* * * * * 20 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#33721 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   859 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:27 PM

ridiculously good bundle for me, damn. only don't care about Squad and State of Mind

#33722 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4636 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2019 - 12:08 AM

I paused right before they started the Monthly bundles.

#33723 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25051 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2019 - 12:25 AM

I skipped this Slay The Spire bundle. And I don't even own Slay The Spire.

I dunno, Slay and Squad just....weren't thrilling headliners to me, IMHO.

The most interesting thing there to me that I missed, that looks to be State of Mind.

#33724 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4946 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2019 - 02:41 AM

I skipped this Slay The Spire bundle. And I don't even own Slay The Spire.

I dunno, Slay and Squad just....weren't thrilling headliners to me, IMHO.

Slay the Spire wasn't a thrilling headliner for me, at least when it was revealed it wasn't, but people here really talked it up.

#33725 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8705 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2019 - 03:18 AM

Slay the Spire wasn't a thrilling headliner for me, at least when it was revealed it wasn't, but people here really talked it up.

i wasn't excited to see it as a headliner but i really wound up enjoying it, played it non stop for a week or two

#33726 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3115 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2019 - 03:19 AM

Paused since January. So much winning!

Have you negotiated the deal for Hamble to purchase Green Man Gaming yet?

#33727 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3213 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 07 September 2019 - 02:22 PM

It's not exactly cheap (and I already own BT) but Wingamestore has the Season Pass (2 expansions, with a 3rd due soonish) at the lowest price ever for it.

#33728 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10768 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2019 - 07:24 PM

It's a good indie game with simple but solid mechanics and good replay value.  It was way over-hyped due to Twitch streamers which probably leads to people feeling a bit underwhelmed when they actually play it.  I would rank it up there with the original Torchlight on the scale of well-produced and polished indie games.

#33729 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8705 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2019 - 02:01 AM

It's a good indie game with simple but solid mechanics and good replay value.  It was way over-hyped due to Twitch streamers which probably leads to people feeling a bit underwhelmed when they actually play it.  I would rank it up there with the original Torchlight on the scale of well-produced and polished indie games.

it's a top tier rogue like for me

#33730 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9538 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:54 AM

I can vouch for these opinions, because I bought Slay the Spire on the Switch (which is where I usually play it) after playing many hours on PC and I still love playing it. It's easy to quit and pick up where you stop too. Very fun and very unforgiving at times too. I rarely win usually playing whatever ascension level I've unlocked for the character.

#33731 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   513 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:41 PM

Slay the Spire is the best standalone game I've played since PUBG and Zelda: BOTW came out 2.5 years ago, but it's also totally my type of game. I will say one thing that surprises me about the hype around it is that I feel that Hearthstone's dominant single player mode for the past 2 years is as good or better than StS and doesn't get much mainstream attention despite it being completely free for the first year they were doing that style. They charge for it now, but it's pretty reasonable. Can't wait for next week when the first 2 chapters of Tombs of Terror launches and 2 months from now for the launch of Legend of Bumbo, which also looks like a similar game.

Also, I guess to put this a bit more on topic, I've been paused since April even though I think there's been some good bundles. The early reveals end up being things I'm not interested in at all or already own or on Game Pass.

April was freaking awesome though. I played through all of MYZ, Minit, and a Short Hike and really enjoyed them. I also played some She Rememberd Caterpillars and would like to try out Steel Rats at some point. I tried Dandara too, but couldn't get into it although I might revisit it later. That was definitely the best month Humble Monthly's ever had for me.

#33732 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5669 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 09 September 2019 - 07:02 PM

It's not exactly cheap (and I already own BT) but Wingamestore has the Season Pass (2 expansions, with a 3rd due soonish) at the lowest price ever for it.

Humble just beat it... At least for subscribers.

#33733 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3213 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:11 PM

Humble just beat it... At least for subscribers.

Uhhh... according to Humble... it's  37.49 (subs get 3.75 off)... by my math.. that's 33.74 which is MORE than the $33 WinGameStore I mentioned.  GameBillet pennied in to get the lowest at 32.99 ever now.

Edit:  Though to be fair, I buy from Humble and insta-key.  I bought from this WGS and they apparently had someone hand review the order so I didn't get it until the next day... which took away 1/3 of my available game time... for .74.

#33734 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4636 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:04 PM

Uhhh... according to Humble... it's 37.49 (subs get 3.75 off)... by my math.. that's 33.74 which is MORE than the $33 WinGameStore I mentioned. GameBillet pennied in to get the lowest at 32.99 ever now.

Edit: Though to be fair, I buy from Humble and insta-key. I bought from this WGS and they apparently had someone hand review the order so I didn't get it until the next day... which took away 1/3 of my available game time... for .74.

A real CAG would have waited for the GameBillet price to save 75 cents.

#33735 spoderman  

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:42 PM

CDkeys has the game + season pass + deluxe dlc cheaper than the season pass on Humble or WGS

$24.19. Kind of kills any value it has in the monthly bundle for me.

#33736 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5669 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 10 September 2019 - 02:52 AM

Uhhh... according to Humble... it's  37.49 (subs get 3.75 off)... by my math.. that's 33.74 which is MORE than the $33 WinGameStore I mentioned.  GameBillet pennied in to get the lowest at 32.99 ever now.

