Ys: Memories of Celceta - Silver Anniversary Edition, In-Stock at BestBuy.com

Link2999

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ys-memories-of-celceta-silver-anniversary-edition-ps-vita/2371009.p?id=1219075313142&skuId=2371009

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp;jsessionid=890C728C08D39E7CA6BCC9A7467B33F4.bbmdotp-app33-126?skuId=2371009

I've been waiting for the Silver Anniversary Edition to pop-up at Best Buy so I can get 20% off with my GCU. The thing is though you CANNOT get through checkout on your Desktop, you need to go through the mobile site and then you shouldn't have any problems with checkout.

$48 (pretax) after 20% off.

Edit: Updated with direct link to the mobile site - wouldn't direct correctly until I put it in a quote.

Edit 2: Regular site works now, added that link too.

Last edited by a moderator:
it says it's unavailable when you try to checkout.. it also gave me ship-to-store options, but still doesnt work

Ohh.. my bad. i didnt read the whole post lol. I just clicked on the link immediately.. my bad. nevermind ;x
Not a problem partially my fault since the link I gave was to the desktop version of the site - I updated it with the mobile link (which wouldn't direct correctly until I put it in a quote for some reason).

Very tempted to get this!  Previews say this is an action RPG (a genre I love), but do you control just one character, or a whole party of characters?  I prefer to just control a single player like in the Diablo games, not constantly juggle control of a "party" of characters.

You control a party of members, but only really need to switch characters when you run into an enemy that isn't weak against your character's weapon. It's all really fast tho, you switch characters with a press of a button, so you'll be back to your main almost instantly after the enemy is taken down

You control a party of members, but only really need to switch characters when you run into an enemy that isn't weak against your character's weapon. It's all really fast tho, you switch characters with a press of a button, so you'll be back to your main almost instantly after the enemy is taken down
OK thanks for the update! Sounds like its very manageable.

Had this since launch, and still haven't opened it. I ordered through the mobile site, and I had a $20 certificate so I only paid $16 out of pocket for it. It looks like a ton of fun though!

Are you sure this will actually ship? I've never heard of something like this which isn't really limited in any way only working if you order using the mobile site.
Nope, but I'm willing to take the chance. Worst case scenario is I get my money back, best case is I get what I paid for.

Edit: Mine is in the "Preparing Order" phase. Looks like it will ship.

Are you sure this will actually ship? I've never heard of something like this which isn't really limited in any way only working if you order using the mobile site.
I ordered one a couple weeks ago using the mobile method. I received it with no issues. No idea why it's not available on the full site.

Very tempted to get this! Previews say this is an action RPG (a genre I love), but do you control just one character, or a whole party of characters? I prefer to just control a single player like in the Diablo games, not constantly juggle control of a "party" of characters.
This video will give you an idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGFrVdoq3WY&hd=1

Anyway, took the plunge and bought this, thanks. Had a $40 reward code. I did try to buy this weeks ago through the regular portal, but I couldn't because they would not ship it to my local store or to my home. I was able to select my local BB through this, so fingers crossed. I don't want to waste that reward code.

The soundtrack is worth the extra $20 by itself (3 disks, 64 songs.) You also get a 150 page mini strategy guide/artbook. The cloth map & compass are just filler by that point.

Not a problem partially my fault since the link I gave was to the desktop version of the site - I updated it with the mobile link (which wouldn't direct correctly until I put it in a quote for some reason).
We've been making some changes to how we handle links, mainly for performance reasons - I've edited your first post, it should be fixed? (Note that URLs now go through a CAG redirect script.)

Thanks OP. Had zero luck preordering this on the Best Buy website. I got the same errors you get now using the desktop site but had no problem using mobile. Bizarre but at least I should be able to get it. Had a $15 reward cert so $36 out the door is a great deal.

I'm guessing this one wont be around very long. I checked Amazon out of curiosity and they only had 486 left in stock. I hope I'm not kicking myself in 6 months seeing this hit $30 or less.

Yes sorry 2 years for $30. Still waiting on my coupon my gcu expired in April. Was hoping they were still sending them out. Getting this game with the 20% off would be nice.

I preordered this through the main BB site the weekend before it released - it gave me trouble at first but eventually went through.  Anyway, the game is great as is the collector's edition package.  It's the perfect type of portable game to me - light on story, heavy on action, easy to jump in & out of as needed.  Be warned, it's a little slow getting started (and the setup for the story is extremely cliched) but once the action starts it never really lets up.  And the story does improve later on - it's almost the JRPG version of The Hangover.  :p

Yes sorry 2 years for $30. Still waiting on my coupon my gcu expired in April. Was hoping they were still sending them out. Getting this game with the 20% off would be nice.
You should go to the BB unboxed forums and PM Mike with your info (id, name, email, last renewal date) and he can arrange to get you the coupon. Don't just sit around waiting for it.

You should go to the BB unboxed forums and PM Mike with your info (id, name, email, last renewal date) and he can arrange to get you the coupon. Don't just sit around waiting for it.
Actually, he shouldn't. His GCU membership expired more than six months before 11/15, so he's not eligible for the coupon.

