* * * * * 8 votes

[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

IndieGala PC Steam Bundle Desura Happy Hour

#9181 spoderman  

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:33 PM

TL;DR: they're all crap

GUtUP1U.jpg

#9182 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   3731 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:11 PM

TL;DR: they're all crap

if-its-not-scottish-its-crap-mcclures.jp

#9183 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4836 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:20 PM

so it's about the same quality of this week's Humble bundle?

#9184 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4354 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:47 PM

so it's about the same quality of this week's Humble bundle?

That's a bit harsh.  You're not really being fair to Indiegala.

#9185 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4532 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:00 PM

Who knew threatening another nation with nuclear weapons would be so complicated?

The Twinkly Twelve Bundle

$1 or more to get these Steam games:
$2.89 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get ALL 12 STEAM GAMES:

CAG and chill to my favourite track ... The Strangest Dream  9timh3.jpg

#9186 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   22562 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:34 PM

Man, even IndieGala can't save us today?

Looks like I might have to...dig into my insanely huge backlog. Ugh.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#9187 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4836 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:58 PM

Who knew threatening another nation with nuclear weapons would be so complicated?

it all starts with Homefront: The Video Game  :-

kim_jong_un_computer.jpg

#9188 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7875 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:45 PM

Thoughts on Friday Special 54 bundle:

$1 Tier

Hard Man - Bad looking hard platformer that isn't a platformer and instead some weird click and drag game.

Eldritch Hunter - Basic but maybe okay looking platformer/shooter game. Supposedly only mouse and keyboard so that's a minus.

Boom-Bahh - Simple looking puzzle platformer where you click on bombs and try to get some green blob into a pipe.

$3.49 Tier

Block Survival: Legend of the Lost Islands - Looks like a pretty neat voxel crafting/shooter single player game. First game I would want from bundle.

Stellar Interface - Rogue lite space shooter game. Looks pretty neat honestly. 2nd game would play.

Novus Inceptio - Early access crafting survival game. I haven't heard that before. People on CAG eat that up, but these games are not for me.

Reflecting Fate - Some horror adventure game. Looks interesting enough for me to play. 3rd game would play.

Psebay - One of those scrolling games where you're in a motorcycle like the Trials games. Looks alright enough with nice graphics. 4th game would play.

The Slimeking's Tower - This is likely the highlight of the bundle. Pretty neat and very new early access rogue game. Scares me a bit that it was bundled early. I will buy the bundle just based on this. 5th game would play.

Obscure - Challenge Your Mind - Early access puzzle action platformer. No idea what to think of this. Looks alright but supposedly has bad optimization. Would play eventually. 6th game I would play.

Overall a better than average bundle that I will buy mainly for The Slimeking's Tower as I saw impressions and it looks fun.

#9189 Rollobobo   EAT SHIITAKE! CAGiversary!   2873 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:27 PM

Man, I am going to have so many games to not play once Detruire comes back :D

What happened to Detruire? I had a few reservations for Happy Hour, but haven't heard from him in a while.

#9190 Thrakker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   571 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:59 PM

His last post was in late July I think. That's about the last time I got a message about the subscription, too. He said he was swamped with work stuff, but was still buying bundles and was hoping to send them out within a week. Haven't heard from him since then, but he's always come through in the past, so I have no reason to doubt he won't be back some day.

#9191 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4532 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:56 AM

The Friday Special Bundle #54

$1 or more to get these amazing Steam games:
$3.49 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get ALL 10 STEAM GAMES:

#9192 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7875 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:21 PM

Monday Motivation 29 aka blehhhhhh bundle 29 thoughts:

I'll summarize by saying I think there are quite a few unbundled games in this bundle, but they look like trash.

Nasway - Some horrible looking one screen horde mode game with voxel graphics. Bland as can be.

Lunaform - A puzzle game that looks a bit strange, as you catch falling stars in their correct color. Looks bland also, but could be alright.

Panda Love - Another bland looking platformer where you collect coins to try to reach your lovely pink panda.

Deadly Sky - An endless shooter where you scroll right. This one looks alright actually kind of reminding me of that old game Steel Empire. I wonder why most of the screen is taken up by an ugly view of your pilot.

Elmian Warrior - Looks like a Zelda type game mixed with something like Gauntlet. It also looks a bit bland, but this one could be fun as you gather treasure and such. Likely my first play from the bundle.

