* * * * * 2 votes

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Megathread (PS3/PS4)

assassins creed black flag ubisoft assassins creed iv black flag ps3 ps4 next gen ac4 black flag

#61 Psykodelik   Piw Piw Masta! CAGiversary!   1149 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Psykodelik

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:06 PM

My copy came in yesterday so far no regrets. The naval stuff is really great, can't wait to go full on pirate haha.

Hehe I've had mine since ps4 launch and I believe I'm still on Sequence 4.  Aside from playing other games, I've been exploring a lot in AC:IV and playing multiplayer. I always get sidetracked before I get to the next mission.   :D/ 

Posted ImagePosted Image

#62 krashhole   Gaming since 1981 CAGiversary!   3441 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:49 AM

Can't wait to play this! I bought the PS3 version from Amazon today and will be doing the $10 PS4 upgrade. I wish I still had my PS3, I could have just bought the digital version :(

#63 zyk  

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

Alright, came across a game breaking glitch. I was in Kingston collecting stuff and all of a sudden the screen turns blue/tealish. Can't see anything but my mini map. Tried fast traveling back into Kingston, still the blue screen. Gonna try sailing there and see what happens.

#64 The 7th Number   Lambent CAGiversary!   6816 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:58 PM

Alright, came across a game breaking glitch. I was in Kingston collecting stuff and all of a sudden the screen turns blue/tealish. Can't see anything but my mini map. Tried fast traveling back into Kingston, still the blue screen. Gonna try sailing there and see what happens.

I had a glitch where i went into the detective mode (where you can see enemies turn red) during a cutscene, i thought it was cool. But then when the cutscene stopped and i was able to take control of my guy, i went out of detective mode and everything was blurry. I failed the mission on purpose because i couldnt stand the blurriness. Failing the mission fixed it.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#65 zyk  

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

Sailing back seemed to fix it, but my game did crash when I got a fishing encounter near Kingston as I was sailing back. Might have just needed to restart the game.

#66 TheLastofUrMom  

TheLastofUrMom

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:53 AM

Having such a good time with this game hunting down trophies and doing the Abstergo Challenges (best site for help here!...AC4 PS4 Walkthroughs) that I almost wish they'd make a completely new IP based on pirates.

That'd be awesome right? I mean, AC4 was the least AC game in the series (in terms of Assassin's vs Templars) so maybe a new IP could be made :D

#67 The 7th Number   Lambent CAGiversary!   6816 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

That'd be awesome right? I mean, AC4 was the least AC game in the series (in terms of Assassin's vs Templars) so maybe a new IP could be made :D

Well you may be in luck because i read this over on joystiq.com. I think it would be cool.

Report: Ubisoft surveys players about non-Assassin's Creed pirate game

#68 MildObstruction   I'd be happy if they simply reintroduced The Last Guardian CAGiversary!   12525 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

So, mortars, right?  Totally didn't figure that out until waaaay too late.  I'm sure it's mentioned in some tutorial, but I didn't find out about them until I think sequence 7 while I was trying to finish off the last two forts and I thought 'hey, it sure is unfair that they have these wacky sky rockets and I don't.  That'd be helpful.'

Are ship upgrade resources capped at 999?  Or did I just happen to hit that number?

PSNOT Pinball Arcade Series 2 underway! - Week 3 / Taxi & Central Park

MildObstruction.png

#69 KillerRamen   OMG Lilac PSP! CAGiversary!   3324 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

KillerRamen

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

So, mortars, right?  Totally didn't figure that out until waaaay too late.  I'm sure it's mentioned in some tutorial, but I didn't find out about them until I think sequence 7 while I was trying to finish off the last two forts and I thought 'hey, it sure is unfair that they have these wacky sky rockets and I don't.  That'd be helpful.'

Are ship upgrade resources capped at 999?  Or did I just happen to hit that number?

There's an upgrade to expand the amount of resources your ship can carry. I think the cap is 3000, but I don't remember.

I'm also pretty sure you had to use the mortar as part of a tutorial mission. 

Posted Image

#70 MildObstruction   I'd be happy if they simply reintroduced The Last Guardian CAGiversary!   12525 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

There's an upgrade to expand the amount of resources your ship can carry. I think the cap is 3000, but I don't remember.

I'm also pretty sure you had to use the mortar as part of a tutorial mission. 

ooohhhhh, that's what that upgrade is for - to carry more resources.  seems I just need to pay more attention to what I'm doing.  and mortars are really part of a tutorial?  that's even more sad.

MildObstruction.png

#71 CrysisNYC   Gamer CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:28 AM

That multiplayer grind to level 55 is annoying. I've been grinding out wolfpack mode getting 1-2 levels a game but still... I think the game is beautiful but don't force me to play multiplayer for trophies.  :wall:

So close to the platinum though  :joystick:

Ps4 100%'s: Doki Doki Universe, AC4: Black Flag, Contrast, Resogun, Lego Marvel, Infamous SS

CrysisNYC.png

#72 The 7th Number   Lambent CAGiversary!   6816 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:36 AM

That multiplayer grind to level 55 is annoying. I've been grinding out wolfpack mode getting 1-2 levels a game but still... I think the game is beautiful but don't force me to play multiplayer for trophies.  :wall:

So close to the platinum though  :joystick:

I think the best way to do level up is by yourself in wolfpack. I agree, online trophies for games not named Halo, COD, or Gears of War are annoying. Hell i dont even think COD makes you do that many online trophies and that game i usually only buy to play online, not the single player story.

