* * * * - 50 votes

XBL Deals - Jan 6 - Sep 4, 2014

XBL Xbox Live XBLA Games on Demand DLC Arcade Avatar Item

#18661 Turbine  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

So far picked up SxT 12 char dlc, Darkstalkers, DMC HD Collection, and Case West. Hope there's more games that are dscounted. Wouln't mind Marvel Origins to be cheap also but it doesn't look like it will happen.

Marvel Origins was 50% off about two weeks ago.

Since its a capcom sale might as well post this for whoever hasnt seen it

http://www.ign.com/a...2c6265f6f000002

This is awesome news i loved the RE remake on gamecube

So knowing its going digital for 360 and xbone is really cool

Cool. By then, i might have dug enough through my backlog to start playing that and these RE games i just bought. Who am i kidding, i will still be playing Dark Souls 2 and World of Tanks while drowning on my backlog.

#18662 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2037 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

Is there a complete pack I can buy for DOA5 that gives me everything (characters & costumes)? I just have vanilla DOA5.

I can't keep track of all this sh_t.

#18663 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11244 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

Damn, deals still coming in. Mega Man 10 for $4.99 and Puzzle Fighter HD for $4.99 also now showing

Hmm, you know you're a CAG when you see a nice sale but can't remember if you already own that game or not.

#18664 DatPanda   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   326 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

DatPanda

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

Revengeance at 19.99 I guess. Pass. Also disappointed at no Dark Arisen sale. Oh well.

#18665 genneo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

No Dead Rising 3 sale, Come on!

That was the first ever sale. You are just late to the party.

#18666 sickman   Bringer of Light CAGiversary!   352 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

That's like mixing up black olives and goat shit.

I was going to say something similar, but I'm trying to keep my shit analogies to a minimum. Dark Sector was actually a decent game.

I'll probably pick up Dustforce just for the soundtrack, I'm sure the gameplay is alright. Such sweet tunes!

#18667 B-Man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   177 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:39 PM

RE4 introduced the control scheme RE games have today but it didnt sacrified the original spirit in favour of mindless action. And the game is great, story wise and angst factor. You have to spend wisely your few resources, ammo and explore a lot in a constant state of alert. It can be hard but it's a safe bet for a newcomer. I can't speak of the 360 version cos (until now) I don't have it but read good reviews.

I couldn't disagree more with everything you just said and I don't really understand what you're even talking about.

Sacrificing the original spirit in favor of mindless action is exactly what it did, and RE4 is ultimately the reason why the series is in the state it's currently in.  Story wise, the game is just awful and absolutely ridiculous.  Not only is it by far the worst story in the entire series on its own, but it also has nothing to do with any of the other games.

And you absolutely do not have "few resources" that you need to "spend wisely."  That couldn't possibly be further from the truth.  You simply go through each area, kill every enemy, and pick up what they drop.  By doing this, you end up with more ammo than you began with.  It's not long before you have more items than you're able to carry, even with the largest attache case.  Also, there is next to no exploration and the game is about as close as you can get to being completely linear.

#18668 Sir Sleeps A-lot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   418 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Sir Sleeps A-lot

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

How's the DMC collection and the DMC reboot?

#18669 Daemonocracy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   266 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Daemonocracy

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

Thoughts on Remember Me? I always had my eye on this and $10 seems a good price

It's a linear beat 'em up which I suspect at one point in its development wanted to be something more (have exploration). The visuals are beautiful, the setting is very cool even though we've seen dystopian futures many times before. I thought the story was boring and in the way, the enemies repeat themselves but the combat and what little platforming there is are fun and challenging.

Unless you don't like beat 'em ups, I say check it out for $10.

#18670 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1361 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:26 PM

If I buy the digital version of Rock Band 3 can I import the songs into Rock Band Blitz? I dont have any plastic instruments to play the game with but I would like to know as I am addicted to Rock Band Blitz right now.

All regular Rock Band DLC will work in Blitz, but unfortunately the "on-disc" RB3 songs don't, since Blitz can't find them in the usual DLC location.

Oh god...Rockband DLC is my biggest weakness. I feel like a recovered drug addict in a room full of people offering cheap crack.

I have slightly over 1000 legit songs in my RB3 library, plus customs on top of that.  :)

Holy crap... The controls in RE4 are not as fluid as I remember them...

