BestBuy.com - Arkham Origins (360/PS3) w/steelbook - $50 (YMMV)

pscloud

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Ordered the Best Buy exclusive steelbook for Store Pickup, and it came with the game.  So $10 off with steelbook and some of the pre-order bonuses - it has the Deathstroke DLC, but I don't see the Robin/Tim Drake skin.

PS3 - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/batman-arkham-origins-collectible-case-gift-with-pre-order-playstation-3/1602415.p?id=1219056779710&skuId=1602415

360 - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/batman-arkham-origins-collectible-case-gift-with-pre-order-xbox-360-windows-other/1602391.p?id=1219056777695&skuId=1602391

YMMV since I don't know if every Best Buy will give the game with the steelbook, but figure if it doesn't, you could just return it...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want the steelbook, you should hurry, as the last time there was a "Gift with Pre-order" thing (GTA V Lithograph), I bought it and my order came without it.

Luckily, CS came through and gave me a $30 GC, but if you actually wanted this, order.

Ordered the Best Buy exclusive steelbook for Store Pickup, and it came with the game. So $10 off with steelbook and some of the pre-order bonuses - it has the Deathstroke DLC, but I don't see the Robin/Tim Drake skin.

PS3 - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/batman-arkham-origins-collectible-case-gift-with-pre-order-playstation-3/1602415.p?id=1219056779710&skuId=1602415

360 - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/batman-arkham-origins-collectible-case-gift-with-pre-order-xbox-360-windows-other/1602391.p?id=1219056777695&skuId=1602391

YMMV since I don't know if every Best Buy will give the game with the steelbook, but figure if it doesn't, you could just return it...
So you ordered just the steelbook today online and went in for store pickup and got the game, steelbook, and preorder bonus code?

This seems pretty YMMV. I wouldnt be surprised if they just gave you the steelbook by itself

I remember when I got Prototype 2 on sale earlier this year I tried to get them to PM me the Steelbook for free, and they kept trying to charge me the 50$ for it. (Eventually relented after a while)

So you ordered just the steelbook today online and went in for store pickup and got the game, steelbook, and preorder bonus code?
Yes - I received the steelbook and the game - they were stickered together. The Deathstroke pre-order bonus is a sticker on the normal game case.

my store, they set all the steelbooks aside for who those who preordered it. They even had my name on a list, which i was surprised.

Mine says its available for pickup, but I'm not even gonna try. I'd literally not touch the game for months, still havent even started Arkham City....

my store, they set all the steelbooks aside for who those who preordered it. They even had my name on a list, which i was surprised.
Mine had a giant sticker on my steelbook. I would of liked the name on list instead of trying not to damage my case.

I ordered hoping I would get the game. But no, just the case. I'll be returning it. Cool case, but terribly cheap feel to it. The hinges were loose too.

Mine says its available for pickup, but I'm not even gonna try. I'd literally not touch the game for months, still havent even started Arkham City....

Exact same here.

I bought Madden 25 & GTA V and haven't really played either of them and I'm picking up WWE 2k14 on Tuesday.
You two should get help.

Regarding this: I guess you guy do a store pick up, and if it doesn't include the game, then just let them cancel the pick up on the spot. Can I tell if it comes with the game or not on the spot without opening it?

You two should get help.

Regarding this: I guess you guy do a store pick up, and if it doesn't include the game, then just let them cancel the pick up on the spot. Can I tell if it comes with the game or not on the spot without opening it?
Im a game hoarder :(

You two should get help.

steelbook comes separately with the game. kinda of the ni no kuni gamestop steelbook preorder. you buy the game, and the employee give you the steelbook. that is how it worked, when i picked up my steelbook and game. They checked my receipt to see if i preordered batman arkham origins, before giving me it. I am not sure how it worked for other people at their local bestbuy store.

steelbook comes separately with the game. kinda of the ni no kuni gamestop steelbook preorder. you buy the game, and the employee give you the steelbook. that is how it worked, when i picked up my steelbook and game. They checked my receipt to see if i preordered batman arkham origins, before giving me it. I am not sure how it worked for other people at their local bestbuy store.
Wait, so did you get the case for free by pre-ordering it?

Wow, I would have preordered had I known that. :(
there is a good chance they might have extra steelbooks, you can try buying the game, and ask the store employee if they have extra steelbooks they can give you. my store got extras, and i saw someone give the steelbook to another customer who asked for it, even thought he did not preordered the game. IT was like 12 + steelbooks.

The OP's store picked the order incorrectly. He should have got just the collectible case which is empty. Maybe the way description prints in store they got confused. 

The Robin in the game is Dick Grayson.....

This would be awesome to get if I had the money to right now :p

I deal in bodily fluids and unholy offerings
you literally buy every single game that releases, lol.

every time there is a new collectors edition announcement updated in this forum, i see you in it.

It worked for me! Just clicked the link, purchased and picked up from store twenty minutes ago. Game and case bundled together.

I preordered two days ago  and did it for instore pickup. Ended up with 2 Steelbooks one was shipped when I ordered online for pickup and they also gave me one instore when I picked up the game today. Go figure.

Can anyone post a picture or confirm if this is a Steelbook or Metalpak? and, is the PS3 version G2 sized?

Thanks! (sorry, I'm seeing conflicting info from other sites.)

did anyone get the preorder robin DLC? I asked the employee to make sure she did the right thing so I would get it on the receipt.. she told me sure no problem.. when the receipt printed nothing.. she said oh it's supposed to go to your email? 

what's the difference between steelbook and metalpak? mine was xbox sized
On a Steelbook, the spine is a separate pieces of metal; plus there should be a "Steelbook" logo along the interior of the case.

