Humble Bundle Thread

I could understand being short keys briefly at the end of the month when they still don't know exactly how many subs they will end up with. But once they have that exact number, they should then as soon as possible obtain (and retain) exactly enough keys for all the subs from that month. Given that keys cost nothing to create, there's no reason not to do that unless they are deliberately trying to limit supplies to a degree they aren't admitting to. Seems just as likely just still stupidly following the same procedures from back when there was an actual choice of which games to take which meant they didn't need exact amounts of keys, but that hasn't been true in quite a while now.

I was considering pausing but didn't. Now I find out I missed this game. They didn't miss charging me though. Funny how that works.

I'd message them requesting a refund and telling them that they misled you by not having the keys available. Might at least encourage some action and let them know that people aren't happy with what is going on. The only way anything will ever change is if they start to think it might cost them customers.

I think the keys DO cost them something. They are clearly purchasing fewer than total subs to try to save money in the hopes that some percentage of subs that purchase the given month will never claim every game in their monthly. This is the fourth time I've been burned in as many months on humble key issues. Some were arguably my fault (a bundle nearly 4 years old that I never redeemed the keys for no longer work on the vendor site), but there have been two now that are part of monthly that I'm still waiting on.

I might request a refund/credit on last month. The only one I tried to redeem is Nioh 2 and tbh, all these games were going straight into my backlog anyway.

I could understand being short keys briefly at the end of the month when they still don't know exactly how many subs they will end up with. But once they have that exact number, they should then as soon as possible obtain (and retain) exactly enough keys for all the subs from that month. Given that keys cost nothing to create, there's no reason not to do that unless they are deliberately trying to limit supplies to a degree they aren't admitting to. Seems just as likely just still stupidly following the same procedures from back when there was an actual choice of which games to take which meant they didn't need exact amounts of keys, but that hasn't been true in quite a while now.

I'd message them requesting a refund and telling them that they misled you by not having the keys available. Might at least encourage some action and let them know that people aren't happy with what is going on. The only way anything will ever change is if they start to think it might cost them customers.

If I had to guess, they're probably able to get far more games included in their bundles if they don't make it a requirement for the publisher to provide a large set amount. I mean, if I were a publisher and humble approached me asking me to bundle a high profile AAA game but wanted 500k keys straight up, I'm likely going to hesitate and reject the offer. But if they asked me to provide a small amount of keys and cover the rest only when absolutely necessary, it's far more appealing and I won't be hurting the game's value on the grey market as much.

Another thing that factors into it is I think Valve has to approve key requests after the first 5k have been distributed. I don't know how easy the approval process is but I imagine this is why some super niche games are never restocked (especially in the case of the easy-going games whitethorn bundle, some of those games never got restocked because not enough copies were sold on steam). However, for a big AAA game like Nioh 2 I don't think this factors into anything

Catch My Drift: Rally & Off-Road Racing Bundle.

Note - All Steam keys.

$6 Tier - TIER 1:

- MudRunner
- WRC9 FIA World Rally Championship

$10 Tier - TIER 2:
- Circuit Superstars [base-game]
- Inertial Drift [base-game]
- Inertial Drift: Twilight Rivals DLC

$13 Tier - TIER 3:
- Art of Rally
- Trail Out
- WRC10 FIA World Rally Championship

COUPONS for Humble Store Tiers.
- TIER 1 also has 20% off coupon on Humble Store for Art of Rally: Australia DLC [Steam key].
- If you want to buy Art of Rally: Austrailia DLC [Steam key] with the Humble Store coupon, that's over here (click this part).

Last edited:
MysterD put those garbo coupons in his game list which already disqualifies everything else. I rarely put coupon codes when I post bundles since like 1% of us will actually use said code usually for game DLC/another game.

I'm kinda glad the racing bundle sucks. Already got the full version of Mudrunner from a fanatical bundle and art of rally was free on epic. Most of these are repeats and the most value is in the WRC games and Circuit Superstars.. unless you really want art of rally on steam.

I got inertial drift from a fanatical bundle last year and it was.. ok. fun for 2 or 3 hours and then I got bored.

Rip Pour One Out GIF

bc47661b526ff2875cbecc928841c0811279eb30.gifv

MysterD put those garbo coupons in his game list which already disqualifies everything else. I rarely put coupon codes when I post bundles since like 1% of us will actually use said code usually for game DLC/another game.

Maybe I'll list those Coupons in my Additional Notes section next time & going forward.
I'll revamp the post later, for sure.

EDIT - Revamped that post a bit. Let me know if this is any better for y'all here and/or if you all here got any other ideas to improve formatting.

