an unexpected twist, which is there not being an actual case (I'm almost certain a lot of people will have a problem with that). Basically, this is a buy if you want it to keep, which I did, so I bought it... I don't see this ever going for more than $40 or so post-release. 

I'd love to be wrong though! You know, since I got one.  :bouncy:

I see some people mentioning the potential for this being a truly limited, rare game, but I have to highly disagree. The way I judge what will, and what won't turn out to be rare, for the most part has worked pretty well. I avoided things like the Game of the Generation edition last minute, but got things like the Dead Space Dev Edition, Ultimate Loot Chest Edition etc. (no bad buys yet), and looking at this the same I did with those, it looks like it will drop in value, even though it's cheap now. There's not too much demand, and there's an unexpected twist, which is there not being an actual case (I'm almost certain a lot of people will have a problem with that). Basically, this is a buy if you want it to keep, which I did, so I bought it... I don't see this ever going for more than $40 or so post-release.

I'd love to be wrong though! You know, since I got one. :bouncy:
I really wish people would say valuable, since that is typically all they mean when they say "rare". Like there are plenty of rare things that go on to be worth nothing and several common things that end up costing a lot of money. Anyway, there is certainly a market for Kingdom Hearts stuff, so this could be a valuable item if there aren't a ton of these. The Mark of the Mastery edition goes for 90+ on eBay, which is almost double the original MSRP. Also the digibook is only going to bother some people, just like other people think steelbooks are stupid. Some are nice, but I myself wouldn't pay more than $5 extra for it, where as others will pay $20+ for them. This is really no different and most likely won't have much (if any) impact on the items value.

If anyone has a spare dynamic theme code id appreciate it.. I was gonna pick my copy up from GS but I got an early release of it and it didn't come with the theme :( thanks in advance

IDK if this will turn out valuable in the end but with all the talk I did a quick search on eBay and there are a lot that have already been selling for $60+. I doubt it will hold up with it being available on a couple store shelves but wanted to point that out for those that are interested. Granted most eBay shoppers aren't the best at finding bargains :)

Was it in the shipping email, or a separate one? My wife's been anxious for it, and I haven't seen anything from Amazon about it as of yet.
Ordered from Amazon; my dynamic theme code was sent in a separate email--got it yesterday, and the game's coming in today.

Was it in the shipping email, or a separate one? My wife's been anxious for it, and I haven't seen anything from Amazon about it as of yet.
I got it in a separate email with another one saying I got $5 dollars gaming credit for buying KH. Don't recall the last part, but I approve.

So went to my Target this morning. They had about 10 copies on the shelf, all LE. I am just wondering if anyone knows how to receive the Dynamic Theme at this point? Don't see anything super obvious on the receipt, so I am a little sad that I may miss out on it.

Target never offered the dynamic code...it was supposed to be Amazon and Gamestop only...but watching the youtube unboxing, it seems there is a slip with a code on it. So I was assuming that was the code for the theme. Have you opened yours yet?

So went to my Target this morning. They had about 10 copies on the shelf, all LE. I am just wondering if anyone knows how to receive the Dynamic Theme at this point? Don't see anything super obvious on the receipt, so I am a little sad that I may miss out on it.

So went to my Target this morning. They had about 10 copies on the shelf, all LE. I am just wondering i anyone knows how to receive the Dynamic Theme at this point? Don't see anything super obvious on the receipt, so I am a little sad that I may miss out on it.
Damn. Wish I didn't rush to order from Wal-Mart last night then. It will really piss me off if the Wal-Mart version arrives beaten up, or not as a LE at all. Sounds like I could have walked into any store and made sure I was getting a perfect copy. I guess the good news is even after a week, if the wal-mart version isn't up to snuff I should have no problem just finding another copy somewhere. If not I guess I can return it and wait for a sale. Hell if there's enough stock of the LE around I might just go ahead and return it no matter what. Might take a shot at getting the LE at a lower price in the weeks/months ahead. That scenario would be a win-win for me since I don't really care about it being "valuable" anyway.

Blu-Ray digibooks are nice, they are considered upgraded packaging in the blu-ray world. This looks like a digibook to me.

Better than a cheap pamphlet disguised as an artbook, better than a standard case. Not as good as a full-fledged artbook or premium edition, but for a $39.99 game that is just a remake I'm not sure what you would expect. I'd rather have this then a steelbook or tin-case which get damaged more easily.

edit: i also agree with the guy that likes the "convenience" factor. Whenever I get one of those cheap free "artbooks" it usually just gets tossed anyway, at least with the digibook it all stays together. I don't place any huge value on this though, so I'm not sure I'll pay the $39.99 or just wait for the game itself to be $19.99. But for collectors purposes it's kind of cool. If I was 50/50 before, this package probably makes me 60/40 that I may just go ahead and place my order tonight (or at least try to find one this week).
What is a digibook? Does that mean the artbook is digital like the instruction manual?

My local best buys have numerous copies. So for the member who proclaimed "omg so rare buy it now!!!!1111".... Stfu.
It is a first print run. It will only be rare if the first print is bought up. As I have said twice, there are already regular copies printed/for sale.

I don't personally care if this game turns into Stadium Events in terms of value, I just hope these book bundles aren't discounted to $20 in a couple months, that would make me remorseful.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Kingdom Hearts

I don't personally care if this game turns into Stadium Events in terms of value, I just hope these book bundles aren't discounted to $20 in a couple months, that would make me remorseful.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Kingdom Hearts
I don't plan on trying to resell mine, but I really want both cases. :p

My local best buys have numerous copies. So for the member who proclaimed "omg so rare buy it now!!!!1111".... Stfu.
My BB had 10+ copies of the standard and 2 of the LE.

I don't think this will go clearenced, but I don't think it will be worth a ton.

bread's done
Back