Bestbuys craptastic clearance sale $15.99-$23.99 wonderful 101 wii-u, gta iv complete edition $7 with gcu coupon

YBX87

Banned
delete if repost

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary $15.99

Crysis 3 xbox 360 $15.99   

Crysis 3 ps3 $15.99

Dead or Alive 5 $7.99 ps3

Dead Island Riptide: Special Edition $15.99 xbox/ps3

Star Trek $15.99 xbox/ps3

Defiance $15.99 xbox /ps3

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition $23.99 ps3/xbox ( $7 with gamers coupon + gcu) credit to the user psihog for finding the price drop

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition

Mass Effect 3 $15.99 ps3/ xbox 360

God of War III Greatest Hits $15.99 ps3

DmC Devil May Cry $23.99 xbox / ps3

Mass Effect Trilogy  $31.99 xbox / ps3

Assassin's Creed III  $23.99 xbox / ps3

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance $23.99

Sniper Elite V2 $15.99 ps3/ xbox 360

FUSE  $23.99 xbox / ps3

FIFA Soccer 13 $23.99 xbox / ps3

Assassin's Creed: Ezio Trilogy $23.99 ps3

God of War Saga $31.99  

Journey: Collector's Edition $23.99

Remember Me  $31.99 xbox / ps3

inFamous Collection$23.99  

Metro: Last Light ps3  $31.99

Injustice: Gods Among Us  ps3/xbox 360  $31.99

Sony - Ultimate Combo Pack: Twisted Metal & DUALSHOCK 3 Wireless Controller $44.99

Dynasty Warriors 8 ps3/xbox $47.99 (bestbuy troll job of the new year, i paid less than $8 last time with gamers coupon )

Microsoft - Xbox 360 Console Limited Edition Kinect Star Wars Bundle $339.99

Sony Computer Entertainment LLC - PlayStation 3 (320GB) Uncharted 3 Bundle $279.99

Sony - PlayStation Move Shooting Attachment for PlayStation 3 $2.99

Sony - 2-Slot Charging Cradle $13.99

Sony - Assassin's Creed III: Liberation Bundle for PlayStation Vita Wi-Fi $189.99

Sony Computer Entertainment America - USB Cable for PlayStation Vita $10.99

The Wonderful 101 $23.99 ( with gcu $20)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition $19.99

Game Party Champions $11.99

Tank Tank Tank $15.99 ( most active cag members/lurkers should be familiar with this game, LOL)

Family Party: 30 Great Games — Obstacle Arcade $15.99

PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures $19.99 xbox /ps3

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, grabbed a GTA Complete with a RZ cert to resell. Love these coupons.

Damn they still haven`t cleared out the TW/DS3 bundles with all the deals that have been on them. Sony needs to put last of us, GT6 & Beyond Two Souls in the bundles they would sell like crazy.

ME trilogy needs to be $20-$25

Picked up GTA set.

Will wait for the ME trilogy to drop lower...

Damn they still haven`t cleared out the TW/DS3 bundles with all the deals that have been on them. Sony needs to put last of us, GT6 & Beyond Two Souls in the bundles they would sell like crazy.

ME trilogy needs to be $20-$25
I bought my ME Trilogy almost a year ago at the same price. It seems real stubborn about becoming cheap for gamers.

I bought my ME Trilogy almost a year ago at the same price. It seems real stubborn about becoming cheap for gamers.
My Hastings had the ME Trilogy for $20 last year for a good chunk of time. I figured since it dropped so fast that it would be one of those games I'd find in bargain bins, so I left it there.

I just traded in GTAIV and Liberty City Stories a couple of weeks ago for more than the cost of Complete version here.  Worth rebuying at that price.  Thanks OP!

Also - That's a fantastic deal on Wonderful 101.  I was happy to pay full price at launch since it's Platinum and it's so unique, but anyone with a Wii U needs to pick it up.  

Man, I really miss Best Buys free shipping. It seems like I've barely bought anything from them since they started charging. I'd be all over GTA 4 for $7, but the $3 shipping kills the deal for me  :whistle2:?

