[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

If I ever host a bundle, I'm going to fake a big argument with a dev and have "under maintenance" periods so people will buy in early.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I ever host a bundle, I'm going to fake a big argument with a dev and have "under maintenance" periods so people will buy in early.
Ugh. Now I'm getting worried too and I usually try to not to Drabelincoln buy in these situations.

Even if it wasn't intentional it's a great marketing tactic.

Ugh. Now I'm getting worried too and I usually try to not to Drabelincoln buy in these situations.

Finally was able to buy.

If this was a marketing tactic, it worked on me. :wall:

Just as reported by utopianmachine, the key email is taking unusually long to arrive.

I might be tempted if I didn't have Sang Froid.. but $4 for 3 games (that I don't own) is too much.

I really don't know why are you interested in yet another fps, which is in alpha stage and will probably be multiplayer focused. The game is not looking cool and doesn't even have cards. I don't see a reason for all the hype. I would rather take a bundle for $2 without unfinished fps, that I will never play, than for $4 with it.

I might be tempted if I didn't have Sang Froid.. but $4 for 3 games (that I don't own) is too much.
That's actually the only game in it that I don't have that I really want. I have Beast Boxing, Rush Bros. and Pixeljunk Shooter. Cubicity is meh for me and honestly all drama aside I don't really care about Interstellar Marines that much.

I'm going to resist ZOMGIMIGHTMISSADEAL fear buying and just stand strong and wait for happy hour.

I really don't know why are you interested in yet another fps, which is in alpha stage and will probably be multiplayer focused. The game is not looking cool and doesn't even have cards. I don't see a reason for all the hype. I would rather take a bundle for $2 without unfinished fps, that I will never play, than for $4 with it.
I don't think that many people actually care about that game or they'll play it 5 mins and realize it's an alpha stage multiplayer only generic FPS and then never play it again.

It's more the psychological fear of missing a deal. :lol:

Agreed i'm a FPS hater mainly....even if they have nicer graphics like Battlefield 4. I just get bored and too many come out. I mainly want for Sang Froid. Beast Boxing Turbo is ok but over quite quick and not crazy hard after your girl is upgraded a bit. Decent game nonetheless though nowhere near as good as any Punchout.

The game is actually supposed to be campaign/co-op focused. From what I've read, the multiplayer aspect is what is being used to help develop the game.

Also if you set "All to charity", 50% goes to charity & 50% Indie Gala

I don't count IndieGala as charity :(
You can individually give all the money to Ablegamers by using their individual slider.

Apparently, the IM devs just asked IndieGala to remove the Spearhead edition from the bundle, but were denied:

Uhm, yeah.. I'm glad they were denied. Stupid to agree to have the Spearhead edition in the bundle then ask IG to remove it. This was the dev's screwup, not IG's.

Ummm yeah, definitely this. I mean I get why people are upset, but you paid for what you got. You paid to play the game right away and support and fund and ponies and rainbows and butterflies in your stomach. So you got what you paid for. Getting mad at what other people are doing isn't really pertinent to what you paid for.

There was no implicit contract for them to hold the price at X amount for so much time so you wouldn't feel like a fool for buying in early. I hate feeling like a fool too. And Steam has made me feel that way recently with a few things. And it made me mad too. So I definitely get it, but if you are going to do something foolish like buy a game early access you have to be ready for something like this to happen.

I mean, I paid $15 for The WarZ... non steam...only to see it released on Steam a month later and hit $3.75 during the Winter sale last year. Now that's me looking a damn fool.

I don't think people need to freak out about it getting pulled. The latest dev post on SPUF is more or less an apology for making people mad, but there's nothing to indicate they are trying to have it removed.

I don't think people need to freak out about it getting pulled. The latest dev post on SPUF is more or less an apology for making people mad, but there's nothing to indicate they are trying to have it removed.
They might have only agreed to a limited supply of keys though. Like the Groupees Train Simulator 2013 situation.

'cause all the shit they're talking about for the "Finished game" sounds like it could be enjoyable. And even though I'm 99% sure they'll pull a Minecraft and say "It's done!" even though it doesn't have what they were talking about, for $4 with other games I'm willing to roll the dice.

Incidentally, it does seem like a pretty big fuckup. At the BTA tier you get 3 copies of Interstellar Marines. You get 1 regular copy from Indie Gala, 1 Spearhead copy from Indie Gala, and then whoever (Presumably you) activates the Spearhead copy gets a Steam-tradeable copy in inventory.