#73 LordVila   Casterly Rock! CAGiversary!   2248 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

I'm looking for some friends to aid in the fleet missions on the PS4 version.  Feel free to add me on PSN - TheVila

TheVila.png

#74 Demontooth   not as cheap as I used to be CAGiversary!   1520 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Demontooth

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

Anyone playing freedoms cry? It took me forever to find the "gentleman". Then he just appeared. I was getting highly annoyed.

#75 Supplice   Mmhmm CAGiversary!   1727 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

I completed it. The only issue I had with freedom cry was invisible auction slaves that I could somehow liberate. It only happened once after the investigation missions.

#76 MildObstruction   I'd be happy if they simply reintroduced The Last Guardian CAGiversary!   12525 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

double xp weekend for AC4 12/20 - 12/22 for anyone still rockin the multiplayer

MildObstruction.png

#77 LordVila   Casterly Rock! CAGiversary!   2248 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

double xp weekend for AC4 12/20 - 12/22 for anyone still rockin the multiplayer

Thanks for the heads up! Might try and do some grinding in Wolfpack.

TheVila.png

#78 tokyostomp   Target Clearance Auditor CAGiversary!   2724 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:11 AM

So I read somewhere that social events are not linked to PSN but rather to friends in UPlay.

My name is the same as it is on here and PSN; tokyostomp

maybe we should start a list and ad each other as Uplay friends to see if we can get social events to pop up.

(They are not showing up for me)

#79 MildObstruction   I'd be happy if they simply reintroduced The Last Guardian CAGiversary!   12525 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

social chests - only found when running around on land, not from sea?

MildObstruction.png

#80 Supplice   Mmhmm CAGiversary!   1727 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

They can be found on both. I've found social chests on random islands and pirate caverns before. 

#81 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10168 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:08 PM

its pretty sad that I've owned this since launch and am maybe halfway through the story?  Just so much other stuff to do in this game and so many other games to play.  Whoops!

Garrus_Lannister.png

#82 simmias   Likely to be eaten by a grue CAGiversary!   3372 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:27 AM

Has anyone found any social events in, say, the last week or so?  Word is they're broken now, and the development team has moved on to better and brighter things.  Hurray for unobtainable trophies.

#83 lewchief   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:12 AM

So I got a new hard drive for my ps4 and when I try to redownload the Aveline mission I get a content cannot be accessed at this time message. Anyone else seeing this?

#84 MildObstruction   I'd be happy if they simply reintroduced The Last Guardian CAGiversary!   12525 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:14 PM

Has anyone found any social events in, say, the last week or so?  Word is they're broken now, and the development team has moved on to better and brighter things.  Hurray for unobtainable trophies.

Nope, I'm chestless.  That said, some folks on ps3t have been reporting success in the past 24 hours with convoys and whales on both ps3 and ps4.  This is more or less the last thing I'll need to do for the plat on this bastard, so if anyone on ps4 finds a chest pretty please PM me / friend me before the timer expires!

MildObstruction.png

#85 The Furry Panda   Bravest Warrior CAGiversary!   1830 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

The Furry Panda

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:41 AM

Nope, I'm chestless.  That said, some folks on ps3t have been reporting success in the past 24 hours with convoys and whales on both ps3 and ps4.  This is more or less the last thing I'll need to do for the plat on this bastard, so if anyone on ps4 finds a chest pretty please PM me / friend me before the timer expires!

ditto lol

TheFurryPanda.png

#86 Bigbadwolfe911   Who's Afraid of Me? CAGiversary!   423 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Bigbadwolfe911

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:12 AM

Has anyone had issues with no sound during Single Player Mode on Ps4?

I have digital version and audio is non existent on Single player in open ending cinematic as well as when it goes into gameplay, tried the Aveline add-ons as well with same issue. But multiplayer seems to work fine at least the training missions. I have powered down PS4 and powered back still same issue, so uninstalled re downloaded and reinstalled and still nothing. I have tried all the audio settings on PS4 and no changes. Everything else seems to work fine I have tried multiple other games digital and disc and no other issues audio is fine everywhere else.

Let me know if any of you have had this issue and found a fix for it.
Thanks,
TJ

Buying an Xbox One - Let me Help you get $25 in Xbox Live Credit for Free! Click Here for details!

675829.png

#87 SmoothJazz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   597 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

SmoothJazz

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

Has anyone had issues with no sound during Single Player Mode on Ps4?
I have digital version and audio is non existent on Single player in open ending cinematic as well as when it goes into gameplay, tried the Aveline add-ons as well with same issue. But multiplayer seems to work fine at least the training missions. I have powered down PS4 and powered back still same issue, so uninstalled re downloaded and reinstalled and still nothing. I have tried all the audio settings on PS4 and no changes. Everything else seems to work fine I have tried multiple other games digital and disc and no other issues audio is fine everywhere else.
Let me know if any of you have had this issue and found a fix for it.
Thanks,
TJ

I also face this issue yesterday but it was on headphones, after restarting the game audio is back.

Kool.png

#88 ClydeShebang   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1314 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

ClydeShebang

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:48 AM

Is a royal convoy a ship with money only and appears as a white ship on map rather than red?

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#89 Supplice   Mmhmm CAGiversary!   1727 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

Yes. It appears with a white or blue "R" icon on the map and only has reales. 

#90 ClydeShebang   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1314 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

ClydeShebang

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

Oh hot damn I've come across a lot of them, best board one of them when I next come across it. 

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: assassins creed, black flag, ubisoft, assassins creed iv black flag, ps3, ps4, next gen, ac4 black flag