My Hastings had the ME Trilogy for $20 last year for a good chunk of time. I figured since it dropped so fast that it would be one of those games I'd find in bargain bins, so I left it there.
I think I remember that. That game and NEFS Most Wanted were both $20 I believe. I'd consider that the exception though.

Damn I hate that renewing with the GCU no longer gets us the gamer coupons. Would have bit on that GTA4 and Dynasty Warriors last month.

Anybody's account still incorrectly say only 1 year on it instead of the 2?

Was anyone able to get the Assasin's Creed Liberation vita bundle for $190?  It isn't available for shipping and is sold out at all the local stores.  That's a way better deal than the lousy Amazon gutted white vita for $200...

SonictheHedgehog1337 said:
Do you guys think we might see a lower price on Wonderful 101 in the next year or so? The game looks fun, but I don't mind waiting. I'm not sure of reputation for Platinum nintendo exclusive games dropping in price.
I dunno - I just bought it a few weeks ago for $30 ($23.99 after GCU) because people on CAG were saying it is out of print. I used some RZ certs on that too - I guess I can return and get those credited back (after multiple calls to CS - never seems to happen automatically for me).

So, yeah, I bought another one just now for $19.19 after GCU. Amazon seems to have matched at $23.99 by the way.

Screw it ordered 101. Looks good, and I have hardly any WiiU games. Plus it looks like a ton of Best Buys are sold out of it in both states I frequent.

I picked up GTA IV complete for 360, in-store pick up, $6 plus tax with coupon. I always got the magazine coupons but when I renewed last month, they must have changed it to digital and emailed me the coupons! Thanks OP!

What I hate now is that it seems they factor in the 20% GCU discount whenever they make a sale.
Yeah and I thank OP for not doing it in this post, it's REALLY annoying when I see it in every other Best Buy post though. I think from now on, whenever I post Gamestop deals, I am just going to automatically factor in PUR discounts right off the bat. I mean apparently everybody has GCU, so obviously they all have PUR right?

Last edited:
Yeah and I thank OP for not doing it in this post, it's REALLY annoying when I see it in every other Best Buy post though. I think from now on, whenever I post Gamestop deals, I am just going to automatically factor in PUR discounts right off the bat. I mean apparently everybody has GCU, so obviously they all have PUR right?
I agree, I find the GCU stuff annoying too. I don't have any of those memberships and I never will.

Went for GTAIV Complete for PS3 for $6.42 and free shipping! So happy I bought my appliances over Labor Day and have my elite status for the shipping. Also happy I started getting the digital coupons!

I never beat GTAIV and traded in a long time ago so I figured it was worth grabbing again to finish for $6.

I dunno - I just bought it a few weeks ago for $30 ($23.99 after GCU) because people on CAG were saying it is out of print. I used some RZ certs on that too - I guess I can return and get those credited back (after multiple calls to CS - never seems to happen automatically for me).

So, yeah, I bought another one just now for $19.19 after GCU. Amazon seems to have matched at $23.99 by the way.
I'm in the same situation but I'm not sure if calling to get back the $5 cert I used and also doing the return is worth the $4 to me.

The Wii U is toast. Wait for the games to all be $10 later this year. Yes, the predictions are coming true. Do you want to be the guy coming back here saying, "Oh man I bought that game for $25 and it's still sealed on my shelf!" when it's $10 later this year? Yeah, me neither.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-17/nintendo-forecasts-net-loss-on-stagnating-sales-of-wii-u-games.html
Ouch. I knew Nintendo was in deep shit with WiiU but I didn't know it wasn't that bad.

Still, WiiU isn't going anywhere this year. I mean obviously Iwata can (and should) be canned at any moment now and the WiiU can suddenly be axed, but frankly I think Nintendo as a whole is way too stubborn to admit a failure like that, especially for their only home console. Nintendo has made more than enough money from 3DS to give WiiU one more year and SSB (while not nearly as hyped as Brawl) should move some units. Yes, I know yet more $60 2D platformers aren't what most gamers want, but things are still picking up ever so slightly.