EDIT 2:
I'm kinda glad the racing bundle sucks. Already got the full version of Mudrunner from a fanatical bundle and art of rally was free on epic. Most of these are repeats and the most value is in the WRC games and Circuit Superstars.. unless you really want art of rally on steam.

I got inertial drift from a fanatical bundle last year and it was.. ok. fun for 2 or 3 hours and then I got bored.

I just checked Epic - and it looks like Mudrunner base-game is in my Library. Don't recall buying this, so...I'm guessing this might've been an Epic Store Freebie?

Also some free Mudrunner DLC's on Epic there too (Ridge DLC, Old Timers DLC, Valley DLC ), except the American Wilds DLC (that's $10).

Last edited:
Just posting this out there but there is a Battletech pretty massive book bundle. It includes 70 items (not all books some are magazines) in the $18 Tier and the $30 tier gets you the last bundle with 60 books. I'm sure some are better than others but that's a lot of scfi for a very low price.

Battletech Fiction Collection

Also for audio book lovers and for those watching SHOGUN there is a SHOGUN audiobook bundle. I can sometimes get into audiobooks although I prefer ebooks myself. $18 for the whole lot.

SHOGUN audiobook bundle

I'm a bit late.. but I started playing Forgive Me Father 2 after finishing the first game in the past few days. It's both an improvement and a downgrade compared to the first. The sequel has MUCH better level design. The guns also feel much better to use, even if there isn't as much variety yet. Both of these things have made it so that I would rather play the sequel even though it's got far less content as of now.

Now for the downgrades. You can only play as one character, when there were 2 in the original. There's also currently no voice acting which is a bummer, but it will be added eventually. Each character in the original game had different abilities and voice acting, but some people didn't like the journalists voice overs so this might come down to preference. The gun and skill upgrade system in the original was more complex and branched out. I also like how you were given plenty of reset points for completing levels, so if you regretted anything you bought you could reset and experiment with different builds. In the sequel, you just buy stuff from a shop with 2 different currencies, and as far as I can see there is no way to refund (but I'm not entirely sure on this). The abilities are also lacking in variety in the sequel and aren't as enjoyable to use, though I think some of the abilities in the original were kinda useless and bloated.

The game will continue to be in early access until the end of this year at the earliest so they could make substantial changes, and I haven't read what their plans are for future updates. I think I've nearly finished what's available in the current EA build of the game, but I have enjoyed what I've played and expect the full version to be greatly expanded on since the original had far more content. If it was one of the reasons you plan to buy the shooter bundle then I say go for it, just don't expect there to be much content for a while

I still got OG Forgive Me Father backlogged; maybe I should go check that out, at some point. I dunno, is the rest of the games worthwhile in this Boomer FPS Bundle?

But, I'm now in the midst of The Chant (GOG version), which I bought from GOG - and so far, really digging it. It's gone & out there. Very trippy & weird game story-wise and character-wise. And having 3 cores to balance (instead of one health bar) is and interesting mechanics, too - reminds me of RDR2 where you had to keep your horse's cores in check, or else some stuff can go wrong.

Devious Deckbuilders

$20 Tier

Astrea: Six-Sided Oracles
BOOK OF HOURS
Dungeon Drafters

$15 Tier

Mahokenshi - The Samurai Deckbuilder
Zoeti

$10 Tier

Floppy Knights
Gordian Quest

Possibly some of the worst pricing and value for lower tiers in a Humble Bundle. Mahokenshi was very average for what I played. Gordian Quest supposedly I played and beat, but I have no memory of it haha. $20 Tier likely has best stuff in the bundle (Astrea and Dungeon Drafters). I own almost all these so this is a pass. I played Gordian Quest again for 30 minutes and it was kind of boring but not bad. I beat it in EA, and I may go back to it someday.

Last edited:
Maybe I'll list those Coupons in my Additional Notes section next time & going forward.
I'll revamp the post later, for sure.

EDIT - Revamped that post a bit. Let me know if this is any better for y'all here and/or if you all here got any other ideas to improve formatting.
Thanks for fixing the font color. Fwiw, I didn't mind the coupons in the list.

Yeah, Mahokenshi and Gordian Quest are the best of those games I think. Both are decent enough. Mahokenshi was one of those weird games though that would ramp up the gpu fans even when fps capped at 60, I remember capping it in nvidia control panel so my fans werent running at 2200rpm.

I tried Astrea's demo and didn't like it but the demo is still on the steam page for anyone interested.

