[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

I'm still hesitating on buying this right now since I'm afraid they'll stop including Interstellar Marines.

But at the same time it's four bucks and that's not cheap enough.

Incidentally, Beast Boxing Turbo is a very good game. I beat it in like two or three days, even on hard, it's very easy, but challenging enough for most normal-skilled players.
I would rather wait for a happy hour but part of me wonders if they will have one. I don't care about the $1 tier and already own Beast Boxing. What to do, what to do?

It's IG. I think there was only one time they didn't have a happy hour? They like to be all coy and pretend it won't happen but... it will.

The bundle is selling very well. There will be a happy hour. If this bundle sold like shit like the IG Simulator bundle.. then it'd be a different story.

Good enough bundle that even my friends went and bought in already. I wonder if the backlash will scare the Interstellar devs into never doing a large discount/bundle ever again; could make it very possible to resell those spearhead edition codes for a hefty price in a few months.

Could this be the bundle where we finally get Ride to Hell as a bonus!?! I hope so :D 

Last edited by a moderator:
Good enough bundle that even my friends went and bought in already. I wonder if the backlash will scare the Interstellar devs into never doing a large discount/bundle ever again; could make it very possible to resell those spearhead edition codes for a hefty price in a few months.

Could this be the bundle where we finally get Ride to Hell as a bonus!?! I hope so :D
ur friends r FAKE CAGS

So, I bought in at $4 within the first 12 hours, but my key page is missing Rush Bros. Sang-Froid, and PixelJunk Shooter.  There's just no space for them, although both Intersteller Marines versions are there.

Is this a known problem? I didn't see any discussion about it in either thread.

So, I bought in at $4 within the first 12 hours, but my key page is missing Rush Bros. Sang-Froid, and PixelJunk Shooter. There's just no space for them, although both Intersteller Marines versions are there.

Is this a known problem? I didn't see any discussion about it in either thread.
I had that happen to some of my IG January gifts. I had to email Indie Gala.

The bundle is selling very well. There will be a happy hour. If this bundle sold like shit like the IG Simulator bundle.. then it'd be a different story.
Which is incidentally why we never did get Steam keys for Euro Truck Simulator 1, because like 5 people bought that bundle and there just wasn't enough people to stir up an internet lynch mob when those lame Euro developers tried to pretend like it wasn't in a bundle.

Which is incidentally why we never did get Steam keys for Euro Truck Simulator 1, because like 5 people bought that bundle and there just wasn't enough people to stir up an internet lynch mob when those lame Euro developers tried to pretend like it wasn't in a bundle.
SCS just ignored my emails about it. So I just bought their game dirt cheap from the Russian mafia.

I would rather wait for a happy hour but part of me wonders if they will have one. I don't care about the $1 tier and already own Beast Boxing. What to do, what to do?
Ain't nothing wrong with analysis paralysis in this case.

Posting for the star.
rainbow_star_vomit_by_terrabird7-d3n1u2y.png

[quote name="Woodlands" post="11504492" timestamp="1391653112"]So, I bought in at $4 within the first 12 hours, but my key page is missing Rush Bros. Sang-Froid, and PixelJunk Shooter. There's just no space for them, although both Intersteller Marines versions are there.

Is this a known problem? I didn't see any discussion about it in either thread.[/quote]That happened to me with the Indiegala October. I emailed them and within a day they sent me a gift link for an additional bundle with all of the games. I'm not sure how several games weren't bundled in the first place, but the end result was I ended up with one full bundle and double copies of everything else, so no complaints here.

That happened to me with the Indiegala October. I emailed them and within a day they sent me a gift link for an additional bundle with all of the games. I'm not sure how several games weren't bundled in the first place, but the end result was I ended up with one full bundle and double copies of everything else, so no complaints here.
Yeah, it's their system, it messes up on some bundles and keys end up missing. And they have no way of adding keys to a bundle so they usually either give you the keys or give you an entire new bundle, but you have to contact them within 30 days of purchase.

This Interstellar Marine game actually looks really fun, definitely gonna wait out and see when the Happy Hour hits though

I hope so too. That game's got to show up in a bundle at some point, as terrible as it is, and I kinda want to play it just because it is so terrible. I have an odd relationship with games that are supposed to be terrible. Some of them I really want to play (like this one) and some I just feel like aren't really worth my time (like Revelations 2012). I guess it depends on what kind of terrible game it is.

SCS just ignored my emails about it. So I just bought their game dirt cheap from the Russian mafia.
Did you have to deliver payloads to the middle of Siberia in exchange for this favor?