And I see what you are saying with W101, and I agree that the smart decision is probably to wait. But I'm not simply because I have some RZ certs burning a whole in my pocket, and we are talking a difference of $10, maybe $15 bucks, not $30 or $40. I'd rather just pay the extra few bucks to get it now.

I'm in the same situation but I'm not sure if calling to get back the $5 cert I used and also doing the return is worth the $4 to me.
I don't know what your time is worth but I don't see how $4 is worth the headache you'll undoubtedly get dealing with Best Buy's customer service. I went through an issue this past Xmas where I never got a $50 software bundle I ordered (or, more precisely, Best Buy never shipped it, as checking UPS's tracking order link on the order's page verified that they never received the order) and it took multiple phone calls and hours of hold time to deal with CS monkeys who tried to bullshit me by saying "Sorry there's nothing we can do". After losing my temper I FINALLY got ahold of one guy willing to do something and actually got my order shipped, but even then he refused to ship it express to get it to me in time to have it ready for Xmas (and yes, this was way after the time I was guaranteed to receive it on their website). After all that bullshit I never once got an apology or any sort of gift card/credit to reimburse me for my trouble.

I don't know how Best Buy works, but I'm guessing if I had to go through that hell just to get the item I had already paid them for (with proof in hand that it was never even shipped) there's probably no chance in hell anybody without pull is going to get a RW cert refunded.

Last edited:

I did put myself through the CS process and they told me that they can't match GCU while doing price matches (which is incorrect since they have done that for me before.)

I was told to return the original and then rebuy it. (I'll have to see if that's worth the effort today for $4. More than likely not.)

I don't know what your time is worth but I don't see how $4 is worth the headache you'll undoubtedly get dealing with Best Buy's customer service. I went through an issue this past Xmas where I never got a $50 software bundle I ordered (or, more precisely, Best Buy never shipped it, as checking UPS's tracking order link on the order's page verified that they never received the order) and it took multiple phone calls and hours of hold time to deal with CS monkeys who tried to bullshit me by saying "Sorry there's nothing we can do please be patient". After losing my temper I FINALLY got ahold of one guy willing to do something and actually got my order shipped, but even then he refused to ship it express to get it to me in time to have it ready for Xmas (and yes, this was way after the time I was guaranteed to receive it on their website). After all that bullshit I never once got an apology or any sort of gift card/credit to reimburse me for my trouble.
Yeah, even if the process is smooth it's at least 20 minutes on the phone and probably another 10-15 to wait to return the original one. I'll probably just keep the original copy unless I'm going to return or call them for some other issue as well.

The Wii U is toast. Wait for the games to all be $10 later this year. Yes, the predictions are coming true. Do you want to be the guy coming back here saying, "Oh man I bought that game for $25 and it's still sealed on my shelf!" when it's $10 later this year? Yeah, me neither.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-17/nintendo-forecasts-net-loss-on-stagnating-sales-of-wii-u-games.html
I went ahead and picked up Wonderful 101 even though I honestly didn't care for the demo at all, but I really like Platinum Games and I can't wait for Bayonetta 2.

I hope the Wii U doesn't completely fail... I was against it at first because I hate motion controls, but I own 7 games for the system now and none of them use motion controls. In fact, I can use the pro controller on most of them too. Even though the system isn't nearly as powerful as PS4 and Xbone the games still look really good.

I actually thought that the Wii U was doing good over the holidays because they mentioned something about the Nintendo networks getting overburdened after Christmas and that was why the Pokemon bank got delayed.

Do you guys think we might see a lower price on Wonderful 101 in the next year or so? The game looks fun, but I don't mind waiting. I'm not sure of reputation for Platinum nintendo exclusive games dropping in price.
Its a platinum game so it will at least hit 20 dollars, and probably have a sale price of 10 at some point. Every game they make does this.

Its a platinum game so it will at least hit 20 dollars, and probably have a sale price of 10 at some point. Every game they make does this.
Except other platinum games aren't published by Nintendo, who are notoriously stubborn about pricedrops.

