* * * * * 20 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#5071 spoderman  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

I saw someone say on another forum that german buyers get Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed instead of Typing of the Dead.

#5072 Voken   I was PROMISED taco trucks on every corner! CAGiversary!   1245 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Good sega bundle if you don't own majority of the games. Too bad I already own everything except Medieval II (which doesn't include Kingdoms expansions) and Typing of the Dead (No DLC). I also own Alpha Protocol (really cool game that I recommend people play) from Gamersgate but a steam version is tempting.

#5073 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Always sad to see those other unused keys float off into the digital wastes. 

They're in a better place now. ;)

Or maybe they're being reinkeynated. :mrgreen:

#5074 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4206 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

Only owned Alpha protocol in the upper tier, so I bought in. Wish that Hell Yeah had come with all of it's DLC, though.

#5075 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5427 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

I'm only missing TotD and Medieval 2, so I think I'll skip this. If it was TotD + all the DLC, I'd have been all over it, but I'm not interested in sans-Kingdoms Medieval II and TotD alone has already hit the $5/75% off price point.

It's pretty solid second tier if you don't already own Binary Domain and Renegade Ops, which, surprisingly, I don't. I hate to piss away a TotD key though. Also I really don't want that ancient Sega Genesis crap on my Steam account. Grr.

EDIT: And now I'm waffling on whether this is worthwhile at all. I'm paying $2 each for Hell, Yeah!, Binary Domain, and Renegade Ops. Is that economically sound (i.e., CAGly)? I'm not even sure I'd play the weird rabbit game. Are these games worth $2 or should I have just bought an Amazon Sega Bundle?

Edited by warreni, 13 March 2014 - 06:27 PM.

#5076 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8340 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

I'm only missing TotD and Medieval 2, so I think I'll skip this. If it was TotD + all the DLC, I'd have been all over it, but I'm not interested in sans-Kingdoms Medieval II and TotD alone has already hit the $5/75% off price point.

Any ideas on if/how many more Typing of the Dead DLCs are coming?  Think I might wait for a complete version.

Just keep an eye out for a Sega sale at GMG. They've put sales on both Typing of the Dead DLCs every time they've had one.

Since I own none of these on Steam except for Rome: Total War, I guess I'll BTA on one bundle, and get a $1 bundle as a double. The $6-tier could be stronger though, so I'll hold out and see if crappy sales make them add something. Still.. each game works out to be $1.25 if I ignore the Genesis stuff, so not too shabby.

This bundle reeks of them being cheap though (not even Rome has the expansion). And that $15-tier keeps coming back, even though it can go to hell.

#5077 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5393 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

Just keep an eye out for a Sega sale at GMG. They've put sales on both Typing of the Dead DLCs every time they've had one.

I have been, but it hasn't hit the 75% off mark there yet (afaik.)

#5078 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:26 PM

Good sega bundle if you don't own majority of the games. Too bad I already own everything except Medieval II (which doesn't include Kingdoms expansions) and Typing of the Dead (No DLC). I also own Alpha Protocol (really cool game that I recommend people play) from Gamersgate but a steam version is tempting.

I disagree.  It's a decent/good bundle... they they sure cut all the DLC from it... even for the old-ass stuff like TW: Rome and Medieval II.  I suspect they're going to get a surge of DLC purchases.

It's pretty solid second tier if you don't already own Binary Domain and Renegade Ops, which, surprisingly, I don't. I hate to piss away a TotD key though. Also I really don't want that ancient Sega Genesis crap on my Steam account. Grr.

Don't worry the Genesis should only be one game entry... the games are DLC.

#5079 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8340 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:31 PM

I have been, but it hasn't hit the 75% off mark there yet (afaik.)

Pretty sure it did at the end of January if you used the universal 25% off code.

http://i.imgur.com/5h5guOR.png

If I had known this bundle was going to happen, I would have prepurchased the DLC. Damnit.

#5080 GlassDarkly   The Boney King of Nowhere CAGiversary!   232 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

GlassDarkly

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

Typing of the Dead is worth $5 to me. Everything else is $1 gravy.

#5081 Luriden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1323 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

Great games here, but I've bought most of these games recently and haven't played them. Guess I learned my lesson.

The only ones I don't have are TotD and the shitty RTS games I'll never play. I have Renegade Ops on PS3 already, pretty meh.

#5082 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5393 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

Pretty sure it did at the end of January if you used the universal 25% off code.

http://i.imgur.com/5h5guOR.png

If I had known this bundle was going to happen, I would have prepurchased the DLC. Damnit.

I mean before any coupon/s.

#5083 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8340 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:36 PM

Great games here, but I've bought most of these games recently and haven't played them. Guess I learned my lesson.

The only ones I don't have are TotD and the shitty RTS games I'll never play. I have Renegade Ops on PS3 already, pretty meh.

Yeah, technically I have Alpha Protocol, Renegade Ops, Binary Domain and Hell Yeah for my 360.. I think in this case it's worth double-dipping. I mean I got them all on the cheap anyways, way before I started buying PC games again (had a crappy computer for the last 4 years).

I mean before any coupon/s.

Wow, really? I'm impressed by your adherence to your CAG nature. I really doubt that will happen, possibly ever, but kudos.

I mean the most it'd see in a Steam sale is 75% off and they don't do promo codes.