I seem to be one of the few people in this thread, apart from B-Man, who doesn't like RE4.  Here are my thoughts on it from another forum:

I never played any Resident Evil game until I played RE4 on Xbox 360. To summarize, I was extremely underwhelmed. It wasn't a terrible game, but I absolutely hated the control scheme (it does turning/aiming with the left stick unlike every other game) and it had a few very annoying QTE sequences. I thought the plot was mediocre. I finished the game, but after that I lost interest in playing any more of the RE series.

#18671 swirly76   360 backlog > XBone 4eva CAGiversary!   99 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

swirly76

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:42 PM

re4 and darkstalkers for me. neither one, have ever been cheaper...

for those of you considering Metal Gear: Revevevevengencer or whatever, if you live near a Fred Meyer (west coast), check their bargain bin. YMMV, but i saw a ton of copies there for $10, as well as Gears3 for $10, ME3 (vanilla) $5, and so on. 360 only.

also, new, physical copies of remember me (360) have been marked down lately as GS just had it for $10 and you can find sealed copies on ebay for about the same.

#18672 TheAznOne   Fo Fo Flump CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:54 PM

Marvel Origins was 50% off about two weeks ago.

Was Gold Only deal which I did not have at the time.

#18673 SangesTheLurker   This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck... CAGiversary!   1033 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

SangesTheLurker

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:09 PM

If it has the GameCube's "crimson heads", I will have to put some serious thought into whether or not I'll get it, otherwise it may be an insta-buy. Those bastards alone were the reason I had to stop playing it back in the GC days--such a PITA. RE0 on the otherhand, I must've played through a dozen times.

#18674 novakov   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

Happy to see some Rock Band 3 dlc on sale although I have American Idiot from the Green Day RB import and I got the Doors pack on sale when the game first came out. I think it was purchased through the game as I could still buy it on xbox.com so be careful when buying

Hopefully they'll put some more packs on sale in the future. I'll buy London Calling!

#18675 Strider Turbulence   Banned Banned   6540 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Strider Turbulence

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

" Super Street FIghter II Turbo HD Remix is $5.09. Is there any point in getting it since we had a free Street Fighter game through Games With Gold already? "

That was Street Fighter 4, which imo is a shitty game. This is an update to Super Turbo, one of the best games ever created. Outside of Dust Force and Lost Planet 3, I own every single thing in this sale. That's probably a good thing because I'm already out of space on my 500 GB HDD.

#18676 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

You have to drag that blonde chick around for half the game though right? To me that's forced virtual co-op. I can't stand games that have you dragging along a useless character that you need to keep alive. Plus no zombies...

Ganados >>>>>>>> zombies.

#18677 shulamm   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

I couldn't disagree more with everything you just said and I don't really understand what you're even talking about.

Sacrificing the original spirit in favor of mindless action is exactly what it did, and RE4 is ultimately the reason why the series is in the state it's currently in.  Story wise, the game is just awful and absolutely ridiculous.  Not only is it by far the worst story in the entire series on its own, but it also has nothing to do with any of the other games.

And you absolutely do not have "few resources" that you need to "spend wisely."  That couldn't possibly be further from the truth.  You simply go through each area, kill every enemy, and pick up what they drop.  By doing this, you end up with more ammo than you began with.  It's not long before you have more items than you're able to carry, even with the largest attache case.  Also, there is next to no exploration and the game is about as close as you can get to being completely linear.

It seems we played different games :joystick:   RE saga was at a standstill and needed an stimulus. RE4 brought it, with a new control scheme, enhanced graphics and animations. Even though all the changes the game held the essence of previous iterations. I've played them all since the first one on a playstation and RE4 still gave me the same feeling despite the big differences on playability. Of course Capcom perverted it and jumped into the mainstream wagon after that.  Story wise, the game is as ludicrous as every other iteration, but i enjoyed it pretty much, maybe cos i'm spanish and lol'd about it :rofl: And maybe i'm a poor gamer but i found myself dealing with low ammo lots of times, especially on professional difficulty. Still... opinions...

#18678 uglyteradon   CAG-tastrophe! CAGiversary!   1089 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

uglyteradon

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

Major Nelson posted them.