I went ahead and picked up Wonderful 101 even though I honestly didn't care for the demo at all, but I really like Platinum Games and I can't wait for Bayonetta 2.

I hope the Wii U doesn't completely fail... I was against it at first because I hate motion controls, but I own 7 games for the system now and none of them use motion controls. In fact, I can use the pro controller on most of them too. Even though the system isn't nearly as powerful as PS4 and Xbone the games still look really good.

I actually thought that the Wii U was doing good over the holidays because they mentioned something about the Nintendo networks getting overburdened after Christmas and that was why the Pokemon bank got delayed.
Sounds to me like you greatly overestimated Nintendo's competence in the online arena and their network. I don't know anything for certain but, given Nintendo's track record with online, it wouldn't surprise me to find that a small increase in users would bring the network down. Or maybe they simply had to take the WiiU network down cause the 3DS network was overburdened, now that you share funds and miiverse between the two systems I could see that possibly being the case (seeing as how it was all pretty much duct-taped together anyhow).

o.o I guess anything is craptastic nowadays if its not free or has a single digit price tag

So which of these deals do you think is good? Maybe you like Star Trek for $15? Mass Effect Trilogy/God of War Saga/Injustice for $30? Assassin's Creed III and Metal Gear Rising for $24 each?

I'd think you were a newbie but I know you aren't so I can't figure out what you are getting at, the vast majority of these games have been significantly cheaper in the past (with most of those sells being ran by Best Buy itself). I mean I know I have everything I just listed above, and aside from Injustice (which I bought on launch day) I paid less than the listed prices for all of it. Hell, it wasn't even a month ago that Metal Gear Rising was on sale at Best Buy for $15. And those console bundles..... I actually got a good laugh out of the price for that Uncharted 3 bundle. I really hope nobody is falling for that.

Out of everything on this list, the only thing I could even begin to classify as good is Dead or Alive, Wonderful 101, and MAYBE Crysis 3 (although I know it was less than that like 3 or 4 months ago). Otherwise "craptastic" defines this sale perfectly.

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty sure The Wonderful 101 is OOP now because not even Amazon has any in stock.
Amazon.com: Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item

Last edited:
I ordered Wonderful 101 from Amazon with the PM. Was waiting for something to get over $35 with my copy of Hyrule Historia for free shipping. I have almost $250 in credit. Sorry, BB.

Yes, I know it says Temporarily but they had Ikki tousen: Dragon Destiny listed as temporarily out of stock for a few months and it never came back in stock.

Ouch. I knew Nintendo was in deep shit with WiiU but I didn't know it wasn't that bad.

Still, WiiU isn't going anywhere this year. I mean obviously Iwata can (and should) be canned at any moment now and the WiiU can suddenly be axed, but frankly I think Nintendo as a whole is way too stubborn to admit a failure like that, especially for their only home console. Nintendo has made more than enough money from 3DS to give WiiU one more year and SSB (while not nearly as hyped as Brawl) should move some units. Yes, I know yet more $60 2D platformers aren't what most gamers want, but things are still picking up ever so slightly.

And I see what you are saying with W101, and I agree that the smart decision is probably to wait. But I'm not simply because I have some RZ certs burning a whole in my pocket, and we are talking a difference of $10, maybe $15 bucks, not $30 or $40. I'd rather just pay the extra few bucks to get it now.
Well, that's a personal decision. If you're going to use the game soon then it's a good price. If it's going to sit on your shelf for a long time before you play it, then you're better off buying 3 games for $30 than 3 games for $90.

Also, Best Buy is probably going to start doing some desperate moves soon. They did very poorly over the holidays with year over year sales declines. They opened early on Thanksgiving and it did nothing to help them and ended up costing them more for labor. Look what happened to their stock yesterday after they announced their shitty holiday sales.

https://www.google.com/finance?chdnp=1&chdd=1&chds=1&chdv=1&chvs=maximized&chdeh=0&chfdeh=0&chdet=1389992400000&chddm=1955&chls=IntervalBasedLine&q=NYSE:BBY&ntsp=0&ei=slLZUvi3Cuea6QGYWw

bread's done
Back