#5084 pantsattack   Grant Thrift Auto CAGiversary!   986 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

pantsattack

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

Threw a buck in for Hell Yeah, but really more excited for Alpha Protocol (though I already own it, DLed it this week, waiting for my new laptop to come in the mail!).

Which makes it even more of a pass.

I foretell that if a Squeenix bundle ever comes to fruition, it will be met with the same fanfare.  "Good bundle.  Own most of it.  Pass."

Precisely why I haven't bought any of the recent Square games.  Either Humble or Amazon will blow my mind one day and I'll swoop them all up.  Tomb Raider, Hitman: Absolution, Sleeping Dogs sound like a good package to me.

#5085 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

Threw a buck in for Hell Yeah, but really more excited for Alpha Protocol (though I already own it, DLed it this week, waiting for my new laptop to come in the mail!).

Precisely why I haven't bought any of the recent Square games.  Either Humble or Amazon will blow my mind one day and I'll swoop them all up.  Tomb Raider, Hitman: Absolution, Sleeping Dogs sound like a good package to me.

If you have any interest in actually playing them... I'd suggest biting next time they hit five.  Sleeping Dogs and Hitman Abs are excellent, and Tomb Raider is quite enjoyable.  But if you're just collecting, it's a numbers game.

#5086 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8340 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

Funny you should mention that.

http://www.greenmang...-enix-hit-pack/

$23.75 (before promo code) for all 3 of those games + Deus Ex: HR Augmented Edition

Not sure if promo code works, but it'd be 20% off, making it about $19.

#5087 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5655 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:45 PM

I already own all of this except ToTD, so... no.

Beware: SEGA has pulled a dick move and have pulled select games from Genesis Pack 1 and Genesis Pack 5... so, in effect, you will end up owning none of the complete packs and will have to either go the more expensive a la carte route and buy them individually on sale, or re-buy packs of stuff you mostly own. 

#5088 mabman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   152 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:45 PM

If you have any interest in actually playing them... I'd suggest biting next time they hit five.  Sleeping Dogs and Hitman Abs are excellent, and Tomb Raider is quite enjoyable.  But if you're just collecting, it's a numbers game.

This. Whenever a triple A game hits $5 is when I will bite. Its an exception to the rule that EA had that humble bundle - it's very rare.

#5089 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10402 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

$23.75 (before promo code) for all 3 of those games + Deus Ex: HR

Not that great of a price even after potentially using a voucher.  And it's not the DC of DX:HR. 

#5090 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

$23.75 (before promo code) for all 3 of those games + Deus Ex: HR

Not as cheap as they go a-la-carte.

#5091 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8754 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

I disagree.  It's a decent/good bundle... they they sure cut all the DLC from it... even for the old-ass stuff like TW: Rome and Medieval II.  I suspect they're going to get a surge of DLC purchases.

Don't worry the Genesis should only be one game entry... the games are DLC.

I've been saying that for months. Humble's been including games with loads of DLC so the publishers get profit later on.

#5092 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8340 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

Not that great of a price even after potentially using a voucher.  And it's not the DC of DX:HR. 

Not as cheap as they go a-la-carte.

The three games individually come out to $21.24 before promo code. Promo code would make them ~$17.

#5093 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10402 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

The three games individually come out to $21.24 before promo code. Promo code would make them ~$17.

If we're talking unconditional lowest price, I paid $14 for all four (w/DX:HR DC).

#5094 Troutyogurt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   749 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Troutyogurt

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

Does total War: Shogun 2 come with all the DLC?

It doesn't seem like its worth the $15+ tier.

#5095 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8754 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

Does total War: Shogun 2 come with all the DLC?

It doesn't seem like its worth the $15+ tier.

Of course it doesn't. That would be too good.

#5096 lostnumber  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

Bought the $6 tier. I am getting very annoyed that they have gone back to using the one code per tier system despite the fact that they no longer even use codes and the entire point of the new direct to account system was implemented in order for the games to be split up and gifted. At least that's one of the excuses I've heard for it. It's irritating that I can't just give away a game I already own to somebody and I'm expected to just eat the fact that the game was sacrificed to the void.

#5097 ooga   Mmm Zombie Chickens! CAGiversary!   2615 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

I really enjoyed Hell Yeah! on the 360, so I am kicking in $1 as a tip. Never going to play it again, but whatever....

Don't really care about all the other crap in the bundle.

#5098 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

If we're talking unconditional lowest price, I paid $14 for all four (w/DX:HR DC).

I was going to post something different, but it would have been mean.  This is getting too serious.  (And know thy lowest prices before debating.)

I say we go out to lunch and enjoy some

cafe15.jpg

#5099 Voken   I was PROMISED taco trucks on every corner! CAGiversary!   1245 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

I've been saying that for months. Humble's been including games with loads of DLC so the publishers get profit later on.

So what? They (Sega and other publishers) are running a business, not a charity.

Putting games for cheap on Humble Bundle is an advertisement. So what if they PROFIT later on? It's expected from a business.

#5100 lostnumber  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:06 PM

So what? They (Sega and other publishers) are running a business, not a charity.

Putting games for cheap on Humble Bundle is an advertisement. So what if they PROFIT later on? It's expected from a business.

The companies themselves may not be a charity but the entire purpose of the bundles are supposed to be to support charity. Edit: I now realize I'm contradicting my previous post.  Edit Edit: Great now steam is down apparently. Well Fuck