I hope so too. That game's got to show up in a bundle at some point, as terrible as it is, and I kinda want to play it just because it is so terrible. I have an odd relationship with games that are supposed to be terrible. Some of them I really want to play (like this one) and some I just feel like aren't really worth my time (like Revelations 2012). I guess it depends on what kind of terrible game it is.
It's fun to play the terrible games that everyone talks about, just so you can join in the discussion and feel everyone's pain. Meanwhile, when it's the kind of bad that everyone ignores because it was clearly terrible from the beginning, there's no fun in that. There have to be enough people who had their hopes crushed.

And then there's the occasional Bad Rats, which defies all explanation.

Did you have to deliver payloads to the middle of Siberia in exchange for this favor?
Revelations 2012 is actually a ton of fun playing with a group, and I don't normally play multiplayer games. I don't think it would be nearly as LOLWTF-worthy single player without other people to share it with, but you should definitely try to get together with a group of people and play it at least once.

Also I think (hope?) it's self aware and knows it's trashy and revels in its trashiness. Unlike something like Garry's Incident where the dev tries to front like it's a good game and censors the hell out of everyone and everything to cover up that it's not.

I was just thinking about Revelations 2012 the other day and thinking it we be cool if we could get another group going for it.

I'm kind of fascinated with bad or weird games too. Most times though I like the idea of it better than the reality, like the ridiculous Euro-simulators. Revelations though with a group is actually ridiculous camp shenanigans.

Revelations 2012 is actually a ton of fun playing with a group, and I don't normally play multiplayer games. I don't think it would be nearly as LOLWTF-worthy single player without other people to share it with, but you should definitely try to get together with a group of people and play it at least once.
Also I think (hope?) it's self aware and knows it's trashy and revels in its trashiness. Unlike something like Garry's Incident where the dev tries to front like it's a good game and censors the hell out of everyone and everything to cover up that it's not.

I was just thinking about Revelations 2012 the other day and thinking it we be cool if we could get another group going for it.

I'm kind of fascinated with bad or weird games too. Most times though I like the idea of it better than the reality, like the ridiculous Euro-simulators. Revelations though with a group is actually ridiculous camp shenanigans.
This! It was fun it a group... I think I'd find it dredful alone. With the dance and sayings I have to think it's self-aware.

It has been before but I think it was before you were around. Might have even be pre-BGCQ group but I know several of us from CAG have grouped in Rev2012.
I remember grouping in December 2012 (a few days ahead)... there was at least one other grouping prior.

It has been before but I think it was before you were around. Might have even be pre-BGCQ group but I know several of us from CAG have grouped in Rev2012.
Yeah, I grouped with you in Rev2012 before, along with some other cags. I remember us failing.

Hi Dear,

Sorry we didn't get back to you sooner. We were busy using our Gala X Charity money on Albanian hookers and blow.

What did you want again? Oh yes, your account. It's fixed. You really need to redeem your keys sooner next time!

Gotta go, Enkeleida is calling.

XOXO

Indie Gala

They fixed my keys this afternoon.

In their email they greeted me with "Hi Dear," and admonished me for not claiming my profile page, even though I already have.

Ah Indie Gala...
They called me Dear when I reported the security flaw in their profile claiming system. Because they're Italian they sit in that annoying spot where you don't know whether they are using it condescendingly, or don't know any better.

They called me Dear when I reported the security flaw in their profile claiming system. Because they're Italian they sit in that annoying spot where you don't know whether they are using it condescendingly, or don't know any better.
I'm half Italian and I can say that I would know better. Read into that what you will...

You're such a cutie, dear.

This bundle is an awesome deal... can't wait 2 play Interstellar Marines!

Good job IG & Thanks Fox for the new updated thread!

You don't know? Oh dearie, aren't you just adorable.

They fixed my keys this afternoon.

In their email they greeted me with "Hi Dear," and admonished me for not claiming my profile page, even though I already have.

Ah Indie Gala...
I had the missing game issue as well and contacted IG a little while after you. They gave me the same message of "Hi Dear" and implied my claimed profile was unclaimed just as they said to you.

They did not fix my issue and the page is still broken. What a pain.

Edit: IG fixed it on a second attempt. Hurray.

No update on anything yet.  No bonus games update or HH yet.  Check out the Fox Group Buy thread to reserve your slot.  Running behind as opposed to last bundle (but expected since Deadly Premonition is awesome, but so are Sang Froid and IS Marines).  Just an FYI, hosting at cost this time as a thank you to all my group buyers.  Hoping the cost is even cheaper than it was last time as IG seems to be reversing on its price gouging ways.  

That's ok, you can let one of your slaves idle it on their account.
*Weighs up the potential trauma of my little girl watching little girls getting eaten alive by giant monsters vs. MOAR CARDZ. Decides daughter would think game was 'awesome'*

Good plan ;)

bread's done
Back