#18679 snakeybro   Banned Banned   9668 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

No Dead Rising 3 sale, Come on!

Dead Rising 3 is on sale for the very, very, very low price of only $50! Thats right u heard me, $50!

Also $50 is Ryse, Forza 5, and Kinect Sports Rivals, now thats a deal! Thanks based major nelson.

• RBK likes this

#18680 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11244 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:47 PM

I never played any Resident Evil game until I played RE4 on Xbox 360. To summarize, I was extremely underwhelmed. It wasn't a terrible game, but I absolutely hated the control scheme (it does turning/aiming with the left stick unlike every other game) and it had a few very annoying QTE sequences. I thought the plot was mediocre. I finished the game, but after that I lost interest in playing any more of the RE series.

I may have to turn in my "gamer" credentials after admitting this, but... I tried playing RE4 for the first time recently and I just. could. not. wrap my head around the controls. I never played it the first time around for whatever reason even though GameCube was my primary console at that time. :dunce: But having played 5, 6, Revelations, and a million other third person shooters in the intervening time, I just can't handle the way RE4 controls.

#18681 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4936 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

" Super Street FIghter II Turbo HD Remix is $5.09. Is there any point in getting it since we had a free Street Fighter game through Games With Gold already? "

That was Street Fighter 4, which imo is a shitty game. This is an update to Super Turbo, one of the best games ever created. Outside of Dust Force and Lost Planet 3, I own every single thing in this sale. That's probably a good thing because I'm already out of space on my 500 GB HDD.

I get so lost with all of these Street Fighter games (they released SF II so much that I lost count). SF IV was fun from what I played of it; I especially liked how each character has their own storyline complete with cutscenes and voice acting.

Major Nelson also reported Street Fighter 3: Online Edition for $3.74. Is that one any good?

Dust Force should really be called Leaf Force as that's what you're sweeping/walking over.  Why can't real cleaning be this fun? Controls are a little sensitive but once you learn how to walk up walls it's not so bad. It's nice to see they threw in some attack mechanics as well.

And I can't forget to mention I love the 8 bit soundtrack. Curse you, Microsoft, for making me spend money at the last minute. :)

Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara reminds me of Golden Axe. - even down to the stiff controls. This is the shortest demo I've ever played. You defeat 10 or so goblins. Then it asks for your name, and it's Game Over.  The info screen says it also comes with another game called Tower of Doom. Is that game any better?   Are all Dungeons and Dragons games this awkward to play?

#18682 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1775 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:15 PM

Only the PS3 version of Final Fight forces you to be online, because PS3 owners had a habit of being cheeky and sharing downloads with their friends. That was never an issue with the Xbox 360, which lets you register games on just one system. I think Sony cut off the tap a few years ago, reducing the number of systems a game can be installed to from five to two.

#18683 genneo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:15 PM

It is nice that certain Xbox One games will be permanently reduced by $10 at retail and the Xbox Store.

Too bad DR3 was already bought when it was $30 last month.

#18684 Crono-00   Backlog 4 Lyfe CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:21 PM

It was a great date night for me.  Wasn't expecting much, but ended out to be a beauty.  As it went along it was got better and ended out to be an all-nighter.  Happy ending indeed.

I am glad there was the variety I asked for.  Multiple genres and formats (DLC, XBLA, GonD) have already been represented.  There are repeats for me, but there are plenty of great new discounts for me.

I have to get Dustforce at this price because I was so hyped for it before it released due to its skill-based platforming, co-op capabilities, and the music for it is excellent.  Since I got Street Fighter X Tekken recently from the last GonD discount (figured it was inexpensive enough), so  the unlock key for the remaining roster on discount pretty much completes the purchase. 

[EDIT: I swear the Dragon's Dogma DLC went on discount before, because I have it.  Also I really wished the Lost Episode 1 & 2 DLC were discounted as well, since those are the only I lack for Asura's Wrath because they've not been on sale, wish these were]

Is there a complete pack I can buy for DOA5 that gives me everything (characters & costumes)? I just have vanilla DOA5.

I can't keep track of all this sh_t.