Edit:  Though to be fair, I buy from Humble and insta-key.  I bought from this WGS and they apparently had someone

Yeah, sorry all. Seems like it was displaying an extra discount from a coupon.

That said for the bad reviews seen in the season pass stuff I'm thinking even the 24 bucks that Spoder found is too much in my book. (I've had the base game for a long time now.)

#33737 Tibor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   194 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:07 AM

CDkeys has the game + season pass + deluxe dlc cheaper than the season pass on Humble or WGS

$24.19. Kind of kills any value it has in the monthly bundle for me.

Further proof that publishers bone early adopters/owners of base game on the season passes/dlc deals. Lowest ever on the season pass alone is $32, not including the deluxe content ($6). Season pass on GoG has usually been around $35-37 at its lowest if I remember right.

#33738 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2918 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:20 AM

Just got a gaming PC. All of the previous Humble Monthly bundles appeal to me since I'm trying to build up my library, just not this month, haha. Guess I will keep watching.

#33739 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7131 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:18 AM

Just got a gaming PC. All of the previous Humble Monthly bundles appeal to me since I'm trying to build up my library, just not this month, haha. Guess I will keep watching.

Don't feel bad.  I've never bought a Humble Monthly despite having bought countless bundles from Humble and other sites such as Fanatical and Indiegala.  PC games are just like console games.  If you wait long enough to play them, the prices will eventually drop.  

#33740 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1502 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:37 AM

For those of you that got Slay the Spire and are looking for more content, a fourth character was just released in beta.

#33741 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4609 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:02 AM

i wasn't excited to see it as a headliner but i really wound up enjoying it, played it non stop for a week or two

Just like I did with your mom, except I didn't have to pay for her!

#33742 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14557 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:26 PM

There was a new Level Up Your Python bundle that came out yesterday. But they also leveled up their content delivery. You literally have to sign up for a different website for each item in the $1 tier. Content creators leveled up their data mining as well...

#33743 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1502 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:46 PM

I can vouch for these opinions, because I bought Slay the Spire on the Switch (which is where I usually play it) after playing many hours on PC and I still love playing it. It's easy to quit and pick up where you stop too. Very fun and very unforgiving at times too. I rarely win usually playing whatever ascension level I've unlocked for the character.

I own Slay the Spire on the Switch and PC, and I also mainly play it on the Switch. However, once the game releases on phones, my Switch version will be rendered obsolete. 

#33744 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3115 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:08 PM

There was a new Level Up Your Python bundle that came out yesterday. But they also leveled up their content delivery. You literally have to sign up for a different website for each item in the $1 tier. Content creators leveled up their data mining as well...

Also, in perhaps a very fitting manner for modern Hamble, you can't level up your purchase amount after buying the Level Up bundle.

vYXWc6X.png

#33745 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4609 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:03 AM

... Level Up Your Python bundle that came...

d7b5f623a8970f326f5281e3b027fd19.gif

#33746 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5566 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 01:26 PM

PC games are just like console games.  If you wait long enough to play them, the prices will eventually drop.

PC games are much better at getting price drops actually. I just paid $11 for a 9-year-old console game.

it's a top tier rogue like for me

Killed the deal. For all of the talk about Slay the Spire--and it's getting as bad as the Final Fantasy talk in the Steam thread--I haven't understood the appeal of these games since I spent an hour playing FTL a few years ago.

#33747 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4946 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:26 PM

Killed the deal. For all of the talk about Slay the Spire--and it's getting as bad as the Final Fantasy talk in the Steam thread--I haven't understood the appeal of these games since I spent an hour playing FTL a few years ago.

Bad, warreni, bad.

For punishment you need to download Angband and play until you've lost ten characters.

We expect your report in fifteen minutes.

#33748 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5566 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:29 PM

Bad, warreni, bad.

For punishment you need to download Angband and play until you've lost ten characters.

We expect your report in fifteen minutes.

I'm afraid you'll be waiting a really long time. Really? Angband? Why not Nethack?

#33749 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1502 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:48 PM

PC games are much better at getting price drops actually. I just paid $11 for a 9-year-old console game.

Yes and no. Some games, even old ones are more expensive on PC. Like Skyrim, GTA games, etc. And if we are talking really old games, like prior gen, you can usually get xbox 360 games for super cheap, while it is usually costs more on Steam. I find some games are cheap for a period time on PC, then revert back to a much higher price down the road. 

#33750 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5566 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:14 PM

Yes and no. Some games, even old ones are more expensive on PC. Like Skyrim, GTA games, etc. And if we are talking really old games, like prior gen, you can usually get xbox 360 games for super cheap, while it is usually costs more on Steam. I find some games are cheap for a period time on PC, then revert back to a much higher price down the road.

If you've been watching the market long enough, you'll have recognized that, as a rule, PC games get better markdowns than console games do. This is true whether you're looking at physical or digital copies.

Some publishers don't mark down their MSRPs in either market, but even sale prices on PC games are far better than consoles. The game I was alluding to in my other post was Red Dead Redemption 1, which currently has an MSRP of $29.99 for the XBOX 360 version (but it's on sale for $10 + some change this week). Rockstar is particularly notorious for not dropping prices on its current-gen games, but titles like GTA IV have been dirt cheap.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Humble Bundle, Humble, bundle, steam, indie bundle, pc, mac, linux, drm-free