Sphere Frustration - An arena based rolling around collecting game. Very bland looking graphics and looks pretty boring from the video game play.

Shn!p - Pretty interesting looking puzzle game where you select a color and it explodes the surrounding colors like fireworks. I think it blows different colors to the side to create puzzles. I would play this.

Zotrix - Solar Division - A tower defense game in spaceeeeeeeeee. It looks pretty bad and boring as all heck.

Chromatic - A really pretty looking game where you are a sphere with rainbow colors and shoot away stuff. Looks like it could be fun. Would play this.

Flow:The Sliding - Do you like relaxing games? That is the whole game description and it looks a bland game about going along a line and avoiding obstacles in an endless runner sort of game.

Prisoner - Another bland looking platformer where you are escaping and try not to die on obstacles.

Survival is Not Enough - A terrible looking open world survival and crafting game. It's not early access at least, but it looks like it's easily the worst game in the bundle. The video even looks super slow in game play.

Overall some games I would try, but nothing amazing looking. Big pass from nitro!

#9193 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4532 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:28 PM

The Monday Motivation Bundle #29

$2.49 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get ALL 12 STEAM GAMES:

#9194 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   3731 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:19 PM

PresidentCat...you need to get the word out about these bundles before nitro-smob shoots them down with his fake news!!!!!!

#9195 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7875 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:19 PM

IG Bundle Hump Day 43 Impressions:

$1 Tier

Conjuntalia - An early access adventure game with some blob person exploring some very blocky looking ruins. Eh...looks unpolished.

Duo - A single player puzzle game where 2 pieces are moved at the same time and you want them to meet each other. Looks alright thought a bit simple. 1st play of the bundle.

Alien Splatter Redux - A contra look-a-like. That's enough for me to try it and it looks pretty fun. 2nd play of bundle.

$3.49 Tier

Atomic 79 - Shoot skeletons and get gold in an FPS game some reviewer compared to Devil Daggers. Honestly this looks better graphically (Devil Daggers looks ugly) and has some upgrades, so it might be worth trying. 3rd play of bundle.

The Keep - A first person dungeon crawler where you slash out with your mouse I think and draw spells and such. Looks pretty unique and I like old school dungeon crawlers. 4th play of bundle.

Space Fuss - A Hobo is Space defending himself in a kind of 1 plane tower defense game. Umm...I played a flash game similar to this before...OK but gets boring quickly.

Shadow Bug - You're a killer bug with a sword in something inspired by something like Dustforce. It looks nice enough, though simple. 5th play of bundle.

Missile Cards - Somewhat similar to that old game missile defense except you have cards that attack the stuff coming to your base. It looks pretty nice and fun. 6th play of bundle.

I'm Titanium - You go around flying in a spaceship upgrading your base and ship. It looks pretty bland and boring.

Earth Space Colonies - Super ambitious looking space game where you build up colonies and defend them. Looks like a worthy try though people complain it's too complicated for its own good.

Tangrams Deluxe - This one is based on an old chinese game where you have pieces and want to make some type of picture. I had a set of this as a kid, and it actually can get challenging. Annoying music in trailer, but this one was actually on my list to want to play some day. 7th play of bundle.

A more expensive bundle overall, but a good set of indie games too it seems. Very few repeats so this is an easy buy for myself. Nitro approved!

#9196 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7875 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:53 PM

IG Indie Fever Bundle Impressions:

Link to Bundle

$1 tier

Laseronium: Over The Line - Super, super basic looking puzzle game where you move around blocks that reflect the laser trying to hit a final spot. Looks bland.

Mad Muzzles - Another basic looking game, though this a match 3 game, which looks like it has a theme of animals vs people. Not much to these type of games.

A Long Road Home - RPGMaker adventure game where you and your family are attacked by cultists on your way home or something like that and has some puzzles. It has very few reviews, but seems positive enough. 1st play of bundle.

$2.49 tier

The Revenge of Johnny Bonasera - Think this is another adventure game where you play a kid who gets bullied and gets his revenge. Very simple graphics, design and overall a simple looking game. I'd try it at least. 2nd play of bundle.

Golden Fever - Very basic looking platformer game where you go and collect stars or something. These are a dime a dozen on Steam.