I can also confirm that I was able to get a copy of this pre-ordered, shipped, and delivered a few days after release date by pre-ordering through the mobile site--app, actually.  Still haven't played the game, but the soundtrack is glorious--3 CDs worth of a combination of lounge music, metal, and those generic RPG pop songs that always crop up.  Makes the drive to work an adventure every day!

I haven't played the game yet.. so take that...

The 4 CDs are something like 4.5 hrs worth of music.  Most of it apparently is music from multiple games.  (I think there is one or two repeats but otherwise)  I've just been using it to listen to.  

The compass is ok.  

The book though... it's really interesting.  It's soft back, basically first person walk through.  I don't know how complete it is but I think the first person scripts I've read through are fairly illuminating.  My one irk is that the book has a weird smell to it.  

The map is just a map.  Nothing to note.

I managed to order this from Best Buy the weekend before it came out & was awed by the packaging that Best Buy used.  They managed to take the time to put the game package in the middle of the box and surround it with bubble pockets so that the game would not move during shipping.  My previous experience dealing with purchasing Xseed LEs from Amazon had way too many dingers due to lack of proper packaging when shipped.

Hope everyone's orders arrive with the same care as mine did.... 

Ys is pronoucned "ease"? I thought it was pronounced "yeese" (kinda like "yeast" without the "t" sound at the end)? 

I preordered this through the main BB site the weekend before it released - it gave me trouble at first but eventually went through. Anyway, the game is great as is the collector's edition package. It's the perfect type of portable game to me - light on story, heavy on action, easy to jump in & out of as needed. Be warned, it's a little slow getting started (and the setup for the story is extremely cliched) but once the action starts it never really lets up. And the story does improve later on - it's almost the JRPG version of The Hangover. :p
My only issue with the game is that other than putting in Vita touch screen features there isn't a significant upgrade in graphics and sound from Ys Seven on PSP/Vita to this remake that since inception has been planned to be a Vita game.

Still a phenominal game but kinda disappointed in the visuals.

any clue why only the mobile site works? Every time you try the regular site it says 'oops that item isn't avalilble' on checkout. OP mentions this but i still find it very strange. Anyway i ordered one and plan on returning my gamestop copy. Just think its weird as hell it works with mobile but not regular BBY. Wonder if it will even ever ship

Not sure I should have bit on this... Most Xseed CEs drop to half price before they ever sell out. Blah!

any clue why only the mobile site works? Every time you try the regular site it says 'oops that item isn't avalilble' on checkout. OP mentions this but i still find it very strange. Anyway i ordered one and plan on returning my gamestop copy. Just think its weird as hell it works with mobile but not regular BBY. Wonder if it will even ever ship
Well for what it's worth, I ordered yesterday, and it arrived today. Like someone earlier mentioned, shipped in a box with bubble wrap on all sides. Perfect condition.

Oh yeah, Elite Plus so Free 2 day shipping. I've been getting lucky lately and have gotten everything overnight lately from Best Buy.

Well for what it's worth, I ordered yesterday, and it arrived today. Like someone earlier mentioned, shipped in a box with bubble wrap on all sides. Perfect condition.

Oh yeah, Elite Plus so Free 2 day shipping. I've been getting lucky lately and have gotten everything overnight lately from Best Buy.
Got mine today too. Mine was shipped a little different though. It was shipped in a smaller box, with air packaging on one of the sides, but it didn't move around and came in great condition.

I don't have a Vita yet, but I know once I do, I will want this game and I will want the limited edition. Should I bite on this now or wait for a price drop?

I don't have a Vita yet, but I know once I do, I will want this game and I will want the limited edition. Should I bite on this now or wait for a price drop?
It's a Limited Edition, so they're gone once they sell out. If you have GCU I'd recommend buying now before Best Buy sells out - most likely they will before there's any kind of discount. If you don't have GCU, I would probably wait until I actually started to see them going and not coming back.

My order has "shipped to store", so it looks legit. Strange that the desktop site doesn't work for this game. I bet BB got a lot less orders than they otherwise would have, due to this mistake.

And regarding these CEs dropping in value; I bought two previous Ys PSP CEs heavily discounted from Amazon a while ago (Oath and Seven), but I think the price is going back up for them lately. And anyway, why not support these great games on the Vita at launch, so we might see more in the future? I personally love action/rpgs, and really want to see more of them on the Vita.

Heads up to people interested in buying this game. I was able to purchase the item on the desktop website.

I think Best Buy fixed the issue of not being able to buy Ys: Memories of Celceta Silver Anniversity Edition on the desktop Best Buy website.

Heads up to people interested in buying this game. I was able to purchase the item on the desktop website.

I think Best Buy fixed the issue of not being able to buy Ys: Memories of Celceta Silver Anniversity Edition on the desktop Best Buy website.
Yup, can confirm. I updated the original post a couple of hours ago.

bread's done
Back