I played Astrea and I'm not really feeling it and I liked the demo. There is a whole lot of randomness, but I didn't mind Dicey Dungeons. This one I think scales very badly where your values on your dice especially for safe dice (all good outcomes) usually have too low numbers. You need risky dice and balanced dice (balanced have less bad rolls and risky have more bad rolls than good). You have to use a lot of dice to kill bosses and elites and some battles go on too long. It also doesn't help that the longer the battle goes the more likely the enemy is powering up and has rolls that can hurt you hard or kill you in one go. I want to beat this one, but the frustration is very high on it. I'd give it a 6/10 and am a bit disappointed overall in it.

Edit: I did end up beating it short of 5 hours with one character. I love the art and all but the gameplay is just okay to me. I still strongly believe many dice don't scale well and it becomes a game of risk mitigating as in my run I had quite a few risky dice, but I had ways to convert them to good things or reroll them. Battles still take quite long, but it's alright. I'm pretty sure I'm retiring the game, but it's a decent one. Still a 6/10 though it's probably a tiny bit better than that.

Last edited:
So I'm still on a boomer shooter binge lately. Next up for review is Fashion Police Squad. This game is unique in the way that you have to switch guns based on which type of enemy you're facing.. so you'll constantly be switching guns and memorizing which guns (or primary/secondary fire) damage each enemy. I found the gameplay pretty simple and humorous. It's short and sweet so it won't outstay its welcome either. If you want a simple shooter with funny dialogue and style but with a unique gameplay gimmick then this is it.

The one annoying thing that I'll have to subtract a point for is one of the keybinds is bugged in a way that if you try to change it in game.. you're fucked because it'll still trigger that action no matter what you do. Only fix for this is to use third party software. I wanted to change something that was bound to my mouse side button so I went through Logitech's software (GHUB), but I feel like you shouldn't have to do that and this is something that should've been fixed. Shitty bug left in by the dev, but overall a unique/funny game and one of the better games in this month's choice bundle.

I've played Dungeon Drafters for about 2 hours or so. This is not my type of game at all. Generally you move around similar to most rogue likes one space at a time and can attack and move for 1 AP each. The major kicker is that you have cards you can use for 1 AP too. These mainly attack but could have movement or special abilities attached as well. The battle system frankly is boring. I was already tiring of the game after 5 dungeons I think with 2 being ones I did ok in. This basically is a simple as Crypt of the Necrodancer without the rhythm. Basically you avoid attacks, attack when you can and defeat enemies. It's so simple, the story sucks, and the hub world is not good and way too big. Pretty much in the beginning you need to grind out packs of cards to get a decent deck which will eventually kill the first boss. You must escape the dungeon to get rewards as all are lost on death. After you beat a few more bosses the game ends supposedly.

The graphics are OK but kind of old school but ugly looking especially for card graphics, but the levels are not the nicest looking either. The battles can and likely will be overly long over time. I wanted to like this game more because I love games that use cards, but I was ready to quit after my last dungeon run. I wasn't having fun, and the gameplay was not compelling me at all. Overall there is some good things here, but I think it almost feels too generic to be anything amazing. If you like grinding floors one at a time for cards go for it. Also the character selection doesn't matter much other than the cards you can use. 5.5/10

I haven't been feeling the higher tier games of this bundle at all.

Here is a Zeoti impression, but to sum it up I'm retiring this one early. Another stinker from the Devious Deck Builder bundle. To start off this one scaled incredibly horribly on my wide screen setup. I couldn't reach the options to change from full screen and the default resolution. The story is a boring slog with the first girl going on tests in her story. I was bored out of my mind during story segments and it didn't help the top of the screen was cut off. I think what really put me to want to retire this one was the boring gameplay. You generally get I believe 6 cards every turn. For different poker hands they activate skills which can do damage, shield, give abilities, and draw cards. These skills all have levels which can be upgraded at campsites and your bed with gems. You can keep the cards in your hand instead of using them for 1 card abilities (in my case an attack). The battles are very, very samey as these abilities don't change much unless you change them between battles. The only thing you draw is cards, so every time a pair comes up you can use the same ability. I almost didn't want to go to battles as I knew how they would play out every time. For status effects they're very hard to read at the screwed up graphics I had and had to have scrolled list for multiple abilities. It just didn't feel fun to play these battles and the other interactions weren't too fun either. It also didn't help that relics or whatever they're called here have abilities not always easy to know, so who knows about certain things. I expected more of this one (I got it from another bundle on Fanatical), but yeah it was just not a polished samey feeling boring ability builder (don't really mess with the deck like say with Balatro). This bundle has been a flop with me game wise. 5.5/10

bread's done
Back