On a Metalpak, the front and back pieces are hinged directly together; IMO this tends to causes more jagged / rough edges where the hinges are.

G2 refers to the standard PS3 / Blu-ray case size. G1 is the Xbox / DVD case size.

The case is a Metalpack.  This is probably the worst steel case that I own.  The hinges make a horrible sound when opening and closing the case.  The cover is pretty bland as well.  Batman is embossed though so he has that "popping out" feeling around his body.  I was disappointed with the case, but it was free.  

I forgot to take a picture of the spine.  There is nothing on the spine.  No title or artwork, just blank.

Keep in mind there are G1 and G2 sizes available at least. It's a pretty good case, it's not great, but I'm not displaying it spine out, it will be facing forward on my shelf. The embossing of it is really nice IMO. There's a lot of empty space but the shine to it is pretty cool. I'm happy with it overall.

i doubt most active members on this forum uses real money for their gaming habits/purchases.
I just hang out by the freeway and people throw money at me. I then find a McDonalds for free wifi and surf CAG for deals. Then spend all the free money. Its a win, win situation.

Looks just as bad as the BF4 Metalpack I just got, thing sounds like it wants to break everytime I open it.

Now I definitely don't feel bad for passing

I just hang out by the freeway and people throw money at me. I then find a McDonalds for free wifi and surf CAG for deals. Then spend all the free money. Its a win, win situation.
the bestbuy trade in thread, and gamestop trade in thread not being in the graveyard, and are active daily is why i said it.

I had the same problem as the OP, they said the steel case isn't bundle with my pre-ordered CE. They said it was due to the $50 difference. Eventually they had to do a quick return buy so I can get it.

Also mine came in a great Condition really like how it looks but it feels like it doesnt close but I have no real problems with it.

Metalpaks are trash.  They use extremely low quality materials and the aluminum is cast so thin that it has a tendency to, after time, (and depending on the environment, such as high humidity) to warp around the edges of the case.  This leads to the plastic and metal separating as well as other issues that occur if the metal "pulls" on the plastic and then the case may not shut/close correctly.  Metalpaks are about half as expensive to produce as steelbooks are, and you get what you pay for, (in this case, retailers do).  

It is a bait and switch.  For the longest time customers have gotten steelbooks, and now that is what they expect. Best Buy, FutureShop, etc. know that customers are expecting to receive steelbooks and can get the desired result of the steelbook offer but at a substantially lower cost by going to metalpaks.  Even worse, there are plenty of people out there who don't immediately notice the difference if they don't have the two side by side.  I know some people think, "hey, it is free, why do you care?" and there is truth to that.  But just remember, there IS a significant quality/aesthetic difference between a steelbook and a metalpak, and if the retailer, (or videogame publisher) doesn't perceive customers care/know about the difference, I can tell you the days of getting nice steelbooks are numbered.

Metalpaks are trash. They use extremely low quality materials and the aluminum is cast so thin that it has a tendency to, after time, (and depending on the environment, such as high humidity) to warp around the edges of the case. This leads to the plastic and metal separating as well as other issues that occur if the metal "pulls" on the plastic and then the case may not shut/close correctly. Metalpaks are about half as expensive to produce as steelbooks are, and you get what you pay for, (in this case, retailers do).

It is a bait and switch. For the longest time customers have gotten steelbooks, and now that is what they expect. Best Buy, FutureShop, etc. know that customers are expecting to receive steelbooks and can get the desired result of the steelbook offer but at a substantially lower cost by going to metalpaks. Even worse, there are plenty of people out there who don't immediately notice the difference if they don't have the two side by side. I know some people think, "hey, it is free, why do you care?" and there is truth to that. But just remember, there IS a significant quality/aesthetic difference between a steelbook and a metalpak, and if the retailer, (or videogame publisher) doesn't perceive customers care/know about the difference, I can tell you the days of getting nice steelbooks are numbered.

Excellent post.

I hate metalpaks

I honestly don't care for the steelbook/metalpacks (which is partly why I don't bother getting CE's), but it was a nice surprise to get when I picked up my pre-order for the regular edition yesterday. Since it's Batman though, I'll be keeping it. ;)

I pretty sure it was meant for pre-orders only, but it wouldn't hurt to ask if they have any left at customer service, I guess. *shrugs*

did anyone get the preorder robin DLC? I asked the employee to make sure she did the right thing so I would get it on the receipt.. she told me sure no problem.. when the receipt printed nothing.. she said oh it's supposed to go to your email?
My Robin code was printed on the receipt and sent to my email tied to my reward zone account (or whatever Best buy is calling it now).

Never preordering from Best Buy again. First and last time. Went to the Fenton, MO store today to pick up my preorder as yesterday I worked both of my jobs from 10-10 so I couldn't go to BB while they were open. Went to customer service and no cases. Customer service/Geek Squad lady and her supervisor go all around looking for it while I call BB corporate and two of the other Geek Squad ladies try to tell me:

1. I should have gotten the case when I preordered (lie)

2. Well they ran out so too bad I should have come yesterday because it was a limited item (became a lie)

3. "Well you don't have to buy it from us" when I was a little agitated explaining to the BB 1-800 customer service number on why I preordered there (This metalpak was the primary reason, secondary ones were the $45 I was given for Madden NFL 25 trade in and the movie that's in the CE can be bought seperately for $6 if you buy it with the game.)

After 30 minutes, two of the floor workers have been summoned to help the customer service people because I've gotten more agitated by the two Geek Squad women who talked back to me and 5-10 minutes later they come out with about 10 Metalpaks for each system they said were just stuffed in a corner of the "media warehouse."

bread's done
Back