Mr Rabbit's Alphabet Forest Adventure - Edutainment game with somewhat simple 3D graphics where you guide some rabbit around a maze for some reason. It also has where you can draw letters. I'm too old for these, but even then this doesn't look great.

Slap the Fly - In this one you have a 3D environment where you either play a human try to get some insects or animals or something. You can also play the insects, rats, etc....to not get taken out by the humans. I have this one already, but it looks like a decent enough re bundle. 3rd play from bundle.

Runaway Train - This game looks like an arcade action game crossed with a puzzle game where you have a runaway train and need to lay tracks for it trying to reach all cities. Each track laid down makes the train go faster and faster. Looks OK, but not my type of puzzle game.

Solitaire - Cat Pirate Portrait - It's a super basic version of solitaire with a cat pirate picture in the background. The game just looks blah. It almost looks like something i'd find on windows 95 or something.

Airon Ball - Classic game where you roll a ball around to reach a goal with some physics. Supposedly the physics in the game are pretty horrible as well.

Spider Wars - An early access game where you play as a spider and supposedly have technology and weapons on your side. It looks a bit rough, and supposedly is mainly a multiplayer game. I'd maybe try it if it was not EA, but nope for sure.

VThree - Another early access game, but this one is a 3D platform hopping game made for speed running. The problem is that it's pretty broken and seems to crash a lot....yeah fix your optimization and bugs.

Easy pass for me, though I would try out the adventure games from the bundle. Nitro pass! 

#9197 IAmTheCheapestFox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19700 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestFox

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:07 PM

These look like a lot of game looking objects to me. #Fakenews

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#9198 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4532 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:53 AM

IG Indie Fever Bundle Impressions:

Link to Bundle

$1 tier

Laseronium: Over The Line - Super, super basic looking puzzle game where you move around blocks that reflect the laser trying to hit a final spot. Looks bland.

Mad Muzzles - Another basic looking game, though this a match 3 game, which looks like it has a theme of animals vs people. Not much to these type of games.

A Long Road Home - RPGMaker adventure game where you and your family are attacked by cultists on your way home or something like that and has some puzzles. It has very few reviews, but seems positive enough. 1st play of bundle.

$2.49 tier

The Revenge of Johnny Bonasera - Think this is another adventure game where you play a kid who gets bullied and gets his revenge. Very simple graphics, design and overall a simple looking game. I'd try it at least. 2nd play of bundle.

Golden Fever - Very basic looking platformer game where you go and collect stars or something. These are a dime a dozen on Steam.

Mr Rabbit's Alphabet Forest Adventure - Edutainment game with somewhat simple 3D graphics where you guide some rabbit around a maze for some reason. It also has where you can draw letters. I'm too old for these, but even then this doesn't look great.

Slap the Fly - In this one you have a 3D environment where you either play a human try to get some insects or animals or something. You can also play the insects, rats, etc....to not get taken out by the humans. I have this one already, but it looks like a decent enough re bundle. 3rd play from bundle.

Runaway Train - This game looks like an arcade action game crossed with a puzzle game where you have a runaway train and need to lay tracks for it trying to reach all cities. Each track laid down makes the train go faster and faster. Looks OK, but not my type of puzzle game.

Solitaire - Cat Pirate Portrait - It's a super basic version of solitaire with a cat pirate picture in the background. The game just looks blah. It almost looks like something i'd find on windows 95 or something.

Airon Ball - Classic game where you roll a ball around to reach a goal with some physics. Supposedly the physics in the game are pretty horrible as well.

Spider Wars - An early access game where you play as a spider and supposedly have technology and weapons on your side. It looks a bit rough, and supposedly is mainly a multiplayer game. I'd maybe try it if it was not EA, but nope for sure.

VThree - Another early access game, but this one is a 3D platform hopping game made for speed running. The problem is that it's pretty broken and seems to crash a lot....yeah fix your optimization and bugs.

Easy pass for me, though I would try out the adventure games from the bundle. Nitro pass! 

Tremendous! You're hired! You can take BannonCat's office!

#9199 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4836 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:40 AM

please hire the Fox, TrumpCat... he needs that chief adviser position

#9200 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   22562 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

please hire the Fox, TrumpCat... he needs that chief adviser position

Does (IAmTheCheapest) Fox own....Fox News?