From my post before date night, I did mention I desired DOA5U DLC to get discounted, and I am pleasantly surprised some actually did go on sale to my delight!  Unfortunately, at this time there are still DLC planned to be released for Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate, so there is no complete/final/ultimate pack.  Also, I believe the original Dead or Alive 5 is not forward compatible to the the later released Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate, however DOA5U does accept the DLC purchases from the original, but the "Complete DOA5 Costumes pack" for DOA5U on discount now contains almost all of the original's DLC costumes.

I will have to buy the Complete Casual Collection Vol.1 and Complete Casual Collection Vol.2.  However, I think the Ultimate Private Paradise Set I think are just pretty much the creepy voyeurism mode of ye ol' beach volleyball games opposed to costumes and I am debating if I should buy it (I probably will) and I already got the Complete DOA5 Costumes the last time they were discounted.  Now it would have been nice if the new DOA5U characters were discounted, but I think (hope) there is a possibility a complete pack of all the new characters will be available once they've finalized the roster.  I too have too much trouble trying to find the right packs to buy amongst all the divided DLC of DOA5U, and that's why I am glad a post on CAG which lets me know what I will buy for DOA5U,

[EDIT:  Ack, but to truly answer your question, for the original vanilla DOA5, I think your best resource would be this site about the DLC]

- Super Street FIghter II Turbo HD Remix is $5.09.   Is there any point in getting it since we had a free Street Fighter game through Games   With Gold already?

For me, each Street Fighter game has something interesting per iteration.  HD Remix while IMO possessing uglier art than the original (personal aesthetic preference to older pixel art, but blurry in this version and only for characters) I choose to stick with the new art, but it is my most favorite version: ST (Super Street Fighter 2X).  Also on discount is the way more complex Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike -  Fight for the Future which is good, if not for Ken, Chun, and maybe Yun.

Basically, I guess to best diversify your mainline SF library on the 360, I'd say go with HD Remix for 2, 3rd Strike Online for your 3, and you already got a 4 for free with Games with Gold.  You get the best versions of each mainline release ^^.  [EDIT: Also, do not ignore the Darkstalkers on discount if you like fighting games.  That series has IMO the best character designs in any Capcom series.]

[Also, I prefer Shadow Over Mystara over Tower of Doom, primarily because I use the thief (rogues do it from behind) which was newly introduced (Shadow Over Mystara is the refined sequel).  Both are very good brawlers IMO, and I love how there is an item/stat underlying layer in the game's play mechanics]

Thanks for a dose of hype!  I loved it too, it toyed with my expectations very well and totally worth me purchasing the game again.  Now I hope they also choose to give me my dose of Rebecca Chaimbers by releasing Resident Evil 0 as well!

[EDIT: Bloomy>  I apologize for my lack of responsibility when I post, I do not anticipate the random links (which are the first thing that comes to my mind) to be clicked on, and I realize I should understand with great power ... well, at least I didn't respond with some Rule 34 to RE6 or something earlier =P]

Edited by Crono-00, 05 August 2014 - 06:58 PM.

#18685 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8943 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

Sacrificing the original spirit in favor of mindless action is exactly what it did, and RE4 is ultimately the reason why the series is in the state it's currently in.  Not only is it by far the worst story in the entire series on its own, but it also has nothing to do with any of the other games.

Have you actually played Resident Evil 6? The story in 6 is way, way stupider and moe off the rails than part 4. It's probably the worst story of any story-intensive game I have ever played, which I say without a hint of hyperbole.

Nor does 4 have nothing to do with the previous games (now that's hyperbole). It doesn't revolve around Umbrella (good!) but does star Leon. Branching the story off in a new direction is a far cry from not relating to the existing story.

Agreed with others saying that RE4 has poor controls. Back when it actually came out on Gamecube and Playstation 2 though, those controls were still somewhat acceptable.

#18686 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:33 PM

I really wish someone would finally port call of cthulhu dark corners of the earth to the 360 or Xbox one even digital only would be fine by me

#18687 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3778 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

Are these games worth it for the price they're asking?

Lost Planet 3

Asura's Wrath

Terraria

Thanks.

#18688 snakeybro   Banned Banned   9668 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:00 PM

Are these games worth it for the price they're asking?

Lost Planet 3

Thanks.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#18689 leylines   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1077 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

I really like Minecraft, is Terraria worth buying?

#18690 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6730 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

I really like Minecraft, is Terraria worth buying?

Try the demo