It's been down all day for me, going to keep trying. I'm in for Interstellar Marines, myself and a few friends would definitely enjoy the co-op when it comes out later. Thanks for the thread OP, didn't even know this bundle existed.

The game is actually supposed to be campaign/co-op focused. From what I've read, the multiplayer aspect is what is being used to help develop the game.
Wow, so I don't see it being released in next 2 years. The game had been available for 5 months as early access before they managed to make jumping mechanics.

Ummm yeah, definitely this. I mean I get why people are upset, but you paid for what you got. You paid to play the game right away and support and fund and ponies and rainbows and butterflies in your stomach. So you got what you paid for. Getting mad at what other people are doing isn't really pertinent to what you paid for.
I think the issue as I see it is the inclusion of the Spearhead Edition. I understand the risks of purchasing early access well enough, but when a dev offers "unique" content via special purchases, one would expect a certain amount of exclusivity. I think that these actions can, to a certain degree, hurt Early Access in a general sense in that buyers may end up being more gun shy about purchasing special promotions tied to a title. I know this is CAG and all, but if there is a title/dev I want to support, I will, regardless of cost (too an extent). And I'd have no issue to the SE being included in a bundle after the game is out of Early Access and released, but the thought process behind this was just stupid.

Wow, so I don't see it being released in next 2 years. The game had been available for 5 months as early access before they managed to make jumping mechanics.
I think this game has been in development for something like 6 years.

Was mildly interested during a previous sale but passed after checking on the forums and finding out that only a couple people were ever online playing. Even if this bundling bungle alienates the existing playerbase, they'll probably end up with more people trying it out now.

edit: neuro'd

You can individually give all the money to Ablegamers by using their individual slider.
True, but I still think it's somewhat scheistery that they default "all to charity" to go half to Shitty Minecraft clone # 8,472 Gala Project X.

It doesn't excuse that people should still read and pay attention to where their money is going, but it does kind of seem like they are trying to pull a fast one on people not paying attention. Or that they are delusional enough to actually consider themselves a charity.
I'm 99% sure they'll pull a Minecraft and say "It's done!" even though it doesn't have what they were talking about
I suspect in the long term that a good portion of Early Access games will do this, if they even ever bother to finish it at all. There's nothing in the slightest that compels them to should they decide flaking out sounds appealing.

I think the issue as I see it is the inclusion of the Spearhead Edition. I understand the risks of purchasing early access well enough, but when a dev offers "unique" content via special purchases, one would expect a certain amount of exclusivity. I think that these actions can, to a certain degree, hurt Early Access in a general sense in that buyers may end up being more gun shy about purchasing special promotions tied to a title. I know this is CAG and all, but if there is a title/dev I want to support, I will, regardless of cost (too an extent). And I'd have no issue to the SE being included in a bundle after the game is out of Early Access and released, but the thought process behind this was just stupid.
I think people should be very, very wary of Early Access anyway. This certainly isn't the first reason to do so. To me it really is buyer beware much more so than a regular release, which already carries a bit of that risk if it's an unknown.

Was mildly interested during a previous sale but passed after checking on the forums and finding out that only a couple people were ever online playing.
I think that could be said for 90% of the multiplayer games on Steam.

I really hope Spearhead doesn't get pulled before maintenance is done... but I have a feeling that's why the maintenance is happening, so I probably won't be getting it. I'm in for PIxelJunk Shooter alone though once it's back up. No, seriously, that game is AMAZING.

I really hope Spearhead doesn't get pulled before maintenance is done... but I have a feeling that's why the maintenance is happening, so I probably won't be getting it. I'm in for PIxelJunk Shooter alone though once it's back up. No, seriously, that game is AMAZING.
It's not in maintenance right now and yeah Pixeljunk Shooter looks cool, I'll have to download it and try it out.

Yeah, those are definitely all valid points and consumers should definitely speak with their wallet. This dev has basically hurt any future hopes of a successful early access/kickstarter campaign by bundling it so soon. I remember the Botanicula fiasco with Humble too. All I'm saying is if someone sells me a soda for $5 and I agree to buy it, it's because I thought it was worth $5 to me at the time. If he sells a bottle of the same soda to someone else at $1 that has nothing to do with my soda. But I will no longer buy soda from him in the future.

True, but I still think it's somewhat scheistery that they default "all to charity" to go half to Shitty Minecraft clone # 8,472 Gala Project X.