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#9201 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7875 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:23 PM

Hopefully these impressions help someone. They are just me looking at the Steam page and watching the trailers and maybe reading a review or two. I mainly do them to help me decide if I want to buy a bundle....plus I like typing stuff about all the poop in these bundles.

#9202 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7875 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:01 AM

The Shaman Games Studio Bundle just spiced up your week with 12 magically fun Steam games!

$2.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get ALL 12 STEAM GAMES:

Honestly not excited at all for this with mass repeats and casual games galore. No commentary on these, but I only get Bundlestars casual bundles and most of these have been bundled.

#9203 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3629 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:28 AM

The Shaman Games Studio Bundle just spiced up your week with 12 magically fun Steam games!

You were expecting , but it was me, !

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#9204 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7875 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:39 AM

IG Hefty Indie Bundle Impressions:

$1 or more:

Starving - Really simple puzzle zombie game where you move and you stop when you hit an object and your objective is to eat brains that are lying on the floor. It looks simple but I would play it. 1st play of bundle.

Western FPS - It's a slightly generic looking Wolf 3D like western fps. Eh.....looks OK and would play it. 2nd play of bundle.

Army Craft - A defense game where you are a turret I think and shoot some army stuff. Very basic looking.

$2.89 or more:

Insane Road - Some weird 2.5D shooter with some voxel graphics where you drive a vehicle and shoot things. Looks pretty blah honestly, and I'm not a huge fan of voxel graphics.

Heavily Armed - Some FPS game set in the future. Looks really rough and supposedly runs badly.

Proviant - Some ant colony survival game thing. It guides you along hinting what you should do, but supposedly is hard to follow. Looks unique but flawed.

Hexagon Defense - Somewhat weird looking Hexagon tower defense game. Supposedly gets hard as some enemies come from the sides and are hard to build against. Looks OK...not ugly at least.

Mission: Escape From the Island - Looks like a very bland FPS escape game where you are on an island, get guns and escape!

Glasswinged Ascension - Some cyberpunk side scrolling stealth game that looks neat, but has no controller support and supposedly slippery controls. Still looks interesting enough to try. 3rd play of bundle.

Forgotten Faces - This game is a 3D one where you play a girl who has a disease where she can't see people's faces. Supposedly has an interesting idea, but is poorly executed. It does look bland, but i'd try it. 4th play of bundle.

SINISTRY SILINIUM - A psychological thriller early access game packed with action, stealth and puzzles. Looks ambitious but likely doesn't reach them. Still would try it. 5th play of bundle.

Virus Z - Some game where you go around and shoot some zombies kind of Robotron style. It looks OK at best, though very basic. I would still try it. 6th play of bundle.

So yeah....a lot of games I would try for curiosity sake, but honestly don't look great. It's a low value bundle, but it doesn't have repeats. I'm pretty unsure of this one, but honestly some of the stuff looks fun in a way. nitro passes likely. 

#9205 Rollobobo   EAT SHIITAKE! CAGiversary!   2873 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:51 PM

Anyone else doing Happy Hour bundles? Detruire is MIA. Hope hes doing alright.

#9206 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7875 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:24 PM

Anyone else doing Happy Hour bundles? Detruire is MIA. Hope hes doing alright.

Once I get a more stable job I'll start doing them, though i'm a total noobie to that. I wouldn't ever buy VR bundles though.

#9207 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7875 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:36 PM

Another just copy/paste....don't want VR bundles.

The Virtual Reality XII Bundle just went LIVE with 10 SUPER Steam VR games! (Total MSRP $99)

Pay $1 or more to get these Steam games!

Pay $3.49 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get all 10 STEAM Virtual Reality GAMES!

I'm going to start doing it like these than the impressions afterwards for the TL:DR people out there. 

#9208 IAmTheCheapestFox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19700 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestFox

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:19 PM

So has Trumpcat officially resigned yet? Or is he waiting for us to fire him?

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#9209 vlt1p  

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:01 AM

He's just gonna let someone else do it and hope we don't notice smh

#9210 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   7820 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:19 AM

He hired nitrosmob to do it a week ago.  Don't you people keep up with the news?

Tremendous! You're hired! You can take BannonCat's office!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IndieGala, PC, Steam, Bundle, Desura, Happy Hour