It doesn't excuse that people should still read and pay attention to where their money is going, but it does kind of seem like they are trying to pull a fast one on people not paying attention. Or that they are delusional enough to actually consider themselves a charity.
I suspect in the long term that a good portion of Early Access games will do this, if they even ever bother to finish it at all. There's nothing in the slightest that compels them to should they decide flaking out sounds appealing.

I think people should be very, very wary of Early Access anyway. This certainly isn't the first reason to do so. To me it really is buyer beware much more so than a regular release, which already carries a bit of that risk if it's an unknown.
Yeah, I only found out because - fake CAG confession - I gave money to Gala Project X before I knew the details of it. I wanted to chip in something to see if it would help them reveal what it was, but once I saw it was yet another craft clone - no more! Everything to ablegamers.

And early access is definitely buyer beware. I think we'll see some real backlash in about a year or two when people "finish" games ala 3079 and just move on to the next thing leaving us with incomplete demos.

WTH? first rule of mutliplayer games... never stop jumping...

source: years of WoW

This! I treat it like KickStarter... but Early Access is worse than KickStarter imo, because with KickStarter, you are very clearly getting a promise. Early Access isn't different enough from finished/released games to properly raise that flag for everyone. (I'd have a different opinion if Early Access was restricted to mid/late beta -- or as Bethesda like to call it, released.)

Is there a trick to getting your keys for this bundle? I have nothing but a Paypal receipt email. Tried the key resender and nada. Mind you, this was all done 3 to 4 hours ago, so...

Is there a trick to getting your keys for this bundle? I have nothing but a Paypal receipt email. Tried the key resender and nada. Mind you, this was all done 3 to 4 hours ago, so...
People are reporting long delays in getting theirs. I got mine immediately but I bought immediately before the whole dev controversy. This bundle has also sold the quickest ever for IG and their buying system is currently under system maintenance.

Might have something to do with it?

System maintenance

The sale will resume in a few minutes.
Even Indie Gala is in on the yellow font joke...

People are reporting long delays in getting theirs. I got mine immediately but I bought immediately before the whole dev controversy. This bundle has also sold the quickest ever for IG and their buying system is currently under system maintenance.
I just found an older Indie Gala email, from their last bundle, I guess, and that took me straight to my keys.

"And there was much rejoicing". yay...

I just found an older Indie Gala email, from their last bundle, I guess, and that took me straight to my keys.

"And there was much rejoicing". yay...
Yeah, if you ever bought anything directly from them before, the link is always the same so if you have it handy that's the quickest way to access it.

The next problem, when this bundle ends, will be trying to find an empty server. If you're not a CAGer and actually install the game that is.

Spoder spodered it.  Of course Sang-froid is supposed to be in that Groupees, too... I think?  But that marine game looks interesting enough.  As does bestial punch-out.

I very much agree with this. Selling a promise is going to backfire at some point. There's absolutely nothing to hold them accountable. Developers go belly-up or break apart all of the time.

Spoder spodered it. Of course Sang-froid is supposed to be in that Groupees, too... I think? But that marine game looks interesting enough. As does bestial punch-out.
Sang Froid was my first guess for that drawing, but after everyone said the drawing is supposed to be George Washington and a cherry tree.. I don't think the game will be Sang Froid.

The only game I wanted from this was Sang-Froid. Everything else was immaterial, I wont play Marines until it's done so I guess it's a small investment. Any "mystery games"  bta hope for me has died many bundles ago. I was having buyer's guilt until Game Hoarder said punchout was fun.

I very much agree with this. Selling a promise is going to backfire at some point. There's absolutely nothing to hold them accountable. Developers go belly-up or break apart all of the time.
28s7pmr.jpg

George Washing = werewolf.
Is that the sequel to Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter?

I'm still hesitating on buying this right now since I'm afraid they'll stop including Interstellar Marines.

But at the same time it's four bucks and that's not cheap enough.

Incidentally, Beast Boxing Turbo is a very good game. I beat it in like two or three days, even on hard, it's very easy, but challenging enough for most normal-skilled players.

I'm still hesitating on buying this right now since I'm afraid they'll stop including Interstellar Marines.

But at the same time it's four bucks and that's not cheap enough.

Incidentally, Beast Boxing Turbo is a very good game. I beat it in like two or three days, even on hard, it's very easy, but challenging enough for most normal-skilled players.
Stay strong brother, stay strong.

I usually don't pick up the Indie Gala bundles, but there are actually a lot of games I am interested in here: Interstellar Marines, Beast Boxing Turbo, Sang Froid, Pixel Junk Shooter.  All of those were already on my radar.  Consider it bought!

bread's done
Back